Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Prepare to have your minds blown away with this absolutely gorgeous build! The talent and imaginations of the builders out there in Simland never ceases to amaze me... I love how this person (Origin ID: HowToLiiv) incorporated different packs (no CC) to come up with this awesome "Rebels Hideout" tucked into a cliff side.

I love it and had to add it into my game, it's for an Oasis Springs 50x40 lot and will house lots of Rebel (or Scoundrel) simmies. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LopHuB4hss&feature=youtu.be

I saw this!! It's incredible and I need it in my life! ...Er, I mean, game.

Isn't it awesome!

I'm going to make a few minor changes to it according to my own play style (move the rocks around on the pool a bit so my sims can go for a swim, add more beds to house more sims, add more hobbies, change the top deck area into a rooftop garden). But I can't wait to dig into this lot and start playing with it. :)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Prepare to have your minds blown away with this absolutely gorgeous build! The talent and imaginations of the builders out there in Simland never ceases to amaze me... I love how this person (Origin ID: HowToLiiv) incorporated different packs (no CC) to come up with this awesome "Rebels Hideout" tucked into a cliff side.

I love it and had to add it into my game, it's for an Oasis Springs 50x40 lot and will house lots of Rebel (or Scoundrel) simmies. Enjoy!

Wow what a beautiful build! Really captures the feel of the Batuu pack. I can see it being a great addition!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

Such detail. My mind is completely blown. WOW.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    beautiful
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    OH NO! 😵 I lost all my saves!
    I had to repair the game and genius me only moved the mods folder, tray and custom music to the desktop. I knew there was something missing...
    My Scoundrel got so, so far... Now I have to start all over again. FFS, I cannot believe I’m such an Eejit! 🤬

To hell with it, I’ll be cheating my way back to the top again. Scoundrel Style.
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 ugh! So sorry. What was going on where you had to repair it?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options

After removing the mods folder - due to the patch - and putting it back in, I kept getting notifications saying that script mods were disabled, even though I had enabled them. It kept happening, so I decided to clear the origin cache, delete the sims 4 folder and repair the game, making sure to move all relevant folders to my desktop before doing so. Except...I forgot about one relevant folder. 😂🤣

This is all very ironic because today was the very day I explained to someone else how to do this, making very sure they wouldn’t lose their saves...

OK.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

After removing the mods folder - due to the patch - and putting it back in, I kept getting notifications saying that script mods were disabled, even though I had enabled them. It kept happening, so I decided to clear the origin cache, delete the sims 4 folder and repair the game, making sure to move all relevant folders to my desktop before doing so. Except...I forgot about one relevant folder. 😂🤣

This is all very ironic because today was the very day I explained to someone else how to do this, making very sure they wouldn’t lose their saves...

OK.

You don't need to delete the sims 4 folder in order to repair your game. Also, is it not possible to recover your game from the recycle bin? You could also check to see if you have a recent restore point for your computer.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

OK.

You don't need to delete the sims 4 folder in order to repair your game. Also, is it not possible to recover your game from the recycle bin? You could also check to see if you have a recent restore point for your computer.

Oh I’m aware it only takes one file, not the entire folder. Unfortunately I’ve got a hint of OCD when it comes to ‘leaving no trace’. For me ‘repair game’ equals ‘start all over’. Being a hot headed individual doesn’t help, so when origin starts messing with me I will reset everything and clear the cache on my entire drive. I never set up a system restore point on my gaming HD either, (should at this point) because hey, 😎 usually I’ve got it all under control. No, being cocky doesn’t help...

I know exactly what I did wrong and I’m going to live with the consequences. I still got all my sims and builds and stuff....just no progress.
    I only wanted to whine a little about it here, but I don’t deserve any sympathy. 😂
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

OK.

Oh I’m aware it only takes one file, not the entire folder. Unfortunately I’ve got a hint of OCD when it comes to ‘leaving no trace’. For me ‘repair game’ equals ‘start all over’. Being a hot headed individual doesn’t help, so when origin starts messing with me I will reset everything and clear the cache on my entire drive. I never set up a system restore point on my gaming HD either, (should at this point) because hey, 😎 usually I’ve got it all under control. No, being cocky doesn’t help...

I know exactly what I did wrong and I’m going to live with the consequences. I still got all my sims and builds and stuff....just no progress.
    I only wanted to whine a little about it here, but I don’t deserve any sympathy. 😂

I'm so sorry you lost your saves. Your sims and builds are to me the important thing, you just get to play them all over again. You absolutely deserve to whine about it though!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

OK.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you lost your saves, that sucks! But at least you have a lot of the other important stuff so all is not lost.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Thanks @CelSims and @LiELF! Indeed I’m delighted I wasn’t stupid enough to lose the really important elements.
    Luckily I managed to cheat my way back to the original levels of my Scoundrel‘s reputation and skill sets. I was about to have him accompany my lightsaber wielding lady who only did one mission for the Resistance so far, before I lost my saves.
    They can start that journey and adventure together now. How romantic. o:)
  • Options
    Thanks @CelSims and @LiELF! Indeed I’m delighted I wasn’t stupid enough to lose the really important elements.
    Luckily I managed to cheat my way back to the original levels of my Scoundrel‘s reputation and skill sets. I was about to have him accompany my lightsaber wielding lady who only did one mission for the Resistance so far, before I lost my saves.
    They can start that journey and adventure together now. How romantic. o:)

yay! :)

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    My condolences on your loss @CAPTAIN_NXR7.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I hope you've now saved a backup somewhere... why you not already have backups of your saves? Naughty naughty captain! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    My condolences on your loss @CAPTAIN_NXR7.

Thank you @GracieO312 . It’s been extremely tough.
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I hope you've now saved a backup somewhere... why you not already have backups of your saves? Naughty naughty captain! :D

I do a monthly or bi-weekly back up of my saves, depending on how much time I get to play. These ones happened to fall outside of that schedule.

You’re right...I really should walk my own plank for this. 😬
  • Options
    I think you should make your natural man scoundrel walk the plank on your behalf. Pics please, but not while he is au naturel :D:D

I need to get my scoundrel back to Batuu soon, he has been busy making his space rocket. (This is Daryl, I named him after a certain character in Walking Dead).
    10-08-20_1-08-25%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
    I don't know who he's waving at, he lives with nobody, not even a robot. Waving at me, perhaps?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I think you should make your natural man scoundrel walk the plank on your behalf. Pics please, but not while he is au naturel :D:D

Why, what’s wrong with that? I’m sure you wouldn’t mind. :p
  • Options
    Lol @CAPTAIN_NXR7 just keeping things at the proper T rating.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

So, Lea spent 4 Sims weeks home and now she is back in Batuu to finish up Mission 5 which is gathering supplies for the Resistance. Anyone else doing the Resistance and how many missions are there? I still have not gotten to any lightsaber activity. I don't even know how to get a lightsaber. Am I even close to getting a lightsaber? Hoping to get one before she goes back home for awhile again. Looking forward to discovering what comes next in Batuu. But first, she needs to go buy a toy for her little brother, Blake.

Lea searching for her last supplies to complete Mission 5.
    Mission-5-Supply-Hunting.jpg

Lea's inventory consist of:
    5 Kyber Crystals, 32 Scrap Metal, 1 Fake ID Card, 3 Resistance Crate Supplies, 3 Dataspike, 1 Dominant Elemental Nature Lightsaber Hilt, and my BB8 Binkie.
    Batuu-Inventory.jpg

Batuu-Inventory-2.jpg

Lea's little brother, Blake, was so excited to get his Batuu outfit. He'll be even more excited when Lea brings him back a toy. Better yet, Lea will bring him here for a couple of hours and buy him a toy after showing him around the adventure theme park.
    Playing-with-Baby-Brother-3.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    So, Lea spent 4 Sims weeks home and now she is back in Batuu to finish up Mission 5 which is gathering supplies for the Resistance. Anyone else doing the Resistance and how many missions are there? I still have not gotten to any lightsaber activity. I don't even know how to get a lightsaber. Am I even close to getting a lightsaber? Hoping to get one before she goes back home for awhile again. Looking forward to discovering what comes next in Batuu. But first, she needs to go buy a toy for her little brother, Blake.

Lea searching for her last supplies to complete Mission 5.

Lea's inventory consist of:
    5 Kyber Crystals, 32 Scrap Metal, 1 Fake ID Card, 3 Resistance Crate Supplies, 3 Dataspike, 1 Dominant Elemental Nature Lightsaber Hilt, and my BB8 Binkie.

Lea's little brother, Blake, was so excited to get his Batuu outfit. He'll be even more excited when Lea brings him back a toy. Better yet, Lea will bring him here for a couple of hours and buy him a toy after showing him around the adventure theme park.

To get a lightsabre you need to add a kyber crystal to a lightsabre hilt, and you have both. :)
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020
    @crocobaura .... Thanks a bunches. :smiley:

This is so Awesome! I finally have a lightsaber. Now Lea can go home happy until her adventure continues.
    Lightsaber.jpg

This is so much fun. I thought she said "Luke siber" in her simlish. lol.
    Lightsaber-Photo-2.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options

I know I know I know, he can walk the plank in mosaic. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2020

lolol

@Heart4u The yellow light saber suits her. (I think it's yellow)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Isharell wrote: »

I was actually playing around with her in CAS after JtB released to see if I could up the freak factor... Tell me what you think!
    9bob8A4.png
    The stuff of nightmares? First, I screamed in my head, then laughed..a little, then tried to look away.... All in that order. lol

It got worse! Muhahahah! :naughty:
    9uSsBOQ.png
    UvEzYGD.png

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (sound of running footsteps)

That sims are bloody awesome B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top