Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Gamepack Announcement When Will It Be Made? (Announced May 20th)

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2021

I think that .gif response from The Sims account has nothing to do with the next pack being ''Generations'' or ''Around the Corner''.

I think people are looking way too much into things like this. You can also say that it means that they try to avoid having to answer that question.

Do I hope the next EP is Generations? Absolutely...

It comes when it comes.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I think that .gif response from The Sims account has nothing to do with the next pack being ''Generations'' or ''Around the Corner''.

I think people are looking way too much into things like this. You can also say that it means that they try to avoid having to answer that question.

Do I hope the next EP is Generations? Absolutely...

It comes when it comes.

Yeah my first thought when I saw the baby immediately turn the corner, was of them avoiding the question, not the baby itself.

It's like when you unexpectedly run into someone you owe money or borrowed something and they've been asking for it back, and you see them out somewhere you're not expecting to see them and you try and hide, go a different route, or avoid them so you don't have to be confronted or answer them.

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Okay, admittedly this is me being a bit cheeky, but what if they don't call it generations, but something like "Sims 4 Life Cycles Expansion Pack" but it otherwise has all the desired functions of a Generations pack: Something for each life stage (though probably not as much for each individual life stage as people want) more stuff for Sims to do together, cars, etc.?

I mean, I'm sure the next pack will either focus on Kids/Teens, or else be Generations in some form but at this point, I'm expecting it as the June pack, which means no announcement until late April/Early May.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2021

that gif is common on twitter when someone wants to avoid answering something. People probably bother them every day asking them when the next pack will be released.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2021

Apparently Luumia joined team as Cinematic Artist (trailers and screens for game) I wonder if they got something to do with next trailer
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I’m happy for Luumia getting hired to join the sims team, he did work on the base game underwear I love but can’t share here!

His hair and clothes are cute too, I haven’t been on his site in a while though so I’m wondering what he will bring (it would be crazy if he wasn’t able to create things for the game)

I remember that time EA let modders make stuff for the sims 4 (I haven’t played it in a while but I use what they made a lot).

It would be amazing if more modders were hired as long as they were given the time and freedom to create what they wanted.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2021
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I’m happy for Luumia getting hired to join the sims team, he did work on the base game underwear I love but can’t share here!

His hair and clothes are cute too, I haven’t been on his site in a while though so I’m wondering what he will bring (it would be crazy if he wasn’t able to create things for the game)

wouldn't hold my breath for that though it sounds like the job they were hired for is more about trailers and such (for now anyway)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2021
    Well I was hoping we'd get an announcement this week but nothing. There may not be a Spring Gamepack this year. We may only have a GP this Summer in August or September.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Well I was hoping we'd get an announcement this week but nothing. There may not be a Spring Gamepack this year. We may only have a GP this Summer in August or September.

most likely or a june gp
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    They're really going to make us wait half a year for some actual significant gameplay content? Ridiculous.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    I'd rather wait if the packs they roll out are high quality. We've got a patch and free content at the end of this month, probably they will announce something then.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There will be kits for sure. I just hope they tick some of my (and most player's) wishes :)
  • Options

most likely or a june gp

I think June will be the month we get an Expansion Pack.
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    fae_brass wrote: »
    I'd rather wait if the packs they roll out are high quality. We've got a patch and free content at the end of this month, probably they will announce something then.

More waiting time doesn't necessarily lead to quality content. I mean, look what happened last year. 2020 was the worst year for TS4 packs IMO.

As a CC user, I am not really interested in more stuff as opposed to gameplay because I can just download stuff. But each to their own.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Who knows, maybe we'll get better gameplay in the free update too. I'm on PS4 so I have way fewer content options. Really wish they'd allow CC for PS4 as it would solve issues I have with the gameplay by allowing me to fill in the gaps with mods. Don't get me wrong, Not gagging for more stuff, I'm just hoping the next patch will also bring us more depth as well as the stuff.
  • Options
    asa144 wrote: »
    fae_brass wrote: »

More waiting time doesn't necessarily lead to quality content. I mean, look what happened last year. 2020 was the worst year for TS4 packs IMO.

As a CC user, I am not really interested in more stuff as opposed to gameplay because I can just download stuff. But each to their own.

This plus other gaming studios have waited and their games was a buggy mess.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

most likely or a june gp

I think June will be the month we get an Expansion Pack.

I think so too. I hope it'll be Generations with updated babies.
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a Gamepack Teaser Today. New week new chances.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    The sims 4 never gets paid DLC in April due to how EA’s financial year works.

In June I think we’ll get a trailer for a July EP and possibly a new kit. I don’t think we’ll hear anything about a GP until late July-September
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Maybe today? Today is Tuesday
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    The sims 4 never gets paid DLC in April due to how EA’s financial year works.

In June I think we’ll get a trailer for a July EP and possibly a new kit. I don’t think we’ll hear anything about a GP until late July-September

I'd expect the expansion pack to release in June. I don't think we've ever got an expansion pack in July. EP will most likely be announced sometimes in May.

Normally yes your right we haven't got dlc in April but Maxis could change that up. I"m already expecting a new kit this month. Their having a big sale on a lot of packs of over 50%. It could be that's cause a new gamepack is dropping soon.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I'd expect the expansion pack to release in June. I don't think we've ever got an expansion pack in July. EP will most likely be announced sometimes in May.

Normally yes your right we haven't got dlc in April but Maxis could change that up. I"m already expecting a new kit this month. Their having a big sale on a lot of packs of over 50%. It could be that's cause a new gamepack is dropping soon.

You’re right, I was thinking May and June but for some reason typed June and July instead.

I still find it hard to believe we’ll get something this month though
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    It's not looking good for a Gamepack since we only have 2 more weeks in April and it hasn't been announced yet so here is what I see for May. Maxis will most likely give us a Gameplay Kit in May to tide us over to to the June Expansion Pack to prevent a drought from happening. April has the patch with free content coming so May would be the filler with a Kit and June for the Expansion Pack.

May would be a great time for a Pool Kit just about a month before Summer.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Assuming we’re getting a patch later this month, it’s more likely we’d get a kit in April than May. It’s very likely that they’ll skip the May patch altogether if we’re getting an EP in June. We did not get a patch in May 2019 or May 2020 for example. Because they have to release a patch first before they can release a kit, we may very well get a new kit right after the April patch.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png