Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• ElleLaAmourElleLaAmour Posts: 360 Member
    edited September 2022
    Thank you cyncie and simgirl. I'll definitely check out your suggestions.

EDIT: I just bookmarked a couple threads in the lot section and they're perfect for me. Thank you so much!

Post edited by ElleLaAmour on
    Am I the only one who doesn't get how to do challenges? 😶 I start them but I've literally no idea how to do them. Is there an easy one to start with?

No, you're not the only one. I haven't attempted one yet because even the word "challenge" scares me. lol

Could you guys help me with one more thing? Is there a thread you know of where people post edited pictures, (like photoshop or other editing software) using the Sims as a base for their pictures?

I know there are threads devoted to game screenshots, but how about edited pictures, of any kind, based on the Sims?
    I just want to make sure one doesn't already exist before I start a new thread.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, although they could be edited any way you chose.

umGSUby.png
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited September 2022
    Am I the only one who doesn't get how to do challenges? 😶 I start them but I've literally no idea how to do them. Is there an easy one to start with?

Have you tried some that have different sets of goals for each generation? Those kind of give you a better road map of what to do.

As for an easy one to start with, the Pointers-An Easy Legacy may be one to start with. I haven't tried it but it says it's an easy one.

Here's the link to it if you're interested:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/939170/pointers-an-easy-legacy-challenge/p1
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member

No, you're not the only one. I haven't attempted one yet because even the word "challenge" scares me. lol

Could you guys help me with one more thing? Is there a thread you know of where people post edited pictures, (like photoshop or other editing software) using the Sims as a base for their pictures?

I know there are threads devoted to game screenshots, but how about edited pictures, of any kind, based on the Sims?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, although they could be edited any way you chose.

umGSUby.png

I don't think we have such a thread and I truly believe you are the person to start one.

edited September 2022

umGSUby.png

I don't think we have such a thread and I truly believe you are the person to start one.

Thank you so much mightysprite, that's very kind of you. In that case, if I can figure out how to start a new thread, I'll do it. If enough people show an interest, we might be able to take requests for avatar pics and things like that as well.
    Also, if I figure out how to start the thread, I'll come back and edit this post to place a link, if that's okay?

Here's the link: It's located in the "Creative Corner" "The Sims 4 Artists & Video Haven"
    It's called "Share your edited screenshots (Photoshop-Gimp-Paint.net-MS Paint-etc.)"
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003675/share-your-edited-screenshots-photoshop-gimp-paint-net-ms-paint-etc#latest
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

umGSUby.png

Thank you so much mightysprite, that's very kind of you. In that case, if I can figure out how to start a new thread, I'll do it. If enough people show an interest, we might be able to take requests for avatar pics and things like that as well.
    Also, if I figure out how to start the thread, I'll come back and edit this post to place a link, if that's okay?

Go to the area of the forum you'd like to begin a thread in, and then click on the blue button top right 'NEW DISCUSSION'. Give your thread a title and away you go :)

umGSUby.png

Go to the area of the forum you'd like to begin a thread in, and then click on the blue button top right 'NEW DISCUSSION'. Give your thread a title and away you go :)

Thank you very much loubyloulou. I've looked around and from what I can tell, The Sims 4 Artists & Video Haven might be the best place for my new thread. I'm just not completely sure what "Child Categories" mean. The Artists & Video Haven seems to fall under that category.
    It probably just means that the threads are open to children as well as adults, but I thought the whole forum was open to children.

Is there anything I should be aware of regarding that? Thanks everybody
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    Child category just means a sub-category, not anything to do with children
    edited September 2022
    Thank you again mightysprite. I'd never heard the term child category. lol

Here's a link to the new thread. It's called "Share your edited screenshots (Photoshop-Gimp-Paint.net-MS Paint-etc.)"
    It's located in the "Creative Corner" - "The Sims 4 Artists & Video Haven".

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003675/share-your-edited-screenshots-photoshop-gimp-paint-net-ms-paint-etc/p1?new=1

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Are any of the default townies important?

I left aging on and most of the sims from the pack trailers, like the principals daughter and the kids from strangerville are old now.

Will it hurt anything if they are old/dead when I get around to taking my sims through their content?

Like let’s say every household default in sulani is dead and I start to play island living - it will be just the same experience with new townies/my sims?
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Are any of the default townies important?

I left aging on and most of the sims from the pack trailers, like the principals daughter and the kids from strangerville are old now.

Will it hurt anything if they are old/dead when I get around to taking my sims through their content?

Like let’s say every household default in sulani is dead and I start to play island living - it will be just the same experience with new townies/my sims?

Any sim that served an NPC function in the game will be replaced by the game with another NPC sim. So, for example, if the principal of the school dies, the game will just generate another principal to take their place. All other townies are completely expendable and won’t make any difference to the game if they’re gone.
    edited September 2022
    Does anyone know of a way to add cc poses to CAS? I know CAS has poses through traits and such, but I'd like to use my cc poses in CAS as well. I use the "full edit mode" cheat in CAS to change the traits for screen captured poses, but I've never heard of a cheat or other way to add cc poses to CAS.

The reason I want to add cc poses to CAS is because the lighting in CAS is so much better than it is in live or build mode. No matter how many lights I use, or don't use in the game, the images are always washed out or too dark, but CAS lighting is always perfect for screenshots.

Any ideas? Thank you.

• Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    By any chance are fires neutured on public lots?

Just been trying to kill a random townie with infernate, and usually while the fire appears the towny will walk off the tile I casted infernate on like nothing was ever there.
    L9q8VGi.png
    Hi. I'm trying to make an open closet door which I have done before, but this time I have a problem.
    Whenever I delete the diagonal wall holding the closet door, it's deleting the door as well. In fact, it's like that all over the house. Deleting a section of wall is deleting any door frame, door, window... anything that's touching the wall.

I know you can delete a section of wall without deleting a door or doorframe because I've done it before. That's how you make the open closet doors.
    What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? Thanks.
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Hi. I'm trying to make an open closet door which I have done before, but this time I have a problem.
    Whenever I delete the diagonal wall holding the closet door, it's deleting the door as well. In fact, it's like that all over the house. Deleting a section of wall is deleting any door frame, door, window... anything that's touching the wall.

I know you can delete a section of wall without deleting a door or doorframe because I've done it before. That's how you make the open closet doors.

I went into an empty lot, are you using bb.moveobjects?
    I kinda got one doing that, i'm not a "builder" at all but i thought i saw a tiktok of someone doing something like that. I took a screenshot of the quick thing i made but idk how (or if i even can) post the screen shot

Anyone know if cats aging is kinda messed up? I played my game and before i got off it last time I turned aging back on and so far one of my cats just went from kitten to elder. I have mods but i haven't played with pets for a while now, its just really weird.
    I also dont know if going off the lot caused it, my game was paused when i started.
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »

I went into an empty lot, are you using bb.moveobjects?
    I kinda got one doing that, i'm not a "builder" at all but i thought i saw a tiktok of someone doing something like that. I took a screenshot of the quick thing i made but idk how (or if i even can) post the screen shot

Thank you ZoomerGirl. I hadn't used bb.move at that point because I hadn't needed it yet, but once I did use it, everything was fine. I watched another youtube video a little while ago where someone made open door in a slightly different way. I tried that and it worked better than the old way I had been doing it.
    That bb. move cheat seemed to trigger a change though. Once I used that, I could delete walls without deleting the doors. I think it's a little glitchy sometimes.

Thank you again!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'll start. :p Just downloaded the update and when I loaded the game I got the message that some items were missing. I'd forgotten to enable my custom content. I have cc shelving that I use to store all my Outdoor Retreat potions, Realm of Magic potions, all of my Eco Lifestyle collectibles and fabrication materials. Beeswax from my bee boxes. All gone. :/

This happens on Consoles too which have no cc or mods. Happened on my PS5 after downloading High School Years.
    I don't know what I would do without this thread. My question... is there a way to turn off all the menus and other game gizmos before taking a screenshot?
    I have a cheat for removing the plumbob, but not for all the other stuff.

I just downloaded Gshade last night and unlike the sims screencaps, Gshade doesn't turn all that stuff off. Is there a cheat for this maybe?
    Thanks.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited October 2022
    I don't know what I would do without this thread. My question... is there a way to turn off all the menus and other game gizmos before taking a screenshot?

I just downloaded Gshade last night and unlike the sims screencaps, Gshade doesn't turn all that stuff off. Is there a cheat for this maybe?
    Thanks.

It's in the game settings, under the Screen Capture Tab. For videos and pictures, there is a little checkbox that says "Capture UI." If you uncheck that you won't see all the menu stuff.

ETA: If you meant making it disappear before you actually take the screenshot, click the TAB key to go into full camera mode.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    edited October 2022
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

Thanks.

It's in the game settings, under the Screen Capture Tab. For videos and pictures, there is a little checkbox that says "Capture UI." If you uncheck that you won't see all the menu stuff.

ETA: If you meant making it disappear before you actually take the screenshot, click the TAB key to go into full camera mode.

That was an awesome reply! Thank you so much. I didn't know what Capture UI meant. I knew about the TAB key but hadn't thought of that for clearing the gizmos. Perfect!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    In the age settings you can choose to disable age up of unplayed sims. Does this count the sims that are in ‘my households’ to be protected from culling if they aren’t actively played? They have a light green diamond, not a dark one.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    In the age settings you can choose to disable age up of unplayed sims. Does this count the sims that are in ‘my households’ to be protected from culling if they aren’t actively played? They have a light green diamond, not a dark one.

It does not count those ones, played means the actively played ones that have the dark green diamond. You can keep them as "played" Sims by loading the household once and just never actually play with them. However, I do believe that the Sims in "my households" are protected from culling which is a separate thing from aging up. I can't remember for sure because I turned off culling so long ago with mods.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3

I didnt know the answer to that, kinda assumed they were just like all the npc households buut i just did a new game on fast, short life, had my sim be a young adult, speed the game up until she eventually died of old age, looked into the households i made when i started and they were exactly the same.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top