Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    So.....I did order myself a toy to go along with the pack and because I love Star Wars and Gremlins and papillon dogs. Big ears are adorable to me.
    81o5JaJv0-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Probably silly of me to buy a toy that cost as much as the pack, but this year has been tough and nice to have things like Star Wars to make me happy and remind me of family and childhood. After sharing that firefighter video too, makes me think of the hard work they do as well.

so cute
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Awww, @Scobre , it is so cute <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    @Scobre Isn't the Child adorable. I do wish the Mattel one had feet though, but ah well.

Remember, he likes chiccky nuggies and choccy milk, and try not to feed him after midnight. I think pages and pages back now, I posted a picture of mine with the chiccky nuggies were were eating that day.

Finished Fallen Order today, and Merrin's story kinda put me into a 100 baby challenge (with modifications) save, so I guess I'm headed down that rabbit hole. Hope there's enough Zabraks in Batuu to get a family started.

Speaking of Fallen Order, I was kind of let down by that game. It's beautiful, and I love being able to customize lightsabers (and colors. Cyan and purple are my favorites) but ...
    once I beat Darth Vader and flee the Fortress Inquisitoris and get back on the ship and destroy the holocron, that's it. There's absolutely no play potential after that except I sort of get reset after the credits to the last little bit before I went to the Inquisitors fortress (which I can't replay).

So that seems to kind of blow the "if someone wants to play Star Wars, there's Star Wars games out there" argument out of the water because there's afterplay in Batuu and I can do more missions. Once I finished Fallen Order, it's done. Mostly. I think I might have missed a few loot crates, so I'll have to go wander around some planets again, but I'm much happier with the more personal play in JtB)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    @Scobre Isn't the Child adorable. I do wish the Mattel one had feet though, but ah well.

Remember, he likes chiccky nuggies and choccy milk, and try not to feed him after midnight. I think pages and pages back now, I posted a picture of mine with the chiccky nuggies were were eating that day.

Finished Fallen Order today, and Merrin's story kinda put me into a 100 baby challenge (with modifications) save, so I guess I'm headed down that rabbit hole. Hope there's enough Zabraks in Batuu to get a family started.

Speaking of Fallen Order, I was kind of let down by that game. It's beautiful, and I love being able to customize lightsabers (and colors. Cyan and purple are my favorites) but ...
    once I beat Darth Vader and flee the Fortress Inquisitoris and get back on the ship and destroy the holocron, that's it. There's absolutely no play potential after that except I sort of get reset after the credits to the last little bit before I went to the Inquisitors fortress (which I can't replay).

So that seems to kind of blow the "if someone wants to play Star Wars, there's Star Wars games out there" argument out of the water because there's afterplay in Batuu and I can do more missions. Once I finished Fallen Order, it's done. Mostly. I think I might have missed a few loot crates, so I'll have to go wander around some planets again, but I'm much happier with the more personal play in JtB)
    I heard he likes eating alien frogs too. That is adorable. Oh I heard good things about Fallen Order, sorry it was a letdown to you. There is a Star Wars Squadron game coming out that is published by EA. I am trying the beta of the new EA Desktop and liking the UI of it so far, it is more optimized than Origin. Just finding out I have to install my Sims game through it again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »

I heard he likes eating alien frogs too. That is adorable. Oh I heard good things about Fallen Order, sorry it was a letdown to you. There is a Star Wars Squadron game coming out that is published by EA. I am trying the beta of the new EA Desktop and liking the UI of it so far, it is more optimized than Origin. Just finding out I have to install my Sims game through it again.

Don't get me wrong, Fallen Order was enjoyable, and I did like playing it because I like to flail around happily with a lightsaber.
    And those zombie Nightsisters freaked me out. I spent most of the two times I was on Dathomir screaming AHHHHHH. I thought nothing could have been scarier than when they were in Rebels, but I was wrong. They're frightening when they're going for Cal.

But it's really scripted, and the ending is feels like it was more from the KOTOR era of gaming where it just ended, and that was it. (Glad I didn't pay full price for it, that's for sure) Hopefully the sequel in a few years will have post-game play. Have you seen the trailer thing they put out last week for Squadrons. That mini movie? It's beautiful. I think I've established in Battlefront II that I'm not cut out to be a TIE pilot, so I'll be aiming to fly with the Rogues if I can. I heard Wedge was in it, so I'm hoping my boys Hobbie and Wes will be too.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    So.....I did order myself a toy to go along with the pack and because I love Star Wars and Gremlins and papillon dogs. Big ears are adorable to me.

Probably silly of me to buy a toy that cost as much as the pack, but this year has been tough and nice to have things like Star Wars to make me happy and remind me of family and childhood. After sharing that firefighter video too, makes me think of the hard work they do as well.

Yay, you got one! Everyone should have this little guy, he brings joy into the home. ❤️

I got one of those right after the pack came out and a smaller one too, that makes noises.

I'm on another crazy Star Wars kick because of this pack and it has reignited the happiness I feel about the SW franchise. I'm thinking of getting a remote control BB-8 to bother my cats, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

I'm on another crazy Star Wars kick because of this pack and it has reignited the happiness I feel about the SW franchise. I'm thinking of getting a remote control BB-8 to bother my cats, lol.

This pack is what brought me back to the Sims 4, :D . I was mostly playing Animal Crossing and Pokemon Shield because nothing really interested me. And then Batuu came calling and it was like "Shut up and take my Galactic Republic credits!" Like I said before, I was in a funk on SW because I missed being able to wear my plastic space armor, and this has made me feel all sorts of happy.

I'm now waiting in salivary anticipation of seeing what goodies show up on ShopDisney tomorrow from Galaxies Edge. Probably can't buy anything just yet, but Yuletide is coming in a few months. Wanna lightsaber and a droid. Can't decide to vote for Cal's, Kanan's or Ezra's lightsabers though. I think Cal's is winning though, so I might go that way.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @Scobre awww!!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited September 2020
    It seems you all went on a Star Wars shopping spree! 😂
    That’s a sweet looking fella @Scobre!
    I might get this little dude for in my car. He can sit on the passenger seat and be my co-pilot.
    B0-EDEE23-141-C-4-A09-B603-84-CFC823-FD1-E.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    you should @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    He is adorable @CAPTAIN_NXR7. I love Chewbacca too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Yay, you got one! Everyone should have this little guy, he brings joy into the home. ❤️

I got one of those right after the pack came out and a smaller one too, that makes noises.

Those robots are super cute. Yeah I realized I am a lot more loyal to the SW franchise than Sims and been a fan for longer when the pack came out. It has always been an underdog franchise that has inspired me to never give up on life even if people tell you that you can't do things sometimes.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Awww! The Child/Baby Yoda! 😀❤️👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 awww he looks awesome, how big is he? Why does he have no legs though?
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 awww he looks awesome, how big is he? Why does he have no legs though?

@elanorbreton I believe he’s one of those hallmark toys that have beans or sand for legs so they can stand upright? I could be wrong though. I don’t own any of them (yet) but the Star Wars ones are pretty hilarious.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @elanorbreton I believe he’s one of those hallmark toys that have beans or sand for legs so they can stand upright? I could be wrong though. I don’t own any of them (yet) but the Star Wars ones are pretty hilarious.
    Ah, I see! A Hallmark Itty Bitty? I see they do lots of the star wars characters in that range, but they all look rubbish except Chewy. But I think I'd quite like the 24" plush roaring Chewy, except I can't have cuddly toys anyway, alas. Allergies. All those yakky dustmites that gather in their fur.

I will settle for looking at his picture :)

24_inch_roaring_chewbacca_72513_1_.jpg

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    @halflinger if you get him wet do you get more of them? 😆 I was hiding the little Yoda in all my builds for a while.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Today I learned, "None of the Above" is a valid choice when selecting a top for your Batuu outfit. Someone forgot to tell Ty that Oga's isn't that kind of cantina. I blame the Dagobah Slug Slinger ;)

r6tBAlK.png

R4-C4 seems to be saying "I am going to pretend I don't even know who you are." Which is really something, considering he's more than happy to be an accessory to illicit data tampering. Maybe because pretending not to be with Ty is part of the job.

mtVITIO.png

Ty gives me great expressions, like this concerned side-eye in the direction of that First Order stormtrooper.

UoqQLlv.png

Totally different side to him (and, honestly, a more characteristic one) than the dedicated Kyber Temple disciple. :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    @halflinger if you get him wet do you get more of them? 😆 I was hiding the little Yoda in all my builds for a while.

Haha! Doesn't he look a lot like Gizmo from Gremlins? I'll have to revisit that movie soon. The second one had Christopher Lee in it. See? There's a connection!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @elanorbreton Roaring Chewie is brilliant! I can hear that roar loud and clear just by looking at his face. :D
    Pity you can’t have him with you because of the dust critters.
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »

Haha! Doesn't he look a lot like Gizmo from Gremlins? I'll have to revisit that movie soon. The second one had Christopher Lee in it. See? There's a connection!

Mogwai do look like a mix between Ewoks and Yoda’s species!

Gremlins is something else though! I need to revisit that film too this year. It used to be my favorite Christmas movie when I was a kid. Our attic had a similar layout as in the movie and I used to be obsessed with running upstairs and peeping through the bannister to make sure there were no slimy Gremlin cocoons up there. I also felt mildly unsettled whenever we went to the indoor swimming pool around Christmas. Probably shouldn’t have watched it at 5-6 years old...
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

So, Lea went home to live her normal life and build up some of her skills since she has none. She returned to Batuu weeks later with BB-8 droid Binkie. She lost Binkie, so I had to go to the main menu because I could not find the little guy anywhere in the Resistance forest.

With Binkie in tow, Lea was finally able to complete Mission 2; obtaining the access codes was a real challenge that took forever. I just received Mission 3. But first, she'll update Binkie, chat with some of the Resistance, grab a bite and then go back home for several weeks before returning to Batuu. I'm really enjoying this so much more because I take my time and allow my Sim to have a balanced life.

If you are doing the Resistance, does anyone else get lost there? I don't mind but I get lost/turned around in that forest all the time. They really did a great job on the forest and all the creepy crawlies. This world is so unique and beautiful.

Binkie maintenance.
    Update-Binkie.jpg

What would I do without this little fella?
    Lea-Binkie.jpg

Some type of Batuu rat running around.
    Batuu-Rat.jpg

Lea has befriended this Twi'lek named Isond Roeder. This will be her bestie in Batuu.
    Twi-lek-Isond-Roeder.jpg

@Haflinger ...do you know what this alien is called? Lea is really hungry in this photo; time for some Batuu food.
    Batuu-Friend.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2020
    The green lady with the facial tattoos and headgear is a Mirialan. First seen on screen in Attack of the Clones, in the person of Jedi Master Luminara Unduli, and her padawan learner, Barriss Offee. :)

d98b1cae1aa66fbb9413b5f8c99c16d3.jpg
  • Options
    RyublueRyublue Posts: 30 Member
    I love the fact that this thread keeps going. Awesome images and stories, everyone.

Does anyone know how to get the Journey to Batuu face mask options/hats to show up when you plan your outfit at the dwelling?
    Because, really, why else even have things like the Mirialan face masks when they disappear when actually on Batuu?

(I'm watching Clone Wars and made a family of Luminara, Barriss and Ahsoka, only to find that the face masks weren't even available in Batuu, and neither was Master Unduli's headgear. I can't get it to show up even with the cas.unlockbytag GP09 cheat)

Speaking of, I decided that I'd make Sugi the bounty hunter eventually, and somewhere along the line of watching the show I kind of came to love Asajj Ventress, so I think they're both up next once I've played this family to a stopping point. It is kind of odd how I don't really play rotational style normally - I play a sim until I've done all I care to with them and then just leave them in the game if I like them enough - but with the Batuu pack I'm definitely going rotational. I'm building a world here, after all. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    They're both getting much much better at it...
    Volcano.jpg
    Volcanojuice.jpg
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Ryublue wrote: »
    I love the fact that this thread keeps going. Awesome images and stories, everyone.

Does anyone know how to get the Journey to Batuu face mask options/hats to show up when you plan your outfit at the dwelling?
    Because, really, why else even have things like the Mirialan face masks when they disappear when actually on Batuu?

I think I read somewhere that one of the more columns mods allows access, but I don't remember if it was a specific one or all of them. I do remember it was accidentally discovered after JtB was released and not part of the mod's design.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top