Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will the game pack be announced?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Beginning of August
    Gamescom begins tomorrow

If we don't get the trailer this week with Gamescom I ll be shocked. What time does EA's presentation start Tomorrow. They ve been silent. I do know the New Star Wars Game is being revealed Tomorrow.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Gamescom begins tomorrow

If we don't get the trailer this week with Gamescom I ll be shocked. What time does EA's presentation start Tomorrow. They ve been silent. I do know the New Star Wars Game is being revealed Tomorrow.

If the new game pack IS Star Wars-themed my alien sim will love it.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2020
    End of August
    Announcement tomorrow! At Gamescom. Just announced on Twitter. I think this is the link to the live broadcast......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmuwW9IpJ0&feature=youtu.be

Plus the trailer for the whole of Gamescom night....
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Beginning of August
    You don't recon this will be a music pack do you?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    End of September

It'd be better than Star Wars.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Beginning of August

Y'all need to stop hating on SW xD.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Wow! I wonder if that little teaser clip is any indication of what the game pack will be. It looked like some sort of Dance Off/Singing reality show type thing. But, maybe that was just the "announcer's" excited intro dance.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    End of September
    Wow! I wonder if that little teaser clip is any indication of what the game pack will be. It looked like some sort of Dance Off/Singing reality show type thing. But, maybe that was just the "announcer's" excited intro dance.

I don't think so, the trailer looks all base game to me.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited August 2020
    Beginning of September
    SimGuruGeorge announced the day of the announcement which announced that the Game Pack will be announced tomorrow :p

Such a thing only happens with The Sims.

I really feel confinate we're going to get a Teaser Tomorrow and a Trailer on Wednesday.

Remember This last week?

• Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    edited August 2020
    End of August
    Cant wait for tomorrow I’d be chuffed with a music / reality show pack
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    SimGuruGeorge announced the day of the announcement which announced that the Game Pack will be announced tomorrow :p

Such a thing only happens with The Sims.

I really feel confinate we're going to get a Teaser Tomorrow and a Trailer on Wednesday.

Remember This last week?

It is really irritating how they toy with us all the time. This is why we get all hyped up for a pack because we have speculated to death and it turns out to be something out in left field. Then the disappointed threads start. Just announce and stop playing these games already. I was excited about farming speculating and we got EL. This is why I am not getting excited about the pack until I know what it is.

I miss the days of sims 2 when you got the upcoming pack inside the new expansion you bought. Then speculating was fun because you knew what was coming.

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    End of September

Y'all need to stop hating on SW xD.

Okay, okay, just for you, I'll say one nice thing about Star Wars.

John Williams' music.

The end.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I found this on Twitter. Let's play some Bingo.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    So we’ll get the answer tomorrow right ? It’s like they enjoy driving us nuts !
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Beginning of August
    Gordy wrote: »

mCGquwH.png
    my guess hahahah
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    Beginning of September
    These are my predictions:
    RQlOhR0.jpg
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited August 2020
    End of September
    *sigh* I was understanding of them not announcing the date of the announcement at first because I know things happen and force dates to move. I also know communities can get up in arms when this happens, even with vague dates, so sometimes it is better not to say anything.

However, this was Gamescon. They were always going to appear. There is absolutely no reason to wait and "tease the announcement" last minute.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I predict we’ll get Bingo with that whole bottom row, plus some more boxes checked.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Thinking of it - you who want sci-fi pack - don't get disappointed tomorrow! Would be better if Star Wars is saved for the next EP and not this GP, right?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Beginning of August

Anything would be better than Star Wars, now a music pack would be great but I took that trailer as if the Sim was the host of gamescom don't really see a tie in or hint to anything. Also I'm expecting multiple bingo winning options.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Beginning of September
    Thinking of it - you who want sci-fi pack - don't get disappointed tomorrow! Would be better if Star Wars is saved for the next EP and not this GP, right?

No. Because a Star Wars pack should be something Niche and not fundamentally changing the systems in the game - like all the game packs. A Star Wars EP would either be little more than a more extensive GP (like Island Living) or do something that changed the game substantially in a way that's likely to upset the reality players (making aliens base game, perhaps?)

Now, if it's not Star Wars, I'm not going to get upset and rant like people did with the Farming hoax. I'm okay with it being generic Sci-Fi, or something completely different. Not sure what else it could be with that icon, but even so. I can live with it. I will be disappointed for a moment, but not angry.

I don't need a huge Sci Fi world. 5-7 lots is fine. Would I want more? Sure. 11 lots like Jungle Adventure would be awesome. But I don't need to be able to visit Coruscant, or Kysshykk, or Dagobah, or Jakku, or Tattoinne (I know I mispelled some of those). Battu and Black Spire Outpost are enough. I don't need a Force user life state. I'd honestly sooner have Werewolves or even Pretty Pixies (Sorry, they're not Fae enough for my tastes to call them Faeries.) But if it comes with a force user life state, I'll enjoy playing with one. Haven't played a force user in over 20 years, and maybe it's time to revisit it.

I don't need it to be EP sized, and I think that might be overkill.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    End of August
    Looks like i was right with my guess. Speculation skills on point.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    End of August
    Forgot what I selected. 😄
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    End of August
    Tomorrow.