Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Ryublue wrote: »
    I love the fact that this thread keeps going. Awesome images and stories, everyone.

Does anyone know how to get the Journey to Batuu face mask options/hats to show up when you plan your outfit at the dwelling?
    Because, really, why else even have things like the Mirialan face masks when they disappear when actually on Batuu?

(I'm watching Clone Wars and made a family of Luminara, Barriss and Ahsoka, only to find that the face masks weren't even available in Batuu, and neither was Master Unduli's headgear. I can't get it to show up even with the cas.unlockbytag GP09 cheat)

Speaking of, I decided that I'd make Sugi the bounty hunter eventually, and somewhere along the line of watching the show I kind of came to love Asajj Ventress, so I think they're both up next once I've played this family to a stopping point. It is kind of odd how I don't really play rotational style normally - I play a sim until I've done all I care to with them and then just leave them in the game if I like them enough - but with the Batuu pack I'm definitely going rotational. I'm building a world here, after all. ;)

The More Cas Columns mod unlocks all CAS for use in Batuu. An unintended side effect of the mod I believe.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    What are you guys using to upload photos? I used imgur in the past but it hasn't been working for the last few days. Everytime I upload a picture on it, it never uploads. Eager to share screenshots!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    They're both getting much much better at it...
    Volcano.jpg
    Volcanojuice.jpg

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 funny
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Sindocat ...thanks for answering my question and Awesome picture by the way. They are stunning.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    @Hearts4u - those two made a strong visual impression on me, and I have had a thing for Mirialans since. I think the promotional photo was used in one of the Visual Guides. Also, I am a big nerd, and it's hard not to share my enthusiasms. :)

@Babykittyjade - I use Imgur. It's free, reliable, doesn't smack a big watermark on my image, and is easy to link from.

Today's share - Spa Day was my very first TS4 Game Pack, and I find it's a good stand-in for Force adept training. This may be Ty's first successful hand-stand in progress. Meditation stool and yoga mat from Spa Day in my undeground homestead's devotional nook.

0D2x770.png

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited October 2020
    They're both getting much much better at it...
    Volcano.jpg
    Volcanojuice.jpg

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 funny

lol

I use flickr. Mostly because I love to look at people's fashion doll collection.

@Sindocat nice pic
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SofieSimsxSofieSimsx Posts: 38 Member
    Since it's a destination world, do you guys think it could serve as a "theme park" of sorts? I don't usually play occult or sci-fi storylines, so I was thinking maybe I could make one of sims a die hard Star Wars fan and have them take a fun trip to the "Batuu Theme Park" (think Disneyworld), where they can meet the characters, collect souvenirs, do missions, etc. I think that would be cool.
  • SofieSimsxSofieSimsx Posts: 38 Member
    Lovely pictures btw, you guys are really starting to make me want to play this pack! At first I was skeptical but it does look quite fun and different.
    SofieSimsx wrote: »
    Since it's a destination world, do you guys think it could serve as a "theme park" of sorts? I don't usually play occult or sci-fi storylines, so I was thinking maybe I could make one of sims a die hard Star Wars fan and have them take a fun trip to the "Batuu Theme Park" (think Disneyworld), where they can meet the characters, collect souvenirs, do missions, etc. I think that would be cool.

In terms of attractions, activities, menus, collectibles, layout and on and on, Journey to Batuu is directly referencing Galaxy's Edge, the Disney theme park. So sure! You can visit with ordinary Sims, and pretend they are playing along.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

That's basically how I'm playing it in my game.

@SofieSimsx and @elanorbreton .... that is how I'm playing my game too. I don't have any of the occult packs in my game and nor do I play with any occult stories--just not my thing. I've never played any sci-fi storylines either. I'm big on family play, but because this is Star Wars I'm totally into it because I've always enjoyed the movies.

• RyublueRyublue Posts: 30 Member
    Thank you DaWaterRat and CelSims for answering. I honestly have no clue about the more columns mods since I've never used them, but I'll be taking a peek at them now for sure.
    (If I had the ability to mod skintones I think I'd make Mirialan an actual one, but I've tried skintones before and it has never worked for me. Might give it another go this time around, but I don't really expect better results)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    @Ryublue there is also that mod on MTS made specifically to disable the forced Batuu outfit.

My sims are still living full time on Batuu, no plans on ever going back. Having an actual tiny home underground to go back to helps a lot with grounding gameplay inbetween missions.
    3UFJefT.png

The inventory vanishing anything non-batuuan was a bit of a pain so I have to cheat parts to upgrade my nanny droid everytime, however the various maintenance droids I built for the cantina are roaming and doing fine on their own. Here's a cleaning droid that self-upgraded to level 10, just by scanning to its mechanical heart's content.
    SeLCJnN.png
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Ryublue wrote: »
    Thank you DaWaterRat and CelSims for answering. I honestly have no clue about the more columns mods since I've never used them, but I'll be taking a peek at them now for sure.
    (If I had the ability to mod skintones I think I'd make Mirialan an actual one, but I've tried skintones before and it has never worked for me. Might give it another go this time around, but I don't really expect better results)

For the record, I think VoidFeather has really good Miralan tattoos. Better than the ones that Batuu's got.

Been a bit of a crazy week for me. My sleeping patterns have been absolutely massacred because I've been putting around in Sims 4 most of the time and then realize that it's usually past midnight (and guess who's the early convor who can't sleep past 6 AM?) but it's been fun. Batuu's definitely got me invigorated about the game, that's for sure.

(Plus, it looks like i finally might have been able to get my wine emulator running properly again on my older MacBook Air which means I can play SWTOR again! It's been like 4 years now, and I wonder what's up with my toons)
    Oh, your sim can summon island spirits in Batuu. (Though I forget the name of the trait) o:)
    50420771883_98ec769fe2_b.jpg
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    > @Haflinger said:
    >
    > For the record, I think VoidFeather has really good Miralan tattoos. Better than the ones that Batuu's got.
    >

Thank you for the tip, and yeah, it would have been nice if the Batuu version had been tattoos + a new green skin instead of a facemask. Though I did make Barriss' facial tattoo for my game, if I had found VoidFeather first I wouldn't have needed to. :)

Speaking of Mirialans, this one sim family has been up the walls weird for me. I made Luminara Unduli with the, uh, Child of the Islands trait (I think it is called?) in some attempt to make her seem a bit more spiritual, and it kind of backfired on me. She kept getting sad because her heritage was being ignored. Well, a simple solution for that, right? I got them a kava bowl.... yeah, a kava bowl. Didn't realize that this - although it made Luminara quite happy - would turn my sim into kava-grandma, always drinking herself into a stupor and ending with me having to send her to bed to sleep it off.
    As if I didn't have enough issues with her refusing to get away from the meditation chair (that thing probably has a proper name too, sorry) as it is.

That blonde lady from Sulani that is married to the buff lifeguard randomly broke into my sims house one night, making a beeline down the stairs for the kava-knocked out Luminara where she was sleeping. Had to wake her up to shoo this stranger out of the house, but figured I'd let her try to recruit for the Resistance while I was at it. I assume it went well? After that action went through I got the option to "Ignite the spark" with this Sulani lady, and, well, I tried it because I didn't think it was supposed to work that way - and Luminara ended up getting a new mission for the Resistance. While still in her own home in Oasis Springs.
    Has anyone else had this happen?
    Get Master Luminara a cooking pit - eating that food also will cheer her, and not get her all foggy-headed. :)

In my Batuu save: after-school sports! Cade's first lightsaber practice.

roLKwDV.png
    After school sports. great idea!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Get Master Luminara a cooking pit - eating that food also will cheer her, and not get her all foggy-headed. :)

In my Batuu save: after-school sports! Cade's first lightsaber practice.

roLKwDV.png

What!! For real! Kids can wield a lightsaber? That is so so cool :smile:

I took some time in my Ecco-save but I am planning on my Star Wars-save on the side. Realized I wanted it to be more than a shorter PT so getting some lots and sims organized.

Still hoping for zabrak-horns-CC for kids but I’m not exactly holding my breath for it. Oh well.

Zabrak-dude has gotten his criminal mom added to the save. It’s so much fun. Mom and his girlfriend are great friend but every now and then they really really argue. Last time they did that he had a thought-bubble of his buddy so now I’m going to build a Star Wars-gym with sabbac-tables where he can hide when he needs to.
    Kids can train (as shown), but not spar with or duel adults. Teens can, though. Have to wait on baby brother, to see if kids can spar with kids.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Kids can train (as shown), but not spar with or duel adults. Teens can, though. Have to wait on baby brother, to see if kids can spar with kids.

@Sindocat ....That picture is so awesome. Happy to know kids can do this because I've only been playing with my young adult, Lea.
    > @Sindocat said:
    > Get Master Luminara a cooking pit - eating that food also will cheer her, and not get her all foggy-headed. :)
    >
    > In my Batuu save: after-school sports! Cade's first lightsaber practice.
    >

Oooh, children can practice with lightsabers? That's great! Baby girl has already gotten a hilt and a kyber as presents for her birthday upon turning into a child, now there's actually a use for that. Hope it ups the fitness skill in youngsters as well, they can be a bit limited in options there as I recall.
    I really wish there was a "mentor" option for lightsaber training though. I'd love to have, say, kava-grandm-err, Luminara train her granddaughter in how to use her lightsaber.

Also, the cooking pit works? Even better, now I can wean Luminara out of at least one of her obsessions (to be fair, being addicted to meditation somehow fits, even if it is annoying sometimes). I just hope there are vegetarian options for the cooking pit.

On another note, I just have to gush and this is the only place I could: a few little things I find I particularly love about this pack are

1.The Star Wars transition effects. The nostalgia is strong with this one.
    2. That they chose to use the lighter, more sand-and-time worn colours of Galaxy's Edge... Disneyland, I think? I think it is Disneyland with the paler colours and that particular stone bench?
    3. The Door Which Is The Most Star Wars Of All Doors. (gorgeous even inside my sims homes)

I wish they had made The Wall That Is The Most Star Wars Of All Walls as a wallpaper as well, but at least it IS there, on one of the shell houses in the game.
    Yes - Child skill is "Movement", sort of pre-Fitness, and lightsaber training does increase it. Baby brother is still working on Toddler skills, so I haven't aged him up yet. I still need to get an adult back to Batuu, to buy the toys, now. Kids were not on the gameplan when I was last there, but Jace & Ty insisted.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Prepare to have your minds blown away with this absolutely gorgeous build! The talent and imaginations of the builders out there in Simland never ceases to amaze me... I love how this person (Origin ID: HowToLiiv) incorporated different packs (no CC) to come up with this awesome "Rebels Hideout" tucked into a cliff side.

I love it and had to add it into my game, it's for an Oasis Springs 50x40 lot and will house lots of Rebel (or Scoundrel) simmies. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LopHuB4hss&feature=youtu.be
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Prepare to have your minds blown away with this absolutely gorgeous build! The talent and imaginations of the builders out there in Simland never ceases to amaze me... I love how this person (Origin ID: HowToLiiv) incorporated different packs (no CC) to come up with this awesome "Rebels Hideout" tucked into a cliff side.

I love it and had to add it into my game, it's for an Oasis Springs 50x40 lot and will house lots of Rebel (or Scoundrel) simmies. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LopHuB4hss&feature=youtu.be

I saw this!! It's incredible and I need it in my life! ...Er, I mean, game.
    #Team Occult

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top