Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Excited About The Dream Home Decorator GP?

Are you excited about the new game pack announced today?

Feel free to share your thoughts on it, if you like.

Are You Excited About The Dream Home Decorator GP? 306 votes

Yes
49% 152 votes
No
24% 74 votes
Eh, IDK yet
26% 80 votes

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yes, it looks like it will be a lot of fun!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I haven’t been excited about a pack since Seasons and DU. Nothing else has excited me. I may like it, but it doesn’t excite me.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I'm holding judgement until the live stream, but I'm not hopeful. If what we saw today is it for this pack, my answer will be a resounding NO.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Ridiculously excited!

This actually gives me a reason to "play" in live mode.

Plus I love new "stuff" to decorate with, because when I play I'm a visual person and I like my sims houses to look nice when I'm scrolling the camera around, even tho I am a horrible builder, I do love to decorate other people's wonderful creations.

So yeah, I'm on #TeamDesign
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes I'm soo excited about this pack, even if i don't use the career all the time, the items and cas that I saw, I love
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yes, sort of :)
    That Countertop Stove really is something I need, as I am so done with color options of other stoves, fridges have much better options.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Heck yea. I have a mod for that career. Now I can have one less mod ... out of the hundreds I have!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    There's next to no gameplay and the build items look much the same as what we already have and don't really add anything new at all or interest me, so it's a no from me. I don't really see the point in buying furniture packs to be honest unless they add some really great, game changing items, and this pack doesn't in my opinion. Plus it looks like another gig based career where you get one single job every 2 sim days if you book them and I've always disliked that system so I'm probably not gonna like how this career works either
  • Charolette_MagdaCharolette_Magda Posts: 16 Member
    I'm excited about it because I love building; it is my favourite part of the game. With this pack, my sims can have a job that is about the thing I love most about the game.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I wouldn't say I'm excited. More like I welcome this addition to the Sims 4.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am waiting for the Livestream. I want to see just how likes and dislikes are managed, although I really hope these are base game. Some of the furniture is nice. I don't see myself playing the career as I am not much of a builder, and I like my houses already. I don't have lots of unplayed Sims since I rotate through all the neighborhoods. It might be fun to watch someone else play, or perhaps start a new save just for the career.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m not excited but I am reserving some judgement to see what all the elements of the pack are. However it’s not really up my alley. I like the outfit the trailer sim was wearing so that’s something 😂
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2021
    I’ll hold my judgment until the livestream. If all they are offering is 1 career (freelance most likely), with BB & no other gameplay, then it’s a stuff pack just like Moschino & Paranormal.

Like, I thought the whole point of a gamepack was meant to give lots of gameplay.
    Not just 1 career which doesn’t seem all that fleshed out compare to its other freelance counterparts.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Eh, "excited" might be too strong a word, but I am looking forward to it and planning to purchase it soon after release.

Even if I use nothing but the Build Items, it will be worth it to me. (Other people can make their own judgments on the pack's worth and plan accordingly.)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Although i'm terrible building i always loved the architect career in sims 3 and i think this one will expand on it. One of the sims in the trailer asked for a total renovation of a space, they expanded the bedroom and changed the space. This wasn't in sims 3. I also like a lot the small details like sectional sofas, the new dressers...
    Then the patch that will finally bring the new likes/dislikes system whose gameplay will prob cross other packs...

This is def not what sims 4 needs right now but i must admit i'm excited. I love these kind of careers with small build mode challenges. It's the only way i enjoy build mode.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nope!

I'm not a builder and I saw next to no gameplay.

The stuff looks cute so I'll pick it up whenever it's on sale.

But I want to be excited, since it's been so long since Paranormal, but I really don't have high hopes for the live stream.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Can't say that I am. Not saying I won't get it, but I have to see what other people think first, and make a decision from there.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited May 2021
    Idk/no
    based on trailer i am steering no but there is couple things i really need but i couldnt justify paying 20 for so maybe in big big sale

well that is unless livestream flips the whole thing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    YES! I'm no builder but I really love to download and redecorate lots. And I loved the architect career in TS3 so I'm glad to see something similar coming to TS4. Really interested in hearing more about redesigning venues.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    "Excited" is way too strong a word, but if there's good stuff to be had there—especially if they consider players who are creating eco-friendly neighborhoods and provide more Eco Footprint Green 2 options for variety—I'll probably buy the pack.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I definitely want more details. One career is kind of a minimal game pack, as has been pointed out. But after Eco Lifestyle I no longer assume I know what's in a pack after I watch the first trailer. And I would probably have fun with it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Oh, goody! They are giving us a pack about what we already do when in build/buy mode. How exciting. Yes, I have watched the trailer and read the blurb. With some of the info gathered being on things not seen since TS3, how is that supposed to work? It all has a California yuppy upper class USA feel to it. So much for EA's vaunted inclusiveness.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Very excited. I know it isn't something all players will enjoy, but I do feel like this pack has been plucked from my own personal wish-list. My play style is 50/50 building/ decorating and live mode, so to be able to combine the two suites me perfectly.

I mentioned in a different thread, but I did make a Sim who was an "interior designer" ages ago, but her career was obviously mostly in my imagination, so I may have to go find her again.

I'm also looking forward to seeing more of the build and CAS items. :smile:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    Not at all...

The only thing so far that looks promising in this pack is the possible likes and dislikes for sims. I'm completely sick of building updates.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm interested and cautiously optimistic that it could be fun to play.