Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ts4 destroyed my ability to enjoy ts2

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @SimAlexandria ah, I see what you mean now, thanks for explaining!

I can tell I still have a fondness for all the old games as I always bring a lot of the old characters from them to play in TS4. For example, this morning I was playing the Helgason family from Aurora Skies in TS3. I think in TS2 I never, ever created my own sims - I always only played pre-mades. And it's nice that I can make them look better, graphically, in TS4.

I tend to make some of the old builds as well to play with - it all brings a little nostalgia to my current game since I find it impossible to actually play the old ones now.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    @SimAlexandria ah, I see what you mean now, thanks for explaining!

I can tell I still have a fondness for all the old games as I always bring a lot of the old characters from them to play in TS4. For example, this morning I was playing the Helgason family from Aurora Skies in TS3. I think in TS2 I never, ever created my own sims - I always only played pre-mades. And it's nice that I can make them look better, graphically, in TS4.

I tend to make some of the old builds as well to play with - it all brings a little nostalgia to my current game since I find it impossible to actually play the old ones now.

THat makes sense too. For me, I've always created my own sims and not had any interest in premades. I don't have any clue who the Helgason's are, and I'd say it's just because it was too long ago but I don't know who most the premades are in Sims 4 either haha since I Just replace everyone with my own sims, so the sims themselves aren't nostaligic for me even though I played the game :) Recreating them sounds fun though!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I tried the other day to play TS4 again... it lasted about an hour.

I love TS2 game play and love the creativity of TS3. TS4 is over blown pretty pretty fluff - imo. Story set up fun? I guess but I'm not a storyteller. I like that the TS2 will make me work for it or throw a Cow mascot in there to mess up my preset plans.

I keep trying to finish The Sims but the camera controls frustrate me. I should try again tonight. :mrgreen:
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    That's funny because no matter how hard I try, I can't get into The Sims 4. EA even gave away the game for free, I installed it, I played a little bit and it just feels all wrong. The Sims 2 is the best Sims game for me, and none of the others come anywhere close. Not even Sims 1.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am also bored with the sims 2 not because I do not like it but because I slowly learn back how to play it, too much autonomous as the sims 4 , the neighbohour that stay very long at home and always focused their attention in petting the cat , and no open carreers I am not used to play like that. I play a little bit and closed it asap...I was in the same state of mind when I started to play the sims 4. But ts2 is NOT an awful game ! I love the graphics , and how current the sims personality are (without sterotypes the sims 4 are) and the little details that made this game realistic (that I do not understand why the gurus deleted those details in ts3). and I am not lost at all because gameplay spoken I recognized a lot of things that also happened in the sims 3. I think the sims 2 are made for being played in 2020.
    I just need to find back my landmarks with.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I wonder if this happens to anyone else. I launched TS2 today (mac super collection) played for a short while and got frustrated and closed it. Going to a community lot Down town is a drag, pick up the phone wait for the taxi then two loading screens. When you come back the time is all messed up. Getting a job promotion requires keeping up with friendships ... it is rather illogical and irritating ! And CAS omg without CC there are like 5 clothes for kids lol. Building and placing items is rage inducing. Yea ts4 has a lot of problem but it has made some significant improvements too. It makes gameplay very streamlined (sometimes way too much though) CAS and BB items are amazing. Building is super fun. We just need some long term gameplay like harder aspirations (This is where ts2 shines) and Ts3 real estates system to spend your money. Hopefully the sims team is listening to us and make ts4 an amazing game it is meant to be.

Why didn't you just walk to a community lot? The time freeze was one of my favorite things about TS2. I could take my Sims somewhere, stay til four or five o'clock a.m or whenever, then go back home, catch a nap and then send my Sim to work. Usually when they got back home, they needed a shower and sleep, I was glad to have that extra time before they had to go back to the grind. I never had to struggle Sim friends in TS2. When they added BFF, I hated that feature, because man, I couldn't even make best friends become an enemy anymore. :/ Yes, they would be angry, yes they would argue etc. but once they are BFFs they are always going to remain BFFs. Once you have the relationship points up and are BFFs they never have to call each other again, not even for years. See it's an oxymoron. How can anyone have twenty best friends when Best means Best...it drove me crazy to think about that oxymoron. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Why is TS2 being trashed? Is it going to be released again on PC??? Maybe because it's on Mac and is outshining TS4 there???

I used to love TS2, but TS3 took it's place when it came along. It's still better than TS4 though in every way, especially in terms of working gameplay and content. I never used mods for it with my computer back in the day - it never needed them. With my computer now, I only use 1 mod to keep the witches from showing up and lagging my game.

If you have a MAC, you owe it to yourself to buy the better closed world - The Sims 2!!!

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited July 2020
    Not sure if I posted on this thread but I feel it's the other way around for me. I owned and played all 4 installments in the game. To me, TS2 ruined my ability to play TS4. I can go into S4 and create a Sim and play that Sim in a world for like 30 minutes to an hour. Then I am done. I can create a Sim in S2 and literally play for hours. For me right now, my favorite age group is the Young Adult age group so I'm playing all the premade Teens and Young Adults and sending them all to University.

For me, I think it's because I can: 1) Start a Sim in the CAS Young Adult stage; 2) Age a Teen up to Young Adult; or 3) Go to the Student Bin, pick a YA student and put them in a dorm. There they can work on coursework, term papers, go to class, gain skills and friends (for a job level boost once they enter their chosen field) before ever even going to work at a job. Usually they also meet a future spouse in college too. I enjoy the personalities (Zodiac sign assignment), attraction, chemistry, Turn Ons/Turn Offs, jealousy, Aspirations, Wants, and Fears that combine to create gameplay that I actually enjoy.

I also enjoy the fact that you can actually tell the difference between teens, young adults and adults in Sims 2 (the voice is the same for Teens and Young Adults, but deeper for Adults). Also, each age has different clothes that only they can wear.

I love the time feature when sending a Sim to a community lot. I can get in extra class sessions when going to a University lot because they arrive back to the dorm at the same time they left. This way they can improve their needs and get some extra work done before having to leave for class again.

The other feature I love is that in S2, the length of time in college is actually 4 full years. I just do not enjoy the crunched time in the other versions along with the ability to go back later. I just like doing 4 years and getting it over with. I do wish they could go back and continue being a Young Adult for a longer period of time or that the Young Adult age was not tied to college, though.

I have found that I do not enjoy the college experience in Sims 3 or 4 as much as I do in Sims 2.
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    The Sims 2 has always been my least favorite so I'm a little biased against it despite my efforts to enjoy it. I always want to play because there's a lot of stuff I never did in it especially since I got the Ultimate Collection when they released it for free and it had expansions I never bought. However everytime I start it up I get bored/frustrated by how limited the lifetime aspirations makes the gameplay and I end up with the therapist showing up more often than not because I don't have a strong desire to fulfill wants. I wish I could find a mod that just got rid of of them completely.

Not to mention it didn't run well when I first got it and had to download a bunch of mods to keep it from breaking. I remember you had to reset the genetics every time you played or else every baby looked the same and that vampires would autonomously bite NPCs that would crash the game when turned. I tried to play without a lot of mods but I do still run into a lot of glitches that never got fixed (Luckly not game breaking ones). I also lost a lot of the CC and Mods that made the game more enjoyable for me.

After 3 came out I really had no desire to return to the game until recently because of nostalgia and seeing a lot of cool stuff about 2 on the forums. I really didn't want to turn into full rant mode, I just really wish I did enjoy this game a lot more than I do. Maybe I'll attempt a legacy challenge or play my favorite "Leave the Sims unpaused while I do other things and see what kind mess they get into" challenge. Since I feel bad for bashing it so much, I will say retail business and university were done the best in 2.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The Sims 2 is & always will be my favorite game. The level of customization, attention to detail and general quirkiness of the game is something that has yet to be rivaled. Add CC to S2 and it reaches a crazy level of addictive enjoyment, I've yet to find again in other Sims games.
    Sure Sims1 was great but nothing tops 2. C'mon! The -noticeably different- life stages, vamps, zombies, werewolves, plant sims were done so well! The family trees whne sims were related, they knew!! & the whole expansion packs!! Wow, What a time to be a simmer!
    I Wish, sooo badly! This edition had the features I miss from S2, too bad... maybe they will make them again... 20 years in, watered down and over priced..
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    People seem to forget The Sims 2 is from 2004....

Of course it's going to be limited but at least apprieciate all the thing we got from it. It really shaped The Sims 4 in a lot of ways.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I was planning to go and play Sims 2 again... A spend a whole day setting everything up and then I realized there was no story progression...
    And I just gave up. I can not play without story progression... I am glad that Sims 4 has a mod for it, but sadly no mod for it in Sims 2.

And I know I can play rational, but it's not my type of gameplay.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Well I'm glad I don't have the same issues you have because I was just able to get My Sims 2 game to run without crashing every 5 minutes (Curse you, Windows 10) and I'm having more of a blast on Sims 2 than I've had on Sims 4 in years.
    edited July 2020
    Simmivie wrote: »
    I was planning to go and play Sims 2 again... A spend a whole day setting everything up and then I realized there was no story progression...
    And I just gave up. I can not play without story progression... I am glad that Sims 4 has a mod for it, but sadly no mod for it in Sims 2.

TS2 actually has quite a bit of story progression you might not see if you don't play rotationally.

1. Your own Sims may get involved with other Sims on a community lot. Granted they won't get married or get pregnant.
    2. Your own Sims will gain many more friends and may have deeper attachements and relationships with townies or other Sims you play because they met them on community lots while you played another household.
    3. Your own Sims can die on community lots, and so can townies, even while you play other households.
    4. Your own Sims can and do get in fights and form enemies on community lots while you play other households.
    5. Your own Sims can get fatter while you play other Sims, especially if you see them in restuarants because they will always pick their preferred foods, such as cake, or lobster or turkey or some other dish that makes TS2 Sims gain weight.
    6. Your own Sims may already be friends with their coworkers while you play other households. They may have been out on community lots and formed relationships with them.
    7. Your own Sims may have already met their near by neighbors because they saw them on a community lot and greeted them.
    8. Downtown, Your own Sims may have already met the Mr. Big and Diva, the Count and Countess while you played other Sims.
    9. Your own Sims may have been lectured by Mrs. Crumplebottom while out on a community while you played other Sims.
    10. University, your own Sims may already have a stalking Professor because your Sim met them on a community lot while you played other Sims.
    11. They may have already been mugged by the Unsavory Charleton.
    12. They may have already formed a relationship with any stray animal they may have played with on the sidewalk while passing your Sim house.
    13. They already have friends and enemies as I said in most cases depending on how long you were away from them, and you saw them out somewhere either in front of your Sim's house and or a community lot.
    14. They have already formed memories about other Sims and events. Which in turn will affect their wants. Such as ask so and so on a date, and or talk to so and so, and or call so and so over for a visit and so much more such as see the ghost of an enemy, when you return to them.

And if that isn't enough story progression, which will indeed set the course of how you play them when you return to them, or if you ignore all that, or curb some of that, there are so many cheats where you can actually control the entire hood. With cheats you are in complete control of who gets pregnant and by whom, (easy peasy) who dies, who lives, who is rich or broke, who ages, who sees a ghost, who moves in with another, who gets married, who knows the entire hood, who has friends and or enemies and just who those Sims are, etc. etc. And all the above also applies to every townie in that hood and beyond.

15. OFB, townies and your own Sims will have inventory of things they bought once you play them and or return to them.
    In other words shopping is real in TS2. That is a progression to maintain and keep up with the inventory of all of them.
    16. SP gossip and knowledge, Sims of all sorts gossip about real events of 'real' Sims. It's not empty chatter. You can bet your Sims and townies can and do gossip so yes, someone knows that dark secret or embarassing thing that happened.

18. Townie Sims and or your own Sims can spread cold and flu, that is story progression, as in it will be up to you to find Patient Zero to stop it. Which might just be an unplayed townie or premade in a subhood or one of your own.

19. SP, Sims in TS2 know who got a promotion, who broke up, who had a fight, etc. They will give congrats to that Sim or comfort or dicuss it. That is SP to be able to keep up with everything that has actually happened to some random Sim and or your own Sims. Towines know, too, and do the same.

More later.

TS2 is the player's game and not the developer's game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »

TS2 actually has quite a bit of story progression you might not see if you don't play rotationally.

1. Your own Sims may get involved with other Sims on a community lot. Granted they won't get married or get pregnant.
    2. Your own Sims will gain many more friends and may have deeper attachements and relationships with townies or other Sims you play because they met them on community lots while you played another household.
    3. Your own Sims can die on community lots, and so can townies, even while you play other households.
    4. Your own Sims can and do get in fights and form enemies on community lots while you play other households.
    5. Your own Sims can get fatter while you play other Sims, especially if you see them in restuarants because they will always pick their preferred foods, such as cake, or lobster or turkey or some other dish that makes TS2 Sims gain weight.
    6. Your own Sims may already be friends with their coworkers while you play other households. They may have been out on community lots and formed relationships with them.
    7. Your own Sims may have already met their near by neighbors because they saw them on a community lot and greeted them.
    8. Downtown, Your own Sims may have already met the Mr. Big and Diva, the Count and Countess while you played other Sims.
    9. Your own Sims may have been lectured by Mrs. Crumplebottom while out on a community while you played other Sims.
    10. University, your own Sims may already have a stalking Professor because your Sim met them on a community lot while you played other Sims.
    12. They may have already formed a relationship with any stray animal they may have played with on the sidewalk while passing your Sim house.
    13. They already have friends and enemies as I said in most cases depending on how long you were away from them, and you saw them out somewhere either in front of your Sim's house and or a community lot.
    14. They have already formed memories about other Sims and events. Which in turn will affect their wants. Such as ask so and so on a date, and or talk to so and so, and or call so and so over for a visit and so much more such as see the ghost of an enemy, when you return to them.

And if that isn't enough story progression, which will indeed set the course of how you play them when you return to them, or if you ignore all that, or curb some of that, there are so many cheats where you can actually control the entire hood. With cheats you are in complete control of who gets pregnant and by whom, (easy peasy) who dies, who lives, who is rich or broke, who ages, who sees a ghost, who moves in with another, who gets married, who knows the entire hood, who has friends and or enemies and just who those Sims are, etc. etc. And all the above also applies to every townie in that hood and beyond.

15. OFB, townies and your own Sims will have inventory of things they bought once you play them and or return to them.
    In other words shopping is real in TS2. That is a progression to maintain and keep up with the inventory of all of them.
    16. SP gossip and knowledge, Sims of all sorts gossip about real events of 'real' Sims. It's not empty chatter. You can bet your Sims and townies can and do gossip so yes, someone knows that dark secret or embarassing thing that happened.

18. Townie Sims and or your own Sims can spread cold and flu, that is story progression, as in it will be up to you to find Patient Zero to stop it. Which might just be an unplayed townie or premade in a subhood or one of your own.

19. SP, Sims in TS2 know who got a promotion, who broke up, who had a fight, etc. They will give congrats to that Sim or comfort or dicuss it. That is SP to be able to keep up with everything that has actually happened to some random Sim and or your own Sims. Towines know, too, and do the same.

More later.

I don't really consider any of that story progression. A lot of the things on your list are just variations of "your sim can meet other people while you play other households". And that's nice, but that's not advancing the story. Story progression for me would be Sims aging, moving in and out, getting fired, getting hired, getting promoted, getting married, having kids...which to be fair none of the games had (not even 3, due to how broken "story Progression" turned out to be).

Edit: Rotational play wasn't my main method in 2, but I liked to do it occasionally. And I never came back to the household to any sort of significant change that I didn't directly cause when playing another household.
    edited July 2020
    Krueger wrote: »

More later.

I don't really consider any of that story progression. A lot of the things on your list are just variations of "your sim can meet other people while you play other households". And that's nice, but that's not advancing the story. Story progression for me would be Sims aging, moving in and out, getting fired, getting hired, getting promoted, getting married, having kids...which to be fair none of the games had (not even 3, due to how broken "story Progression" turned out to be).

Edit: Rotational play wasn't my main method in 2, but I liked to do it occasionally. And I never came back to the household to any sort of significant change that I didn't directly cause when playing another household.

Is it not 'story progression' if townies get jobs and promotions? Most people who play rotationally even in TS4 don't want the game to change their played Sims jobs (there were complaints at the start) or give them jobs etc. That's more of TS3's SP. But it is SP for townie Sims in TS2 to be the Sim who is your Sim's co worker and they also get promotions along with your Sims. Or if you play another Sim they may be in the same job as the last time but at a higher level. SP isn't just changing things for played and non played Sims but having to keep up with every thing that ever happened in a game.

I really don't understand if people want sp why they aren't playing TS3, and are playing closed world like TS4. TS3's sp may not be the best either and yes a modder gave players more control to set things and a better sp if that's what they like, however, it certainly does move people around, get them in relationships, fire and kill Sims, and move them out of game even if a friend. Even in the vanilla game so I just don't understand if people want SP why they aren't playing TS3.

But as I said I can do all that without needing a mod in TS2, by simply using a few things in TS2's cheat code, I really don't need a mod just a few objects, like the mailbox and a headstone, and maybe one or two other smaller cheat objects, and I can control everything that you have mentioned. And with a mod made by twojeffs, I can set the relationships without having to use a cheat object, it's just easier with the modder's plant on a lot to connect Sims as kin or not etc. There really isn't anything I can't do with TS2 cheats that TS3's SP does. Actually you don't even need boolprop nor a cheat object to set ages for Sims in TS2. The simple cheat of ageSimscheat on/off This allows you to age any Sim you click on including townies. So, technically, if anyone wanted to make SP for TS2 they would actually have a lot of the tools already in game to work it all into the game but as I said those developers gave all the tools to the player with many different phrases/cheats so they have control instead of the game having control. They gave them all the cheats to do whatever they wanted. True, not always a good idea but you certainly can change everything if you are in a mind to do it.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Krueger wrote: »

More later.

I really don't understand if people want sp why they aren't playing TS3, and are playing closed world like TS4. TS3's sp may not be the best either and yes a modder gave players more control to set things and a better sp if that's what they like, however, it certainly does move people around, get them in relationships, fire and kill Sims, and move them out of game even if a friend. Even in the vanilla game so I just don't understand if people want SP why they aren't playing TS3.

But as I said I can do all that without needing a mod in TS2, by simply using a few things in TS2's cheat code, I really don't need a mod just a few objects, like the mailbox and a headstone, and maybe one or two other smaller cheat objects, and I can control everything that you have mentioned. And with a mod made by twojeffs, I can set the relationships without having to use a cheat object, it's just easier with the modder's plant on a lot to connect Sims as kin or not etc. There really isn't anything I can't do with TS2 cheats that TS3's SP does. Actually you don't even need boolprop nor a cheat object to set ages for Sims in TS2. The simple cheat of ageSimscheat on/off This allows you to age any Sim you click on including townies. So, technically, if anyone wanted to make SP for TS2 they would actually have a lot of the tools already in game to work it all into the game but as I said those developers gave all the tools to the player with many different phrases/cheats so they have control instead of the game having control. They gave them all the cheats to do whatever they wanted. True, not always a good idea but you certainly can change everything if you are in a mind to do it.

I never said I wanted story progression. I just said I don't consider anything in your list to be story progression. Story progression, to me, is the game causing major changes to households you aren't currently playing, entirely independent of player action. 2 doesn't have that. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, I never use SP.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited July 2020
    1. Your own Sims may get involved with other Sims on a community lot. Granted they won't get married or get pregnant. - Note they will get a relationship bar but will not ask them to be boyfriend/girlfriend either in 4
    4. Your own Sims can and do get in fights and form enemies on community lots while you play other households.(Didn't bold this one as I"m unsure on it)
    12. They may have already formed a relationship with any stray animal they may have played with on the sidewalk while passing your Sim house. _Unsure as I rarely play in Brindleton Bay but I suspect this should be bolded too
    13. They already have friends and enemies as I said in most cases depending on how long you were away from them, and you saw them out somewhere either in front of your Sim's house and or a community lot.- This one is the same thing.

THe bolded ones also happen in sims 4 but I don't really consider them story progression.
    edited July 2020
    1. Your own Sims may get involved with other Sims on a community lot. Granted they won't get married or get pregnant. - Note they will get a relationship bar but will not ask them to be boyfriend/girlfriend either in 4
    4. Your own Sims can and do get in fights and form enemies on community lots while you play other households.(Didn't bold this one as I"m unsure on it)
    12. They may have already formed a relationship with any stray animal they may have played with on the sidewalk while passing your Sim house. _Unsure as I rarely play in Brindleton Bay but I suspect this should be bolded too
    13. They already have friends and enemies as I said in most cases depending on how long you were away from them, and you saw them out somewhere either in front of your Sim's house and or a community lot.- This one is the same thing.

THe bolded ones also happen in sims 4 but I don't really consider them story progression.

TS4 has some story progression as in it's called Culling. That is also somewhat of TS3 does by moving Sims out of town but at least you get a notice they left. (Culled/Deleted).

It also has sp as in naming the kids if you are off playing other households. Last time I played it used my own Sims as some sort of community workers (maybe trash) as I saw one dressed in some sort of uniform like a vendor of those booths or something. He shouldn't have been given a job. At the first it did put your own Sims into jobs you didn't request. It also puts your Sims in relationships you didn't even know about, and yes, your Sim will cry if that Sim dies somewhere if they are near by. This is one thing I know that annoys TS4 players to see when they return to a household if they are rotational players and find this out.

I can't play a game just because it's pretty. I had no trouble in returning to TS2 for good even with the bad imposters of homes across the street etc. but at least they are real. I know my other Sims actually live in there. :) That type of immersion actually matters to me. If I could create better imposters for the homes seen, and could visit neighbors in TS2 it would be almost perfect to me. And at least I know that is a real Sim driving that bus and or carpool. It's not a FX car speeding by, and if I use a mod to send cars by the TS2 homes, they also have a real Sim driving as they slow down in front of my Sim's home. I really can't understand why people really don't care about stuff like that. In TS2 and TS3 carpools are real, cars that pass by are real with real Sims in them. TS3 may have done all that better with the neighbor seen driving their car, but TS4, I can't actually return to a game that thinks tense is the go to emotion for every thing, and or scripted tasks on the stand by pc for almost every career in TS4, is a job. Such shallowness is not worth the over priced demand to play yet again the same emotions and or career duties and or aspirations or situations over and over. While I stare at fake houses across the street. And after six years if TS4 doesn't 'feel' full by now, then one has to wonder then what the heck is the problem? I think we all know, the AI, the emotions, the tratis are frivilous etc.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

TS4 has some story progression as in it's called Culling. That is also somewhat of TS3 does by moving Sims out of town but at least you get a notice they left. (Culled/Deleted).

Culling in the Sims 4 is the absolute worst! It deletes so many relationships I have just because I'm not friends with those people. Once I wanted a Sim to develop a romantic relationship with a female sim he met in the bar. They were only acquintances and I went to play another household for a while. Once I came back they didn't even know each other, completely gone. If that's the kind of sp the game offers I don't want it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I would not say TS4 ruined TS2 for me, but after giving TS4 another chance recently, and realizing just how similar the two versions are, it did make me like TS4 a little more than TS2, simply because of all the better options for CC, and I just think options in it are more interesting. They each have their perks, though. It's gotten really hard for me to pick a favorite out of any of the versions, because they all have their own unique qualities.
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
    edited July 2020
    DeadManHBK wrote: »
    I would not say TS4 ruined TS2 for me, but after giving TS4 another chance recently, and realizing just how similar the two versions are, it did make me like TS4 a little more than TS2, simply because of all the better options for CC, and I just think options in it are more interesting. They each have their perks, though. It's gotten really hard for me to pick a favorite out of any of the versions, because they all have their own unique qualities.

There is a lot about TS4 I did like, but it hasn't lived up to exactly what was promised and I do think it's run it's course.

But I do remember asking on the old BBS for TS2 years ago would I ever get to see the sailboats and ocean waves from the Sim lot and not just in neighborhood view. TS3 actually acomplished that with open world. That was amazing to me. It was something I had actually wished for out loud on the website. Not many were thinking about stuff like that at the time. This was before we even saw BV and waves on a beach lot. My mind was always racing ahead of what if.

I don't understand why no one actually thinks what if anymore about a future game and are happy to stay stagnated with a current game where most feel it isn't 'complete' after six long years. It sort of baffles me. Since long before I even dreamed TS2 would have beach lots I was wishing to see the neighborhood oceans and waves and even possibly the sailboats from my Sim's window. Or from their backyard. lol

TS3 was actually so far into the future in some repects it was overwhelming too many.

I can't wrap my head around why we wouldn't want to see TS5 and what was not possible while building TS2 before 2004, and or what wasn't possible for TS3 while building it in 2006 to be released in 2009, or what isn't possible in TS4 while building it in 2010-2013, that we wouldn't want to see what dreams come true in TS5. TS4 is ok, but it doesn't have that umph the others brought to the table as a sequel in my opinion, and because it just doesn't quite do that such as TS2 over TS1, and or TS3 did over TS2 with open world and even SP, that TS4 is more of a step backwards and there isn't really anything new under the sun in it that we didn't do before, nor see before other than a few things like sitting while using a phone or things like that.

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    DeadManHBK wrote: »

There is a lot about TS4 I did like, but it hasn't lived up to exactly what was promised and I do think it's run it's course.

But I do remember asking on the old BBS for TS2 years ago would I ever get to see the sailboats and ocean waves from the Sim lot and not just in neighborhood view. TS3 actually acomplished that with open world. That was amazing to me. It was something I had actually wished for out loud on the website. Not many were thinking about stuff like that at the time. This was before we even saw BV and waves on a beach lot. My mind was always racing ahead of what if.

I don't understand why no one actually thinks what if anymore about a future game and are happy to stay stagnated with a current game where most feel it isn't 'complete' after six long years. It sort of baffles me. Since long before I even dreamed TS2 would have beach lots I was wishing to see the neighborhood oceans and waves and even possibly the sailboats from my Sim's window. Or from their backyard. lol

TS3 was actually so far into the future in some repects it was overwhelming too many.

I can't wrap my head around why we wouldn't want to see TS5 and what was not possible while building TS2 before 2004, and or what wasn't possible for TS3 while building it in 2006 to be released in 2009, or what isn't possible in TS4 while building it in 2010-2013, that we wouldn't want to see what dreams come true in TS5. TS4 is ok, but it doesn't have that umph the others brought to the table as a sequel in my opinion, and because it just doesn't quite do that such as TS2 over TS1, and or TS3 did over TS2 with open world and even SP, that TS4 is more of a step backwards and there isn't really anything new under the sun in it that we didn't do before, nor see before other than a few things like sitting while using a phone or things like that.

I used to have the big what if moments but now it feels like the what ifs are setting myself up for disappointment. Right now, my what if is what if EA drops a patch next month adds dancing face to face or slow dancing. Look at how small my what ifs have gotten LOL. My expectations are so low it is really sad.

I am not looking forward to Sims5 because the CEO of EA has made it clear he wants and online element to every EA game. Even if there is a different team working on the online version, I still feel like the online version will have more items. Just look at Sims mobile vs Sims 4.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    @SimAlexandria of course there are exceptions but that is really not my point. Most people on the Sims 4 forums like the game that's how it goes. Look further than that and you'll see what I'm talking about.

If you are a veteran player that likes the Sims 4 the most you are the exception that proves the rule.

No, she is not the exception. There are many players, to include myself that started with the Sims 1 and played all of them and prefer the Sims 4. This troupe of "veteran players don't like Sims 4 needs to stop.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    Mendota wrote: »
    @SimAlexandria of course there are exceptions but that is really not my point. Most people on the Sims 4 forums like the game that's how it goes. Look further than that and you'll see what I'm talking about.

If you are a veteran player that likes the Sims 4 the most you are the exception that proves the rule.

No, she is not the exception. There are many players, to include myself that started with the Sims 1 and played all of them and prefer the Sims 4. This troupe of "veteran players don't like Sims 4 needs to stop.

Yeah i agree. I've played from sims 1, release day, and have played them all and yet i prefer sims 4 as for now.

ETA: and no, i wasn't a small child. When i started playing i was 20 already.