Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Lol you guys. Does it matter rather it's an expansion pack or game pack? The fact is that we all know SOME kind of pack is coming soon. 🤭

This is where I am at. I think bunk beds are a sign of a pre-pack patch, and be it an GP or an EP I am looking forward to hearing what it is.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    simmietime wrote: »
    No teaser today! So disappointing.. Next week is the last chance or theres no major pack until June :(

Could be one over the next few weeks and it could still come out late may with the next patch cycle.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No teaser today! So disappointing.. Next week is the last chance or theres no major pack until June :(

Maybe it will be Tomorrow with the Trailer on Tuesday like they did with Paranormal.
  • Options
    Hoverael wrote: »

Could be one over the next few weeks and it could still come out late may with the next patch cycle.

May is too close to an Expansion Pack. A GP needs to come in March cause that ends the fiscal year. They never release a GP in April.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hopefully there will be an announcement next week. If we don’t get one I won’t be too surprised as we never got a gamepack last year.
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member

May is too close to an Expansion Pack. A GP needs to come in March cause that ends the fiscal year. They never release a GP in April.

@catloverplayer Luxury Party was released on May 19, 2015 so it's totally possible...
  • Options
    DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member

@catloverplayer Luxury Party was released on May 19, 2015 so it's totally possible...

Luxury party was a stuff pack not a game pack
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited March 2021

catloverplayer Luxury Party was released on May 19, 2015 so it's totally possible...

The assumption is that we’d get an EP in June. Luxury Party didn't have an EP coming after it.

They’ve never released a TS4 pack less than 2 months before an EP release. A June EP means no packs in May. And they never release packs in April anyway so that’s two months without any packs.

At least we have kits now. If the late March patch isn’t a pre-GP patch, surely it’s a pre-kit patch at least.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

Maybe it will be Tomorrow with the Trailer on Tuesday like they did with Paranormal.

I'd hope so. I really need a GP right now.
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    edited March 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »

catloverplayer Luxury Party was released on May 19, 2015 so it's totally possible...

The assumption is that we’d get an EP in June. Luxury Party didn't have an EP coming after it.

They’ve never released a TS4 pack less than 2 months before an EP release. A June EP means no packs in May. And they never release packs in April anyway so that’s two months without any packs.

At least we have kits now. If the late March patch isn’t a pre-GP patch, surely it’s a pre-kit patch at least.

Ok but what about Dine Out and Kids Room that where both released in the same month (June) in 2016? I've read somewhere that Dine Out was meant to be released in May, but postponed because they had problems with the pack...

What I'm trying to say is the fact that we're not sure if the pattern that we had in these years(2018-2020) will be the same this time, and kits are the proof of it.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    They have never released a GP in spring. Only Parenthood was released on the 30th of May which is argueably almost June.

So if they do release something soon it will be super out of schedule for them. They like schedules so I wouldn't bet on it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited March 2021
    Ok but what about Dine Out and Kids Room that where both released in the same month (June) in 2016? I've read somewhere that Dine Out was meant to be released in May, but postponed because they had problems with the pack...

What I'm trying to say is the fact that we're not sure if the pattern that we had in these years(2018-2020) will be the same this time, and kits are the proof of it.

Kids Room is a stuff pack, not an expansion pack. They would never have released Dine Out in early June if an expansion pack was coming in late June.

I agree that past patterns are not important. However, release windows are important. For smaller packs like stuff packs and kits, they can release them whenever they like - it doesn't matter. For bigger packs like expansion packs & game packs, they tend to stick to certain release windows. For example, if they plan to release 2 EPs in a year, one of the EPs would certainly release around November for the holiday season. Then the best time to release the other EP would be June.

Essentially, the best months of the year for them to release bigger packs are:

November (Holiday season)
    June (last month of the fiscal quarter)
    March (last month of the fiscal quarter)
    September (last month of the fiscal quarter)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    At least we’re getting the laundry list today. [Sigh]
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    With the new kits announcement dont you think announcing a new gamepack this month will take the hype from it?

I hope I'm wrong and there's a nice GP this month..
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Sadly I think I'm just learning not to expect anything from them at all. Hopefully there'll be a nice expansion pack in June. Anything more than that is a bonus.
  • Options
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Sadly I think I'm just learning not to expect anything from them at all. Hopefully there'll be a nice expansion pack in June. Anything more than that is a bonus.

They could still announce Next Week up to the 16th.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Watch them releasing a "Teen Stuff" SP featuring bunk beds as the gameplay item lol
  • Options
    pinkparkapinkparka Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2021
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Watch them releasing a "Teen Stuff" SP featuring bunk beds as the gameplay item lol

Listen... if they released a "Boarding School" GP that actually expanded the current school system and teens & children as lifestates (including Prom, more afterschool activities, slumber parties, etc.) with bunk beds as a gameplay item... I would eat that up :D Especially if they based it off of the school and cheer pack ideas from that survey a couple years ago.
    tumblr_o9fscfKSXN1s3wumuo1_540.gif
    "But these aren’t just stories. They’re whole kingdoms. They’re worlds. They’re perspectives and opinions you can’t offer, from lives you haven’t lived.” -Melissa de la Cruz
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    With the new kits announcement dont you think announcing a new gamepack this month will take the hype from it?

"Hype" isn't actually the word I'd use in relation to kits...
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options

Normally they only hype their new releases for about 2 weeks anyway so no I don't.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

"Hype" isn't actually the word I'd use in relation to kits...

I agree hype is not what they have though I like them
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Well hopefully Monday for a Gamepack Teaser. Next week is the last week it can get announced.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited March 2021
    Well hopefully Monday for a Gamepack Teaser. Next week is the last week it can get announced.

I love your optimism, catloverplayer. Thank you. :smile:
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited March 2021
    They keep the announcements for the April roadmap.

Now Anthem is officially dead, EA will use The Sims and FIFA Ultimate Team to cover this failure at the FY21 Q4 Financial Results conference in May.

Earnings call :

Q1 (April/May/June) in July
    Q2 (July/August/September) in October
    Q3 (October/November/December) in February
    Q4 (January/February/March) in May
  • Options

I really hope so too. I don't want another dry 3 months until June.