Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    I don't use high chairs any more, i dont know if its fixed but last time I tried using it, it would say high chair in use when it hasnt even been used once, the only reason i like high chairs is so i can give them sippy cups.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    edited September 2022
    Has anybody else's game started placing gems and minerals on lots for no apparent reason. And not in dig spots, right out in the open. Its been happening in all my saves for a couple of weeks now. This morning when I launched the game I was in my Tartosan Sun save and Liberty and Matteo had a gift on their veranda...
    VHSM9Au.png

Even more interesting is the burn mark around it. There hasn't been a thunderstorm in Tartosa since the last time I was with them on their home lot, and that mark and that piece of jet wasn't there then either. None of my sims in this save has a telescope so that mark can't be a meteor strike. The other day when I launched the game and I was on their lot Liberty found a piece of romantium on the sidewalk in front of the house. And it's happening in other saves and on other lots. It seems to be happening when I first open the save. I mean, thank you, it's money in the bank, but what got this started? Is anybody else seeing this in their game?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    edited September 2022
    @DaniRose2143 , has there been thunderstorm? after lightning hits it often leaves those minerals behing, why the burned look :)

ETA: no storm, lol, I need glasses to read :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu That was my first thought but it's happening in every save, everytime I start. It's not a problem, just odd. Everytime I start a save I look around the lot for those items and have my sim sell it and pocket the profits.😁 It's even happening on community lots if that's the lot my sim was on when I shut down.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I play rotationally in a lot of different worlds and neighborhoods, and I do find these semi-frequently. They are the result of a lightning strike but I find them even when I wasn't playing in that world recently, so I think sometimes the game just places them there as if there had been weather that we didn't actually see. It sounds like it's happening a lot for you, though! Do you have any mods related to finding collectibles?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    @GirafHuntr I don't have any mods directly related to collectibles, but it probably is some weird conflict with another mod. In a way it's a great problem because just by starting with that sim I know they're going to add 100-150 simoleons by simply selling that item. Sometimes more sometimes less, but that's a good average.
  • Options
    laundry232000laundry232000 Posts: 13 New Member
    I have Bust the Dust, but can no longer get dust. Is there a mod that will let me have dust again? I don't have any mods at all. My game is fully updated and I have all DLC.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I'm not having this but I did a quick Google search and it seems like some people were having this problem back in 2018. I didn't find an AHQ thread for it.

The only things I know that would do that is the thunderstorm, which you said never happened, and the volcanic lot challenge.

If it were me, I'd remove my mods and then add them back in batches to see if there are any conflicts, like you said. If it's still doing it, you may want to make a post on AHQ.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    @SweetieWright_84 Thank you for finding that AHQ topic. I'll look it up after work. I've been thinking, it was still doing it while I had my mods removed. I had all of them out so I could try to locate a different conflict. As long as my sims don't get struck by lightning it's a mildly profitable bug.
  • Options
    @SweetieWright_84 Thank you for finding that AHQ topic. I'll look it up after work. I've been thinking, it was still doing it while I had my mods removed. I had all of them out so I could try to locate a different conflict. As long as my sims don't get struck by lightning it's a mildly profitable bug.

I didn't find an AHQ topic, just a Reddit thread and a thread on these forums. I probably should have been more clear, sorry about that. :)

If it's doing it with mods out and your localthumcache.package file deleted, then it's more than like a game bug. You may need to fill out a bug report on AHQ.
  • Options

I didn't find an AHQ topic, just a Reddit thread and a thread on these forums. I probably should have been more clear, sorry about that. :)

If it's doing it with mods out and your localthumcache.package file deleted, then it's more than like a game bug. You may need to fill out a bug report on AHQ.

I'll keep experimenting with it and see what happens. It isn't really a problem unless lightning really is striking my sims lots that much. I'm a super protective mama bear with my sims. I don't want to get a death notice because one of them got struck by lightning. If that isn't a problem how cool is it that the game is gifting them simoleons. After I found that huge chunk of jet on my sims veranda I started wondering if this was happening to anybody else. It's easy money, or the beginning of a really cool gift. I can't remember if gems and minerals in game can be refined and turned into jewelry. If they can I have a heck of any idea if the right gem ends up in the right place at the right time.
  • Options
    I'll keep experimenting with it and see what happens. It isn't really a problem unless lightning really is striking my sims lots that much. I'm a super protective mama bear with my sims. I don't want to get a death notice because one of them got struck by lightning. If that isn't a problem how cool is it that the game is gifting them simoleons. After I found that huge chunk of jet on my sims veranda I started wondering if this was happening to anybody else. It's easy money, or the beginning of a really cool gift. I can't remember if gems and minerals in game can be refined and turned into jewelry. If they can I have a heck of any idea if the right gem ends up in the right place at the right time.

You can send them off and get a cut gem but you can't make them into jewelry. They're basically paperweights at that point...minus the paper. If I'm not mistaken, you can also use them in the helmet from Get Famous but I'm not really sure on that one. I've never used the helmet.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Could there have been a thunderstorm while you were playing on another lot in the same neighborhood?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Happy 8th anniversary to The Sims 4!
    db0Tlm1.png

Thanks for 8 years of enjoyable entertainment. <3
  • Options
    @SweetieWright_84 I didn't think so, but I wasn't sure. And the piece of jet I found the other day can be refined and used in the Celestial Crystal Crown. It's supposed to boost needs except for energy and increase want satisfaction points gains according to the blurb that popped up when I moused over it. I'm like you, I've never used it either.

@mightysprite I don't think so. I haven't had many thunderstorms lately, at least while I've been active in a world. And it only happens on the lot I'm on when I first enter the game. After that it doesn't happen again until after I exit and come back. Maybe it's another one of those quirks my game throws at me. All my sims have had to do was pick them up, sell them, and pocket the profits.🙂 The way I'm looking at it now is, its easy money so long as no one gets zapped.😆
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I want to put together a temporary camping clothing using that Thrift store system, but it seems like the clothing I need never shows up.
    I guess it's time for good ol' making an additional outfit for one situation and then deleting it.

Also why does Thrift stores never sell socks? Like I wanna put socks on the outfits!

And finally: why can't NPC high school teachers wear their everyday clothing in their job? I designed it so carefully too. :(
  • Options
    @EgonVM wrote: »
    I want to put together a temporary camping clothing using that Thrift store system, but it seems like the clothing I need never shows up.
    I guess it's time for good ol' making an additional outfit for one situation and then deleting it.

Also why does Thrift stores never sell socks? Like I wanna put socks on the outfits!

And finally: why can't NPC high school teachers wear their everyday clothing in their job? I designed it so carefully too. :(

If you're not on console and use mods, there is a mod for that. If you're interested, you can find it here.

I'm pretty sure you can. They're in the accessories section.

And finally: why can't NPC high school teachers wear their everyday clothing in their job? I designed it so carefully too.
    I wish they could too. :)
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    This goes out to anyone who has a Steam Deck, how does TS4 run on the Deck? Wanted to play it on the go, just unsure how well it'll perform. Especially with more of the expansions running and a couple mods.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    Hi. Newbie here and I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times but are the forum bookmarks not working, or is it just mine that doesn't work? Thank you.
  • Options
    Mine are fine. What is not working about yours @ElleMonAmour ?

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Mine are fine. What is not working about yours @ElleMonAmour ?

EDIT: mightysprite, OMG! I'm as crazy as the avatar I use in the other thread, which you've come to know.
    I wasn't using the bookmarks correctly. I've been stressing over this for two weeks! lol
    Thanks again.

Post edited by ElleLaAmour on
  • Options
    No worries @ElleMonAmour some things are indeed glitched around here so no one would blame you for drawing that conclusion :)
  • Options
    Here's another question: Does anyone know of a thread for posting pics of your builds along with questions and answers regarding building?
    I know there are some challenges and contest but I'm not looking for competition... just a general, all things build related thread.
    If so, would you please direct me or post a link? Thank you.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited September 2022
    @ElleMonAmour I think the Sims 4 Lots section has a lot of showcase type threads, but maybe not a specific show and help thread. I don’t build, but I could see how that would be beneficial. You could start one. I don’t think anyone would mind.

In general, I think the Creative section needs some work. The challenges and competition threads seem to flood out the creative sharing threads, especially if you’re not updating every day. I’d like to see separate subforums for challenges and competitions to allow other creative efforts room to breathe and find participants.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited September 2022
    @ElleMonAmour you may want to check the Sims 4 Lots section. If nothing appropriate you can start your own thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-gallery
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top