Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2021
    With Today being International Women's Day TheSims will probably focus on that so the teaser might come Tomorrow and Trailer Wednesday. I could be wrong though.

Why are you assuming a GP announcement is coming soon?

There was a whole year without a Gamepack between September 2019 and September 2020, so we might have to wait until September 2021. Also they said Kits would be released to fill up gaps when there are pack droughts, and we've just had kits release so presumably we would otherwise be in a drought.

I'm not expecting anything before an expansion pack in June, perhaps another kit will come before then.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2021
    With Today being International Women's Day TheSims will probably focus on that so the teaser might come Tomorrow and Trailer Wednesday. I could be wrong though.

There was a whole year without a Gamepack between September 2019 and September 2020, so we might have to wait until September 2021. Also they said Kits would be released to fill up gaps when there are pack droughts, and we've just had kits release so presumably we would otherwise be in a drought.

I'm not expecting anything before an expansion pack in June, perhaps another kit will come before then.

Same.

I don't know why people seem to pull a GP out of thin air. I am not expecting a GP at all. I think the next pack is going to be the next EP in June. Nothing before that.

I hope they prove me wrong, but this has been a trend lately.

I guess people base it on the bunkbed patch late March, but I think that is a big stretch too.

Again: I hope to be proven wrong.

Hyping yourself up like this will only result in more and more disappointments.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Same.

I don't know why people seem to pull a GP out of thin air. I am not expecting a GP at all. I think the next pack is going to be the next EP in June. Nothing before that.

Agree, especially with the release of the kits I'm expecting 1-2 till the announcement for the next expansion pack in late may.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Cause bunkbeds are getting patched in.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited March 2021
    I also feel like something is coming. Why would they patch in bunk beds at the end of March if there was no pack associated with it? They could have patched it in with the birthday patch but they waited till the end of March. Why? I can only assume that it's because it's a patch before a new game pack or expansion.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I also feel like something is coming. Why would they patch in bunk beds at the end of March if there was no pack associated with it. They could have patched it in with the birthday patch but they waited till the end of March. Why? I can only assume that it's because it's a patch before a new game pack or expansion.

Well if that is the case, I'd rather have them patch that in because of a potential Generations EP. I couldn't care less about Generations being a GamePack, since IMO that doesn't do that theme any justice at all.

I can't really think of a different theme adding Bunkbeds with.

We will see. I'm still very sceptical.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I also feel like something is coming. Why would they patch in bunk beds at the end of March if there was no pack associated with it. They could have patched it in with the birthday patch but they waited till the end of March. Why? I can only assume that it's because it's a patch before a new game pack or expansion.

Well if that is the case, I'd rather have them patch that in because of a potential Generations EP. I couldn't care less about Generations being a GamePack, since IMO that doesn't do that theme any justice at all.

We will see. I'm still very skeptical.

I think it's fair to be skeptical especially with the sims. I always feel like we're in the dark.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    edited March 2021
    Deleted

Can't wait to see your reaction when it's announced.

Last year was the start of a pandemic and they were learning how to work from home.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member

It could come with a GP related to school and/or teens.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I also feel like something is coming. Why would they patch in bunk beds at the end of March if there was no pack associated with it? They could have patched it in with the birthday patch but they waited till the end of March. Why? I can only assume that it's because it's a patch before a new game pack or expansion.

Well they patched in toddlers before the vampire pack release, and I thought that was the least cohesive time to release them. So I don't necessarily think they wouldn't just randomly patch in something big.

Plus, I kinda feel like the bunkbed announcement was a PR tactic to put out the fire in advance, hopefully to try and get people hyped about them and less negative about the kits that were discovered shortly after the bunkbed announcement.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    Remember last year when we didn't get anything for months until the summer EP released? The pandemic is still around so I'm not so sure we'll be getting bigger content soon.

I think it possible that they patch bunk beds in so players don't rant about the lack of pack releases. The kits could actually have the same purpose.

But I hope I'm wrong.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    So no teaser today, but they could still surprise us with a trailer tomorrow.
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Remember last year when we didn't get anything for months until the summer EP released? The pandemic is still around so I'm not so sure we'll be getting bigger content soon.

I think it possible that they patch bunk beds in so players don't rant about the lack of pack releases. The kits could actually have the same purpose.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Unlike last year they've learned how to work from home so a GP is very possible this month. They released Snowy Escape when most of the team were working from home and that's a big expansion.
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    So no teaser today, but they could still surprise us with a trailer tomorrow.

Hopefully Tomorrow.
    This is most likely why we didn't get a Gamepack Teaser Today. TheSims normally just tweets about one thing.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    This is most likely why we didn't get a Gamepack Teaser Today. TheSims normally just tweets about one thing.

Well, i'm a woman and I would have preferred a teaser over a tweet about International Women's day haha
    Maybe a teaser Today. We ll see.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

Agree. I don't understand where all this obsession with "the next pack must be a game pack" is coming from. 2019-2020 there was a whole year gap between game pack releases, 2018-2019 there was a whole year gap, 2017-2018 there was also almost a whole year gap between game packs. 2019, 2017 and 2015 are the only years where they've released multiple game packs within the space of a year. There was no game pack between the University and Eco Lifestyle expansions and that was less than a year ago so it's definitely not the case that they release a gp between every expansion.

If we're going by what they've done in the past to predict release schedules, an expansion came Nov 2019 (same happened Nov 2020), then a stuff pack came Jan 2020 (same happened Jan 2021) and then the next pack was an expansion so 🤷.
    Onverser wrote: »

Agree. I don't understand where all this obsession with "the next pack must be a game pack" is coming from. 2019-2020 there was a whole year gap between game pack releases, 2018-2019 there was a whole year gap, 2017-2018 there was also almost a whole year gap between game packs. 2019, 2017 and 2015 are the only years where they've released multiple game packs within the space of a year. There was no game pack between the University and Eco Lifestyle expansions and that was less than a year ago so it's definitely not the case that they release a gp between every expansion.

If we're going by what they've done in the past to predict release schedules, an expansion came Nov 2019 (same happened Nov 2020), then a stuff pack came Jan 2020 (same happened Jan 2021) and then the next pack was an expansion so 🤷.

Did you see Iron Seagull's video above?
    Onverser wrote: »

I'm not going by what they did last year because I think a Gamepack got delayed last Spring cause they were learning to work from home.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Lol you guys. Does it matter rather it's an expansion pack or game pack? The fact is that we all know SOME kind of pack is coming soon. 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    No teaser today! So disappointing.. Next week is the last chance or theres no major pack until June :(