Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I sims should be able to get arrested

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Agreed! I want criminals in the game.

I just think it would be so cool if my Sim could visit a luxury clothing shop, steal something, and have the clerk call the cops on my Sim as they run away. And if they get caught, jail time.

The game is honestly so monotonous. The Sims 3 was headed in the right direction.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I do agree that there should be some kind of justice system in base game, without exceeding Teen rating. I had a sim in Sims 3 who constantly sprayed graffiti all over the place (wherever possible) and he got busted by the cops time and again for “vandalizing” the streets with his beautiful art. Simple as that. Only being able to play the “good” guy (the law enforcer) in Get To Work is indeed a missed opportunity. We should be given the chance to play as the bolder side as well, some kind of “baddy” who will suffer the consequences when stepping out of line.

Interestingly though, the much controversial pack “Journey to Batuu” offers this kind of gameplay, in fact, the entire pack focuses on the justice system based on the Star Wars universe, and depending which faction you choose from, there will be consequences. There is no reason for EA not to implement something interesting like this in base or whichever next pack. It shouldn’t matter whether the gameplay is linked to a brand or not. Consequences are consequences.

As a scoundrel my sim has to be sneaky and make sure there are no patrolling stormtroopers (patrolling cops) roaming nearby when he’s hacking into the systems (performing a criminal act) or he will get caught, arrested and brought to jail (rabbithole) for the day. Sure, in this case The Empire is seen as the “baddy”, but again, there is very little reason - unless indeed a political one - not to give the player something more challenging for their mean, evil or mischievous sims in any Sims4 world.

It’s already in the code and I’m sure it would make gameplay a lot more appealing to many simmers (who want absolutely nothing to do with JtB 😇).

Wow i didn't know about this! Why is the game missing the evil part of life for so long, yet this specific pack can have it?
    But i hope, when they add some burglar/crime/justice content it's not related to a story-based pack. Please make it a system that can be used in a sandbox style...
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    This is so backwards isnt there a police active job in get to work??? Should already be in the game??
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    sorry but i have to disagree i like the sims4 the way it is and would not went to see this feature in the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    sorry but i have to disagree i like the sims4 the way it is and would not went to see this feature in the game

you say that in almost every thread so I guess you must be neutral to the idea
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    This is so backwards isnt there a police active job in get to work??? Should already be in the game??

better late then never
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2021
    Its amazing in the Criminal career there are literally no consequences. (Then again this game is seemingly allergic to any consequences) I'd love it if there was a chance that criminal sims could get arrested and as a result they dont come home for like a few days. Perhaps they could pay bail in order to get out quicker or opt to do some community service orrrrrr....if they have high enough charisma they can bribe someone for early release as well as not having to worry about cops knocking on their door for a little while.
    I love the community service idea @InuMiroLover
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member

you say that in almost every thread so I guess you must be neutral to the idea

i am neutral to the idea you guess it
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2021
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    That would be interesting! It could be like in the Sims Medieval where they are released after a few hours.

Although maybe a week. Again Planning a prison break out of prison would be cool too.
    or make a Phone call and getting bailed out. to shorten the time.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

The nice thing about it is, if you didn't want it in your game, it wouldn't have to be there if you only played "good, upstanding" sim characters. But, this would be a great option for those players who do play a less nice game or that like a little more realism in their games.

MasonGamer wrote: »
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    That would be interesting! It could be like in the Sims Medieval where they are released after a few hours.

Although maybe a week. Again Planning a prison break out of prison would be cool too.
    or make a Phone call and getting bailed out. to shorten the time.

a prison break would be fun
    I think people would be more likely to play the criminal careers if they could get arrested
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think people would be more likely to play the criminal careers if they could get arrested

Hence why the criminal is the only career i havent touched in the sims 4, at the very least any sims working in criminal career track should have their reputation red.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »

Hence why the criminal is the only career i havent touched in the sims 4, at the very least any sims working in criminal career track should have their reputation red.

I agree thats a wonderful idea @izecson I hope the gurus see this thread so they could use some of these ideas if not in sims 4 then in then 5 but hopfuly 4
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes yes yesss would love a police/crime system of some sort. I agree being bad feels kind of pointless with no consequences.

Although I would really like some bad things for sims to do. It's hard to commit a crime, when there're are no crimes to commit.
    None of it truly warrants Jail time, Somethings aren't worth stealing.
    Stealing, you basically get a pop on the hand.

I've tried creating Pirates, Thieves, Assassins, Tyrants. It's Hard to be bad.
    I want my Evil Sims to be ruthless, Spiteful, Vindictive, We have Fear now, I want to give my other sims a reason to Fear My other Sims, for them to be cruel, and wicked. why is it that we have so many friendly interactions and not many Evil/Mean.

Lol yeah I agree. Even if we got cops what the heck would they jail sims for?😅😅 I have a lot of evil vampire sims who just can't really be all that mean or evil.... definitely would like more options in that respect.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Yes yes yesss would love a police/crime system of some sort. I agree being bad feels kind of pointless with no consequences.

Although I would really like some bad things for sims to do. It's hard to commit a crime, when there're are no crimes to commit.
    None of it truly warrants Jail time, Somethings aren't worth stealing.
    Stealing, you basically get a pop on the hand.

I've tried creating Pirates, Thieves, Assassins, Tyrants. It's Hard to be bad.
    I want my Evil Sims to be ruthless, Spiteful, Vindictive, We have Fear now, I want to give my other sims a reason to Fear My other Sims, for them to be cruel, and wicked. why is it that we have so many friendly interactions and not many Evil/Mean.

Lol yeah I agree. Even if we got cops what the heck would they jail sims for?😅😅 I have a lot of evil vampire sims who just can't really be all that mean or evil.... definitely would like more options in that respect.

more options are always good

yes there is and yes it should @StrawberryYogurt
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    Its amazing in the Criminal career there are literally no consequences. (Then again this game is seemingly allergic to any consequences) I'd love it if there was a chance that criminal sims could get arrested and as a result they dont come home for like a few days. Perhaps they could pay bail in order to get out quicker or opt to do some community service orrrrrr....if they have high enough charisma they can bribe someone for early release as well as not having to worry about cops knocking on their door for a little while.

Yeah, I would have liked to see crimes cause the character to be flagged and possibly trigger a pop-up that the police have caught up with them or something. Give a couple of options to try and change the outcome. Weight some skills like Mischief and Charisma to influence outcomes.
    Kerrigan wrote: »

Yeah, I would have liked to see crimes cause the character to be flagged and possibly trigger a pop-up that the police have caught up with them or something. Give a couple of options to try and change the outcome. Weight some skills like Mischief and Charisma to influence outcomes.

even better if that was a thing I would also like if sims could be a Criminal master mind like they joke about but it would make your
    sims less likely to go to jail and be able to do group crime @Kerrigan
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I think it seems a little too late for EA to do an overhaul on the criminal career and the justice system (or lack thereof) in the Sims 4. But it would have been nice if the robbers return, and if there are higher chances of a criminal sim getting arrested. Teens out after curfew could get taken home, like in Sims 2 and Sims 3. Oh, and there should also be stronger consequences for stealing (the other sim catches the klepto in and calls the cops).

I don't know from what I've seen it looks like the game may have two more years and its not like they have to add any new animations to the game all they need is already there @DeafSimmer
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If there were burglars in TS4 (are there now?) the Sim would just want to hug them so what is the point. These Sims' lives are way too perfect. I think Maxis likes that way. I mean when did stealing become ok. I must be from Mars.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want sims to go to jail like you can't play them for a full day or 48 hours and they come out with a moodlet.