Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @xXpandoraXx, renovate all the apartments in the building so that they have nothing in them which pushes them toward industrial, and use as much green stuff as you can. That means look at all the furniture, upgrade all the appliances to be green, check lighting, walls, floors...literally everything in the apartment.
    Even some wallpaper and flooring has a green/industrial rating, so you'd want to make sure you have no industrial and switch it to green if it's neutral even.

And, a big help, is to pass NAPs which push lots toward green. That means passing Green Initiatives at the very least, that one is a big help. Also assign the lot trait "Eco Lot" to the apartment.

If you do all of the above, the apartments will turn to a green footprint, and it really doesn't take all that long if you have the NAP and lot trait in place. iirc, it took less than 2 sim weeks for me, and I use a mod that slows down the rate at which eco footprints change.

If you want to accomplish it even faster and are willing to be cheesy, you can put wind turbines, solar panels and or dew collectors inside the apartments...use the [ key to shrink them really small and moo to stack them on top of each other even. Though, at that point, imo...you may as well just cheat it to green. :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    A couple of my sims have the interaction *invest in "legal" money making scheme* but I'm sure what I did to get it. How do sims get this option?
  • Options
    SarahMGSarahMG Posts: 1 New Member
    So I'm trying to work through the 'Inspirational Mentor' scenario. I have a sim who is level 10 in painting, and a teen she has adopted as a care dependent living in the house. The teen starts painting, the adult sim starts mentoring, no problem - but it never completes a step towards "A Sim Mentors a Teenager in skill 5 times", no matter how many times she mentors the teen. The teen is now level 4 in painting, only from being mentored. I don't suppose anyone has any tips for getting the scenario to recognise that a teen is being mentored? I'd be very grateful to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    A couple of my sims have the interaction *invest in "legal" money making scheme* but I'm sure what I did to get it. How do sims get this option?

I think that’s just part of Eco Lifestyle’s gameplay, isn’t it? You get random calls from Bess Sterling about “investment” opportunities.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Should ny loner sim adopt a kid?
    Totally random question 😂 I can’t decide.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    cyncie wrote: »

I think that’s just part of Eco Lifestyle’s gameplay, isn’t it? You get random calls from Bess Sterling about “investment” opportunities.

That's what I thought but this isn't a call. It's on the pie menu when I click Sims. I can ask them to invest 10, 100 or 1000.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Do you guys... you ever go to sleep and start to wonder what your sims are doing? Probably playing too much. :D
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Do you guys... you ever go to sleep and start to wonder what your sims are doing? Probably playing too much. :D

Lol if I haven't played for a couple days or so I dream of playing
  • Options
    Should ny loner sim adopt a kid?
    Totally random question 😂 I can’t decide.

Adopt as many as you can lol
  • Options
    xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    @ Stormkeep. Thank you so much for the ideas! I'll give it a go!
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »

I rarely think about what they're doing but I do use those few moments before falling asleep to sometimes make plans for what I'll be doing when I play next.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I asked my husband if he could guess what this community lot is supposed to be and he failed. :disappointed: I'm wondering if it's not that obvious after all?

NRNoLBc.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Wellness center/spa? or pool is my guess, kinda thought cafe (cuz the tables outside) but inside looks like water.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I asked my husband if he could guess what this community lot is supposed to be and he failed. :disappointed: I'm wondering if it's not that obvious after all?

NRNoLBc.png

Ice cream shop?!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    If i add a ghost to a household and then move the ghost to the my households menu, will they still be culled by the game if not played??
  • Options
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    Wellness center/spa? or pool is my guess, kinda thought cafe (cuz the tables outside) but inside looks like water.
    Ice cream/doughnut restaurant. The bright color in the window is from the front counter.
    pUPAmh0.png

@GirafHuntr yay you guessed it! :smiley:
  • Options
    Lol I see that now, im so bad at guessing lots, most of em look like residential to me lol
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    Ice cream/doughnut restaurant. The bright color in the window is from the front counter.
    pUPAmh0.png

@GirafHuntr yay you guessed it! :smiley:

I definitely thought you captured that look!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    @ZoomerGirl The screenshot I took was poorly taken in build mode so it's kinda tiny. It would be more obvious if you could see the small dancing ice cream cone signs over the windows. :D
    @GirafHuntr Thank you! I did use a shell meant for a bakery so the bones were already there.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    edited May 2022
    Is there a way I can tell how someones died? Just looked at my relationship pannel and spotted a guy who's now ghostly green, assuming it isn't like the Sims 3 I can't just go up and see his grave at a maloseum to know.
    I can at least scratch aging being the cause off, since I play with that off entirely.

I'm not friends with him either and barely interacted with him, so the curiosity to find out just how he died is a little stronger

...Wait, checked my panel later on and he's... Alive again?
    Post edited by Sorak4 on
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    Why the developers decided to open the game with CAS instead of map mode like previous games?
  • Options
    Hold on, I just saw Cassandra Goth in game, now I suddenly notice a weird timeline hole.

Both of the Pleasant Twins in the Sims 2 start as teens. In the Sims 4's Britechester they appear again, they're young adults. Cassandra in Willow Creek is a teen. In the Sims 2 she started as an adult.

Has Mortimer been giving out Elixirs of Life again?
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Hold on, I just saw Cassandra Goth in game, now I suddenly notice a weird timeline hole.

Both of the Pleasant Twins in the Sims 2 start as teens. In the Sims 4's Britechester they appear again, they're young adults. Cassandra in Willow Creek is a teen. In the Sims 2 she started as an adult.

Has Mortimer been giving out Elixirs of Life again?

Sims 4 is supposed to be an "alternate timeline," they have said that it's not chronological or in alignment with the other lores.
  • Options
    I really wish that if I would gift a npc sim one of the reward potions theyd use it.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    So is there something that affects how playable households (both unplayed and played) actively spawn in for roles? While it's amusing seeing a overly "dude bro athletics" parody Sim of mine spawn as a gym instructor, I'd like to see more random NPCs fill other roles like merchants rather than having my played Sims spawn in unfitting roles. It's amusing seeing Tommy Vercetti selling "ice-cream" at festivals, but at the same time I almost never see him any other time and want to remove the chance he fills roles because of this.

So in short, is there something like The Sims 3 Nraas register that allows me to choose specific whos for each service or just limit it to unplayed households?
    L9q8VGi.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top