Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simple things we miss from previous The Sims games

Β«1
SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
Sometimes I miss funny or functional things or some simple functionalities from previous series. I am wondering if you have some objects/interactions which you miss from previous The Sims games if yes, feel free to share here. But plese lets talk about small thigns this time, not improvements like colorwheel or open world.

My examples from The Sims 1:

Dancing Cage:
61HST7611CL._SX466_.jpg

Catwalk:
Fashion_Runway.jpg

Recording Studio:
hqdefault.jpg
000011s15.jpg

Romance interactions in restaurants:
ac7egq3f5bl21.jpg

This iconic bed :D

tumblr_ncv3iz6rZH1t15lm6o1_250.png

Bonehielda:
latest?cb=20190907232038

Spiral staircase
Elevators

The Sims 2 (unique, because spiral staircases or elevators are in TS1):

- ponds
- splited swatches for bed and bedding
- Possibility to claim a room in a university dorm
- Possibility to have a buisness into the house
- Possibility to built your own hotel/apartment
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    The make out on bed option and sims cuddling while they sleep. (These are part of only a small handful of screen shots I have saved from my TS3 days)

nQ6i7pR.png

W1hdjNa.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2020
    show magic
    5533_hwobm9a4pbpgck0ah580.jpg
    the_sims_makin__magic_spook_show_stage.jpg
    magicianboxofmystery.gif

dragons
    dragonscales.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg

couple dancing

1277977836_mm.jpg
    (ok thats not fair since its pack art and it probably was not that epic in game but it has all the vibes i am looking for so i felt need to share)
    hqdefault.jpg

this is how we had it last time in ts3

bonus: the... umm whatever this is urbz...
    CY49o4bUEAAFoMw.jpg
    urbz interactions in general i suppose :lol:

was thinking of this though
    the_urbz_sims_conceptart_wS5pv.jpg
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @Sthenastia - It would be nice to have all of those Sims 1 things. They'd be fun.

I would like for us to, once again, have
    • the Sims 3 skill journal (that encouraged continuing skills after level 10)
    • nectar making
    • the Sims 3 showtime careers (singing, magic, and being an acrobat)
    • prom
    • bands
    • ballet from Sims 2
    • small pets
    • group activities (catch, mary mack, marco polo ...)
    • picnics
    • option for private schools
    • Sims 3 seasons festivals
    • Sims 2 ticketing machine
    • hobbies/interests
    • ability to buy real estate in the Sims 3
    • tree house/children playing dress up
    • ice sculpting
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    This is a small simple thing I don't often if ever see mentioned, but I miss so much the sewing machine from S2. I enjoyed having my stay-at-home moms make their kids clothes. The knitting pack is cool, I enjoy having my sim knit her kids and husband sweaters, but it doesn't go far enough. I'm sure this is so obscure most people have probably forgotten it existed, haha, but I do miss it.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited December 2020
    I want this stuff that we had in prior iterations (some with more to it though):

Couple cuddles in bed, couples dancing. Watching tv while cuddling.
    Daydreaming and reading in bed.
    Bands. I hope there is a pack dedicated to it. I want it to be good and in depth.
    A plastic surgery machine where facial features (and add in body sculpting) can be changed (without a cheat). We had that reward in Sims 2.. something like that that we can make an office with in world to use (or put it in my mad science labs).
    More creepy feeling stuff.. I miss the sounds from sims one, bonehilda also. I know we can go and get the skeletons from JA but it's not the same. Great picture @Simmingal. I'd like my sims to get scared, not tense and show it.
    Cars Sims 2 style, fixing them up, have them in the driveway or garage, woohoo in them, different styles then just pull out of the driveway and vanish.
    I know we would probably never get it but I'd love landlines with some old fashioned options for phones. The ability to turn off the cell?
    ... along with that a typewriter. I sometimes make really old fashioned sims and would love the option.
    The ability to write on paper.. a book or letters. Then walk the letter to the mailbox. I know we have the teen journal but more than that, reused animations for it would be fine with me.
    A juicer for fruits and veggies with good benefits, maybe even as satisfying as a meal with health benefits or other benefits.
    Jam making (and jelly making).
    Wine making (not really using the fizzy drink maker much).
    The ability to click on my sims and just tell them to clean.. I think we had something called cleaning frenzy in Sims 2. I'd like it to be across the board. I know we can make other sims clean with ray guns or magic but I'd like to click on my sim and just tell them to do it so I don't have to wonder if they got every plate ect.
    I'd love to have those really tacky love heart beds (vibrating) and lip couches again too. Gotta make a proper no-tell motel.
    Better babies... baths and crawling and strollers.
    The return of the social worker instead of vanishing babies and kids.

More:
    Giving thumbs up to group activities and more hobbies (basically any kind). Kids doing stuff that is more like free range playing.
    Martial Arts... I want more than what came with Strangerville.
    I also want some sort of sewing option @FatTribble23. Would love a sewing machine and a career. We've had fashion design before right?
    I never played with the imaginary friend in Sims3 and I hear a lot hated it but it sounds great to me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Definitely more crafting - give me all of it! My sims do not have enough to do yet! I miss the variations I had in S2, and the sound of some of the things in S3...and I so miss S1, that had so many crafting things I don't even think I explored them all lol. More sports too, there just isn't enough of...well...anything in the game lol.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wow that ts1 stuff was cool! Never played that one. Would love to have all those things.
    I would personally love to have EVERYTHING back from older games just because why not? The more the better.😁

But the simplest things I miss are tag, slow dance, cuddle in bed, Mary mack, jumping on bed or chairs, toddler strollers, playpens (not the bright colorful fences) and my favorite interaction no one mentions from ts3. "Vow to protect"
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    There are so many things from TS3 I miss, too many to list.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    One thing I DON'T miss from the Sims 3 is the randomly generated pregnancy outfits and the inability to edit them (I'm sure there was some kind of mod or CC for it, but I was always so frustrated that it wasn't part of the game
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2020
    Sims cuddling on couches or in bed, slow dancing, snow depth and babies being real sims.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Decent snowball and water balloon fights, kids games/playing together, kicky ball, slow dancing and better romance options, humor, memories, wants/fears, details, cars, teaching toddlers to walk, personalities, and much much more!
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    A lot of things mentioned above, but also the ability to buy groceries and clothes (retail system in TS4 is not the same).
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2020
    Newspapers, landline phones, aspiration failures, bed activities, and baby life stage (non-object).
    β€œAlthough the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited December 2020
    A lot of things I miss are already mentioned here. Some have not

- groceries and fridges that actually have to be stocked (sims 2)
    - walking around with babies (sims 2 and 3)
    - giving baby baths (sims 2)
    - getting baby bottles from the fridge and having to clean up empty baby bottles and dirty diapers (sims 2)
    - pool slides (sims 1, 2 and 3)
    - sims open drawers on kitchen counters, doors of dressers, car doors (sims 2)
    - normal sized telescopes (sims 1, 2 and 3)
    - pet dragons (sims 1 and 3)
    - sims crawling to each other in bed and sleeping with arms around the other sim (sims 2)
    - one central npc for cures for all supernaturals from all packs (gipsy in sims 2 nightlife was updated with each pack)
    - the hourglass reward from the aspiration reward store (sims 2). I forgot the exact name but what I liked was the option to add or take away days from the sims lifespan, not completely resetting it
    - sims children playing together without toys. Just click on the other child and play red hands, tag,... (sims 2)
    - 2 separate swatches for furniture, for example choose sheets and bed frames separately, or counter tops and doors,.. (sims 2)
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I honestly miss everything from previous games, I love Sims 4 but if it had a bigger engine and base game we could have so much more.

Something I miss is The Sims Lore, Sims 2 and some of the worlds in Sims 3 had amazing Lore that came with iconic sims. I don’t mind that the Sims 4 is in a Alternate Universe, I kinda wish a bit more could of been done with it, as is it seems like a lazy way to give us a few of our old favorites.

I felt sims in past games had more personality, I miss feeling like got to know my sims as I was playing them. I also miss the crazy things that the game would put in that screams SIMS!

I also miss the color wheel (and hate it took six years for a skin overall) I also hate that teens and kids don’t have as many after school clubs.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Going to the park and being able to buy food and drink from the stalls and not having to pay 100 simloaneons to hire someone to buy a cup of coffee or tea
  • Options
    hqdefault.jpg

this fancy way for our elders to leave the realm
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Open worlds from Sims 3.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    The all in one bathroom from Sims 3, I just liked it a lot. The og "one tile bathroom challenge".
    original.jpg

The photo booth: (still not sure why we don't have this?)
    340?cb=20120401061418

Plumbots and plumbot creation: (I know we have a version of these in 4 but they are just not good in my opinion. The Sims 3 equivalent was infinitely better.)
    file_61928_the-sims-3-into-the-future_001.jpg

Spiral Staircases + Functional Placeable Elevators:
    728?cb=20181230150325

• Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Read on bed option, and photobooths. As well as literally all of the things listed above. Oh, and the "Hangout" option with friends, where teen sims would just sit on the ground in a circle and have a chat - I really miss that one.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The story album feature from Sims 1 and 2. EA mightve forgotten it but I haven't!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    asimbsim wrote: Β»
    Read on bed option, and photobooths. As well as literally all of the things listed above. Oh, and the "Hangout" option with friends, where teen sims would just sit on the ground in a circle and have a chat - I really miss that one.

omg yaaas especially sitting on floors, grass etc without needing to place any furnitures I wish

these days when my sim kneels on the floor cause they fail to get seat i just go yaaaas floor sitting and it ain't even same :weary:
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Bunk beds. :/
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Hopscotch, play tag
    ihavemultiplegamertags