Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Rouensims wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Finally got around to getting my bundle. Spent 3 hours straight on Batuu, haven't even touched Eco Lifestyle or Nifty Knitting yet (well, other than the hair for my Sim)

I'm going to go edit some of my screenshots down in size, but just as a note - don't name your droid while hungry... (TECS-35-BBQ...)

Hahahaha!!!! "BBQ". :D
    "TEX-ES-BBQ" :smiley:

Hahahaha! Great name. I named one of my droids Skippy the Jedi Droid, the one on my Simself save. But that’s because I’m a sentimentalist about Star Wars Tales. (I know he’s technically an R5, but the R3 was as close as I could get. Hoping that I don’t have bad motivators with him though, he already broke down on me once)

Yeah, in her original incarnation, TECS (without the 35-BBQ) was the AI for A'Drin's not-at-all-a-knock-off-of-the-falcon-no-really ship. This was decades before Solo came out and we learned
    that the Falcon actually had an AI of a sort. Poor L3

So that part was in homage to the original character. The BBQ part was because I was feeling a little silly, and we hadn't decided on dinner yet. (We went with pizza)
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    WsUq1lMh.png
    Unamused nanny droid patiently waiting for his owners to stop taking selfies with the Millennium Falcon so they can all go home.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Okay, so I finally got my BB unit. Meet Binkie. Now that I have Binkie, I'm hoping to make some progress with Mission 2 task 2 (Obtain Comm Tower Access Codes) for the Resistance. May the force be with Lea and Binkie.
    BB-Unit-2.jpg

Does anyone know why this outfit is not available in Bantuu? Or, do I have to unlock it there? It is available in CAS when my Sims is at home.
    Resistance.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Does anyone know why this outfit is not available in Bantuu? Or, do I have to unlock it there? It is available in CAS when my Sims is at home.
    Resistance.jpg

It may not be available on Batuu without unlocking because that's Rey's outfit. (I've closed my game for the evening or I'd check) Is the outfit with the red jacket also locked/hidden? As that's Vi Moradi's canonical clothing.

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Finally got around to getting my bundle. Spent 3 hours straight on Batuu, haven't even touched Eco Lifestyle or Nifty Knitting yet (well, other than the hair for my Sim)

I'm going to go edit some of my screenshots down in size, but just as a note - don't name your droid while hungry... (TECS-35-BBQ...)

Hahahaha!!!! "BBQ". :D
    "TEX-ES-BBQ" :smiley:

Hahahaha! Great name. I named one of my droids Skippy the Jedi Droid, the one on my Simself save. But that’s because I’m a sentimentalist about Star Wars Tales. (I know he’s technically an R5, but the R3 was as close as I could get. Hoping that I don’t have bad motivators with him though, he already broke down on me once)

Yeah, in her original incarnation, TECS (without the 35-BBQ) was the AI for A'Drin's not-at-all-a-knock-off-of-the-falcon-no-really ship. This was decades before Solo came out and we learned
    that the Falcon actually had an AI of a sort. Poor L3

So that part was in homage to the original character. The BBQ part was because I was feeling a little silly, and we hadn't decided on dinner yet. (We went with pizza)

I think that
    L3 being integrated into the Falcon’s databanks was a great finishing touch and a homage to Threepio’s quote in ESB about the ship’s dialect.

I named Skippy because he’s always been one of my favorite non-canon Tales stories (the other ones are definitely The Curse of Wedge Antilles and the one about Duron Qel-Droma who’s cloak you find in the Korriban caves during KOTOR). I’ve got favorite droids (the first being for sure HK-47, but I’m fond of Whistler and Mynock. I’m starting to feel awful attached to BD-1 the more I play Fallen Order.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    @BlkBarbiegal Lol! There's something fabulous about seeing all of those Batuu aliens grouped together and screaming in unison. So much character in one picture, especially with Hondo crying. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    The Steamer family on Batuu
    9-8-2020_10-02-00_am-qqjtq.png
    in case anybody is wondering, the daughter (Jordan) had the glasses and the arm equipt before they traveled to Batuu and they just stayed on!

Lux Steamer (first Order), I love her new look!
    9-8-2020_10-02-01_am-3ckll.png

I really gotta make more screencaps...I always forget it when I am playing.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Thank you @LiELF :D
    @RavenSpit your sims are fabulous. I have not built the arm yet. So much I haven't done in this game.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Yaretzi constructed her first lightsaber. So cool!

Installing-Kyber-Crystal-into-Lightsaber.png
    Yellow-Lightsaber.png
    Posing-with-Lightsaber.png
    Training-with-Lightsaber.png
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

@Lielf I love your group - great name, too!
  • Options
    Isharell wrote: »

@Lielf I love your group - great name, too!

Thank you! I'm having so much fun with them. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    The Steamer family on Batuu
    9-8-2020_10-02-00_am-qqjtq.png
    in case anybody is wondering, the daughter (Jordan) had the glasses and the arm equipt before they traveled to Batuu and they just stayed on!

Lux Steamer (first Order), I love her new look!
    9-8-2020_10-02-01_am-3ckll.png

I really gotta make more screencaps...I always forget it when I am playing.

Cool! I had considered the robotic arm for my Scoundrel droid enthusiast, but I only had the patience to create either that or the Servo because I wanted to get to Batuu. 😆

I also wasn't sure if the arm would get changed because of the outfit limitations on Batuu so it's really good to know that they stay!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited September 2020
    @BlkBarbiegal thanx :)
    Cool! I had considered the robotic arm for my Scoundrel droid enthusiast, but I only had the patience to create either that or the Servo because I wanted to get to Batuu. 😆

I also wasn't sure if the arm would get changed because of the outfit limitations on Batuu so it's really good to know that they stay!

Weird thing is, I wasn't able to unequip the arm on Batuu, I got the option for the computerglasses, but not the arm.
    Also when I unequipted the glasses they disappeard completely, I haven't checked if they show up in her inventory when she is back home yet, but I hope so.

Servo is gonna be her next project when she is done with Batuu :smile:
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    ^ Anything non-batuuan in your inventory isn't "allowed" by Disney rules and is gone when you load another lot. As long as the item is physically on the cantina lot though, it should be fine.
    I cheated a servo on Batuu and could activate it, but upgrading it takes dedication as I keep forgetting I have to collect parts in one go.

The tripod bugged out so have this hilariously chaotic picture of my Canto Bight heist crew, these two drunkards I picked up.
    dVGwdpeh.png
    Civilian weequay's only contribution was wanting to go to the beach, and goatee scoundrel couldn't even hack the safe door without triggering the alarm. My droid was the only useful member of the crew.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm at 2493 hours in sims 4 looks like I might hit 2500 soon
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Ah, good dependable droids!

Well, I've made another save. I'm just having too much fun. This one's a teenaged Savareen (from that planet in Solo where they refined the coaxium) who ended up on a light freighter -- not the Falcon -- somehow (smuggled herself aboard as a stowaway, most likely) and is now is Batuu wondering what she's got to do to survive. Gonna try and keep her there as much as I can, should be enjoyable.

db1JceDl.png
    Her name is Tiryaja, which is a name I got from a name generator for Star Wars race names (particularly Savareen)

g4QNULil.png
    She didn't have many credits, but she bought some food to enjoy.

vTTlQbml.jpg
    Thinking how much she'll probably like staying in Batuu. Her traits are Romantic and Kleptomaniac, and she has a Galactic Privateer aspiration.

BOmSCT9l.jpg
    And then she ran into Bobby Moynihan. OK, not really, but I got a really good chuckle out of it because I remember when Adam Driver hosted SNL right after the release of The Force Awaken. This ahem ... husky ... stormtrooper reminded me of that. (I'll post YouTube links down below)

8eNod1ul.jpg
    Trying to learn about the First Order, Scoundrels and Resistance from him. But FOTK is single minded, and is aaaaaallll about that base, no rebels. (or scoundrels)

yHX75cjl.jpg
    Tiryaja: "Where's the fun in that?"

BGCx5sTl.png
    Practicing her slicing. Unfortunately, it needs some work.

ebrmjPWl.png
    Enjoying a Bespin Fizz!

IubK55pl.png
    Gosh. I knew Hondo was a heavy drinker in The Clone Wars, but wow. Two at once.

NSx2YPZl.png
    So naturally, after he's drunk both, it's a great time to challenge him to a game of Sabacc.

rpHA0WWl.png
    Tiryaja wins!

KhYX3Nul.png
    Tiryaja: "So, will you be putting up the Katooni for stakes at some point?"
    Hondo:...
    (And I think it's totally adorable and shows how much of a big softy that Hondo is for naming his ship after Katooni, that little Jedi youngling, he met in the Clone Wars)

SJtZTKJl.png
    Tiryaja wins again, rakin' in those credits!

And because I love them so ... the two SNL skits that Adam Driver did that were related to Star Wars.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @Haflinger I don’t think my scoundrel would mind running into Tiryaja...
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

*crawls back into thread*

What was that? Real Life is out there and it is not funny! If anyone comes looking for me just do the hand-thing and send them on their way.

*Grabs a cuppa and hides under a blanket on corner-sofa*

(muffled voice) I can still hear you, promise. It's a bit dark but that's ok.

Ha ha, love it when you have been swamped by stuff and come back to 80 new posts
  • Options
    If anyone comes looking for me just do the hand-thing and send them on their way.

‘This is not the SilentKitty you’re looking for.’
  • Options
    When Jawas steal your electronics...

m4MVl6z.png
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've been working on a Batuu build for Ren and Kylo (downloaded from @KamioMax). They are not impressed right now - guys just wait, I'll paint the interior eventually, promise!

Right now I'm alternating between playing and building.

Jayden has met @CAPTAIN_NXR7 smuggler. They seemed to get along, although he wouldn't stop playing on his computer. :D I'll invite him to come to Batuu with her next time I play. I hope to have a few screenshots ready this weekend.
  • Options
    Isharell wrote: »
    Jayden has met @CAPTAIN_NXR7 smuggler. They seemed to get along, although he wouldn't stop playing on his computer. :D I'll invite him to come to Batuu with her next time I play. I hope to have a few screenshots ready this weekend.

...he’s not actually called CAPTAIN_NXR7 smuggler is he now? 😂
    I’m not surprised that he’s addicted to computer games. Probably playing TS4: Journey to Batuu.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I love that your outfit for Batuu is separate from your sims everyday clothes. I wish they did this for all vacation worlds!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top