April 9 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

Ts4 destroyed my ability to enjoy ts2

Comments

  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,376 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria So... What do you do with your sims?

    @Duvelina Swim, play on the beach (the all live in Sulani) make sandcastles, they are in a lot of clubs, most my sims are kids and tots so they do outdoor clubs, scouts, homework clubs etc, swingsets, playing dolls, fishing, the adult sims I do play work to conserve the beach and raise their kids (most have 9-14 kids and I use a foster home mod so they always have new foster kids they find adoptive homes for), Sulani festivals and the odd vacation in the Salvadorian jungle. They read books, chat with family, they are all family orientated and love spending time together. Before island living came out they lived in newcrest and spent a lot of time on the playground.

    Often I'll write a story and then recreate it in the sims, but often I just have them build relationships with siblings, aunts, uncles etc. The kids train, battle and trade void critters. They pllay cards and don't wake the llama and do group school projects. The adults tell stories to them all, the kids put on puppet shows. They just enjoy life in general!

    69ma10z.png
    @SimAlexandria
    Oh my god so many toddlers! Whoaaaa :lol: nice
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,248 Member
    edited August 2020
    TS4 made it impossible for me to play TS4. The poor quality of the graphics with this tech, not worth it. The over saturated fuzziness makes my eyes hurt. The doling out of stuff/expansions for years makes me dislike the game.
    This is my opinion. Every couple of months I try again... and it's still a lousy looking/playing game.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,814 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria So... What do you do with your sims?

    @Duvelina Swim, play on the beach (the all live in Sulani) make sandcastles, they are in a lot of clubs, most my sims are kids and tots so they do outdoor clubs, scouts, homework clubs etc, swingsets, playing dolls, fishing, the adult sims I do play work to conserve the beach and raise their kids (most have 9-14 kids and I use a foster home mod so they always have new foster kids they find adoptive homes for), Sulani festivals and the odd vacation in the Salvadorian jungle. They read books, chat with family, they are all family orientated and love spending time together. Before island living came out they lived in newcrest and spent a lot of time on the playground.

    Often I'll write a story and then recreate it in the sims, but often I just have them build relationships with siblings, aunts, uncles etc. The kids train, battle and trade void critters. They pllay cards and don't wake the llama and do group school projects. The adults tell stories to them all, the kids put on puppet shows. They just enjoy life in general!

    69ma10z.png
    @SimAlexandria
    Oh my god so many toddlers! Whoaaaa :lol: nice

    Haha yes I do love playing the younger sims ;)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,760 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria So... What do you do with your sims?

    @Duvelina Swim, play on the beach (the all live in Sulani) make sandcastles, they are in a lot of clubs, most my sims are kids and tots so they do outdoor clubs, scouts, homework clubs etc, swingsets, playing dolls, fishing, the adult sims I do play work to conserve the beach and raise their kids (most have 9-14 kids and I use a foster home mod so they always have new foster kids they find adoptive homes for), Sulani festivals and the odd vacation in the Salvadorian jungle. They read books, chat with family, they are all family orientated and love spending time together. Before island living came out they lived in newcrest and spent a lot of time on the playground.

    Often I'll write a story and then recreate it in the sims, but often I just have them build relationships with siblings, aunts, uncles etc. The kids train, battle and trade void critters. They pllay cards and don't wake the llama and do group school projects. The adults tell stories to them all, the kids put on puppet shows. They just enjoy life in general!


    So you play this over and over and over and over and over and ..... zzzzzzzzzz

    In TS2 you can do all these things only better, but there is a WHOLE LOT MORE that a family can do in a LOT MORE places together. Plus they can go to more worlds because it has its own Create a World. Moreover, relationships and personalities are much better implemented.

    I know you're trying to make TS4 sound like there's plenty to do and that there is family play and not just single young adult play, but honestly it's so boring! Maybe interesting for just an hour!


    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

    Screenshot-186.jpg


  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,814 Member
    edited August 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria So... What do you do with your sims?

    @Duvelina Swim, play on the beach (the all live in Sulani) make sandcastles, they are in a lot of clubs, most my sims are kids and tots so they do outdoor clubs, scouts, homework clubs etc, swingsets, playing dolls, fishing, the adult sims I do play work to conserve the beach and raise their kids (most have 9-14 kids and I use a foster home mod so they always have new foster kids they find adoptive homes for), Sulani festivals and the odd vacation in the Salvadorian jungle. They read books, chat with family, they are all family orientated and love spending time together. Before island living came out they lived in newcrest and spent a lot of time on the playground.

    Often I'll write a story and then recreate it in the sims, but often I just have them build relationships with siblings, aunts, uncles etc. The kids train, battle and trade void critters. They pllay cards and don't wake the llama and do group school projects. The adults tell stories to them all, the kids put on puppet shows. They just enjoy life in general!


    So you play this over and over and over and over and over and ..... zzzzzzzzzz

    In TS2 you can do all these things only better, but there is a WHOLE LOT MORE that a family can do in a LOT MORE places together. Plus they can go to more worlds because it has its own Create a World. Moreover, relationships and personalities are much better implemented.

    I know you're trying to make TS4 sound like there's plenty to do and that there is family play and not just single young adult play, but honestly it's so boring! Maybe interesting for just an hour!


    @ClarionOfJoy So you say this exact same thing over and over and over and over and over and ..... zzzzzzzzzz

    But yes, I do enjoy this style of game play over and over. You find it boring. I find it relaxing. *shrugs*. Honestly, I don't play my game for your entertainment, I play it for mine, therefore, I really couldn't care less if you find my play style boring.

    I prefer relationships and personalities in Sims 4 and don't really like the create a world tool. Sims 2 had better animations, but that isn't enough to make the game interesting for me. What I do find boring is having you reply pretty much the exact same thing to me every time I comment something positive about a game I enjoy, telling me how the older not-so-good (for me) versions are better for me.


    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,760 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria So... What do you do with your sims?

    @Duvelina Swim, play on the beach (the all live in Sulani) make sandcastles, they are in a lot of clubs, most my sims are kids and tots so they do outdoor clubs, scouts, homework clubs etc, swingsets, playing dolls, fishing, the adult sims I do play work to conserve the beach and raise their kids (most have 9-14 kids and I use a foster home mod so they always have new foster kids they find adoptive homes for), Sulani festivals and the odd vacation in the Salvadorian jungle. They read books, chat with family, they are all family orientated and love spending time together. Before island living came out they lived in newcrest and spent a lot of time on the playground.

    Often I'll write a story and then recreate it in the sims, but often I just have them build relationships with siblings, aunts, uncles etc. The kids train, battle and trade void critters. They pllay cards and don't wake the llama and do group school projects. The adults tell stories to them all, the kids put on puppet shows. They just enjoy life in general!


    So you play this over and over and over and over and over and ..... zzzzzzzzzz

    In TS2 you can do all these things only better, but there is a WHOLE LOT MORE that a family can do in a LOT MORE places together. Plus they can go to more worlds because it has its own Create a World. Moreover, relationships and personalities are much better implemented.

    I know you're trying to make TS4 sound like there's plenty to do and that there is family play and not just single young adult play, but honestly it's so boring! Maybe interesting for just an hour!


    @ClarionOfJoy So you say this exact same thing over and over and over and over and over and ..... zzzzzzzzzz

    But yes, I do enjoy this style of game play over and over. You find it boring. I find it relaxing. *shrugs*. Honestly, I don't play my game for your entertainment, I play it for mine, therefore, I really couldn't care less if you find my play style boring.

    I prefer relationships and personalities in Sims 4 and don't really like the create a world tool. Sims 2 had better animations, but that isn't enough to make the game interesting for me. What I do find boring is having you reply pretty much the exact same thing to me every time I comment something positive about a game I enjoy, telling me how the older not-so-good (for me) versions are better for me.

    In fact, I'm bored enough by it that I've put you on ignore for now. Since you are clearly so bothered that I enjoy Sims 4 the most, I'd suggest you ignore me to, but of course, that's up to you.


    I already mention that relationships in TS2 are far superior and really do matter, affecting how they feel and act toward each other. Relationships in TS4 are EXTREMELY shallow. If a close relative dies, it won't matter because the surviving sims will just forget about them and be happy again. How is that better for your family play?!??

    I'm also puzzled why you would think personalities are better in TS4 when they are all the same no matter what. TS2 has a much better personality system that produces far more unique sims that all react differently from each other in any given situation. It's dishonest to represent it the way you have because it's simply not true.

    I also know you keep posting about your gameplay in hopes that other readers will buy the game, but I want them to know that there are far better alternatives. It might be relaxing for you to play with such limited features in TS4, but for the prices of the basegame and packs, it's just not worth it. With TS2, you get far more bang for your buck because you can play it relaxed if you wish, but you can play it so many other ways too with more things to do and far more places to explore (you don't even need to create your own worlds if you don't want to - there are plenty already made)

    I don't care if you put me on ignore - I'm posting this more towards other readers so that they have both sides to make a more well informed decision with where their money should go.


    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

    Screenshot-186.jpg


  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,814 Member
    edited August 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria So... What do you do with your sims?

    @Duvelina Swim, play on the beach (the all live in Sulani) make sandcastles, they are in a lot of clubs, most my sims are kids and tots so they do outdoor clubs, scouts, homework clubs etc, swingsets, playing dolls, fishing, the adult sims I do play work to conserve the beach and raise their kids (most have 9-14 kids and I use a foster home mod so they always have new foster kids they find adoptive homes for), Sulani festivals and the odd vacation in the Salvadorian jungle. They read books, chat with family, they are all family orientated and love spending time together. Before island living came out they lived in newcrest and spent a lot of time on the playground.

    Often I'll write a story and then recreate it in the sims, but often I just have them build relationships with siblings, aunts, uncles etc. The kids train, battle and trade void critters. They pllay cards and don't wake the llama and do group school projects. The adults tell stories to them all, the kids put on puppet shows. They just enjoy life in general!


    So you play this over and over and over and over and over and ..... zzzzzzzzzz

    In TS2 you can do all these things only better, but there is a WHOLE LOT MORE that a family can do in a LOT MORE places together. Plus they can go to more worlds because it has its own Create a World. Moreover, relationships and personalities are much better implemented.

    I know you're trying to make TS4 sound like there's plenty to do and that there is family play and not just single young adult play, but honestly it's so boring! Maybe interesting for just an hour!


    @ClarionOfJoy So you say this exact same thing over and over and over and over and over and ..... zzzzzzzzzz

    But yes, I do enjoy this style of game play over and over. You find it boring. I find it relaxing. *shrugs*. Honestly, I don't play my game for your entertainment, I play it for mine, therefore, I really couldn't care less if you find my play style boring.

    I prefer relationships and personalities in Sims 4 and don't really like the create a world tool. Sims 2 had better animations, but that isn't enough to make the game interesting for me. What I do find boring is having you reply pretty much the exact same thing to me every time I comment something positive about a game I enjoy, telling me how the older not-so-good (for me) versions are better for me.

    In fact, I'm bored enough by it that I've put you on ignore for now. Since you are clearly so bothered that I enjoy Sims 4 the most, I'd suggest you ignore me to, but of course, that's up to you.




    I also know you keep posting about your gameplay in hopes that other readers will buy the game, but I want them to know that there are far better alternatives.


    Apparently I still get notifications anyways if I'm following a thread. Not sure how to fix it. But I think I'll just unfollow the thread. Sorry to the OP, I agree with you but I've nothing else to add to the conversation that is new haha!

    But @ClarionOfJoy since I'm here, I may as well reply, I guess. At least to the one bolded line I've quoted. The other stuff is just repeats again which I've already answered you about in the past and I'm bored with telling you the same thing. But that one line was new to me. Also Someone pm'd me that apparently my last line was not allowed to be posted, so I've edited to remove. I apologize.


    I post about my game play because I love the game. It's enjoyable to me, and I love talking about it with others who also love it. Chatting about what my sims are doing, my families, etc if fun for me. And... in this case, because I was directly asked about my game play style?

    I'm not sure where you got the idea that I want readers to buy sims 4 lol!!!

    I've never said that and don't even think it. I'm not EA's salesperson so I couldn't care less what others buy!! (Unless they are buying it for me as a gift, but that hasn't happened ever hahaha!) In fact, I'm not really a sales type personality at all.

    I don't even recommend sims 4 over sims 2 or 3 to people that right out ask which one to buy, which I see on reddit quite a bit. When people ask what version to buy I say something along the lines of: "My personal preference is Sims 4 but I know a lot of others prefer 2 or 3, so it all depends on what you are looking for. Sims 2 has deeper personalities and the best animations, sims 3 has an open world and colour wheel and more realistic looking sims, sims 4 has a nicer art style, a gallery to share sims/builds with others, they are more cartoony and the sims are better if you like to use your imagination to create stories (which is the most important thing for me but not everyone's cup of tea). I'd recommend checking out some let's play videos on each version and pick the one you think you'd like best. All three are great games depending on what you are looking for, however you may have trouble finding sims 2 as it's not available for sale by EA anymore so if you prefer that one you'll likely need to purchase second hand somewhere. Also, make sure to check that whatever version you like will run okay on your computer."

    And then there's a few people that ask that it's obvious which version would be best for them so I recommend that version regardless of what it is and the one time I told someone that, based on what they were saying, I didn't think they'd like any version.

    However, when people ask about my personal playstyle and what I do in the game, which was the case here, I'm quite happy to chat about my sims and what I love about Sims 4 because, after all, it's my fav of the bunch. ANd sometimes talking about games that you love can be fun. At least... for me.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 2,463 Member
    @SimAlexandria

    Those screenshots are great! The action in them looks very natural. I can’t imagine looking after all those toddlers in my game. Just having one of them is mayhem (so I naturally tend to skip that life stage :s ).

    The first image had me chuckle because of my stupid sense of humor:

    69ma10z.png
    The little toddler building a sandcastle with her dad has a dirty nappy. No one in the image seems to have noticed, except for that little guy on the far left. The stench appears to have affected his ability to think.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited August 2020

    However, when people ask about my personal playstyle and what I do in the game, which was the case here, I'm quite happy to chat about my sims and what I love about Sims 4 because, after all, it's my fav of the bunch. ANd sometimes talking about games that you love can be fun. At least... for me.


    This thread is all about bashing TS2 to pump up TS4, but I wanted to throw in a contrasting opinion. TS2 is not a perfect game, but it's far closer to being one than TS4. It definitely is not boring with limited and repetitive gameplay like TS4. It's not even anywhere near as buggy!

    I know someone asked you, but when you described your gameplay, it just brought up for me one of the main reasons why I hate TS4 so much: its limited features and repetitive gameplay. And this is a major fault of TS4. You didn't even mention how buggy it is, but I remembered that too. Just even thinking about having to do all the things you mentioned over and over again bored the heck out of me. I'd be so tee'd off I I spent so much money on it only to keep playing the same things over and over again.

    And then I thought of TS2 and how it did so many things right: strong memory, personality and relationship systems, a game much better suited for family play; plus tons of a wide variety of things to do and places to go in comparison to TS4, all of which worked properly and didn't add to an ever growing pile of bugs. Content wise, it was all there in a timely manner where no one had to keep begging for things missing for years like with TS4..... I just didn't think bashing TS2 in light of TS4 was justified.

    It would be nice if TS4 can exist without having to try to bring down its older but better siblings!


    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

    Screenshot-186.jpg


  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2020
    Now I fixed my sims 2 game and I can finally play it, TS4 does not affect my ability to play TS2 at all, neither it doesn't affect me the enjoyement I have for the sims 3, it is still intouched. I play the 3 games and I do not care of people thinks of because you often act so weird in this community you are always chasing people who enjoys only the sims 4 or only the sims 3 with a passionate hate you are ridiculous in the end !
    TS4 lacks of gameplay ? Download mods which add gameplay the modding community is brillant and they bring everything you need even before EA. Same for the sims 3 and the sims 2 mod community that bring so much !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,551 Member
    edited August 2020
    One of the biggest problems I see about TS4 is how it has changed what was supposed to be a game about fun things that happen to humans. The Sims to me was always a parody of life. Good, bad, the ugly. But these days all we hear is someone saying we aren't playing it right. We aren't diverse enough, we don't have enough diversity in our town we might be playing, when the person might be imagining a themed place and Sims. That we don't have enough diversity in genders in our played game, but the person may be playing all dwarfs, or hobbits which happened to have been male in the eye of their mind. Or that we shouldn't be playing a Victorian aged game because of women's suffrage.

    Over and over again we see on forums and fansites how we are playing TS4 all wrong. That no it's not a game where you can imagine anything or about anything but we must conform to the idea it's a representation game of ourselves and if we aren't representing all peoples in our little town we are not playing TS4 correctly. Many, many times we are asked in polls how many of this or that do we have in our game. As if, if we don't then we aren't playing this game correctly.

    It truly is the take away I see from how we just used to enjoy playing The Sims, or TS2 or even TS3, where we imagined anything and everything and played our way, but with TS4 if you don't play the way somone else thinks you should be playing then you are shamed and disgraced for your lack of diversity in your game, all the while those same players who have the loudest voices would never want any faith Sims in their game or yours, because that would be the wrong type of representation, just anyone else but not that.

    TS4 to me is one of the worst games that represents any type of fun such as I enjoy alien and vampires, werewolves etc. but if the 'human' representational Sim is afriad of and or dislikes any of those fantasy characters( which is funny to me) we are told then the game is bigoted toward aliens and vampires etc.

    It's all about this is the way it should be played and if we are told here and every where if we don't agree with that or them and still see The Sims as a parody of life and imaginations then we aren't playing it right. We are told it's not about that at all but how diverse we can look to others.

    Those are my feelings from the heart and it is only some of the reasons I play the older games where I have an actual safe space (as if I ever needed one) where I can enjoy the games my way without any judgement on my game play or if I have green Sims or purple Sims in my games. Or no females and or males or any other identified gender because I might have all gargoles in my game. But that wouldn't be divese enough for some.

    And the very sad thing is Maxis agrees with most players who are telling the rest of us we aren't playing TS4 right.

    I'm thankful Will Wright undestood gameplay and why TS1 and TS2 or still so well loved. Safe to play anything we could imagine. And even Rod Humble over TS3 also understood this, it's about the depth and the gameplay and not representation. Those are why those games are so well loved so much. It's call freedom to play our way.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited August 2020
    Now I fixed my sims 2 game and I can finally play it, TS4 does not affect my ability to play TS2 at all, neither it doesn't affect me the enjoyement I have for the sims 3, it is still intouched. I play the 3 games and I do not care of people thinks of because you often act so weird in this community you are always chasing people who enjoys only the sims 4 or only the sims 3 with a passionate hate you are ridiculous in the end !
    TS4 lacks of gameplay ? Download mods which add gameplay the modding community is brillant and they bring everything you need even before EA. Same for the sims 3 and the sims 2 mod community that bring so much !


    Yes TS4 lacks gameplay. You never needed to install any gameplay in TS2 because the devs did their job like they're suppose to. Now the modders are doing the devs' jobs only they're not getting paid for it. And you people are encouraging this by buying this piece of trash game and making excuses for it's poor quality.. I'm not the one who is being ridiculous, smh......


    Took a quick snapshot of my active sim with her date riding the roller coaster at the amusement park:
    The look of sheer terror is priceless, lol!

    Screenshot-186.jpg


  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,814 Member
    @SimAlexandria

    Those screenshots are great! The action in them looks very natural. I can’t imagine looking after all those toddlers in my game. Just having one of them is mayhem (so I naturally tend to skip that life stage :s ).

    The first image had me chuckle because of my stupid sense of humor:

    69ma10z.png
    The little toddler building a sandcastle with her dad has a dirty nappy. No one in the image seems to have noticed, except for that little guy on the far left. The stench appears to have affected his ability to think.

    Hahahahaha! Yes, that's little Lloyd with the dirty nappy. His dad changed it right afterwards as it had just happened but I never noticed his stepbrother Corey covering his nose before!! That is hilarious!!!!

    And it IS mayham but I usually handle the little ones just fine haha! Completing 100 baby challenge taught me a lot haha, and while I play them a lot, if my focus for the day happens to be an older sim, I'll just cheat up their needs to make it easy lol!!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited August 2020

    Those screenshots are great! The action in them looks very natural. I can’t imagine looking after all those toddlers in my game. Just having one of them is mayhem (so I naturally tend to skip that life stage :s ).

    The first image had me chuckle because of my stupid sense of humor:

    The little toddler building a sandcastle with her dad has a dirty nappy. No one in the image seems to have noticed, except for that little guy on the far left. The stench appears to have affected his ability to think.

    Hahahahaha! Yes, that's little Lloyd with the dirty nappy. His dad changed it right afterwards as it had just happened but I never noticed his stepbrother Corey covering his nose before!! That is hilarious!!!!

    And it IS mayham but I usually handle the little ones just fine haha! Completing 100 baby challenge taught me a lot haha, and while I play them a lot, if my focus for the day happens to be an older sim, I'll just cheat up their needs to make it easy lol!!

    Ah, Lloyd is a little boy! :D
    I can’t even imagine how someone is able to complete the 100 baby challenge! Fair play! How long does it take?

    I often start a new household or a new save whenever a baby is born in my household.
    Usually the sims I play happen to be (unintentionally) runaway dads.....
    ...gosh it’s awful now I think of it. 🤭
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,814 Member

    Those screenshots are great! The action in them looks very natural. I can’t imagine looking after all those toddlers in my game. Just having one of them is mayhem (so I naturally tend to skip that life stage :s ).

    The first image had me chuckle because of my stupid sense of humor:

    The little toddler building a sandcastle with her dad has a dirty nappy. No one in the image seems to have noticed, except for that little guy on the far left. The stench appears to have affected his ability to think.

    Hahahahaha! Yes, that's little Lloyd with the dirty nappy. His dad changed it right afterwards as it had just happened but I never noticed his stepbrother Corey covering his nose before!! That is hilarious!!!!

    And it IS mayham but I usually handle the little ones just fine haha! Completing 100 baby challenge taught me a lot haha, and while I play them a lot, if my focus for the day happens to be an older sim, I'll just cheat up their needs to make it easy lol!!

    Ah, Lloyd is a little boy! :D
    I can’t even imagine how someone is able to complete the 100 baby challenge! Fair play! How long does it take?

    I often start a new household or a new save whenever a baby is born in my household.
    Usually the sims I play happen to be (unintentionally) runaway dads.....
    ...gosh it’s awful now I think of it. 🤭

    Haha I think 100 baby challenge took me around 9 months.. About the time it took to have a real baby.. Except mine was born at 8 months so I guess longer lol!! Honestly I've been wanting to do it again but haven't had a chance yet lol

  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 2,463 Member

    Those screenshots are great! The action in them looks very natural. I can’t imagine looking after all those toddlers in my game. Just having one of them is mayhem (so I naturally tend to skip that life stage :s ).

    The first image had me chuckle because of my stupid sense of humor:

    The little toddler building a sandcastle with her dad has a dirty nappy. No one in the image seems to have noticed, except for that little guy on the far left. The stench appears to have affected his ability to think.

    Hahahahaha! Yes, that's little Lloyd with the dirty nappy. His dad changed it right afterwards as it had just happened but I never noticed his stepbrother Corey covering his nose before!! That is hilarious!!!!

    And it IS mayham but I usually handle the little ones just fine haha! Completing 100 baby challenge taught me a lot haha, and while I play them a lot, if my focus for the day happens to be an older sim, I'll just cheat up their needs to make it easy lol!!

    Ah, Lloyd is a little boy! :D
    I can’t even imagine how someone is able to complete the 100 baby challenge! Fair play! How long does it take?

    I often start a new household or a new save whenever a baby is born in my household.
    Usually the sims I play happen to be (unintentionally) runaway dads.....
    ...gosh it’s awful now I think of it. 🤭

    Haha I think 100 baby challenge took me around 9 months.. About the time it took to have a real baby.. Except mine was born at 8 months so I guess longer lol!! Honestly I've been wanting to do it again but haven't had a chance yet lol

    9 months?! 😳 So that’s roughly a 100 simulated babies for every single real baby...

    I have nothing but appreciation for mothers. The real life ones and the simulated ones.

    I never participate in challenges, but the next time I play The Sims, Im going start a new save, make a kid and try and raise it. For me that means a minimum of 3 Sims in my household, which is a challenge in itself.
    At least it will spice up my game until the next pack is released...and by that time the kid should be grown up, and can (hopefully) go on a Space Adventure and become an Interstellar Smuggler.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,722 Member
    TS2 is far from perfect, but animations and the sims themselves feel much more alive.
    Behold! The Meatball!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 19,636 Member
    @SimAlexandria thanks for sharing those lovely photos of your gameplay. I don't normally play with more than one toddler at a time but you've inspired me to give it a try.
    Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. 😊
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,144 Member
    edited August 2020
    troshalom wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    So...you’re simply not used to TS2’s difficulty level I suppose or the gameplay. Also there’s a remarkable cheat you can use to freely place down things.

    @Sigzy05 I haven't played TS2 in years, I played a little for the vids I made late 2019. When I got TS3, I didn't go back to play it much. What I did like was the towns I created in simCity 4 I could add to TS2 and build a world from scratch. I do miss that in TS4.

    That's what I did too and do regret now. I really think I enjoyed SimCity4 Rush Hour more than Sims 2 at the time. I loved the CC for Sim 2 and spent more time hunting for it than playing. I've still got CDs full of it. :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,814 Member

    Those screenshots are great! The action in them looks very natural. I can’t imagine looking after all those toddlers in my game. Just having one of them is mayhem (so I naturally tend to skip that life stage :s ).

    The first image had me chuckle because of my stupid sense of humor:

    The little toddler building a sandcastle with her dad has a dirty nappy. No one in the image seems to have noticed, except for that little guy on the far left. The stench appears to have affected his ability to think.

    Hahahahaha! Yes, that's little Lloyd with the dirty nappy. His dad changed it right afterwards as it had just happened but I never noticed his stepbrother Corey covering his nose before!! That is hilarious!!!!

    And it IS mayham but I usually handle the little ones just fine haha! Completing 100 baby challenge taught me a lot haha, and while I play them a lot, if my focus for the day happens to be an older sim, I'll just cheat up their needs to make it easy lol!!

    Ah, Lloyd is a little boy! :D
    I can’t even imagine how someone is able to complete the 100 baby challenge! Fair play! How long does it take?

    I often start a new household or a new save whenever a baby is born in my household.
    Usually the sims I play happen to be (unintentionally) runaway dads.....
    ...gosh it’s awful now I think of it. 🤭

    Haha I think 100 baby challenge took me around 9 months.. About the time it took to have a real baby.. Except mine was born at 8 months so I guess longer lol!! Honestly I've been wanting to do it again but haven't had a chance yet lol

    9 months?! 😳 So that’s roughly a 100 simulated babies for every single real baby...

    I have nothing but appreciation for mothers. The real life ones and the simulated ones.

    I never participate in challenges, but the next time I play The Sims, Im going start a new save, make a kid and try and raise it. For me that means a minimum of 3 Sims in my household, which is a challenge in itself.
    At least it will spice up my game until the next pack is released...and by that time the kid should be grown up, and can (hopefully) go on a Space Adventure and become an Interstellar Smuggler.

    ty!!! And yeah, for me. I've seen some people complete the challenge in only a month or two and I've seen some take 2-3 years haha! So I guess I'm pretty middle of the line. I don't really to challenges either, but since I love the kids so much I did that one and it really was a blast haha! Good luck raising your future Space Smuggler hahahaha!!!!!!!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,814 Member
    @SimAlexandria thanks for sharing those lovely photos of your gameplay. I don't normally play with more than one toddler at a time but you've inspired me to give it a try.

    yw! Yes, you gotta at least try 2 at some point because their interections with each other are soooo adorable haha! Plus they can raise skills with each other like babbling to the other one for communications etc.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,161 Member
    @SimAlexandria: Great picture.
    :) Smile!

  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,189 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I just created a family of 3 and made them hate each other. So their relationship is all red. Left alone they just carry on living as if they were friends. Watch tv eat chatting nicely with each other..... pure lie.

    I did the same. I was so excited about TS4 "Smarter Sims" and the upcoming emotion system. The first family that I made consisted of an orphaned teen girl whose aunt moved into her home after her parents died. When I put them into the house, they despised each other. Yet, they kept seeking each other out, chatting it up, watching television together, and even hugging. When they became friends despite my intention for the game, I knew that "You rule", "Smarter Sims", and the emotion system were nothing but false advertising.

    After so many chances, I've never seen anything from that promotional material actually make it into my game. If decisions that the player makes was supposed to be impactful, at the least, Sims should have been able to remember what happened two seconds ago.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    When I played I literally played it all night and didn’t get bored not once.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2020
    Now I fixed my sims 2 game and I can finally play it, TS4 does not affect my ability to play TS2 at all, neither it doesn't affect me the enjoyement I have for the sims 3, it is still intouched. I play the 3 games and I do not care of people thinks of because you often act so weird in this community you are always chasing people who enjoys only the sims 4 or only the sims 3 with a passionate hate you are ridiculous in the end !
    TS4 lacks of gameplay ? Download mods which add gameplay the modding community is brillant and they bring everything you need even before EA. Same for the sims 3 and the sims 2 mod community that bring so much !


    Yes TS4 lacks gameplay. You never needed to install any gameplay in TS2 because the devs did their job like they're suppose to. Now the modders are doing the devs' jobs only they're not getting paid for it. And you people are encouraging this by buying this piece of trash game and making excuses for it's poor quality.. I'm not the one who is being ridiculous, smh......


    You treat me as ridiculous? Your answer is !
    Nobody force you to buy and to play the sims 4 absolutely nobody , so if you buy the sims 4 or even to play the sims franchise, there are a lot of other franchise to play else and second point, no the devs didn't do enough for adding gameplay and animations in both sims 2 and sims 3 if it was the case , mods which add gameplay even a little bit of didn't exist. After, a lot of sims 4 players outside this toxic forum enjoys the sims 4 without any mods.


    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top