Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only one EP this year?

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think the GP is horses and EP in November is farming
    Eh GP on just horses would be boring. I am hoping for zombies or werewolves this year. Horses would help an animal husbandry EP sell better. Just don't want a MFP type of deal again for just one animal. It gets dull fast. I wouldn't mind a safari GP.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm guessing a Generations type EP, and still think maybe future GP though it's not a theme I'm personally interested in.

I think Alpine and Farming are coming but maybe as the two eps in 2021, not quite yet.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member

I would love this lmao... I would also love winter retreat or safari game pack... i am sadly not for zombies... (I basically hate them...) ... I would also love a Fairy game pack, especially if it was fea instead of just fairies... Fea is awesome...
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I'm guessing a Generations type EP, and still think maybe future GP though it's not a theme I'm personally interested in.

I think Alpine and Farming are coming but maybe as the two eps in 2021, not quite yet.

This better come with cars with garages and selectable babies with strollers
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Eh GP on just horses would be boring. I am hoping for zombies or werewolves this year. Horses would help an animal husbandry EP sell better. Just don't want a MFP type of deal again for just one animal. It gets dull fast. I wouldn't mind a safari GP.

Personally I don't think they'd do a GP solely relating to horses but if they did, I wouldn't mind if it included horse riding, tricks, vaulting, jumping, ponies for kids, horse care, stables etc. There's potentially enough for a GP if combined together but wouldn't really thematically fit into an EP revolving around more farm-related animal care.
    (it could potentially involve metalwork crafting of things like hooves, swords, knives, etc.)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Scobre @LenaDieters

SimGuruDuke said : "Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year."

You can already exclude :
    • Horses
    • Fairies
    • Werewolves
    • Zombies
    • Winter world
    • Resort / Hotel
    • Amusement Park (SimGuruDuke exclude it)

From the surveys, these themes are still available :
    • Roadtrip (Car ?)
    • Superheroes
    • Real TV
    • Farming (EP ???)
    • Happy Haunts (Grim Reaper career)
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited May 2020

This better come with cars with garages and selectable babies with strollers

I'm just guessing with my predictions.
    I personally have no interest in cars and think that if they were added they would be a seperate pack, not the Alpine/Farming/Future one. Probably a game pack instead.
    Babies I think will come in a free update at some point
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    @Scobre @LenaDieters

SimGuruDuke said : "Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year."

You can already exclude
    • Horses
    • Fairies
    • Werewolves
    • Zombies

From the surveys, there are still
    • Roadtrip (Car feedback in 2017)
    • Superheroes
    • Real TV

I'm going to make a slight argument that Faeries or Werewolves could be coming if they were done in some new/unique way, possibly involving significant mesh alterations, as opposed to adding wolfman hair or wings. Something building off of mermaids, but still different somehow.

But I'm not actually expecting either of them to be in the upcoming game pack.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Just EP09 Eco Lifestyle was "a surprise to many of us" , it seems really less impressive than a "major first for Maxis".

I expect something really new.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member

Personally I don't think they'd do a GP solely relating to horses but if they did, I wouldn't mind if it included horse riding, tricks, vaulting, jumping, ponies for kids, horse care, stables etc. There's potentially enough for a GP if combined together but wouldn't really thematically fit into an EP revolving around more farm-related animal care.
    (it could potentially involve metalwork crafting of things like hooves, swords, knives, etc.)

see i would love the horse pack like that... it would be super cool to me... but i do doubt it comes sigh... i would love this so much though... i miss horses so much...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »

But if the EP is released in June count forward and the three pack announcement covers six months which gets us up to month Dec. June-Nov. I'm not sure there will be another EP in 2020.

April post -> Six next months, it's enough explicit. Or they would have announced "The Sims 4 Line Up for 2020"

In April 2019, it was the same thing.
    SimGuruGraham also confirmed the count began in April.

Keep in mind EA think in term of quarters

Q1 April, May, June
    Q2 July, August, September
    Q3 October, November, December
    Q4 January, February, March

But if the EP is released in June count forward and the three pack announcement covers six months which gets us up to month Dec. June-Nov. I'm not sure there will be another EP in 2020.

April post -> Six next months, it's enough explicit. Or they would have announced "The Sims 4 Line Up for 2020"

Q1 April, May, June

I understand their quarters. But they just announced what is coming in the next six months.. June-Nov. Do you really believe there will be an EP in Dec., too? I doubt it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Q1 April, May, June

Q1 April, May, June

I understand their quarters. But they just announced what is coming in the next six months.. June-Nov. Do you really believe there will be an EP in Dec., too? I doubt it.

They announced that at the start of April. "Next 6 months starting now" the same way they did last year.
    So the roadmap is April, May, June, July, August, September. Not 6 months from the first released pack on the roadmap.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Q1 April, May, June

Q1 April, May, June

They announced that at the start of April. "Next 6 months starting now" the same way they did last year.
    So the roadmap is April, May, June, July, August, September. Not 6 months from the first released pack on the roadmap.

You are missing the point they named the three type packs right? No titles but what type. Well, the first of those is to be released in June or did I miss a release in April and May? June is the first of that announcement that only leaves five more months of the six month roadmap if the first is released in June.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

Q1 April, May, June

Q1 April, May, June

You are missing the point they named the three type packs right? No titles but what type. Well, the first of those is to be released in June or did I miss a release in April in May? June is the first of that announcement.

"I thought I might give you a little preview of what you can expect from us over the next six months." Posted in the blog on April 6th.

Similarly, on April 9th 2019, the blog post said: "Over the next six months, we’ll be bringing you a new expansion pack, game pack, and stuff pack!". The first one of those packs wasn't released until June. And then we got DU in November, which was past those 6 months.

I'm not missing the point. The point is that the timeframe doesn't start from the first release, it starts from when the blog is posted.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @Cinebar

Just copy/paste 2019 over 2020, we had EP08 Discover University in November

April 9, 2019 : https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-2019-update
    Over the next six months, we’ll be bringing you a new expansion pack, game pack, and stuff pack!

April 6, 2020 : https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans
    6 Month Roadmap

• Options
    edited May 2020
    @Scobre @LenaDieters

You can already exclude :
    • Horses
    • Fairies
    • Werewolves
    • Zombies
    • Winter world
    • Resort / Hotel

From the surveys, these themes are still available :
    • Roadtrip (Car ?)
    • Superheroes
    • Real TV
    • Farming (EP ???)
    • Happy Haunts (Grim Reaper career)
    Oh I hope it is farming, superheroes, or happy haunts. I could see zombies work with happy haunts, so I don't think it is impossible for there not to be a supernaturals. I wouldn't mind satyrs for a new supernaturals. Could be anything even zoos. Roadtrip I would hope for their to be RVs that cars could pull around. But yes farming would be a first for the DLC packs since it was only available for the Sims 3 store. If werewolves or zombies are done, I hope they aren't done like the Sims 3 version of them. iZombie was a cool new take on zombies.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member

Unless we get unicorns.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @Cinebar

Just copy/paste 2019 over 2020, we had EP08 Discover University in November

April 9, 2019 : https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-2019-update
    Over the next six months, we’ll be bringing you a new expansion pack, game pack, and stuff pack!

April 6, 2020 : https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans
    6 Month Roadmap

Well, ok but I'm not holding my breath this time to see if Dec. brings a new EP. LA just announced another three months stay at home orders, CA isn't opening up much in the next three months. I assume many more people have to work from home if they have a job that can do that. That might affect whether it falls like 2019 or not. And I will just add it makes me shutter to read things like a new GP will be a major first for them...never been done before sort of pack. I think I have wound up not liking those as much so far.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

Unless we get unicorns.

Agreed. I will never accept a horse pack unless I can have a pretty unicorn. I want actual magical creatures to take care of dangit.
  • Options

Unless we get unicorns.
    Then it would just be like MFP pack with multiple versions of the same pet.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member

Unless we get unicorns.
    Then it would just be like MFP pack with multiple versions of the same pet.

Not really, remember the thing was my first pet stuff had things for cats, and dogs.They also had furniture that felt like they were pull back from cats, and dogs.A horse pack could just have things for horses, and stuff from unicorns.

I can see them adding a flesh out open question career.That had you trained, and build your horse skills up.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Pets is over ! No more packs please... until Farming EP at least !

We still have't got budgies and parakeets though. Maybe they are saving the farming EP for last as they know we really want it.
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    If it's a "major first", could it be that this pack will include content requested by the community?

......... :p
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If it's a "major first", could it be that this pack will include content requested by the community?

......... :p

Then it's going to be a very large EP. :joy: