Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only one EP this year?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
I read some people complaining here and there that this year we would only have one EP, one GP and 2 SP. And, honestly, I'm not following this... I don't know where everyone saw that, maybe I got lost with this information. Does anyone know if this is true? Can you guys link something about it for me to read? Like a tweet or blog post...

Comments

• AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    People just say this because of the roadmap. They think it was for the rest of the year, but it was for the next six months (at the time the team shared). The roadmap would be to October. I’m sure we will still get an expansion pack in November!
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    We have got two a year for the past while and the roadmap ends in October, so we could still get the usual November expansion pack.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    The same thing happened last year. There was a roadmap with 3 packs (IL, MS and RoM) and still we got DU in the end of the year. I think it will work the same way this year. Maybe it's their new pattern:

One GP/SP in january/february (Strangerville - 2019) (Tiny Living - 2020)
    An EP a SP and a GP scattered through the middle of year (Island Living, Moschino, Realm of Magic - 2019) (Eco Lifestyle, Knitting Stuff and (?) GP - 2020)

An EP in november/december (Discover University - 2019) (? - 2020).
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited May 2020
    Xmas always gets an EP

Note:

2015: 2 EP, 2 GP
    2016: 1 EP, 1 GP
    2017: 1 EP, 2 GP
    2018: 2 EP, 1 GP
    2019: 2 EP, 2 GP
    2020: 2 EP, 1 GP ?

aysf29a10fp0.png
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    probably the roadmap confusing them, it was only for 6 months. so not including november and december, we always get another EP for holiday sales.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Doubtful that they'll give up the prime winter slot for an EP.

If they were to only do one EP per year, it would be out in November/December. Then again, I might be wrong because we don't know the plan past September. The pre-Xmas one might end up being a GP (but highly unlikely an SP)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yep, I'm guessing there will be another released in the winter too. There's no reason to think otherwise
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    it is unlikely there wont be one in november, or if corona push their time maybe pushed to early december/mid december, but before christmas, it is too big a market to not put on out for christmas time and get the money there comes with that...
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    They’ve been doing the two EP a year since 2018, I think they should continue with that trend in my opinion.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No way will they miss out on Christmas sales a expansion is coming out Nov or Dec.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Actually harvest time would be a great time for a Farming pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

But if the EP is released in June count forward and the three pack announcement covers six months which gets us up to month Dec. June-Nov. I'm not sure there will be another EP in 2020.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Actually harvest time would be a great time for a Farming pack.

Harvest time is usually September and that seems too early for an EP. It appears that they have always released an EP in November, probably to coincide with the Christmas shopping. I'll be happy if they release an EP in November even tough it may or may not be farming related.
    edited May 2020
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

But if the EP is released in June count forward and the three pack announcement covers six months which gets us up to month Dec. June-Nov. I'm not sure there will be another EP in 2020.

April post -> Six next months, it's enough explicit. Or they would have announced "The Sims 4 Line Up for 2020"

In April 2019, it was the same thing.
    SimGuruGraham also confirmed the count began in April.

Keep in mind EA think in term of quarters

Q1 April, May, June
    Q2 July, August, September
    Q3 October, November, December
    Q4 January, February, March
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Will the knitting pack count as the new Stuff Pack or is that not coming out until next year sometime?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Will the knitting pack count as the new Stuff Pack or is that not coming out until next year sometime?

it'll be the new stuff pack. It's only the game one we don't know about yet, and then whatever EP prob comes out in the winter
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I reckon that we'll be getting another EP towards the end of the year. Perhaps, Nov/Dec.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

It will be interesting if it's going to be the next SP because we can actually estimate the period that they took to develop a SP. That also probably the reason why they pushed the EL to June, so that they could actually release the SP soon after, probably Aug?.

Else, if it's no the next SP, I want to be surprised. TBH, I'm intrigued to know the next GP.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

It will be interesting if it's going to be the next SP because we can actually estimate the period that they took to develop a SP. That also probably the reason why they pushed the EL to June, so that they could actually release the SP soon after, probably Aug?.

Else, if it's no the next SP, I want to be surprised. TBH, I'm intrigued to know the next GP.

I am quite convinced it's gonna be some sort of Winter Retreat GP..which I will disappointed ;-;, if thats the case 2020 was not a good year for me for the sims.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    try to keep in mind they are working under different circumstances as we all are
    edited May 2020
    @Chazzzy wrote: »

Yes, it count as SP17

SimGuruDuke said : SP17, EP09, Updates and GP09
    We are currently hard at work on the new Community Voted Stuff Pack. I know, of course we are…. I can’t tell you its name, because we have not voted on that yet, but I saw the list of options last week, and I have no idea which one you all will choose. I’m anxious to find out. That pack is really coming together and it has been great having all of your input to help shape it.
    In addition to the Stuff Pack, we are also hard at work on our next Expansion Pack. I’m super excited about the theme the team has chosen—I think it will be a surprise to many of you. The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with. Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    I highly think we'll get the actual Farming EP around November when the second EP usually releases or so. Mostly because Eco Lifestyle focus on other things and doesn't seem to care much for actual crop farming and animal husbandry.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Chazzzy wrote: »

Yes, it count as SP17

SimGuruDuke said : SP17, EP09, Updates and GP09
    We are currently hard at work on the new Community Voted Stuff Pack. I know, of course we are…. I can’t tell you its name, because we have not voted on that yet, but I saw the list of options last week, and I have no idea which one you all will choose. I’m anxious to find out. That pack is really coming together and it has been great having all of your input to help shape it.
    In addition to the Stuff Pack, we are also hard at work on our next Expansion Pack. I’m super excited about the theme the team has chosen—I think it will be a surprise to many of you. The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with. Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year.

updates... yummy
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I think the GP is horses and EP in November is farming