Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Thanks for the response. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Travis got himself a Lightsaber. :smile:
    ehKycXU.png
    JPT0YrI.png
    And he beat up a trooper who was trying to apprehend him.
    1tgxs2e.png
    0OuW24q.png

Derek became a Runner with the Scoundrels.
    5EyPpEN.png
    Even managed to break his way into the First Order's supply base.
    gUANCXD.png
    mjFfVrD.png

The Resistance also got a taste of his hacking powers.
    UbbccA4.png

Liberty is moving up with the First Order.
    AqcQ8bZ.png
    She's busy taking Resistance supporters off the streets.
    ZjGXMNJ.png
    DW6A9PQ.png
    d71vDNG.png
    NWqpDDG.png
    wrfUKxF.png
    dxfl3ol.png

With my play I have it so that the family has no idea each member has joined a different faction. For most of the day they're together, acting like they are on a typical family holiday. Then around evening/night they go their separate ways to complete missions.

Playing this way has made the game pack more fun. There have been a couple close calls were Travis, for example, would catch his son (Derek) acting like a scoundrel and Derek would have to make a run for it. Liberty and Travis have been doing good so far staying clear of each other. I think when they get higher in their factions I'm going to have Liberty confront Travis.
    There's Derek in the background trying to think of a way to get around his dad.
    4wjoXgj.png
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love having my sims play sabbac. If there were more hours in the day I would be building a japanese karaoke-bar with a sabbac-corner in the back.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I love having my sims play sabbac. If there were more hours in the day I would be building a japanese karaoke-bar with a sabbac-corner in the back.

Sabbac is probably my favorite part of the pack. I know it's a little thing, but I like that my sims can gamble and that they'll do it for more than 15 sim minutes. The Fengs are at this creepy mansion in Forgotten Hollow playing a high-stakes card game at 2:00 in the morning with a pair of vampires thinking "how did I end up in this situation?".
  • Options
    RyublueRyublue Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2020
    SilentKitty and OEII1001, don't know if you already know, but Lebbion's mod is now updated to include sabbac as a club activity. Once I've run through the jedi club enough to be sure it works as it should, I'll be making my scoundrels club as well.
    Hmm... whom to choose?

Speaking of the Jedi Order though, had kava-grandma, er, Luminara run a meeting at the temple, and after a few snags things went well, everyone (all, uh, five of them. Yup, a big Order indeed) doing their lightsaber things and getting along great - too great in fact, but nevermind that - I got the popup that yoga class was starting. Sent them along down to the basement for yoga class then, and... the yoga instructor is Asajj Ventress.
    Not quite what I thought would be her path in life, but somehow, yeah, stay classy Asajj and whip those jedis into shape.
    (they all did well, btw, except for Luminara who was basically just doing her own thing in the back while everyone else followed instructions. She also lost her shoes somehow)
    Post edited by Ryublue on
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Sabbac is probably my favorite part of the pack. I know it's a little thing, but I like that my sims can gamble and that they'll do it for more than 15 sim minutes. The Fengs are at this creepy mansion in Forgotten Hollow playing a high-stakes card game at 2:00 in the morning with a pair of vampires thinking "how did I end up in this situation?".

Same here. I have a sabbacc table in every save and all my main sims turned into scoundrels. Batuu or not. Man I love it!
    Best thing that happened to my sims this year. :D
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Oh, wonderful! I have an empty space in my Vampire's basement, I'll put in a Sabbac table!
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    The hair and a few of the outfits are cute... I also bought it at 50% off which is great.

(Although I bought it because I briefly thought I would need it for the pack coming out soon, though quite a few people fell for it from what I heard. I honestly think EA did this on purpose because they needed more people to buy the pack but hey I have a few cute outfits and hair styles and I might actually play the pack someday... It at least has more missions than Strangerville)

I like the droids you can make!
  • Options
    Hope you end up enjoying it DevSims91, I've personally found that it fits nicely (and unexpectedly, didn't think it would) with bits and pieces from several other packs, it probably is all in what you're going for.

Two questions for you fellow Batuu/Star Wars fans:

Has anyone played a household with more than one droid yet? I'm curious to know if the droids interact at all, on Batuu or at home, at least bleep at each other or something.

Also, can anyone suggest a female scoundrel from anywhere in the various SW-verses to me? I've already made Sugi, Mara and Ventress (Mara and Asajj sort of qualify, right?), but could use a few more for my game I think. Oh and I have Aurra Sing as well, I suppose she counts too. :P
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited November 2020
    Ryublue wrote: »
    Hope you end up enjoying it DevSims91, I've personally found that it fits nicely (and unexpectedly, didn't think it would) with bits and pieces from several other packs, it probably is all in what you're going for.

Two questions for you fellow Batuu/Star Wars fans:

Has anyone played a household with more than one droid yet? I'm curious to know if the droids interact at all, on Batuu or at home, at least bleep at each other or something.

Also, can anyone suggest a female scoundrel from anywhere in the various SW-verses to me? I've already made Sugi, Mara and Ventress (Mara and Asajj sort of qualify, right?), but could use a few more for my game I think. Oh and I have Aurra Sing as well, I suppose she counts too. :P

Ysanne Isard for sure if you are doing legends. Oh, and Gara Petothel (alias Lara Notsil).
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    Ysanne Isard for sure if you are doing legends. Oh, and Gara Petothel (alias Lara Notsil).

Both good suggestions, I think I will - but Ysanne Isard as a scoundrel? No, she's surely an imperial girl.
    ...oh no. I shouldn't have written that. Now I have the song "Material Girl" running through my head with "material" swapped out with "imperial" :sweat_smile:

I think Cara Dune will be added to my game, even though I thought I wouldn't unless I could also make Mando and baby Yoda, but... yeah. A few others too, and a few imperials to join Iceheart wherever I plunk her down (I feel compelled to do a hair recolor for her first :P). She needs some stormtroopers, right?
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Okay it's been a few months, but anyone still playing Journey to Batuu noticed alien "hats" not showing up anymore ? So I have a bunch of bald humans including hornless zabraks, and maybe one or two mirialans if I'm lucky.

Out of interest I browsed youtube for people playing the pack for the first time this month, and they all have the same problem.

I know the dev team really isn't good at coding but come on. Give me my weequays back EAxis. How did you even manage to break that ?
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,921 Member
    edited February 2021
    @happyopi , it has been broken for some time now, there is a thread about it at AHQ , here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-JGB-Townies-in-Batuu-are-missing-face-masks/td-p/9723701

My main save gladly started before the bug happened, so I still have all the "hats" at my main, but not any other saves :(
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    My sims went to Batuu maybe 2 weeks before Paranormal came out and everything looked fine except for when my sims went to go "freshen up" something got glitchy. I can't remember what. I'll have to go look again.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Okay, now the Batuu townies are hatless. And when my sim goes to freshen up I can't control them. :'(
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Batuu is a mess. I'm trying to find human sims for the recruit first order mission and all sims look human but many aren't. I clicked me too on the bug report, I hope they fix it soon.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@happyopi @DragonAge_300905 @Ellupelluellu

I still play with my Sim, Lea, and I haven't had any issues. Lea recently reached the highest Resistance rank. I've keep my Star Wars restaurant in the game so it will always be playable. Sometime this year, I plan to go back and do the Scoundrels with a new Sim.

Interesting how some have issues and others do not.

Picks today from Batuu
    Star-Wars.jpg

Star-Wars-2.jpg

Remodeled my Batuu restaurant by bringing the chef station upstairs.
    Star-Wars-Restaurant.jpg

Restrooms and wine cellar is still downstairs. I still think this pack is the cats meow.
    Star-Wars-Restaurant-2.jpg

Happy Simming!
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @happyopi @DragonAge_300905 @Ellupelluellu

I still play with my Sim, Lea, and I haven't had any issues. Lea recently reached the highest Resistance rank. I've keep my Star Wars restaurant in the game so it will always be playable. Sometime this year, I plan to go back and do the Scoundrels with a new Sim.

Interesting how some have issues and others do not.

Picks today from Batuu

Star-Wars-2.jpg

Happy Simming!

Those bartenders and bald sims are actually aliens. If you try to recruit them for the first order mission, you'll get a message that they need to be human.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @DragonAge_300905 ... I haven't played the First Order missions at all. I've only played the Resistance. When I was recruiting for the Resistance, I only recruited while walking around either Black Spire Outpost or the First Order District. I never went into the cantina to recruit anyone.

By the way, I always found several humans walking around those two areas depending on the time of day. Yet, It does take time for people (humans and more aliens) to start showing up.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yeah, I'm not seeing any "Alien" Sims in Batuu either, so I left a "me too" and comment on AHQ. I hope it gets fixed in the next patch.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Yeah, Batuu is ruined without the alien masks. I feel bad for people that buy the pack new and don't even get to see how it should have looked. I was using the heck out of it when it first came out and was integrating batuu with my Sixam aliens but Batuu lost all of its appeal without SW aliens.
  • Options
    Left a “Me Too” as well Re: alien masks. I’d like to see that fixed soon alright. 🤔
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Hopefully they will fix the alien masks soon for those not seeing them. :#
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    A bit surprised there are 32k views on this thread. I thought everyone hated this pack lol
  • Options
    jimbbq wrote: »
    A bit surprised there are 32k views on this thread. I thought everyone hated this pack lol

Luckily not everybody is everyone lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top