Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Jayden has met @CAPTAIN_NXR7 smuggler. They seemed to get along, although he wouldn't stop playing on his computer. :D I'll invite him to come to Batuu with her next time I play. I hope to have a few screenshots ready this weekend.

...he’s not actually called CAPTAIN_NXR7 smuggler is he now? 😂
    I’m not surprised that he’s addicted to computer games. Probably playing TS4: Journey to Batuu.

I was thinking that too, regarding the computer game. No wonder I can't pry any of them off the thing!

His name is Dax Idris. I wanted a name with an X in it (don't know why, maybe because I loved Xena?) and with such a simple first name he needed a really cool last name, and Idris is a very cool sounding name that I stole off a very cool actor.

I don't know what I'll call his droid. It really might be MR-NATRL, or maybe just Bob. BB-Bob? Surely not. I do tend toward the silly in my games... R2-ZAP-U?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited September 2020
    I do tend toward the silly in my games... R2-ZAP-U?

Priceless. 😂👍🏼
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    The first time my sim made R2D2, I think I clapped. :* So far R4D8 is useless. The first time he tried to slice a panel he fried all his circutry and my sim had to repair him right out of the box. Sheesh!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2020

75abc04f06f808b53465f6ff73e3f9d9e3e0eeeb.png

We spent the evening trying to swindle for credits and scrounging for scrap-metal. I want to have a droid too :)

Edit: I have to add just how much more fun I find it to practice programming this way instead of just sitting with the computer. Your sim is doing something out and about in the world. It can be dangerous with getting electrocuted and sometimes you get fun loot.

Right now Batuu is my personal Scoundrel-land where my thieving family goes for "work".
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    This came on our news this week. I hope it is ok to share and nice way to send some positive vibes with the story. So when I am playing the pack, going to think of this inspiring story too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiiEYprQcZc
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited September 2020
    I still have not installed the pack,(cause waiting for 2 mods) bought it, yes.

Here is what my hubby showed me today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu-jyoBGsUU
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

yay! Pink Batuu wear for Barbie! That's her hubby Clement Frost. :p
    50374436931_8a368cd734_b.jpg
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited September 2020
    happyopi wrote: »
    ^ Anything non-batuuan in your inventory isn't "allowed" by Disney rules and is gone when you load another lot. As long as the item is physically on the cantina lot though, it should be fine.
    I cheated a servo on Batuu and could activate it, but upgrading it takes dedication as I keep forgetting I have to collect parts in one go.

The tripod bugged out so have this hilariously chaotic picture of my Canto Bight heist crew, these two drunkards I picked up.
    dVGwdpeh.png
    Civilian weequay's only contribution was wanting to go to the beach, and goatee scoundrel couldn't even hack the safe door without triggering the alarm. My droid was the only useful member of the crew.

LOL @happyopi The way the guy in the middle is posed is awesome!

@Haflinger Tiryaja is really pretty. Thanks for posting the SNL videos! I couldn't stop laughing! :p

@Isharell I was hoping that the firemen in Batuu would have Alien faces. They did take forever to show up. Probably due to having to come from Sim planet. :D Also I hope you show pics of your Ren & Kylo build. I've been playing and placing lots from the gallery. Strangerville all Steampunk.

@Ellupelluellu great vid. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    @BlkBarbiegal thank you, I am planning on it! The Ren & Kylo build is still a work in progress. I've just started landscaping and creating the front and back porch. I hope I don't have to enlarge their bedrooms because that would require changing the roofline again. I still have to put in the basement training area and then I want to put in a "secret" second lower tier basement with at least one hidden entrance for Kylo's Secret First Order Base. I'm going to have to do a bit of experimenting in order to create a "hidden" entrance. We don't have the option of saying, "first he moved the case of crates and then pressed the carving on the wall to cause a panel to open, revealing a secret tunnel" darn it. I really want that entrance to not be readily apparent. I might have to just stick a ladder in the ground and disguise it with landscaping.

I have a lot of stuff to do, story wise, but once Ren discovers that base she will kick him to the curb, leaving the field open for Molly (formerly Sage Forman) to snap him up. I want her to have a baby with Kylo. I love her teen son Kyle and am hoping another kid from her will be just as great. I cannot explain this desire, I think I must blame it on all those folks who kept talking about the joy of Kylo+whoever babies! :D We will also have to see how long I allow the little sprog to remain a) a baby and b) a toddler. I've had sims die (sims 2) from raising the needy little brats. Birthday cake on standby!

I'm trying to decide if the porch/patios really need roofs. I don't have Seasons but I know lots of folks do.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    The first time my sim made R2D2, I think I clapped. :* So far R4D8 is useless. The first time he tried to slice a panel he fried all his circutry and my sim had to repair him right out of the box. Sheesh!

Yeah, they do seem to need a bit of coddling, especially at first.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    This came on our news this week. I hope it is ok to share and nice way to send some positive vibes with the story. So when I am playing the pack, going to think of this inspiring story too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiiEYprQcZc

@Scobre what a lovely story! Thank you for sharing it.
  • Options
    I'm trying to decide if the porch/patios really need roofs. I don't have Seasons but I know lots of folks do.

Are you contemplating this because of the rain?
    I’d say do what works best for the building.
    Regardless, I’m looking forward to seeing your builds @Isharell !
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    ^ Anything non-batuuan in your inventory isn't "allowed" by Disney rules and is gone when you load another lot. As long as the item is physically on the cantina lot though, it should be fine.
    I cheated a servo on Batuu and could activate it, but upgrading it takes dedication as I keep forgetting I have to collect parts in one go.

The tripod bugged out so have this hilariously chaotic picture of my Canto Bight heist crew, these two drunkards I picked up.
    dVGwdpeh.png
    Civilian weequay's only contribution was wanting to go to the beach, and goatee scoundrel couldn't even hack the safe door without triggering the alarm. My droid was the only useful member of the crew.

LOL @happyopi The way the guy in the middle is posed is awesome!

@Haflinger Tiryaja is really pretty. Thanks for posting the SNL videos! I couldn't stop laughing! :p

@Isharell I was hoping that the firemen in Batuu would have Alien faces. They did take forever to show up. Probably due to having to come from Sim planet. :D Also I hope you show pics of your Ren & Kylo build. I've been playing and placing lots from the gallery. Strangerville all Steampunk.

@Ellupelluellu great vid. lol

Glad you liked them. I was in stitches the first time I saw the first one.
  • Options

e4aeb678360100c65a141dbb2b984793fc403044.png
    Played a little back in Oasis Springs. Haven't built a Star Wars Park yet but I'm planning to do so. I really like the "swindle for credits" interaction. It is a nice little way for my criminal sims to get some cash without having a job. Also, I really like that you can unlock it with any sim. B-list actor with cash-problems and good charisma, go for it.
  • Options

Are you contemplating this because of the rain?
    I’d say do what works best for the building.
    Regardless, I’m looking forward to seeing your builds @Isharell !

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Gosh, thanks! Now I have you and @BlkBarbiegal keeping me on notice LOL.

Yes, the roof for the back patio is a concern because of rain or snow. I've decided not to put electronics out there just in case, although I think I have the roof issue solved. I did that roof and put the stairs to the 1st basement in at lunchtime, now I must decorate. I might just (gulp) try to open up the hidden objects (can't remember what they are called, all the build stuff and decorations) to fill it. Hoping I can do what I am seeing in my head.

The house floor plan is pretty weird, and the roofs are equally kooky. I think it will work quite well for the storyline I have in mind.

I hope my mumblings are not derailing the thread. I haven't felt this inspired by anything in a terribly long time and I'm just bursting with it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    I finally broke down and brought this pack today since some modders made some temporary cc windows I can use for now.
    This B/B is the best I ever saw in a pack!!!!😍😍😍 I'm literally melting here looking over the stuff.
    Even the textures of many items look better than usual. I don't feel the need for a cc replacement.
    😱😱😱😱 I have so many ideas for secret lairs and headquarters with this stuff. And the broken walls thats in debug is something I wanted for so long 😭😭😭😭 and so much good stuff for my apocalyptic builds. I haven't even gotten started with the pack and I love it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Played a little back in Oasis Springs. Haven't built a Star Wars Park yet but I'm planning to do so. I really like the "swindle for credits" interaction. It is a nice little way for my criminal sims to get some cash without having a job. Also, I really like that you can unlock it with any sim. B-list actor with cash-problems and good charisma, go for it.

Yes, I was really pleased that some of the Batuu interactions carried over. The swindle one should be helpful for "rags to riches" play too.
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Gosh, thanks! Now I have you and @BlkBarbiegal keeping me on notice LOL.
    We’re watching ya! 🤓
    Yes, the roof for the back patio is a concern because of rain or snow. I've decided not to put electronics out there just in case, although I think I have the roof issue solved. I did that roof and put the stairs to the 1st basement in at lunchtime, now I must decorate. I might just (gulp) try to open up the hidden objects (can't remember what they are called, all the build stuff and decorations) to fill it. Hoping I can do what I am seeing in my head.
    The house floor plan is pretty weird, and the roofs are equally kooky. I think it will work quite well for the storyline I have in mind.

bb.showhiddenobjects with cheats enabled.
    Also I’m getting curious about that kooky house of yours. :D
    I hope my mumblings are not derailing the thread. I haven't felt this inspired by anything in a terribly long time and I'm just bursting with it.
    Isn’t that what this thread’s all about? Being inspired and sharing the enthusiasm? 👍🏼😁
  • Options
    We’re watching ya! 🤓

bb.showhiddenobjects with cheats enabled.
    Also I’m getting curious about that kooky house of yours. :D
    Isn’t that what this thread’s all about? Being inspired and sharing the enthusiasm? 👍🏼😁

Thanks @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • Options
    I finally broke down and brought this pack today since some modders made some temporary cc windows I can use for now.
    This B/B is the best I ever saw in a pack!!!!😍😍😍 I'm literally melting here looking over the stuff.
    Even the textures of many items look better than usual. I don't feel the need for a cc replacement.
    😱😱😱😱 I have so many ideas for secret lairs and headquarters with this stuff. And the broken walls thats in debug is something I wanted for so long 😭😭😭😭 and so much good stuff for my apocalyptic builds. I haven't even gotten started with the pack and I love it.

Awesome and welcome to the club @Babykittyjade !
    Indeed, the BB is delicious, especially for grungy apocalyptic builds! I’m still trying to get into a more solid state after my own melting episode. :D
  • Options

If you like apocalyptic builds I can really see how this pack would be useful :) hope you will have a lot of fun!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

Glad you could join us! I'm happy you like the pack so far. I agree, the textures and styles are really quality this time around. I even did some adjustments to my graphics that I'd been meaning to experiment with for a long time.

I'm having so much fun with the CAS and gameplay. I feel like I don't even want to go back to playing Sims as "normal" because I love the immersion of Batuu. I'm just finishing up a Twi'lek pirate household that I'm pleased with. I'm hoping that if I put them in Black Spire, I'll see them hanging around when I play my Celestines.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Welcome to the dark side. >:) I am loving the pack for building too. The debug items with it are cool too. I am very partial towards Steampunk style too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I'm definitely in love with the build/buy in this pack. So much attention to detail, it's fantastic .

Watched the series finale of Clone Wars again, it's masterful. The score was amazing, and just everything about it was chilling the way they tied it right into Revenge of the Sith. Emotional as all heck though.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I haven't played the story of Batuu yet, because I'm in another gameplay where Batuu doesn't fit in, but I was positively surprised about build and buy stuff in there. At first, I thought there were absolutely nothing, I could ever use because it's too theme specific. But more and more I discover items which I can choose. Yesterday I detected, that even some cas items would fit perfectly to the 1920s era I played right now and they were the best options without using cc's. So I'm really happy that I gave this gamepack a chance, even when I was not convinced.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top