Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    My sim, Hope, got to level 5 of the Doctor career! She’s still a young adult and her dream is to become a renowned doctor, she’s feeling pretty chuffed with how she’s doing so far.

She still lives in the tiny apartment she started off in though, and I think although she doesn’t need much more, she would like some new scenery soon. It’s not great having a Friendsgiving in a studio apartment cluttered with plants and musical instruments...

She also started crushing on someone! A cute bartender she met at the Humour and Hijinks festival. Though, she should’ve steered clear after he rejected exchanging numbers. A couple nights after the festival she invited him over...turns out he’s Mean, Snobby, and a Loner, all the opposite to Hope. Though, she’s still young, and will probably keep chasing after him until naively until she realises he is trash.

Also... I downloaded Slice of Life today after months of turmoil over whether to or not, and I’m already in love with it, why didn’t I do this earlier?!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No background or life landmarks here. Just an early spring photo facing out across Cavalier Sound toward the lighthouse in the morning.

aAbNlcQ.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,924 Member
    I was inspired of that passionate kiss Simeon and Mila shared yesterday, and decided to play with them for a little, to check what is going on in this save with them :)
    SZMgzMS.jpg

Rest under spoiler :)
    d9uMjxU.jpg
    Mila, why are you giving me that look?? If you so much want that old dull dress of yours back, sure, I can do it. :D

e7r9BIi.jpg
    Lucas is aging in 2 days, so I may just age him up now :)

Teen girl is Niina Kim, when this save started pretty long time ago, Mila was married with Denis Kim (MCCC). They had Niina just before Denis died. Niina is now at her first days of teenhood.

DDLY8gu.jpg
    Sandra here, is a daughter of Mila and Simeon :)

ZCUcKP0.jpg
    Mila is going to make the birthday cake to Lucas. Lol, what is that bunny doing in the fridge? :)

i6yAslF.jpg
    41wKld3.jpg
    Meanwhile at the front yard.. Lucas became a spellcaster.

HBQTbyL.jpg
    Mila finished the cake, not perfect, but shall do.

EsRXFmD.jpg
    These two are children of Gunther and Summer.

ij3DelX.jpg
    Time to do the aging thing :)

oX8fZmN.jpg
    Cake was super popular!

clGKANT.jpg
    Mila was happy to have whole family around her again :) Tho, Wolfgang, she would of wished you would of not come wearing your work outfit, lol.

1pbQ4Bk.jpg
    Cake was great, but it was not enough for everyone. Gladly Gunther knows where the bbq is located at his old home, so he and Suummer got something to eat :D

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    mXskoZp.png
    Well.. :D

My sim was having a pleasant lunch at the burger place, while these two (Simeon and Mila) stole the attention, lol :D

At least he's getting some love in your game. My sim beat him up.

PZmqqZG.png
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    During Love Day, my roomies went on a date. It went pretty well, all things considering.

Then my up-coming secret agent was forced to choose between her job and whistleblowing. Because of her Good trait I decided she should blow the whistle, and she came home sad - and with a huge Fame boost. Now she's a writer - and in the future she'll move up to Journalist. In the meantime she can write books for her daily task and get extra fame that way.

Her comedian roomie-boyfriend meanwhile has reached the stage of refining his acts and performing. He's just charging ahead with Promotions - but it's tough earning Fame right now with stand-up alone.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options

@ldmarko , OUCH! :D

• Options
    Came across conspiracy theorist George Cahill and shaman Keala Hoapili on a date at Villa Bovine in the Bridgeview neighborhood of Newcrest. I wouldn't have put those two together, but I guess lifetimes of talking to nature elementals and chasing paper trails makes for loneliness in the golden years.

07kXs00.png

Keala seems to be enjoying herself.

egbjMaW.png

George seems less relaxed.
  • Options
    @OEII1001 , imo, they make a lovely couple :) George looks way better at his uniform than with his casual outfit :)

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Looks like we got a little cross-dueling action going on here.

MI4uoBW.png

Later, Patrick & Ivy left the kids with a sitter & went out on a date night.

3lADG9C.png?1

And speaking of townies on dates...

nAzOhqw.png

Next morning, Patrick was getting lots of input on his latest book.

haU1baR.png?1
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I am so happy to see this thread! I tried to post in the other thread, but it goes so fast, it's hard to keep track of everything. I always felt obligated to comment on every post after mine too and soon felt overwhelmed and stressed out. Don't get me wrong, I love that the other thread is here, makes me happy Simmers want to share what's going on in their game in such depth.

Sometimes though, I just want to share a screenshot or two, maybe a short blurb here and there of what's going on in my game play. I tried to do that in the two screenshot threads floating around, but someone made a veiled comment indirectly stating, 'I thought this was for screenshots only, not for Simmers to post their stories' and I've shied away a bit since then. So, thanks OP! :)

I've been playing the Drifter challenge since March 20th. I'm almost at the point the House 04 heir will be moving out to start that house. It's been a lot of fun so far. I've made it my personal challenge to see how far I can get before my State's Stay Home Stay Safe order is lifted. I've got a couple weeks until that happens, maybe longer. It's already been extended once.

House 01 started out with my created Sim, Ella McDonough, and she married Don Lothario. They had one daughter, Della, who started House 02. Della married the pizza delivery guy, Royce, and they had twin sons, Adam and Ian. Adam started House 03 and married Summer Holiday. They have one daughter, Britta, who is a teen now and 10 days away from aging up to YA. When that happens she'll move out to start House 04. This is the farthest I've ever gotten (so far) in any type of 'legacy' game play across all iterations! :)

I've also built a private cemetery for the McDonough family with individual mausoleums for every House's heir and spouse. I hadn't planned on Della having twins, but I'm thinking I'll still put Ian's urn in the House 02 mausoleum when he passes away. It's only right he should be with his family. I had only planned for one child, the heir in each house, but the game likes to throw curve balls sometimes and give us twins/triplets. :D

Okay, hope you don't mind I posted the backstory information about my current gameplay. I promise not all my posts will be this long. Anyway, for today...

I haven't played yet, but last night Adam completed his third aspiration, Body Builder. Yay! Now he'll be around a bit longer! I've already completed all the goals for this house, so now it's just a waiting game/killing time until Britta ages up to YA. Adam is 3 days away from elder, Summer's an elder and her life bar is bubbling. It's been doing that for a few days now. I have no idea how long she'll live. She's got the active trait and those Sims live a bit longer, just like Body Builders, but not quite as long.

Annnd, that's where I'm at right now. I'll share some screenshots at some point in here too. I've been enjoying all of the ones shared so far and look forward to seeing more! :)

Happy Simming Y'all! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @OEII1001 , imo, they make a lovely couple :) George looks way better at his uniform than with his casual outfit :)

That's actually what caught my eye. I was rotating around the room and saw the uniform, wondering who that was. I'd never seen George in his formal outfit before. :D
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    Today was quite a rollercoaster. As I've posted before, I have been building a chateau for my sim family. But even though the land was ready for them - they weren't yet.

So .. First to the absolute highlight of the day, Elias became a father! Welcome to the world Didrik, you are cherished :heart:
    hVupUIv.png

It was so fun announcing their pregnancy to Elias' mother and father at the home he grew up in. His mother was so elated and ready to welcome another family member :heart:
    CSPjxlr.png

.. But then to the low point - Camilla was not ready. You must understand, she is an ambitious sim. She worked hard to become the Marine Biologist she is, and she wants to excel in her career. This led her to make a heart breaking decision. She decided to leave him and her child behind for a life in Sulani :heartbreak:
    E4HCJJi.png

First stage: Denial - "What are you saying exactly?"
    7MfTNKr.png

Second stage: Anger - "You are leaving Didrik, motherhood, your life with me, for WORK??"
    iVUEosD.jpg

Third stage: Bargaining - "No please, I know we can make this work!"
    dbAz0uf.png

Fourth stage: Depression.
    W7Vtoqm.png

Fifth stage: Acceptance? .. I know his dream is waiting for him in the Windenburg Countryside :heart:
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    My Sim had a first kiss and got a boyfriend, on Christmas Day. It was awesome.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Ellupelluellu To be honest, I think Mila should put on some weight again

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    I have a Victorian save - a house in Windenburg with Alfred Rawden (public official) and Sophie Rawden (fundraiser) she had two daughters but it was doomed to failure! So she divorced him and married Vlad (I prettied him up!) and moved into his mansion. The thing was as I hate butlers (they always seem to be reading) I add a sim to the household with cooking/cleaning skills to be the maid/cook/nursemaid. After Sophie left with the kids, Gladys the maid was always at Vlad's house, she didn't want to stay at Rawden House, so I ended up moving her in with Vlad and Sophie to look after the kids. Alfred has remarried and there's another baby on the way, and a new maid who is always trying to flirt with Alfred!

I have no idea how to add photos as im not technically minded but I love to build and Rawden House is one of my favourites I have done.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Ellupelluellu To be honest, I think Mila should put on some weight again

She has lost weight because she belongs to a swimming club with Clara. I only noticed now how much , because I gave her new clothing (that old dress she had makes her look bigger than she actually is ) :)

• Options
    My Duane got an A+ for his second term. He is well into his third now. I alternate between having him Listen Actively one day and Take Notes the next and soforth - during classes. That seems to work well. Also, I have him do two classes only each term. I don't want to overload my chill boy.

Both he and Paka'a have completed the Beach Life aspiration and are both working on Soulmate now. Seems only right them being happily married and whatnot.

Honestly, I can't help but love this couple. Duane comes with the Angling Ace aspiration and "hooking" him up with a merperson, who is ½ fish in their merform, seems too perfect. I mean, holding someone like Paka'a in his arms must have him think he is holding the catch of his life, a big fish ... *me silly*

KdaAmS0.jpg
    Studious Duane. He melts my little heart. Paka'a is frolicking in the water outside and chatting up their friends and neighbors.

• Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    @foxybilly Sophie is surely living the high life - going from one mansion to another! Pictures or no pictures, this thread is really chill so don’t feel any pressure and just do whatever you prefer :blush:

@Nindigo Love seeing snippets of Duane and Paka’as love story! Really want to see their wedding when/if that happens :love:
  • Options
    @illustratedhappiness That puts a smile on my face <3 They actually already got hitched, but it was pretty small and insignificant. Good thing it's easy to re-do it using a little cheating. I've already contemplated doing it, myself.

• Options

True fandom!

7YsL86w.jpg
    9XtqvEo.jpg
    "Could... you... please... ugh... give... your...ugh... autograph ?"

CIiIWI7.jpg
    "Sure, because you asked so nicely! By the way, toilet is over there. :) "

gCa6vIy.jpg
    "Eh.. thanks!"

• Options
    heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    My sims was murdered in his house. ):
    5zUb897.jpg

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @heyroberto Oh man, what happened? You playing with one of those dark mods?
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    @Jasonschick80 and @mercuryfoam - Thanks! I'll admit it was pretty hilarious. You're right that the lack of memory, like amnesia, was extra funny.

I really shift around my gameplay a lot so I do different things, but that was really funny. That family came about when I got Spa Day. I decided that it was too obvious that a narcissistic cult leader could use yoga as brainwashing, then use that as a way to get everyone doing things for him. That is one of those households for which you just say, "Ok, grab the popcorn now." There are others with various plots of different types. Lol. We'll leave it at that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited May 2020
    I just got Cats and Dogs, primarily because it looks like the quaint (and very pricey!) coastal villages of Downeast Maine, and so I plopped a pair of siblings (both the offspring of The Grim Reaper with Cassandra Goth when I exploited a loophole to make that possible) into Brindleton Bay for a lighthearted escapist game.

@ArcherDK your account of the dog situation is fair warning to me about what I take on with the Cats and Dogs thing, and others have also said as much about animals always being sick! And I'm sorry that happened in your game. :/ Especially to your granddaughter.

But here are teen Gabriel Goth Reaper and his barely-young-adult sister, Alyssa Reaper-Goth (not sure why I did their last names that way but I did) who came into the world with money due to the Goth inheritance so they can afford this place!

UtsQMuy.png

He has, as you can see, very odd eyes: his facial features were generated by game genetics to favor the actual Reaper Face when you remove the hood in CAS: all True Reapers have the same black (unnaturally so, not just lots of melanin) face with strangely huge, round, staring eyes, and facial features that look almost cherubic, very otherworldly and genderless. He got the recognizable facial arrangement from his father being the reaper, but his coloration had to be whatever the Sim was before becoming a Reaper, because the ginger hair and pale skin certainly didn't come from the Goth side!

59ghrCP.png

And his sister Alyssa came into the world with interesting dusky skin (of her father as the reaper) with none of the Reaper's typical otherworldly facial structure, and in addition, I did not make her hair purple: it was cherry red/orange as a toddler, and then turned purple when she aged up to teen and stayed that way as a young adult! She also is very attractively built if I do say so, and her wardrobe was "cute" by default...I was surprised because usually the default is somewhere between odd and tacky. But hers was good already.

They still haven't befriended any strays or adopted any pets. I'm a little squeamish about how that will go, having heard others' accounts.

But I did send them to Narwhal Arms in Windenburg for a good night out to meet people!

As you can see, Gabriel really hit it off with Yuki Behr!

Hw8KO5H.png?1

And Alyssa just enjoyed herself on the dancefloor, being gorgeous.

MFoFbOo.png

I did manage to get Chapter 35 of The Curse of Forgotten Hollow finished and published at Archive Of Our Own, and announced it briefly (without links as that is against forum rules due to its content) on the Serial Story What Happened thread, but this thread is great for the need to just play for fun, and share about it, so thanks again for starting it.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    @Nushnushganay I knew the mutt would kick the bucket like that eventually - sims are well known to neglect other living creatures. Personally I despised the thing, mainly because I just don't like dogs, but it was VERY gross. And the sounds were just too good.

Congratulations on the new chapter of the story, BTW! Just finished reading it. I'm glad you've managed to get back into writing :)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top