Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

1212223242527...Next

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I see Simmers expanding their gameplay all the time on the forum. Look at some of the things Simmers are doing in the positive threads , as @CK213 for example, is preparing their game for the next pack. There's so much you can do with several of the packs, mix and matching and doing it with a positive attitude.

I'm getting a little tired of the lack of imagination some Simmers have.

Yes, good. Your tiredness does not change anything or affect anyone other than yourself. People can play their game as they please. The GP sucks. And she will continue to stink over time.

I second that

And yet you still enter on giveaways? I find it strange, if it sucks and will suck forever, lol.

I like the BB and I'd get it at some point for sale :) It's the gameplay I'm criticising.

Ah, okay then :) Thank you for your reply :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    @rudy8292 Idem. Totally agree. They could even have added the thief in this GP. The house is redecorated and then raided. But not even that ... I do not understand how there are people who are happy with this pack is a scam.

Apparently the community that has played the sims for 20 years is here in the forums. While the teens are on twitter and youtube. That is why this forum is neglected, it is very sad that Maxis abandons the community that saw them grow just because we are no longer cool (?

(This isn't just aimed at you @ChocoSulSul but I've seen this happen a lot, and not just with this pack, and it bothers me, I'm not saying this to start an argument I promise).

I'm one of those who has played The Sims for ~20 years, and I'm also happy about this pack (as are many others). I dislike the "players excited about this pack must be young and unknowledgeable about The Sims" narrative. I have no problem with people being upset or negative towards the pack itself, everyone has different preferences, but to be derogatory to players themselves for liking something you don't is unfair.

Your feedback, negative or otherwise, is absolutely worth expressing, but should be aimed at those who make the game, not those who play it.

But, I do also partly agree with you. I don't use any social media, so I don't follow game changers, or Instagram, or anything. I only see what's being said on Twitter via the forums. I wish the Gurus took the time to hang out and post on the forums as much as they do on Twitter. It is difficult not to feel neglected as an older player or simply just someone who doesn't like social media.

I saw on a thread (it might have been this one, I don't remember, sorry) that someone suggested having an older game changer in the program. There are players 30, 40, 50, 60+ and I would love to see one of them be a game changer (even though I have to admit that I don't actually understand what game changers do...).

Yes, I could see people happy with this GP and I am sorry for my explosion. I was angry when I wrote the message. I feel neglected by Maxis, but I shouldn't have thrown myself against the younger players. Perhaps with the information from the 25th they can change my opinion about this GP. What frustrates me is that they haven't provided us with much requested content for a long time. Whichever is. I don't play with the hidden sims in general, but I would have preferred they were fairies or werewolves for the people who wanted it. Personally my game is stagnant, I need to be able to form a rock band for my story to continue. I just need that, to be able to make a band of musicians. I don't want to wait years for that to happen and it makes me anxious. I hate continuing the story and having the content come out when it's no longer relevant to me ... Having to start a new game, imagine a new story, etc.

You got angry because you're passionate about the game, which I can understand. I can also understand feeling neglected as a loyal player if you feel like you aren't getting that loyalty back in return.

Even though I'm looking forward to this GP I still find it suprising that so many requests have been seemingly been pushed aside for it. The optimistic in me is hoping that they want to take their time over highly requested content so that it meets our expectations.

I really appreciate you explaining your point of view to me. I hope you get a band pack soon. :smile:

You treated me well and I felt you deserved an explanation. I am also waiting for the GP. I said it in other posts, all the new content makes me happy! and it is useful. EcoLife didn't thrill me either and is one of the ones I use the most today. And thanks for the support! I guess I will continue with my solo story and with my offspring I will take advantage of other activities that do not fit with my current sim. I think what bothered me was being disappointed as everyone believed they were going to be bands, I got excited and got carried away and then I realized we were wrong haha. Things that happen!
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    I see Simmers expanding their gameplay all the time on the forum. Look at some of the things Simmers are doing in the positive threads , as @CK213 for example, is preparing their game for the next pack. There's so much you can do with several of the packs, mix and matching and doing it with a positive attitude.

Yes, good. Your tiredness does not change anything or affect anyone other than yourself. People can play their game as they please. The GP sucks. And she will continue to stink over time.

I second that

And yet you still enter on giveaways? I find it strange, if it sucks and will suck forever, lol.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. You may not like it and buy it anyway. So that the paid content is not missing in your game, or any other reason why you decide to want to have it. Criticizing a GP does not mean that you do not acquire it or do not want to acquire it. I personally agree with Dakota. What is criticized is the little playable content that is added in a GP precisely. And we can also say that what is criticized is that this career is not something that we cannot do previously. There is nothing really new in the game with this GP. You could imagine decorating a house and giving you money. Okay, add some interactions, but what else? This is one of those GPs who end up boring you in no time because the content runs out. Something like Paranormal, the career is very nice but I doubt that anyone will continue to play it after reaching the end. And it is VERY easy to reach the final goal.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021

I second that

I like the BB and I'd get it at some point for sale :) It's the gameplay I'm criticising.

No problem, I am happy for people who are excited about this pack. I don't think it's a bad pack, despite how negative I might have come across. I thought about it: it's just that lots of highly requested features by the community haven't been added for a long time now, instead they keep pushing out packs like this. Which really is a cool pack if I think about it, even the gameplay would be much welcomed by me if it weren't for the missing highly requested features such as better babies that I really need for my gameplay. I hope the upcoming EP will finally contain SOME requested features. "BOND with nature" could also mean Generations or at least some aspects of it, who knows. I'd be really excited about Farming too. I really wanna be excited about an upcoming pack and I hope I will be later this year.

I've experienced this quite often with TS4 packs by now - I was REALLY negative about them at first, but on second thought I found them to be pretty cool packs. It's just, well, I am missing so many features that are also highly requested within the rest of the community, that everytime they push out new packs which don't contain these features, I get extremely disappointed even though the pack content might not be that disappointing itself. I don't know if that makes sense to anybody else, but it's how I feel.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Stuff Packs are the new Game Packs. Game Packs are the new Stuff Packs. So, Expansion Packs might become the new Game Packs.
    Just a guess.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I second that

No problem, I am happy for people who are excited about this pack. I don't think it's a bad pack, despite how negative I might have come across. I thought about it: it's just that lots of highly requested features by the community haven't been added for a long time now, instead they keep pushing out packs like this. Which really is a cool pack if I think about it, even the gameplay would be much welcomed by me if it weren't for the missing highly requested features such as better babies that I really need for my gameplay. I hope the upcoming EP will finally contain SOME requested features. "BOND with nature" could also mean Generations or at least some aspects of it, who knows. I'd be really excited about Farming too. I really wanna be excited about an upcoming pack and I hope I will be later this year.

I've experienced this quite often with TS4 packs by now - I was REALLY negative about them at first, but on second thought I found them to be pretty cool packs. It's just, well, I am missing so many features that are also highly requested within the rest of the community, that everytime they push out new packs which don't contain these features, I get extremely disappointed even though the pack content might not be that disappointing itself. I don't know if that makes sense to anybody else, but it's how I feel.

They will come :) generations, better babies... they said they're working on them. But they'll def take more time to develop than this pack.
    Enjoy it while waiting cause your requests were already promised :)
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »

I second that

They will come :) generations, better babies... they said they're working on them. But they'll def take more time to develop than this pack.
    Enjoy it while waiting cause your requests were already promised :)

I don't think they were promised, but they seem likely as the SimGurus acknowledged several times we want these features and game changers have been asking about them too.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    The patch could drop this Friday if anything. The last patch we had was unexpected as well. Next week they can talk about the following patch for June. I’m thinking tomorrow we can also be getting a tease trailer which will be talked about next week.
    I will love you forever if this is right. But then I'll hate you forever if it's wrong because you got my hopes up.

I know this is late but, I guess I was right :)