Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• Options
    nali272nali272 Posts: 432 Member
    Thank you both @AlJay & @icanhassims.
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Borden Briefing:

Background -Adalynn Borden loves the city of San Myshuno and has wanted to live there for years… her dreams have finally come true. From Brindleton Bay to the city, unfortunately, it is a little expensive to be a homeowner and she does want to rent; so to compensate for the expense she will rent out one floor of the house. Adalynn ripped out the walls, to make way for your design but did not get to the basement. (it creeped me out) Adalynn has not decided which unit she wants to live in but knows that she wants a separate entrance and to enter via the front while the renter enters at the back.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHBorden BUDGET: $150,000 Lot size: 30x30 Floorplan: 2 story 0bd 0ba Lot/World I used: Waterside Warble, San Myshuno

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BFFA35A544BC11EB87F0F063F73A62CC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false
    Household gallery link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C35E16B444BC11EB87FDF063F73A62CC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=true

Exterior style:
    Brownstone - maintain the shape of the exterior walls, you can raise or lower or add a level.

Interior style:
    Modern Regence….Any removed trash, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any plumbing, windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget.

Landscape Style:
    Your choice.

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)

Gallery TAG: #RMHBorden - DUE 1/8/20 extra days for the holidays.
    O7kezUZ.png
    K4HdXwd.png
    7azyQiq.png
    jmO7wr5.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/mBTPqGH
    Post edited by nali272 on
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Hi @nali272 another great shell! I'm wondering what the items in the box were because nothing shows up for me when I move the box.
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @icanhassims I am so sorry, I was not thinking that the custom art would not upload in the boxes, I figured it would do the same as the walls. I will add the link to the art room in the briefing. Thank you for letting me know!!!! :D
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Borden Remodel
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/borden-remodel.html
    Leftover funds: 75,782
    Construction Notes: The first items to take care of was to partition the first floor to create a separate entrance to the stairs for the second floor as well as expand the basement to make room for Adalynn's engineering workspace. The first floor went to Adalynn, which is where you'll find the piece of art recommended for the build. The second floor is being rented out to a musician. We decided to go with different layouts of the apartments as a way to keep things creatively interesting.
    Pictures:
    12-26-20-12-08-02-pm_orig.png

Other sides (2 photos):
    12-26-20-12-07-33-pm.png
    12-26-20-12-07-45-pm.png

Top down views (2 photos):
    12-26-20-12-07-08-pm_orig.png
    12-26-20-12-07-04-pm_orig.png

Few additional screenshots (4 photos):
    12-26-20-12-02-49-pm.png
    12-26-20-12-03-54-pm.png
    12-26-20-12-05-35-pm.png
    12-26-20-12-05-58-pm.png
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    This looks really nice @icanhassims
  • Options
    Entry form
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link: Glamorous City living
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to slideshow: RMH - Borden
    Description: I chose to split the house into two sections and add a third floor for the bedrooms. Each unit somewhat mirrors the other with a few variations. I have decorated the home with glamorous décor, adding many mirrored and glass items to give the house a Modern Regency feel to it. Adalynn prefers darker shades as well as blue; while the renter's unit is brighter, using white and gold as a color scheme. They have a shared entrance in the basement for the laundry facilities and I have enlarged the rest of the basement for Adalynn's work space.
    Pictures:
    Left Side
    dVA5iP6.png
    Front
    L2zoLBz.png
    Right Side
    CKTxlVM.png
    top views
    First floor
    uUGTMkB.png
    Second floor
    Ybom1LM.png
    Third floor
    jibFwen.png
    Basement
    SGr7qSe.png
    Interior
    szwQDB5.png
    qzo1vyX.png
    B500W2Q.png
    OqpCMjW.png
    p8dMFsw.png
  • Options
    @nali272 I'm not sure if you were able to get the Snowy escape pack yet but I couldn't help myself and used the one rug from that pack because I love it so much. But at least this time nearly the whole house shouldn't disappear for you :s
  • Options
    Thank you @AlJay! I love what you did with the build as well! :)
  • Options
    @AlJay - It went on sale so I got it.. thanks for checking in. I will tour the builds soon. From the pictures they look great.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    edited December 2020
    Origin ID: Clousinators
    Link to the gallery: Borden Apartments
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes Please!
    Link to more photos/slideshow Borden Apartments Tour

I missed a few renos but this caught my attention :) Adalynn's unit will be the bottom one, it is slightly smaller but to make up for it your appliances are a step better than the tenant upstairs. This unit is closer to the work station and has the front entrance. I used the black and blue color scheme throughout Adalynn's unit to match her artwork and tried to make it more of an upscale modern look. The upstairs unit I left more basic so that the new tenants can decorate accordingly but it does have a few of Adalynn's paintings as well. The basement was expanded and I added a little sign for her office by the stairs.

Pictures:
    A3lsXhI.png
    eBdAjya.png
    OOGbojI.pngPMy73My.png
  • Options
    @icanhassims - I am loving the street lamps that you put across the front yard. The upper unit green is a nice modern regal style. I like how the space is open but sectioned off. I think a musician roommate will be happy in this space. Especially with that grand as the centerpiece of the unit. Adalynn's is a regal blue and also spacious, outstanding choice to use the curtain as a partition for the bedroom. Her small dining space is adorable along the bar is great to host friends. The office space will be used a lot for remote working. Adalynn's workspace in the basement will be conducive to coming with ideas to get that next invention out into the world. Thank you so much for cleaning up that laundry room and making it relaxing for her and her renter. Thank you for participating.

@Clousinators - Nice rotation of the lot; the exterior color, pillar, and doors you chose are wonderful. The landscaping is awesome. I am loving that grey brick wall. I would not have thought to place the room where you did, outstanding and relaxing! The top unit is very soothing. Adalynn's unit is beautiful. The blue is very regal. Amazed how you made the color schemes match the artwork. Great backdoor walkout. Her bedroom and bath also give a relaxing sensation. I think that Adalynn and her tenant will thrive in the atmosphere you have created for them. Loved how you turned the laundry into the office and created a new one. Out of curiosity what is the sign supposed to represent? Thank you for participating.

@AlJay - Splitting down the middle and adding the 3rd-floor works! Those entry doors on all levels are beautiful. Great choices on the exterior color and landscaping of the lot and flowerboxes take it to another level. Another very regal renovation. Both units have the same amount of sophistication. The bedrooms are made for the executive that Adalynn hopes to be in the future and have as a renter. The kitchen and dining rooms will be great for hosting co-workers to get that promotion. The archway between the living room/foyer is a great use. Giving her access to the basement without having to go outside is a great idea! By taking some space from the laundry room you have created a terrific workstation office for her. I have got to really look through objects better, I am seeing some for the 1st time again…lol. Your custom art is wonderful as always. Thank you for participating.

msmunkie - It took me a minute to figure out that you are a genius, that is the most elaborate split I would have never thought of. Giving them Adalynn a 4 story and the renter 3 just ingenious. This is a very regal and luxurious lot, The bathroom is lovely and inviting. She can host dinner for her co-workers in that dining room. The bedroom is very relaxing and she should be able to get a good night's rest there. And if she cannot relax there, she can go to the top floor for some yoga and San Myshuno skylines, this was beyond her asking and she is very grateful the permits were granted. Her workspace/office is a place for her to be creative. The renters unit is just gorgeous, she will get top rent for it, making her city living dreams a reality. A grand piano in the bedroom, who would have thunk it? It works! Loving the shelf across the bathroom wall at sink/toilet height, (will be putting that in my back pocket). Whoever rents this unit should be happy and not complain. Thank you for participating. (not sure what your name is on the forums but I wanted to give you credit.)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words @nali272 :)
  • Options
    @AlJay it is my pleasure!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I couldn't tell from your pictures which way the building was facing and this direction showed the house in the gallery view so thats why the lot is rotated (worked out with the view from the windows in the front), The sign doesn't necessarily mean anything, I just thought since Adalynn wanted a home office she should have a sign for it too :)
  • Options
    @Clousinators no worries, I had issue with house showing in the gallery early on. lol.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Weiss Briefing:

Background -Jared Weiss found this old orchard property with an abandoned barn, so he packed his belongings into his truck and has been living on the property in tent ever since. He believes that the barn can be turned into a home or at least part of it. He will need a place to hold equipment to return the orchard back into its former glory. So far, Jared has cleared a path to the barn but needs you to help him with the rest.

Gallery Lot ID: RMHWeiss BUDGET: $125,000 Lot size: 40x40 Floorplan: 0 story 0bd 0ba Lot/World I used: Chateau Frise, Brindleton Bay

Gallery Link: [url=Here [/url] https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C004BF5E521311EB8BB5F063F73A62CC?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=trinican&max=50&maxis=true

Household gallery link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7845405F521111EB8EC405BB85D44FD3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false

Exterior style:
    Farm/Barn house - maintain the original shape. You can adjust the roof to get more space on the second floor.

Interior style:
    Farmhouse, Any removed trash, plumbing, windows, doors, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any appliances and furniture do count towards the budget.

Landscape Style:
    Orchard / farm

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • convert the whole or part of the barn into a residence. If a full reno, please build a smaller barn somewhere in fields for equipment.
    • add a porch
    • 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, living room, kitchen.
    • Jared bought a beehive, it is on the truck, please find a place for it among the orchard.
    • Jared is good with an electric or off the grid set up.

Gallery TAG: #RMHWeiss - DUE Friday, Jan 22nd
    nmILL9g.jpg
    7htD7ms.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/BSj1HOk
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/926FC7AB52EB11EB8F6A05BB85D44FD3
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/weiss-remodel.html
    Leftover funds: 83,413
    Construction Notes: I first had to do some damage control as about a quarter of the orchard crop was diseased and had to be removed. The rest of the healthy crops were re-planted with a bit more space to allow them space to breathe. Once the original barn was emptied and cleaned out, it was given a new paint job both inside and out in a traditional farm manner. Less bulky doors were installed and windows put up. The main floor was divided up between living spaces, a guest bedroom, and the bathroom. The second floor was left to the master bedroom, including a small porch. In order to provide ample room for all of the farm tools and fizzy-making machine, a separate work shed was created in the field. Additional honey boxes were added and all placed just outside the shed. Lighting along the road was also erected as it was quite a dangerous drive at night. The landscaping was largely left as was with some light thinning as well as the removal of weeds in the field.
    Pictures:
    01-09-21-6-00-42-pm_orig.png

Other sides of the lot (4 photos):
    01-09-21-6-22-24-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-22-33-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-22-39-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-22-45-pm.png

Top-down views (3 photos):
    01-09-21-6-25-24-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-23-17-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-25-35-pm.png

Misc other screenshots; more available on website (7 photos):
    01-09-21-6-10-09-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-12-01-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-24-01-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-13-45-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-16-23-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-04-08-pm.png
    01-09-21-6-25-59-pm.png
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    It looks lovely.
  • Options
    Cannot wait to tour... it looks awesome.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thank you @Auroraskies and @nali272! <3
  • Options
    DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Oh this looks like a fun challenge and @icanhassims great job with it! Love the red and how you kept the inside clean, but still barnlike. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these :D I will not be participating though, I'm guessing about half of the stuff would disappear if I place this lol
  • Options
    Thank you @DeanXeL! You should definitely give it a try. Just download and see what comes up and work with that. I think the most important part of any challenge is having fun! :)
  • Options
    @DeanXeL Please, don't let the MOO cheat keep from participating. What is the saying, work with what you've got... I think that would add to the challenge.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    @nali272 I am not afraid of MOO, luckily, it is the fact that I only have the base game (been thinking about packs, but it is a toss-up between having more amazing things to work with vs a bigger challenge and making stuff everyone can use (and edit lol). I won't even have the bee boxes, I'm sire. Of course nothing a... uhm... nice wooden crate couldn't fix :D