Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am so excited. Honestly, I think we're getting an active school GP (high schools only, not primary schools), coming with bands and more after school activities for children too. But I still hope we'll get at least preteens as a new life stage or updated babies :( I can't wait anymore, I really need updated babies for my gameplay.

Yes I’m wanting updated babies too. I hope we get farm pack with animals before high schools, but I also want high school if it’s not a rabbit hole one,
  • Options
    renamed250420211402renamed250420211402 Posts: 13 New Member
    [quote="pinkparka;c-17830247"][quote="Dakota88;c-17830011"]Watch them releasing a "Teen Stuff" SP featuring bunk beds as the gameplay item lol [/quote]

Listen... if they released a "Boarding School" GP that actually expanded the current school system and teens & children as lifestates (including Prom, more afterschool activities, slumber parties, etc.) with bunk beds as a gameplay item... I would eat that up :D Especially if they based it off of the school and cheer pack ideas from that survey a couple years ago.[/quote]
    I would love that
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Well hopefully Monday for a Gamepack Teaser. Next week is the last week it can get announced.

I'm pretty sure there was only a week between Strangerville being announced and being released, and that was a gamepack, so I'd say it could be announced up to the 23rd. I'm not expecting anything at this point though - mostly just because I've got too much time on my hands in lockdown, and expecting something every day for weeks and it not happening is kind of torturous. I'll be happy if we do get something though.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Well hopefully Monday for a Gamepack Teaser. Next week is the last week it can get announced.

I'm pretty sure there was only a week between Strangerville being announced and being released, and that was a gamepack, so I'd say it could be announced up to the 23rd. I'm not expecting anything at this point though - mostly just because I've got too much time on my hands in lockdown, and expecting something every day for weeks and it not happening is kind of torturous. I'll be happy if we do get something though.

well you could play stardew I've been enjoying that game @Reedfish
    though I think we will hear something about a pack soon
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member

I'm playing Yakuza 7 (having played Stardew and married Shane many times over), and it is wonderful. I'm happy to come back to the Sims if they release a good-looking pack though, especially one I've been waiting for for a long time. But I remember going through all this last year, waiting basically from January to June for another pack, and I'm not eager to repeat it. I'd rather focus on something else until we get some actual hints something's coming (other than bunkbeds).
  • Options
    Well hopef'ully Monday for a Gamepack Teaser. Next week is the last week it can get announced.

I'm playing Yakuza 7 (having played Stardew and married Shane many times over), and it is wonderful. I'm happy to come back to the Sims if they release a good-looking pack though, especially one I've been waiting for for a long time. But I remember going through all this last year, waiting basically from January to June for another pack, and I'm not eager to repeat it. I'd rather focus on something else until we get some actual hints something's coming (other than bunkbeds).

me to but I really don't think we'll hear anything till the end of the month @Reedfish
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    With Today being International Women's Day TheSims will probably focus on that so the teaser might come Tomorrow and Trailer Wednesday. I could be wrong though.

Why are you assuming a GP announcement is coming soon?

There was a whole year without a Gamepack between September 2019 and September 2020, so we might have to wait until September 2021. Also they said Kits would be released to fill up gaps when there are pack droughts, and we've just had kits release so presumably we would otherwise be in a drought.

I'm not expecting anything before an expansion pack in June, perhaps another kit will come before then.

Can't wait to see your reaction when it's announced.

Still waiting lol
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    With Today being International Women's Day TheSims will probably focus on that so the teaser might come Tomorrow and Trailer Wednesday. I could be wrong though.

There was a whole year without a Gamepack between September 2019 and September 2020, so we might have to wait until September 2021. Also they said Kits would be released to fill up gaps when there are pack droughts, and we've just had kits release so presumably we would otherwise be in a drought.

I'm not expecting anything before an expansion pack in June, perhaps another kit will come before then.

Still waiting lol

They may announce this week stay tuned.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

Still waiting lol

They may announce this week stay tuned.
    I'll be waiting
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    If theres no more packs until June I'm gonna throw a tantrum like a toddler with the fussy trait xD
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    There'll be packs between now and June- if nothing else, we could get a couple more kits ;)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    simmietime wrote: »
    If theres no more packs until June I'm gonna throw a tantrum like a toddler with the fussy trait xD

If not we'll atleast get kits.
  • Options
    I did a poll on Twitter and 50% said they think a Gamepack Announcement will come this week and 50% said no it wouldn't be an announcement this week so it was virtually a tie.

Cross y'alls fingers for a Teaser Later Today and a Trailer Tuesday. They could also do the teaser Tuesday and Trailer on Wednesday. This is the week a Gamepack Announcement has to be made.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I think we'll get kits instead of a gamepack.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I think we'll get kits instead of a gamepack.

I hope not I want a game pack
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'd prefer a GP announcement myself, but something at least.

Well, honestly my problem is less so content right now and more so that Guidry and Bonehilda do not despawn in my game. Already reported and shared saves, but if I cannot play haunted houses then I need some other content to play or I cannot play 4.

Thankfully, the CK3 flavor pack Northern Lords is dropping tomorrow and my friend and I will be caught up in an Iceland run because of it.
  • Options
    My fingers are crossed so tightly in the next few days for a pack announcement...
  • Options
    Calico45 wrote: »

Well, honestly my problem is less so content right now and more so that Guidry and Bonehilda do not despawn in my game. Already reported and shared saves, but if I cannot play haunted houses then I need some other content to play or I cannot play 4.

Thankfully, the CK3 flavor pack Northern Lords is dropping tomorrow and my friend and I will be caught up in an Iceland run because of it.

Any mods?
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2021
    Calico45 wrote: »

Any mods?

Vanilla since launch.

Seems rare, but I am not the only one. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PSP-Bonehilda-Living-in-my-house/m-p/10052625#M174152
  • Options
  • Options

I feel like theres no pack this quarter :( The bunkbed patch will just drop on March 22nd instead.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

I feel like theres no pack this quarter :( The bunkbed patch will just drop on March 22nd instead.

Trailer on the 22nd allows for a game pack on the 30th, so it's not impossible. And the bunk bed patch drops on the 23rd
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Trailer on the 22nd allows for a game pack on the 30th, so it's not impossible. And the bunk bed patch drops on the 23rd

Hope your right 🤞🤞
  • Options

March 22nd is on Wednesday.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

March 22nd is on Wednesday.

Um... the 22nd is next Monday (1 week from today) This Wednesday is the 17th. I mean, I understand that time hasn't meant much for the past year, but... :wink: