Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Ok this doesn't sound like a trailer more like a livestream
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It is possible that there is a trailer dropping on the 23rd. If it's a game pack they can advertise every day with a blog post a day or random teasers leading up to a release on the 30th or 31st.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Is it normal to get an announcement of a patch with one week of advance? Has it happened before?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Is it normal to get an announcement of a patch with one week of advance? Has it happened before?

The update with the skin tones last year was announced in advance and had a trailer. The anniversary patch this year was also announced two or three weeks before, but that might just have been the patch not ready in time. Anyway this is at least the third patch in a few months time to be announced in advance.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    It's very unusual - March 23rd is a Tuesday, which is the normal release day for a gamepack - or for a pre-pack patch for an expansion. I'm still not holding out much hope for a pack soon, but it's possible they're going to double-up the patch livestream and an announcement for a new pack. Mentioning voidcritters is very odd, it doesn't have much to do with bunkbeds, but is a show for kids within the game, so could be hinting at a more general kids expansion.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    More information on what to expect? should i be expecting something then? :D I guess they could be planning on talking about the bunk beds in depth or something, or it could be about a pack?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Could there be void critters on the bunk bed, or is there a game pack coming for children, I hope there is a gamepack coming.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    If it would be coming on the 30th, wouldn't it be a stuff pack? Why does nobody consider an SP coming next? There were 2 SPs in a row before.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    If it would be coming on the 30th, wouldn't it be a stuff pack? Why does nobody consider an SP coming next? There were 2 SPs in a row before.

It's neither a GP nor an SP. Both pre-GP and pre-SP patches always release on Thursdays.

The only possibility is that it's a pre-Kit patch, since they don't announce Kits before releasing them anyway. In fact, they should always release both the patch and the Kit on the same day if they don't want info on the Kit to leak through game files like it did last time.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    After seeing the post I’m not convinced we are getting a gamepack now just the patch. Although I would still love a gamepack. I do wonder if there is something voidcritter related or kids related too being added to the pack.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I think this whole voidcritters thing is just a little joke. A game changer tweeted "who is that pokemon?" with a pic of the silhouette for the bunk beds, and the sims account used void critters instead since they are kinda the sims version of that.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

The update with the skin tones last year was announced in advance and had a trailer. The anniversary patch this year was also announced two or three weeks before, but that might just have been the patch not ready in time. Anyway this is at least the third patch in a few months time to be announced in advance.

The anniversary patch was a pre-kits patch. They added code for the kits in that one. The skin tones update i don't remember... i still hold the hope that something juicy is coming. But i may be wrong. I just don't see why would they have a pre-patch moment in monday... just to talk about bunk beds?
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

The anniversary patch was a pre-kits patch. They added code for the kits in that one. The skin tones update i don't remember... i still hold the hope that something juicy is coming. But i may be wrong. I just don't see why would they have a pre-patch moment in monday... just to talk about bunk beds?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm sure there's something more going on than just Bunk Beds in the patch. My money's on a pack of some kind (GP or EP), even if the timing is unprecedented, but it could be the next kit (because there's no reason to delay, as the initial three kits showed) or it could be that the patch has more than Bunk Beds that they want to show off.

Probably too much to hope that they'd add more after-school stuff to the base game in a patch.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

It's neither a GP nor an SP. Both pre-GP and pre-SP patches always release on Thursdays.

The only possibility is that it's a pre-Kit patch, since they don't announce Kits before releasing them anyway. In fact, they should always release both the patch and the Kit on the same day if they don't want info on the Kit to leak through game files like it did last time.

Yep, I fear it's just a kit. :(

Still hoping for babies though.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Maybe they're going to give us a roadmap for the next six months on Monday. It does seem odd to to have an announcement before a patch that is only adding bunkbeds and some bug fixes.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

It may well be a kit, but I'd argue that we don't have enough experience with kits to draw a "what's usual" pattern with them yet, seeing as we've only had one release.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    We need bunk beds. I have a mod for bunk beds but not everybody uses or wants to use mods. We also need major mixes for issues in the game. We need better gameplay. They need to focus on what the Sims do best and that is drama lots and lots of drama. I hope this year they give us more gameplay improvements that aren't overdone or broken.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    It may well be a kit, but I'd argue that we don't have enough experience with kits to draw a "what's usual" pattern with them yet, seeing as we've only had one release.

Yeah Kits are the only thing left that's possible, because as you said we're still not sure how they'd release them. Meanwhile, new EP/GP/SP are all ruled out based on how they do things in the past.

A more likely scenario is that this is just going to be a regular patch. No packs/kits are coming anytime soon.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2021
    its bit weird if they are just gonna say hey its a bunk bed look so i am assuming there is more to talk about in some form be it about bunk beds themselves, other updates or next pack

but also like idk they also like to say things we already know and call it new info so idk will see
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Yeah Kits are the only thing left that's possible, because as you said we're still not sure how they'd release them. Meanwhile, new EP/GP/SP are all ruled out based on how they do things in the past.

A more likely scenario is that this is just going to be a regular patch. No packs/kits are coming anytime soon.

Yes just a freepack but I hope we're getting more then bunkbeds.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It could be just bunkbeds. Lots of people really wanted bunkbeds for a really long time, so EA may want more focus on the fact that they're giving us bunkbeds. Just a thought.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    It could be just bunkbeds. Lots of people really wanted bunkbeds for a really long time, so EA may want more focus on the fact that they're giving us bunkbeds. Just a thought.

I would be more inclined to believe that if it was not drawn out and teased like it has. What's with the set up if it could just be said that bunkbeds were coming in the next update (no immediate date needed)? It is true that people have wanted them, myself included, but one "hero object" alone is not worth all the fuss like the previous big updates (toddlers, skin tones, etc.). No matter what, I cannot believe the patch notes will just read "bunkbeds."
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    They must be some fancy bum bunk beds if they’re going to dedicate an entire stream to them!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    They must be some fancy bum bunk beds if they’re going to dedicate an entire stream to them!

Did they say it was going to be a stream? Maybe they'll add another gameplay kit.