Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    A pit of misery seems quite reserved for your standards, Gemma got off lightly! It's been quite a few years since that happened, so hopefully Dandelion's mostly moved on past the experience. Guess no one can retain a childlike innocence forever, not even Dandelion.

That line must have come from somewhere, yep. Dandy was never a fan of Morgyn's, after all.

Yes. And the list goes on... :(
  • Options
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,754 Member
    Chapter 68
    It weirdly feels like we're about to come full circle 0.o We started with Cordelia running away from the sprites and away from Britechester, to Hawthorne who is following them back. I wonder what will happen at that mushroom ring. Next chapter, please! :mrgreen: Pretty please. With dragons on top.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi
    We have come a full circle, haven't we? Definitely getting into the final stretch of the season. Haha, who could resist a request that comes with dragons on top. I better get the next chapter sorted pronto :D
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Sorry for the longer wait on this one. I'm in full on hibernaton mode, so chapters between Christmas might be a bit more sporadic, but there's definitely at least two more coming up before the end of the year :)

• Options
    This chapter technically takes place during Winterfest, but there's nothing festive about it. I guess somewhat fitting for this year's Christmas.

That being said, I do hope you guys make the most of the holidays!

• Options
    Chapter 70
    Cordelia in those first few pictures reminds me of the overbearing mother who absolutely must have everyone together for a merry holiday regardless of how happy the people at the table actually are to be there. And then, when she realizes it’s not actually any fun, she gets angry. Maybe everyone just needs to have a giant snowball fight to let out 18+ years of frustration. Deep cleanse through snow-whacked-in-face. :sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi
    Winterfest would have definitely been significantly better for everyone involved (including Cordelia) she only allowed Hawthorne to see Morgyn separately. Loving the snowball fight suggestion, I might just have them do that, haha.
  • Options
    Just quickly popping on to say that there probably won't be a chapter till next week, I'm still being a slobby blob. There's actually only around 10 chapters left to go for the season and some of those have been planned from the very start. I'd rather hold off on writing them rather than force it when I'm not very inspired and not do them justice. Hope everybody's had a good Christmas!
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,393 Member
    It is understandable. I wish you a happy new year! 🍾🥂
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Wat dis? An actual chapter?

Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,760 Member
    I want to bet the character at the end of the character
    is Vera
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Hi @MadameLee :)
    That's a good guess! You are close.
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob
    Don't mind me, just looking at L Faba in amazement. How on earth did she end up looking better than she did before? Morgyn has eternal youth and plumpness but dang, she's gorgeous :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • Options
    @_sims_Yimi
    Perks of elven aging, she's "only" 107 years old, if she was a human that would equate to... 28-ish. She's still young! But yes, her former hairstyle and make up didn't quite do her justice :)
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Just quickly popping on to say that there probably won't be a chapter till next week, I'm still being a slobby blob. There's actually only around 10 chapters left to go for the season and some of those have been planned from the very start. I'd rather hold off on writing them rather than force it when I'm not very inspired and not do them justice. Hope everybody's had a good Christmas!

Sorry for picking a completely old message and replying to it when its probably irrelevant. Can you tell I've been away? :lol: Anyway...

Leonardo Da Vinci took 13 years to finish the Mona Lisa painting. (1503 - 1516) He'd stuff it in his travel bag (whatever its called in his time) and only work on it when inspired. "Art is never finished, only forgotten" is his quote I think.

Not saying you should only finish BC in the next 16 years (I'll nag you senseless if you do). But yeah, totally understandable to write when you're feeling it :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @mercuryfoam

Hellooo! Welcome back :) You are too kind <3 I hope you are not expecting anything remotely close to the quality of Mona Lisa with BC, haha. But that's really interesting, I did not know that he travelled around with it!

Ha, imagine this still going 16 years in! I'm kind of getting back into a groove, the break did me good :) How's your break been? When can we look forward to more B2W? :) No pressure of course :D
  • Options
    Welcome to the land of the weird.

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Honestly so happy that you are still around and writing! :) Need to follow this story, I always loved the Bloomers :)
  • Options
    Hey @Julyvee94 :) I did take a three year break before coming back, but writing kept me sane last year! Have you thought about getting back to writing? I'd definitely read whatever you write, just saying - don't mind me trying to lure you back into the simlit realm o:)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @ThePlumbob I haven't written anything since 2017 but honestly if been lurking around these forums some more recently and it's very tempting to get back into it! Maybe I'll keep Vee is for Vortex going since that is more gameplay based :) We'll see! But it's good to know that it can be done even after 3 years :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Julyvee94 Ah, good old Sandra Muffin, that would be a nice way to ease yourself back into it :)

I totally know what you mean! After I finished the Bloomers I couldn't even look at The Sims for a good while, and the only kind of writing I did till last June was for work! The Blackwell Chronicles was just meant to be personal gameplay - I was looking for some escapism last year and I decided I'd play around with the supernaturals, since I never messed with that side of the game. I figured I'd write it down because I did have some backstories in mind, and things, err, escalated :joy:

So you never know! Definitely do let me know if you start a new story, or if you continue one of your old ones :)
  • Options
    I love how that turned out @ThePlumbob :D Life gets in the way sometimes but the great thing about these hobbies is they're not going anywhere. I'll start reading it right now!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    So there's technically only 2 "regular" chapters remaining. But before we get to those, I do have 7 interludes for you. Hope you're ready for more time travel...