Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I sims should be able to get arrested

comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
edited February 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
if they are criminals or steal there are no consequences there should be
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I agree, they should be arrested for being BAD!
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes but the devs encouraged stealing with the "Sharing is Caring" NAP, so evidently they don't think so.

I personally think they should too, if they start a brawl with someone, kleptomaniacs if they get caught, peeping Toms, vandalism.

But, then again, we also don't have "real" cops out patrolling the streets to catch anybody doing anything bad.
  • Options
    even if it was a rabbit hole it would be better then nothing also hopfuly they would add cops
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    They didnt implement crime system in get to work, so i think it's a missed opportunity already.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2021
    I've noticed that stuff is surreptitiously put into the packs on the way, like stuff useful for playing "off the grid" until a pack comes along that makes them more useful on the way as Island Lifestyle (Sulani) which gives a lot choice and then Eco Lifestyle which gives a whole world choice in NAPS.

I'm hoping the same goes for firefighters and something to control those burglars which kept stealing my bar furniture under "caring is sharing" in EL. We do need some law in the game. Public Services maybe? Get to Work doesn't go far enough.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    They need to put the Justice System in the Base game.
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

I feel the same
  • Options
    also it would make bad sims more fun to play
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Or at least Have the Police come after you, and you have to come up with a clever way to escape.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes yes yesss would love a police/crime system of some sort. I agree being bad feels kind of pointless with no consequences.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes yes yesss would love a police/crime system of some sort. I agree being bad feels kind of pointless with no consequences.

Although I would really like some bad things for sims to do. It's hard to commit a crime, when there're are no crimes to commit.
    None of it truly warrants Jail time, Somethings aren't worth stealing.
    Stealing, you basically get a pop on the hand.

I've tried creating Pirates, Thieves, Assassins, Tyrants. It's Hard to be bad.
    I want my Evil Sims to be ruthless, Spiteful, Vindictive, We have Fear now, I want to give my other sims a reason to Fear My other Sims, for them to be cruel, and wicked. why is it that we have so many friendly interactions and not many Evil/Mean.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021

agreed!!

@MasonGamer because sims 4 is like a safe space for some, and the game is t rated. at least we got mods to try and make evil sims however console players will have to stick to teletubbieland
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Or at least Have the Police come after you, and you have to come up with a clever way to escape.

yes so much this
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Although I would really like some bad things for sims to do. It's hard to commit a crime, when there're are no crimes to commit.
    None of it truly warrants Jail time, Somethings aren't worth stealing.
    Stealing, you basically get a pop on the hand.

I've tried creating Pirates, Thieves, Assassins, Tyrants. It's Hard to be bad.
    I want my Evil Sims to be ruthless, Spiteful, Vindictive, We have Fear now, I want to give my other sims a reason to Fear My other Sims, for them to be cruel, and wicked. why is it that we have so many friendly interactions and not many Evil/Mean.

well I mean there is the evil spy career and criminal career as well as the criminal space career there should be chance cards of whether your sims go to jail for a day in a rabbit hole after all these careers are all base and easily updated
    @MasonGamer and they could make it where your sims could steal bigger objects to that trait is also in base game
    though I would like a playable criminal career for sure
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I can see what the forums would look like if they added a feature for you to play as a Criminal Sim and get arrested "So like, I'm trying to have my Sim play as a master criminal but they just keep getting arrested. Can you nerf the cops or just remove the whole system from the game so it no longer affects me? Toggles? Nah, just nerf it or I'll start screaming really loud."
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited February 2021
    I do agree that there should be some kind of justice system in base game, without exceeding Teen rating. I had a sim in Sims 3 who constantly sprayed graffiti all over the place (wherever possible) and he got busted by the cops time and again for “vandalizing” the streets with his beautiful art. Simple as that. Only being able to play the “good” guy (the law enforcer) in Get To Work is indeed a missed opportunity. We should be given the chance to play as the bolder side as well, some kind of “baddy” who will suffer the consequences when stepping out of line.

Interestingly though, the much controversial pack “Journey to Batuu” offers this kind of gameplay, in fact, the entire pack focuses on the justice system based on the Star Wars universe, and depending which faction you choose from, there will be consequences. There is no reason for EA not to implement something interesting like this in base or whichever next pack. It shouldn’t matter whether the gameplay is linked to a brand or not. Consequences are consequences.

As a scoundrel my sim has to be sneaky and make sure there are no patrolling stormtroopers (patrolling cops) roaming nearby when he’s hacking into the systems (performing a criminal act) or he will get caught, arrested and brought to jail (rabbithole) for the day. Sure, in this case The Empire is seen as the “baddy”, but again, there is very little reason - unless indeed a political one - not to give the player something more challenging for their mean, evil or mischievous sims in any Sims4 world.

It’s already in the code and I’m sure it would make gameplay a lot more appealing to many simmers (who want absolutely nothing to do with JtB 😇).
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    What I don't get is that my Civilization VI is a Teen rated game & my Army can go destroy another Army. They even laugh when they win. :D
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    There is already a Western jail backdrop in Get Famous, made for a film set so if there is a justice system type in Batuu we are on our way to getting stuff in the pack that's useful! Maybe those scenarios are a hint of future packs?

Currently I tend to use the jail backdrop for photos, using the Moschino pack using a large photograph studio with the backdrops in the garden.
  • Options
    What I don't get is that my Civilization VI is a Teen rated game & my Army can go destroy another Army. They even laugh when they win. :D

well I'm not asking for any that big really just Consequences for what we can already do
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yeah, they need something. I remember my sims getting arrested in TS3 and it was hilarious! I really wouldn't mind something like that back, right now stealing feels a little pointless without any consequences.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    I do agree that there should be some kind of justice system in base game, without exceeding Teen rating. I had a sim in Sims 3 who constantly sprayed graffiti all over the place (wherever possible) and he got busted by the cops time and again for “vandalizing” the streets with his beautiful art. Simple as that. Only being able to play the “good” guy (the law enforcer) in Get To Work is indeed a missed opportunity. We should be given the chance to play as the bolder side as well, some kind of “baddy” who will suffer the consequences when stepping out of line.

Interestingly though, the much controversial pack “Journey to Batuu” offers this kind of gameplay, in fact, the entire pack focuses on the justice system based on the Star Wars universe, and depending which faction you choose from, there will be consequences. There is no reason for EA not to implement something interesting like this in base or whichever next pack. It shouldn’t matter whether the gameplay is linked to a brand or not. Consequences are consequences.

As a scoundrel my sim has to be sneaky and make sure there are no patrolling stormtroopers (patrolling cops) roaming nearby when he’s hacking into the systems (performing a criminal act) or he will get caught, arrested and brought to jail (rabbithole) for the day. Sure, in this case The Empire is seen as the “baddy”, but again, there is very little reason - unless indeed a political one - not to give the player something more challenging for their mean, evil or mischievous sims in any Sims4 world.

It’s already in the code and I’m sure it would make gameplay a lot more appealing to many simmers (who want absolutely nothing to do with JtB 😇).

oh I like that part of jtb a lot I do wish they would add little things like that to the base game and I feel like they
    could do more with it that way because they wouldn't have to worry about insulting disney
    also I miss the npc police they were good boyfriend and girlfriend options for ours sims and the npc burgler I miss them to
    you could let them go if they were being arrested and they would give you there number @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    wow it's true, we don't even have burglars on the game. i think if they ever get patched it's when we'll get the justice system patched in as well. also dunno if this is on ts3 or ts4 but on ts1 you could hire the clown catchers to get rid of the tragic clown, and a lady with a device would try to erase him from the lot but he would run away LOL
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    That would be interesting! It could be like in the Sims Medieval where they are released after a few hours.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    EA is company that sits on the left and as we all know the left picks and chooses which laws to follow. The "Caring is Sharing" is something someone on the left would do.

This is no place for political drivel! Everyone else is having a nice conversation!
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif