June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!
June 26 - Take a look at the Friday Highlight and discover some awesim discussions! Click me!

Ts4 destroyed my ability to enjoy ts2

1235...Next

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 11,642 Member
    @SimAlexandria ah, I see what you mean now, thanks for explaining!

I can tell I still have a fondness for all the old games as I always bring a lot of the old characters from them to play in TS4. For example, this morning I was playing the Helgason family from Aurora Skies in TS3. I think in TS2 I never, ever created my own sims - I always only played pre-mades. And it's nice that I can make them look better, graphically, in TS4.

I tend to make some of the old builds as well to play with - it all brings a little nostalgia to my current game since I find it impossible to actually play the old ones now.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 3,325 Member
    @SimAlexandria ah, I see what you mean now, thanks for explaining!

I can tell I still have a fondness for all the old games as I always bring a lot of the old characters from them to play in TS4. For example, this morning I was playing the Helgason family from Aurora Skies in TS3. I think in TS2 I never, ever created my own sims - I always only played pre-mades. And it's nice that I can make them look better, graphically, in TS4.

I tend to make some of the old builds as well to play with - it all brings a little nostalgia to my current game since I find it impossible to actually play the old ones now.

THat makes sense too. For me, I've always created my own sims and not had any interest in premades. I don't have any clue who the Helgason's are, and I'd say it's just because it was too long ago but I don't know who most the premades are in Sims 4 either haha since I Just replace everyone with my own sims, so the sims themselves aren't nostaligic for me even though I played the game :) Recreating them sounds fun though!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 35,998 Member
    I tried the other day to play TS4 again... it lasted about an hour.

I love TS2 game play and love the creativity of TS3. TS4 is over blown pretty pretty fluff - imo. Story set up fun? I guess but I'm not a storyteller. I like that the TS2 will make me work for it or throw a Cow mascot in there to mess up my preset plans.

I keep trying to finish The Sims but the camera controls frustrate me. I should try again tonight. :mrgreen:
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 106 Member
    That's funny because no matter how hard I try, I can't get into The Sims 4. EA even gave away the game for free, I installed it, I played a little bit and it just feels all wrong. The Sims 2 is the best Sims game for me, and none of the others come anywhere close. Not even Sims 1.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,314 Member
    edited June 30
    I am also bored with the sims 2 not because I do not like it but because I slowly learn back how to play it, too much autonomous as the sims 4 , the neighbohour that stay very long at home and always focused their attention in petting the cat , and no open carreers I am not used to play like that. I play a little bit and closed it asap...I was in the same state of mind when I started to play the sims 4. But ts2 is NOT an awful game ! I love the graphics , and how current the sims personality are (without sterotypes the sims 4 are) and the little details that made this game realistic (that I do not understand why the gurus deleted those details in ts3). and I am not lost at all because gameplay spoken I recognized a lot of things that also happened in the sims 3. I think the sims 2 are made for being played in 2020.
    I just need to find back my landmarks with.