Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Aging Style do you Use?

Which Aging Style do you Use? 103 votes

Aging On
34%
GoldmoldarPlayerSinger2010nualla8673haneulWyrrenNRowefruitsbasket101alanmichael1PegasysKhrisstyneFroilrambahadoerSimmerMarsWaytoomanyUIDstexxx78RedDestiny92Colton147147TamakiSakura84PhillipaErdnussNorthDakotaGamer 36 votes
Aging Off
40%
auroraael14JueJuesennawalesLavasm77simgirl1010friendlysimmersluthienrisingemluckysunshinetaydevbluelightingBabykittyjadeSelinaKylesannaliese39BMSOaquabluefoxMarkwilsonOldeseadoggeTriplisSheriSim57MDianaSims 42 votes
Aging for Active Household Only
24%
CK213jeLlyBeAn1573CamkatAlrynnTheSpotted_CIsb917babajayneelanorbretonAJD2PinkSugar81deedles64SimsChica2013garapoesFlapshinys212musteniSimtown15Pamtastic72calaprfyMadachan88 25 votes

Comments

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I used to play with aging on for everyone, but after playing TS2, I discovered that I much prefer to have only the active household age. That way, I can spend a lot of time with each household in the neighborhood before the sims age up. (I like to play entire neighborhoods with 10+ households, so even long lifespan is too short for me.)
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I used to play with aging on for everyone, but after playing TS2, I discovered that I much prefer to have only the active household age. That way, I can spend a lot of time with each household in the neighborhood before the sims age up. (I like to play entire neighborhoods with 10+ households, so even long lifespan is too short for me.)

Same exactly.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Aging Off
    I age up manually when I want to but often I like to have my families stay the same age for a long time. I put so much work into creating a variety of families that I want to enjoy them before they all die or grow up
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Aging On
    I have aging on most of the time, but I stop it when my Sims are at university or in Batuu.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Aging On
    I only play one household per file, as I can not play multiple.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It depends on my save game and what I'm trying to do, or if I'm doing a challenge that might say otherwise, but I mostly keep it to just the active household aging on. Everyone else can age when I am ready to have them age. I also don't like random generated single sims once all of the families die out or empty homes in other neighbourhoods because the game only fills them in the neighbourhood that you're currently living in when you play with full aging on.

I can't say I really ever use aging off for anything though. The longest lifespan is usually more than enough time for me to get everything done with a sim or family that I was trying to get done.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited December 2020
    Aging On
    For this save, anyway. It used to be off, but I didn’t like my second-gen Sims going to school with my first-gen Sims’ old classmates, and aging them all up manually would be annoying.

(It might as well be off, though, with my lifespan settings...)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I play rotationally and have aging on permanently for NPCs.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    edited December 2020
    Aging Off
    Aging off on 2 saves, aging on in the 3rd. In the save with aging on, it's for everyone--no one escapes the sands of time in that one lol
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2020
    Aging Off
    I tried playing with aging once, and I got annoyed every time someone aged up and got the most hideous game generated outfits, hair, and accessories. So now I do it manually so I don't have to spend literally all my game playing going in to edit families so they don't look like freaks lol.

And by manually, I usually just age up babies to toddlers and edit them. most of my other sims stay untouched for the most part. Maybe one day I will slowly age up my world and make way for a new generation
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Aging On
    and/but with a custom age length (between normal and long) thanks to MCCC
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Aging Off
    It varies. With my Ultimate Sim saves, it's off for everyone, though I do put it on for like 3 days to age up NPC babies. On regular saves, it's aging on for everyone. With some saves, I've had it on for individuals, off for others - so yeah, it widely varies lol.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Aging Off
    I've tried it a few different ways. Mostly I end up back at aging off. Would be nice if there was another option that's like "auto age unplayed sims you don't have much of a relationship with" or something. Like I don't necessarily want the sims I'm using / interacting with most to age, but I'm usually fine with other sims aging.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    At least in my main save, because I play rotationally and want to be there for my sims' birthdays. I have played with aging on for everyone but only when I was just playing one household.
    I wish we had an option for aging in the current world only. I'd like to solve the Strangerville mystery and have those premades age with me and then move to Sulani and still have those premades in their original stage. But I don't think there's a way to do that.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Aging On
    If I'm playing rotationally, it's aging on for active family only, except at the end of the rotation, then aging on for everyone so the townies can age up.

If I'm playing legacy-style (which I am lately), it's aging on for everyone.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Household only for my rotational save.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    Aging On
    Aging on, but ...

When I start with a new sim, I keep aging on until they're about halfway through the YA stage. Then I turn aging off for everyone while they continue to build skills, advance careers, make a few close friends, and most importantly, date a few different people until I decide on their mate. Then when they've found their lifemate and I'm ready for them to start having kids, it's aging back on for everyone and it stays on until I get bored with the generational play and start over again. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Aging Off
    Amendment to my previous statement: by aging on for everyone, I mean active household only for played, and townies. Had a Sims 2 moment there...now with additional townie aging! It's never on the actual setting age everyone or whatever it is...just active household and age nonplayed lol.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Aging Off
    Aging off more fun playing with aging fully turn off in my case as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Aging Off
    I mostly play with aging off, but for some house holds I may turn on active household at times, and aging for townies occasionally. I play mainly rotationally. So it kind of varies.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I seem to be playing with a mixture of all of these, but most played with is aging on via custom age stands a-la MCCC.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Aging On
    The Sims 4 doesn't really have any built in Lore so I start with aging off and get Sims I plan on playing regularly to where I think they should be - then I turn aging on. I also utilize Supernatural sims to drive the story. There is always a supreme mage that I might have go around to certain sims and give a potion of rejuvenation. There are also vampire sims that will convert sims I feel would be desperate not to die and that have something to offer the undead lords and ladies.

My latest save is creating the most attractive townie sims I've ever seen! So I may leave aging off for a while to enjoy the awesome roll of the luck dice. My last two saves before this had mostly terrible looking sims.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I play a mixture of styles. All my sims are on long lifespans, and the way I put the aging is due to my save files. I have about 5 different save files, with different goals for each one. If I have four families that are expecting a baby at the same time, I will put aging on, so I only have to focus on one family until their baby is born. Since I tend to have my sims have babies at the same time, all the babies are born at once. I turn aging off after that.
    For a short time, I put aging on for only the active household. Since I had more than 10 families, it ended up messing up my plans, and created scenarios for families I did not want to happen. I also have get to work, and aging of the active household kind of made it hard to attend work with the sim I needed to at the time.
    With so man families, I turned aging off, so I can hopefully focus on each family, and get them to a point in their lives.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Unless they're at university, aging is always on for my active households. I turn aging on and off for non-played sims based on what I want/need to happen in my game.