Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Platform Ideas

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member

Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous. Do you know if it is available on the gallery to download??
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    A house I'm working on...
    Living/Kitchen. They're in the lowered kitchen area at the island with the living area behind. I raised the fireplace to make it more of a focal point.
    Bbo3cff.png

Lowered kotatsu table with tea nook
    r8WBDJ4.png

Bathroom with sunken shower
    wRai9eU.png

Child's bedroom with a raised bed
    5KKfXm4.png

And my toddler's room with play area
    LIV2YiV.png

HTehezx.png

Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    A house I'm working on...
    Living/Kitchen. They're in the lowered kitchen area at the island with the living area behind. I raised the fireplace to make it more of a focal point.
    Bbo3cff.png

Lowered kotatsu table with tea nook
    r8WBDJ4.png

Bathroom with sunken shower
    wRai9eU.png

Child's bedroom with a raised bed
    5KKfXm4.png

And my toddler's room with play area
    LIV2YiV.png

HTehezx.png

Love the raised play area! That's a fantastic idea to break it up like that!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,051 Member
    edited November 2020
    Aight I made this almost evilly modern and bright home for landgraabs and went a little platform crazy so I'll share it here too
    Outside:
    Xut6Znt.png
    DOVNfg5.png
    UMl2FHC.png
    SVRGAi0.png
    I was very lost as to how to roof this after building insides
    so I just went very squarey with random platforms and stuff
    idk what to do about that :joy:
    but I like the platform steps in front so that is something

Inside:
    Layout of first floor:
    ShkvMj2.png
    entry way with shoes from which there is close access to small split level laundry/dressing room,
    (without machines cause I still don't have the pack <:D)
    w2Gaq2c.png
    74dMGMa.png
    and ultimately to master bedroom with small platform for bed cause idk its just more fun
    s2MfuEY.png
    on the opposing side to the laundry accessed from the front door there is this little split level bathroom
    VI3VnjN.png
    QAW5OM7.png
    0G5GL8b.png
    then when we go down the main hallway there is also another bigger hallway
    (with a little step down} to the bedroom earlier and an office
    RU2XDrg.png
    office being just normal office that looks friendly and all but it's actually used by nancy for her evil schemes :smirk:
    oh yes... eco friendly... so transparent.. you'll surely trust our company...
    5tfa2hP.png
    now after we stop wandering hallways and get back to the main hallway we will enter living room/dining/kitchen... in that order
    6O8TmyN.png
    N2ks5WT.png
    this is the area I built first cause I really wanted that 3 heights area
    I put stairs down the hallway to the living room (that is actually foundation level)
    I added little platform to heighten the display cases so they align with ceiling and look little neater with half wall hiding the case itself
    I added a little platform for fireplace
    and I added some height for dining room and kitchen
    GG3bRgB.png
    hf7phTj.png
    for upstairs that is when I was starting to get tired with the build
    cause i realized the roofing is going to be a mess
    so I just did whatever and ended up with 2 cubey big bedrooms, mini bathroom, walk in closets
    and a very intimidating game room
    IXUM7hA.png
    I did however raise the beds on platform again and added the fun wall things from moschino
    cause I've been wanting to use those for modern home for a while (*cough hunger games cough*)
    but I didn't really have chance yet
    B9nlAEX.png
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options

Thank you so much. I don't have any CC but hoping I can still get the basics of the build. It looks amazing!! I love the sunken kitchen with the floating bedroom above.
    :)
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    Not the most creative use of platforms ever, but i finally managed to make the stage room from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" 😛
    pPlFDlb.pngyhfpqGU.png
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

I added a sauna to JT's rental house (I widened the skinny hallway that connects the two sides)

Jp9tMub.png

V30hmql.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Little shower stall in a Tiny Residential
    11-14-20_8-55-07%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

A simple stage for the GF awards
    11-14-20_8-56-10%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

• Options
    So... looked closer at Pierisim's build and I couldn't find a bathroom so I created my own one. Probably not as good but I loved the idea of it too much to let it go.
    :)
  • Options
    Hi @PriestessBizarre. I think some users might have trouble viewing the Twitter posts. It also used to happen when I did the Sim Guru Tweets thread. Not really sure why it's not visible to all.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Once again seeing lots of great ideas :)

I've got one myself this time:
    9da4f9f1e90b329a70829b4348c7e0bd53c3494c.jpg
    A platformed bay window seat.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I just experienced a premade platform fail in one of the homes in Mt Komorebi. I moved a new guy into one of the houses, but he couldn't get in. I quickly discovered that the platform was too high for him to step up to, so I had to add a smaller platform to act as a step.
  • Options
    I just experienced a premade platform fail in one of the homes in Mt Komorebi. I moved a new guy into one of the houses, but he couldn't get in. I quickly discovered that the platform was too high for him to step up to, so I had to add a smaller platform to act as a step.

Which lot is it?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    With platforms, I was finally able to build an elevated platform for the captain’s chair on the Enterprise.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member

Which lot is it?

The lot no longer has the original name since I've moved someone in. But in world view, it's on the right-hand side, 20x15, 1 bedroom/1 bath
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,698 Member
    edited November 2020
    Just had to try this... it's from my Church of Similius crypt, but I have no idea who are resting there... I'll create a few larger family graves on mu cemeteries, too. I wish we had black simple platform texture...

20201116i.jpg

I also love that we can now place potted plants and lanterns and what-not on the steps of platform stairs :)
    20201116h.jpg

More pictures on my blog.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Finally took some shots of how i have been using platforms.

This is all the same lot, a fitness center i decided to build on that 50x50 on the mountain in Mt. Komorebi. Gotta say i am loving platforms and what they add even if they are a little buggy.
    11-16-20_3-10-41_AM.png
    11-16-20_3-11-01_AM.png
    11-16-20_3-11-26_AM.png
    11-16-20_3-11-43_AM.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,051 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »

This is all the same lot, a fitness center i decided to build on that 50x50 on the mountain in Mt. Komorebi. Gotta say i am loving platforms and what they add even if they are a little buggy.

ooooo now that is genius use of lot
    all the sports at same place

and looks so cool too with platforms and all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    It's the small details that really makes a difference sometimes:
    XYY97wD.png
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Decided it would be easier to try building a house and use the new platforms rather than trying to add them to an existing build. So far I've finished the kitchen/dining room with a platform and the bathroom.

Zv12fU1.png

Going to try @Aine's fireplace idea in the master bedroom. :)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I absolutely love it, But I thought the platforms were solid??? how did you manage to get a working kitchen underneath??

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top