Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Excited About The Dream Home Decorator GP?

Comments

• CelenaLampreyCelenaLamprey Posts: 7 New Member
    I have to agree with a couple of other people comparing this career to the one in Sims 3. One of the biggest differences between the 2 was the Create A Style tool in Sims 3 - made a WHOLE world of difference in design and building. Being able to coordinate fabrics and woods/metals was HUGE for me as a builder, and it made the Architect career, building and decorating more flexible, fun and a lot less painful in comparison. So I'm just not sure about this in Sims 4 w/o CAS for objects. Maybe this new pack will spur the development of a new tool?
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm not jump up and down excited but I am "looks good and I need more info" excited. I have a lot of questions about the new career, and the BB, as always, looks great. I hope there is a new world. My main question involves the houses we renovate. Do they reset later? After all, there are only so many houses in each world, and you'd run out eventually. there are also houses I've built that I won't want to renovate.
  • polishsimmepolishsimme Posts: 20 Member
    My worry is, it's just another career I will Try to play once and then leave it and never come back to it again (I don't play that much due to lack of time to do so).
    I have PA stuff pack since the release and I don't see myself going back to the investigator career... :(
    Buuuut... Hopefully there is something more to it...
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited May 2021
    I have questions and I’m dreading the answers are going to disappoint.

Bob Pancakes was seen asking for a playroom that has to be purple. Do he and Eliza even know what purple is? I know the game has a pretty good idea because you can sort by color in bb, but does it actually matter for the sims? And would it have an impact while you’re not redecorating?

If they are going to have preferences then it’s a great step forward, in my opinion. The more to set them apart as individuals, the more interesting the game can be for me.

I’m afraid this pack will be shallow and meaningless, so I look forward to learning more and hopefully being wrong about that.

I liked the furniture and stuff I saw. I also liked that stuff in the Paranormal pack which I didn’t buy because I don’t want that gameplay. The gameplay is the important part for me.
  • GamecubeLover26GamecubeLover26 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm curious. I loved the career in the Sims 3, but the price feels much steeper when you're only receiving 1 career. I won't be purchasing it, but I'm excited to see what YouTubers do with the pack.

I also was weirdly a lot more okay with the trailer. I HATED the Eco Lifestyle trailer, but this one felt a lot more toned down. While I would prefer voiceless trailers and producer gameplay to the voiced trailers we have now, I wouldn't be mad at having more trailers like this one in the future! Loved the picture they included of her family too! ❤
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    The new objects look fantastic, but I don't know if it really offers any new gameplay that excites me. To me, it just looks like build mode but your sims get paid for building. Also, I don't usually build anything either. I mostly use the gallery for new houses etc. However, I will still be purchasing the pack for the new objects and to support TS4.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Yes, it looks pretty cool.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited May 2021
    Not excited at all - I'm perfectly capable of decorating on my own. Besides, it us unlikely to contain anything I might need. I have an exotic dancer club and gothic mansion, if anyone is curious (Unlikely, of course)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I think this will be nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I am not excited about the pack, no. Not yet anyway.

That being said, I do look forward to the live stream and perhaps the demo will change my mind.
    It probably will. :D

well I mean the house your sims are in could use a remodel at least on the 3rd floor right @CAPTAIN_NXR7 ghost and what not have taste to after
    all maybe it will put them in a better mood
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    If you go into BB mode on a lot your sim doesn't own, there is a bug where you can't see inside the building anymore, you get the view as if your sim has just arrived and doesn't yet have permission to enter. This happens even if your sim is already inside. The only way to fix it is to leave the lot.
    So are they fixing this bug in next weeks patch? Is this bug going to effect trying to go into build mode on a lot where you have a decorating job? Have they remembered at all that this bug still exists and have they taken any steps to play test this pack?

I'm concerned that a lot of people are going to have an issue with this.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    If you go into BB mode on a lot your sim doesn't own, there is a bug where you can't see inside the building anymore, you get the view as if your sim has just arrived and doesn't yet have permission to enter. This happens even if your sim is already inside. The only way to fix it is to leave the lot.
    So are they fixing this bug in next weeks patch? Is this bug going to effect trying to go into build mode on a lot where you have a decorating job? Have they remembered at all that this bug still exists and have they taken any steps to play test this pack?

I've never seen that bug myself, but I have a feeling that the pack will come with its own "catalog" or something (my earlier thoughts on that are posted here) as a way to circumvent having to go in and out of Build/Buy. Well, also to add the necessary gameplay to call it a game pack. :lol:

As for the thread's question, no, I'm not excited. I love building, renovating, and redecorating, but I'm pretty sure the career in the pack will be too limited for my enjoyment. I maaaay eventually end up getting the pack for the new stuff, but I'm still in wait-and-see mode on that.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I haven't been this excited about a pack in a while. It's basically a combination of two of my favorite things to do, build and gameplay. Also, the counter top stove is awesome. I've wanted something like this for a while now. Even though I'm not super into more modern style build items, I do really like the look of most of the build/buy items. Plus, there seems to be shoe clutter. :D

I am really happy about the shoe clutter. Now my Sims can have a shoe store. 😁

Yesterday, all I kept saying was "Shoe clutter!" to the point my son asked why I kept repeating myself. He doesn't play The Sims so he doesn't get it. :D
    A shoe store? I hadn't thought of that. That's a really good idea.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member

Hopefully they have at least tested going into and out of build mode for this career...it's Maxis though, they do like to miss things like this in their playtesting.

The bug where you get a lot of lag when exiting build mode could be a bit troublesome for this career too. In case anyone has that bug btw, try turning of vsync in the game settings.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I don't think I will buy it when it is released, but I will keep an eye on reviews to see what is available in the pack.
    I am not a huge home decor person, but if I end up liking something in the pack, I may end up buying it.
    I am still on the fence for Oasis Springs as well.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

I've never seen that bug myself, but I have a feeling that the pack will come with its own "catalog" or something (my earlier thoughts on that are posted here) as a way to circumvent having to go in and out of Build/Buy. Well, also to add the necessary gameplay to call it a game pack. :lol:

As for the thread's question, no, I'm not excited. I love building, renovating, and redecorating, but I'm pretty sure the career in the pack will be too limited for my enjoyment. I maaaay eventually end up getting the pack for the new stuff, but I'm still in wait-and-see mode on that.

You only see this bug if you go into BB while your sim is visiting a lot, it doesn't happen if you go to world view first, so I'm sure many people don't know it exists. I usually build from world view myself and have only seen this twice, on the two occasions I forgot to make sure a lot had an item I needed my sim to use, then forgot that this bug exists.. doh moments.
    Hopefully they've ran into this bug whilst making the pack and thus had to make sure it didn't impact the gameplay, but as I sit here with my paranormal investigator being unable to do her job because she lives on a haunted lot - which bugs out the career - I'm not confident. I'll probably wait a few days and see if the forum explodes with bug complaints before I get this one.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    For me, it really depends on how far they take it, and the build/buy options that are available to us. I'm not much into building, but if they offer new tools/options that will let me build some truly horrific housing, I'm in!
  • PlatinumblondePlatinumblonde Posts: 28 Member
    Absolutely!
    I spend most of the time building in the game, so this is right up my alley.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Is there a trailer, are there pics of it
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Excited about the furniture but looking at the gameplay in the trailer when it showed the checklist she had when meeting her clients it reminded me of the checklist you go through with clients in the Artist Freelance career so I’m iffy on just how engaging/challenging that career will be.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No as someone who loves building and build most of my lots I have very little use for this pack. I don’t want to renovate lots I have built and when I do I just go into bb mode myself. The only thing I like about the pack is the bb items which I am not prepared to pay a gamepack price for and will wait until it is on sale.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    This has me pretty hyped up.

Mixing the two sides of sims, build and play - that's a perfect concept for me. The trailer looked really amazing both in terms of the new items coming and the gameplay it seems to be adding.

I already often partly remake the interior of houses once I move sims into them or when someone leaves or joins a household or the household has a major event; altering a detail here and there. So this is just going to maximize what I already do with Sims.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Saturn830Saturn830 Posts: 54 Member
    edited May 2021
    It's not something I'll pay full price for, but I buy almost every video game on sale these days anyways.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The actual furniture looks good, so if it goes on sale for 45% off or more I will get it, probably. I will absolutely never do the actual gameplay element since I loathe building and only do it because I have to (I find 99% of builds on the gallery needs severe renos to be useable for actual players that intend to spend tens of hours in that one building).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Yes! I’m so excited for it that I finally decided to make an account on here to discuss it, haha. :D I love interior design & have always wanted a pack like this!