Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Platform Ideas

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,387 Member
    I absolutely love it, But I thought the platforms were solid??? how did you manage to get a working kitchen underneath??

The sim bed is on the second floor. The pet bed and the couches are on the platform. :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    @Simmingal - is that couch crooked
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited November 2020

Which one are we talking about? :joy:
    I suppose this get to work sofa i used in landgraab build could look crooked
    seating.jpg

black and white sofa is moschino also not very symmetrical

and the apartment "sofa" is diner seats from dine out

don't think i used any other sofa/couch type objects
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

seating.jpg

The one after "now after we stop wandering hallways and get back to the main hallway we will enter living room/dining/kitchen... in that order", the 2nd picture.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

seating.jpg

The one after "now after we stop wandering hallways and get back to the main hallway we will enter living room/dining/kitchen... in that order", the 2nd picture.

yeah thats get to work sofa and moschino black and white sofa both quite asymmetrical by design

they are straight on the tiles if that is what you mean though
  • Options
    I have yet to start playing with the levels. Having way too much fun in the snow.
  • Options
    I did notice in the video I watched, prior to the patch release, they advised that you can only put the platforms one level high, any slight increase on that, and you will need stairs/platform steps.

its actually quite glitchy too because i have sims sometimes randomly routing onto height 2 or 3 platforms too without stairs or jumping off platforms before they get to the stairs

and some stairs have that void of horror under them and become unuseable if they are next to walls and idk what causes that
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,682 Member
    I did notice in the video I watched, prior to the patch release, they advised that you can only put the platforms one level high, any slight increase on that, and you will need stairs/platform steps.

its actually quite glitchy too because i have sims sometimes randomly routing onto height 2 or 3 platforms too without stairs or jumping off platforms before they get to the stairs

and some stairs have that void of horror under them and become unuseable if they are next to walls and idk what causes that

I learned that when you get an error, it is often possible to do exactly what you want, but you will need to add the elements in another order. Like when I was pulling the foundation to meet the platform it got red lines and can't be done. Moving the platform towards the foundation did not work, either. But - moving the platform element away, drop it on the ground elsewhere. Then moving it back to the desired position connecting the foundation and the other platform items, it worked like a charm! The building was built ages ago though. there might be some conflicting with old+new techniques, might work better when starting with a new empty lot.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,128 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Once again seeing lots of great ideas :)
    A platformed bay window seat.

I LOVE this. I have often done the bay window seats in my builds, but I didn't think to use a platform for it! Looks great.

I just experienced a premade platform fail in one of the homes in Mt Komorebi. I moved a new guy into one of the houses, but he couldn't get in. I quickly discovered that the platform was too high for him to step up to, so I had to add a smaller platform to act as a step.

Yeah, but they built it, not I. You'd think they would catch that before release....
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I have yet to start playing with the levels. Having way too much fun in the snow.

Similar here. Modifying existing houses would be hard, and I'm waiting for the htfix to load my main save.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I am enjoying using the platforms but there is a learning curve. If you build the room first and then add a platform the walls come down. If you start with a platform and then build a room around if form some bizarre reason when I enclose the room the platform jumps up 4 levels in the air and deletes your bathtub, and I have to bring it all back down again. putting a platform next to another platform automatically connects it if they are the same height with no option to un-connect so I have to build it off to the side and move it. I think I am getting the hang of it and I am sure it has to do with the way the walls and platforms interact but I wish it a little more intuitive.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    I am enjoying using the platforms but there is a learning curve. If you build the room first and then add a platform the walls come down. If you start with a platform and then build a room around if form some bizarre reason when I enclose the room the platform jumps up 4 levels in the air and deletes your bathtub, and I have to bring it all back down again. putting a platform next to another platform automatically connects it if they are the same height with no option to un-connect so I have to build it off to the side and move it. I think I am getting the hang of it and I am sure it has to do with the way the walls and platforms interact but I wish it a little more intuitive.

easiest way which i saw gamechanger use is to build a room shaped like platform you want to create and then raise platform of that room and delete any walls you didn't want

but you cant really do that with curved platform cause we dont have curved rooms
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Here's my personal library:

1UVdJWr.png
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    edited November 2020
    I had to rebuild this NOCC lounge for my famous sims to hold their award shows in, so i decided to went all the way and used a lot of platforms. First the round stage platform, but I am waiting for a fix on that since the medium size round platform is the same size as the small one and I think this one is a bit too big.

15-11-20-18-53-37.png
    15-11-20-18-53-28.png

Then I used platforms for all the seating areas on the main floor as well as the first floor on the balcony. I also used different platforms for the bar and VIP seating area.
    Still needs some work though.

However, there are way too many bugs. The weird shadow on my round platform, ceilings disappearing after placing platforms, platforms being unable to edit/delete all of a sudden, platforms on the opposite side have trouble placing objects on like stairs or floor lights etc.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I had to rebuild this NOCC lounge for my famous sims to hold their award shows in, so i decided to went all the way and used a lot of platforms. First the round stage platform, but I am waiting for a fix on that since the medium size round platform is the same size as the small one and I think this one is a bit too big.

15-11-20-18-53-37.png
    15-11-20-18-53-28.png

Then I used platforms for all the seating areas on the main floor as well as the first floor on the balcony. I also used different platforms for the bar and VIP seating area.

However, there are way too many bugs. The weird shadow on my round platform, ceilings disappearing after placing platforms, platforms being unable to edit/delete all of a sudden, platforms on the opposite side have trouble placing objects on like stairs or floor lights etc.

Can you put this on the gallery? I would love to use it!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,682 Member

15-11-20-18-53-37.png
    15-11-20-18-53-28.png

Love this! I was thinking of using the platforms to form different heights when photographing a large group of sims. But didn't realize it would be cool for steeper seating. I might try this at my main cultural venue - just wanted to ask whether you tested your seats, is there enough room for sims to get seated or do you use it more for environment/decor? I think there is room for some space between the rows at the arena I have in mind, so will do some adjustments anyway, thanks!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That stepped seating would also be great to make a cinema.
  • Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    I modified my library and turned it into a museum.

d3Qd7vU.png

I also added a Frog Terrarium display that I plan on expanding. The kitchen counters can't accommodate these terrariums efficiently, so the platform is the best option currently.

oqMZbox.png
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Do I have to make a certain amount of posts before I'm allowed to post photos?
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Ok yeah, just saw the member rules. Making this a separate post so I can become a member and share my builds. Everyone's ideas are so inspiring! I love seeing what the Sims community comes up with!
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

I wanted to see how high I could raise my holiday tree so it could be seen better through the window. 2 Sims can decorate a tree together with it raised just once.

bzGGhFE.png

2 Sims can't decorate it if I raise it a second time, but surprisingly, 1 sim can decorate it this way.

GoWAj9S.png

And then I found out that 2 sims can extinguish a fire on a platform they can't reach normally.

xMWITDc.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Wow great ideas in this thread!! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top