Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Can sims only get bit by spiders if they go to Selvadorado?
    I play rotational and I had a sim get bit that I didn't take to the Jungle.

It did make for a fun little storyline. I was already planning for Morgan and Siobhan Fyres to celebrate Siobhan's graduation on vacay in Sulani. Morgan is literally always sick in this save so that wasn't going to stop the vacay(I typically don't give meds immediately any way). Initially I didn't look at the buff because I thought it was the regular sickness she always gets. I thought I would go with the story, get some screenshots of her sick, wearing black sweats trying to nap in the sun, moping around the rental while her sis was having fun. Then after that was done I wanted her to have at least one fun day in Sulani so I bought medicine through the phone. Saw she wasn't getting better, over medicated now, and it was actually a spider bite buff. We had no computer and I couldn't end the vacay fast enough and get home to save her life. Luckily Siobhan was able to plead for her life! My sims rarely succeed at this. It gave me a fun little panic, with no access to a computer, frantically clicking to see if Siobhan has high charisma to save Morgan's life because the reaper was coming. Fun times.

I didn't know that you could die from a spider bite! I thought it was just the poison in the jungle... is it the same remedy?

Check the lot traits at the location where she got bitten, I think the "creepy crawlies" lot challenge could have something to do with it.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I didn't know sims could die from bites either @GirafHuntr. I frequently use the creepy crawlies lot trait so she could've been bit that way (didn't know that was thing but B). Now I'm wondering what's the remedy for the bite if the Jungle remedy I was thinking she needed isn't correct.
  • Options
    BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    > @Justin said:
    > Why can my mermaid sleep but not eat in the water? Or use the restroom for that matter? Lol that would be hilarious honestly

I just noticed this yesterday! My mermaid had to stop swimming around and go use the toilet. I would think they would just go in the ocean.
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Does anyone know off the top of their head how many bedrooms the lots of Glimmerbrook are?
  • Options
    and Britechester?
    And maybe if theres any other lots that arent labeled with bedrooms
  • Options
    Have looks and lores began updating already? I recently started a new save and the Goth’s look COMPLETELY different. Bella, and the children have a much warmer skin tone. Mortimer doesn’t look as old. Bella’s dress has changed.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    BoyMom22 wrote: »
    Have looks and lores began updating already? I recently started a new save and the Goth’s look COMPLETELY different. Bella, and the children have a much warmer skin tone. Mortimer doesn’t look as old. Bella’s dress has changed.

@BoyMom22 back in May.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/999873/opinions-on-goth-makeover/p1

Just the looks for the Goths. No lore updates yet.
  • Options
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > @BoyMom22 back in May.
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/999873/opinions-on-goth-makeover/p1
    >
    > Just the looks for the Goths. No lore updates yet.

I missed that! Thank you!
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    So Lou Howell decided to randomly die. I was going to hook Amerie up with him. What the heck, Sims 4?

ZHnPKSC.png

Just saw him like him like an hour ago. Well at least the Wildfangs have a spot open for Amerie. XD
  • Options
    Lol i'm not to sure how I like that pretty much all NPCs just die now, though I believe theres a way to shut it off? Havent really looked into it.
    I had a game where I was gonna put sims together that had stuff in common buuuuut by the time I leveled up the sim I made in her career, pretty much every one I had in mind died somehow.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    edited June 2022
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    Lol i'm not to sure how I like that pretty much all NPCs just die now, though I believe theres a way to shut it off? Havent really looked into it.
    I had a game where I was gonna put sims together that had stuff in common buuuuut by the time I leveled up the sim I made in her career, pretty much every one I had in mind died somehow.

If you’re having that due to Neighborhood Stories, it should have been off by default for your households, and on for “others”. But, you can enable it or disable it for your game, or for any individual household. You can also use custom settings and disable death, customize babies, moves, jobs, pet adoptions, etc. Any household I play or I want to keep unchanged for story purposes gets Neighborhood Stories disabled. Townies and Premades I don’t use get some customization based on what I want in my world (no more babies. Nope). Randoms are on for the full treatment. Controls are in the household manager.
  • Options
    SimplySebastienSimplySebastien Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi, I am transferring a personal save I am working on to another save. I am wondering what timeline I should put my save on. Should it be at the time of Sims 3 Sunset Valley? Sims 1? Between Sims 1 and Sims 2? Or the Sims 4 alternate timeline? I don’t want it to be after the Sims 2. I just would like to know what would be best for my save. And what would be best for my Pleasantview and Strangetown Sims, as well as the Landgraabs, Goths and Calientes.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2022
    Even now I still accidentally call My Wedding Stories "My First Wedding Stories" 😂
  • Options
    Sometimes, some sims, just some sims and just sometimes, I want Resting B Face, like yeah theyre all happy but can you tell? Fudge brownie no you cant.
  • Options
    Hi, I am transferring a personal save I am working on to another save. I am wondering what timeline I should put my save on. Should it be at the time of Sims 3 Sunset Valley? Sims 1? Between Sims 1 and Sims 2? Or the Sims 4 alternate timeline? I don’t want it to be after the Sims 2. I just would like to know what would be best for my save. And what would be best for my Pleasantview and Strangetown Sims, as well as the Landgraabs, Goths and Calientes.

@SimplySebastien curious about what you decided for your save?
  • Options
    I am working on a personal sims 4 save. But the thing is I want willow creek to resemble Pleasantview from TS2 (such as having all the families). But I don’t want Dina to date Mortimer, and I don’t want Cassandra and Don to be engaged. Also I want Bella with her family. I was planning on having the Caliente’s live in oasis springs and Don across the street from them. I was also thinking on having them have a connection to the roomies household since J Huntington lll is a ladies man. But I am not sure. And how should the Goths story be? Should Mortimer stay an elder or be younger? Should Cassandra be a young adult or a teen? And should Alexander be a child? I just need ideas on how this could work out for the best. It is ok if it is a little on an alternate timeline since my Landgraabs are the sims 4 ones just with Nancy, Geoffrey, & Malcolm having personalities from TS3.
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I just recently started a small head canon thing where my favorite sims 4 sim has a portal mishap arriving in Pleasantview on a "dark and stormy night..."

Basically, she appears at the Goth doorstep the same night Bella disappears and effectively kills the Dina with Mort thing the following day. Not really being said is how she basically enthralled Mortimer considering she was exhausted from the trek down from the Bridge Hill and needed to Feed. Yeah, just my little start at a S2 and S4 story...

One of my issues with recreating sims from S4 in either S3 or S2 is the range of approximation you have to allow for as faces hardly get narrow enough in S3 to do S4 faces justice. S2, one can usually poke with alien genetics for some things but otherwise... Yeah.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Did anyone else know that werewolves can eat/devour specters from Paranormal stuff?

My son likes to play with new occult packs when they release. It's really the only time he even cares about the game. Since I bought Werewolves, he's completely leveled up his werewolf sim.

He had his sim, Jake, go to Forgotten Hollow, where all of my houses are Haunted Residential lots. After devouring all of the furniture in all of the houses, the specters showed up. He had his sim devour them. It filled his hunger bar like it does with furniture. I was kind of surprised werewolves could do that. It's a nice little cross-pack detail.

My son, not an avid simmer, officially knows more about werewolves than I do. :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    So I am not the best at making households with lore. So can I have a list of a few sims 4 household ideas. This can include any age, any gender even they/them, any lgbtq, and any culture. Plus they may also have a pet or pets. (And I have every sims 4 pack, and I will be getting high school years when it is released). Plus I also want to know what lore they could have to other townies. And a world for them to live in and maybe even ideas for there family tree or something. Occults are fine just I would prefer regular sims.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    So I am not the best at making households with lore. So can I have a list of a few sims 4 household ideas. This can include any age, any gender even they/them, any lgbtq, and any culture. Plus they may also have a pet or pets. (And I have every sims 4 pack, and I will be getting high school years when it is released). Plus I also want to know what lore they could have to other townies. And a world for them to live in and maybe even ideas for there family tree or something. Occults are fine just I would prefer regular sims.

A pair of adult siblings, one brother and one sister, who are distant cousins of the Goths and resemble them physically, but lost access to the family fortune. The Goths don't even know they exist so they are moving into town to try and get to know the Goths and work their way back into the money.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    I had noticed that my Sims are always cold when they are in their house. I didn't know why and they always walked around with their cold weather outfits on indoors, which I wasn't a fan of. A few days ago, I was playing and noticed there is a thermostat that can heat the house up in the winter. I had just discovered that after playing this game for 3 years. Gives them a nice happy moodlet as well. Unfortunately it does raise their bill.
  • Options
    amysim113amysim113 Posts: 4 New Member
    How often are you guys looking up things on wikis or fanpages? I tried to garden a lot and I found that I was looking things up a surprising amount to get the plants I wanted.
  • Options
    amysim113 wrote: »
    How often are you guys looking up things on wikis or fanpages? I tried to garden a lot and I found that I was looking things up a surprising amount to get the plants I wanted.

I always check Carl's Guide for info.
  • Options
    VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    idk if this is the correct place...But... does anyone else have this food problem with the wolf pack? I deleted many dishes, but if I don't, this happens... O.O
    someone? Any idea, suggestion or solution? TT_TT
    ced2439b7b352ecc663e0ec5d37b0bc7.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    And here's another one, about dates.

I know that if my Sim asks another Sim for a date, I get a list of objectives to achieve in order to make the date a success.

Suppose another Sim asks mine out. Will they behave as if they have an objective list of their own--socializing with my Sim a certain number of times, using certain romantic interactions--or will my Sim need to take the lead in order to ensure a successful, fun date? Since the other Sim initiated the activity, I feel like playing it cool and getting a feel for what they have in mind, rather than queuing up a bunch of interactions like I might if my Sim had planned the date.

Since this has already happened in my game in the past, my Sim either accepts the date request or not. If they accept, I've discovered it's just a timer, no goals to complete. Sometimes, my Sim arrives and the Sim who invited them out is there, but not for long. It's totally weird and so not worth my time. I do hope this aspect has been more fleshed out, if they're offering it anew.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top