Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    I kinda wish we could have our sims have separate money. Like one sim has a part time job so they dont make as money as the sim whose a doctor and the child sims can find or get allowances (dont know how though since now they apparently cant clean much)
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    I kinda wish we could have our sims have separate money. Like one sim has a part time job so they dont make as money as the sim whose a doctor and the child sims can find or get allowances (dont know how though since now they apparently cant clean much)

If you use mods, Sims National Bank mod allows each Sim to have their own account. You can set it so that their pay direct deposits, and you can use it to transfer money between Sims.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    So is there something that affects how playable households (both unplayed and played) actively spawn in for roles? While it's amusing seeing a overly "dude bro athletics" parody Sim of mine spawn as a gym instructor, I'd like to see more random NPCs fill other roles like merchants rather than having my played Sims spawn in unfitting roles. It's amusing seeing Tommy Vercetti selling "ice-cream" at festivals, but at the same time I almost never see him any other time and want to remove the chance he fills roles because of this.

So in short, is there something like The Sims 3 Nraas register that allows me to choose specific whos for each service or just limit it to unplayed households?

Zero has a "No Random" mod and an "Assign NPC Roles" mod that can go with it. I haven't fully figured out how to use them but I did for example have success appointing my own mail carrier from a townie family. Watched her grow up from infanthood and when she aged up to YA I gave her the career as the mail carrier, it's pretty fun to see her around.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I want more likes and dislikes. I think they missed the last new radio station, Carnival beats. Is reading still not on there?
    Does anyone know of any really good 9+ bedroom builds?
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited May 2022
    Awesome thank you, I l usually end up playing with 8 sims (even if it wasnt my original plan) but I can't build worth anything lol, also kinda hard to find any in the gallery.
    When I have more time ima look up your other stuff but I added those :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 love your Victorian Garden Estate. I'm always looking for ways to fill my larger lots and this is perfect. My Willow Creek is full though so I'll have to find somewhere else for it.
    SweetieWright_84 love your Victorian Garden Estate. I'm always looking for ways to fill my larger lots and this is perfect. My Willow Creek is full though so I'll have to find somewhere else for it.

Thank you. Enjoy! :)
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    OMG I had the worst scare this morning. Booted up my laptop and got a message your computer did not shut down properly. Did I think about all my pics and other important documents? NO! My first thought was I hope my Sims 4 folder is ok. :p

Anyway I selected restart vs repair and it seems to be okay. I just copied the folder to my external hard drive. I was in the habit of doing it regularly since I only have one save but for some reason hadn't done it in a while.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I just have to say I love that dogs in this game get the zoomiez. :D My Sim’s dog, Reggie was having lots of them when it snowed outside, very realistic since my dog irl gets frisky in the snow. :D
    I finally got around to playing one of the scenarios. I just did the Frog Fanatic. I finished it a few real life hours but I kind of enjoyed collecting the frogs. After I finished the scenario, I continued playing until I completed the collection. I plan on working my way through all of them eventually.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    edited May 2022
    Those creepy can I give your number to a stranger calls are even creepier. Now it's not just random creeps, it's unscrupulous random creeps. A bit redundant, but the creeps aren't even trying to hide, they're advertising.
    Anyone know of a mod that lets you buy the cricket flour and etcetera? I hate having the crickets and such cuz it seems like you literally have to keep messing with them
    @ZoomerGirl you can check Ravasheen's Llamazon Marketplace mod.

https://ravasheen.com/download/llamazon-marketplace/
    Will do, Thank You. :D
    @ZoomerGirl

I couldn't find it in the Llamazon mod but it is in the Retail Therapy mod.

y7wGMxw.png
    So did they stop letting kids help clean? The only thing i've been seeing the kids do is the dishes.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    If Mayor Whiskers gets adopted and moves to Newcrest, does he have to vacate his office? I mean, the people in Brindleton elected a cat in the first place, so surely they won’t be too fussy about technicalities.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    If Mayor Whiskers gets adopted and moves to Newcrest, does he have to vacate his office? I mean, the people in Brindleton elected a cat in the first place, so surely they won’t be too fussy about technicalities.

Pretty sure he's the Mayor of Everything (I mean, he IS a cat, after all), so the Brindleton folks wouldn't have grounds to complain. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited May 2022
    @ZoomerGirl and @spend4zen

I have that problem too when moving sometimes. The easiest way around it is to save the house ( leaving the furniture that you want to be left there ), and then uploading it to you Library. Then you can take anything out you want and put it in the household inventory. After you move just replace the lot with the lot you uploaded to the library, then if you want you can delete it from the library.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • SimplySebastienSimplySebastien Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi, this is my first post. So I have a Sims 4 save where I am redoing everything for me personally. I have basically turned Willow Creek and Strangerville into my version of Pleasantview and Strangetown from TS2. I want Bella Goth to be with her family (Bella as an adult, Mortimer as an Elder). But I need help deciding on what to do with the Caliente sisters and Don Lothario. Dina can’t date Mortimer, since Bella is back. And I am a little shaky having Cassandra engaged to Don. I do want Cassandra to end up with Darren Dreamer in the future. Just give me ideas on whether Don should be with Cassandra. And what to do with the Caliente Sisters as well. And how I should lay this storyline out. And lastly where should Don and the Calientes live since I currently have them in Willow Creek.
    Hi, this is my first post. So I have a Sims 4 save where I am redoing everything for me personally. I have basically turned Willow Creek and Strangerville into my version of Pleasantview and Strangetown from TS2. I want Bella Goth to be with her family (Bella as an adult, Mortimer as an Elder). But I need help deciding on what to do with the Caliente sisters and Don Lothario. Dina can’t date Mortimer, since Bella is back. And I am a little shaky having Cassandra engaged to Don. I do want Cassandra to end up with Darren Dreamer in the future. Just give me ideas on whether Don should be with Cassandra. And what to do with the Caliente Sisters as well. And how I should lay this storyline out. And lastly where should Don and the Calientes live since I currently have them in Willow Creek.

Maybe Cassandra is on a personal journey of learning to value herself. She starts out meek and sort of fawning over Don, but as she matures and realizes her own strength she dumps him for someone more her equal.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Lothario and the Caliente sisters lived in a desert area within Pleasantview. The towns in Sims 4 are much smaller than Pleasantview, so maybe use Oasis Springs as the desert area within Pleasantview? When I played Sims 2 I usually had Cassandra end up with Darren Dreamer as they were already friends and he had a crush on her. I had her catch Don with the maid, fight and then break off the engagement. Darren was there to provide her comfort and their relationship lead to marriage. The ghost of his wife wasn't too happen when Cassandra moved in with Darren though and was constantly scaring her! I let Don continue to pursue romance, and Nina as well, sometimes with each other. I had made a sim partner for Dina who was a businessman and had money, as fortune was her goal. My Mortimer met the grandmother in the Ottomas family and they clicked, so he ended up marrying her. My daughter kept Don with Cassandra and put a stop to his philandering ways and had Mortimer marry Dina. There is no right or wrong way to play. If I am not sure how a want to play a sim or sim family in my game, I will start them up in the game and decide as I go along which direction they take. Hope you enjoy your game whatever you choose to do!
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Can sims only get bit by spiders if they go to Selvadorado?
    I play rotational and I had a sim get bit that I didn't take to the Jungle.

It did make for a fun little storyline. I was already planning for Morgan and Siobhan Fyres to celebrate Siobhan's graduation on vacay in Sulani. Morgan is literally always sick in this save so that wasn't going to stop the vacay(I typically don't give meds immediately any way). Initially I didn't look at the buff because I thought it was the regular sickness she always gets. I thought I would go with the story, get some screenshots of her sick, wearing black sweats trying to nap in the sun, moping around the rental while her sis was having fun. Then after that was done I wanted her to have at least one fun day in Sulani so I bought medicine through the phone. Saw she wasn't getting better, over medicated now, and it was actually a spider bite buff. We had no computer and I couldn't end the vacay fast enough and get home to save her life. Luckily Siobhan was able to plead for her life! My sims rarely succeed at this. It gave me a fun little panic, with no access to a computer, frantically clicking to see if Siobhan has high charisma to save Morgan's life because the reaper was coming. Fun times.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top