Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    I had never explored the scientist career from GTW, so I made a new Sim today (Walter Fumbler). Due to the style of my gameplay, it only stands to reason that Walter will be the most inept scientist there is--let's see how badly he can botch things in the lab :o

Lol, I have a clumsy scientist! Surprisingly, he has ended up being one of the most proficient scientists I have. It's strange how things work out! Let us know how it goes with Walter! :)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    Over the past few days I've opened up a restaurant called "The Poison Pufferfish" where the only food option is... deadly pufferfish ngiri. >:) (and some expensive wine to boost profit margins, ya gotta do what ya gotta do).

Here's some screenshots of how it went :D
    He clearly didn't like my singing...

xFaaf9H.png
    zQgPU6Q.png
    Another one bites the dust! (or the poisonous pufferfish ngiri for that matter)

8DAZUs4.png
    69o5iMY.png
    Two in one!

IDUwtvy.png
    rUUDM5S.png
    Boom! A child!

1MeTVNU.png
    tZYskN3.png
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Bheedas threw a baby shower, being pregnant for the second time.
    2AmtthC.png

Arun and Jesminder have adjusted well to parenthood and were ready for the newest addition to the family.
    6QBvsoP.png

Soon after the shower it was go time.
    CsWDHgu.png

As it was their second time around, Arun was much calmer and more comfortable.
    lnt6l4f.png

Perhaps too comfortable.

Arun: "Smile for the gram!"
    Doctor: I'm not paid enough for this.
    hHG81WV.png

What I thought would be one bundle of joy turned out to be two. The rare twins have arrived!
    e7cysxt.png

And big brother Micah was not happy about them in the least bit.
    Poor pouty baby.
    J3O9V2L.png
    Post edited by HopeyStarr on
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Today (as in 30 minutes ago) in one of my saves, I started a brand new household with 8 people. But this is new territory for me. I have autonomy on, and my hands stay off the controls at all times--they have to fend for themselves, or they're not gonna make it.

In the house I have built for them, I've given them everything they need to survive, including some extras like a nice big pool. Granted, all of their plumbing is outdoors, but it's still functional, and it provides passersby on the sidewalk with entertainment.

I don't think this one is gonna have a happy ending....
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by Rouensims on
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

b3e37e0d306a5cc6e2905bfb9a873a229065df80.png
    My little sims are visiting family in Oasis Springs <3

This is something I do often. I transfer a friend into my main household and let them house-sit then I take my main sims over to another family-members household. His sister has gotten married and they have a little toddler, time to go over for a day or two and say hi to the nephew and just hang out. The sister and her husband got some updates to their skills and I got to play with the toddler.

I'm itching to get my little witch into knitting, I just want to see the "teach to knit" interaction. Really happy that sim-kiddos can learn to knit :)
  • Options
    So, my hands-off game is going better than expected. 2 of them have died in the pool, but in the Sims, that's to be expected--they love swimming, yet they're not very good at it.

So far they have all taken care of thier own needs, albeit in a haphazard manner. There were 2 fires (one grill, one stove), but in both cases, someone stepped up and put out the fire. The only involvement I have had is to replace something essential when it breaks (stove, fridge, etc).

Damage count so far; 3 out of 4 toilets are broken, 2 out of 4 showers are broken, stereo, coffee pot and 1 computer are broken as well. I will only replace the things they need to survive, so if that 1 remaining working toilet breaks, I'll replace it.

One of the funniest things so far is how they treat neighbors...as in they completely ignore them. When the Welcome Wagon came, they stood on the lawn, completely unacknowledged until they finally left. And when someone knocks on the front door, my Sims will walk through the door right past them without saying a word
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    One of the challenges I'm doing is the 'Five-year Challenge'. My Sim Dane is required to set up a club and marry one of its members. So here's his dancing and DJing club, 'Up to Scratch', strutting their stuff B) He has his eye on Maeve, on the far left... and it looks like Whitney Charm (blonde) is already spoken for :p

VtLBnZO.png
  • Options
    I take back what I said about ALL of my Sims taking care of their own needs--I have one guy (Sylvester Plum) who's hygiene is all the way into the red, and has been for days. His mood? Happy.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    My evil warlock Vincent Labarre was bored...
    cKQnIrC.png

Then he got an announcement of romance festival and immediately he knew he'd be having fun in there. >:)
    RrnMJXX.png

He flirted with Clara Bjergsen, Bjorn standing next to them
    El3sXsJ.png

Later he casted a furio spell on Clara and Bjorn and made them fight.
    gGuXupT.png
    aHFPqw1.png

After he messed up Clara & Bjorn's relationship he "consoled" Clara.
    Dl6g0i7.png

He also flirted with Nancy Landgraab.
    xq9eJSm.png

Geoffrey saw it and got mad.
    E9I4N7y.png

Vincent is not someone who takes insults well. He set Geoffrey on fire. :D
    ki9kzb7.png
    BWCz32H.png

Vincent's evening at romance festival was fun for him. He enjoys messing with relationships. He's not romantically interested of either Clara or Nancy, he just wanted to entertain himself with causing problems. >:)

• Options
    edited August 2020
    So tonight I found myself in a building mood. I created a very sinister-looking 3 story Victorian, complete with black paint, black trim and gothic-style windows. But that's not the part that stands out, it's where I put it--on a beach lot in Sulani lol

I can imagine the locals thinking "What kind of wierdo lives there?"....now I need to create a special Sim to live there. I'm thinking he has to be dressed in black at all times, and have a darkly sinister look about him. I might give him a wife, I haven't decided yet

EDIT; Webster Morgan is born. I must have given him at least some of the right traits, because without me instructing him to do anything, the first thing he did was go upstairs to the living room and turn on some dark-sounding classical music on the stereo
    Post edited by Nate_Whiplash1 on
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I've been taking a little time away, but now that I'm getting back into it, I wanted to try out ReShade! That being said, not much happened story-wise in my game, but I did take a few screenshots in my (current) favorite household to test out some presets. I'm still brand new to ReShade and have a lot of experimenting to do, but this is what I got today~

Obligatory pet pics, of course!
    3gGmwJH
    2EHnSqd

Then the roommates...
    2DanobG
    2G1g4QH

And my beautiful spellcaster who is definitely not my favorite Sim of them all
    31FECaj
    2QEheE2
    32Cwjvk
    34MZJJY
    3lw40Y5

Here's a few "Before and After"s if anyone's interested!~
    34MlAks
    2QBIAKP
    3hGJpOr
    3bgjcDV

That's all I've got for now. Next time I post I'll have more stories to tell. Speaking of -- I've been loving what everyone has been posting! Still my fave thread by far 💖 Keep 'em comin', everyone!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    I have this musically inclined merman, Dolfin (yes, that's actually how he spells his name :lol: That way no one confuses him with his best friend Dolphin, who is an actual dolphin).

01-Dolfin.jpg

He has the "soulmate" aspiration currently, and he's been crushing pretty hard on Paka'a Uha.

02-Paka-a.jpg

03-Romantic-interest.jpg

So, in my most recent session with him, it seemed like time to make things happen. They went on a date to the shipwreck lot in Mua Pel'am, which I have converted into a national park in this save.

04-Date.jpg

Because Paka'a has a tendency (even on a date :joy: ) to run off mid-conversation to go swimming, I had to lock them downstairs inside the beached ship in order to carry out the date goals, have their first kiss, and become an official couple. :lol::naughty: But that did the trick.

05-In-the-ship-wreck.jpg

Or maybe it was Dolfin's amazing serenade... :wink:

06-Dolfin-sings.jpg

After they actually got all their "relationship tasks" checked off the list :lol: I let them out of their oh so romantic ship wreck prison. Of course they both immediately headed for the water.

But it was a beautiful calm starry night by then, so... :heart::heart::heart::wink:

07-In-the-water.jpg

Dolfin's pretty happy now.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Belinda Gregory, great-granddaughter of the late Malcolm Landgraab, got engaged to Brett Westbrook.

MVLZq0v.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited August 2020
    Some mysteries weren't meant to be solved. And it was a certainty this one refused to be solved. Erik came home from the Studios in which he worked these days, as an Entertainer. He was tapped to submit some music to the Starlight Accolades, which he did gladly. This just might be the break he was seeking, the chance to have his music validated. Erik's notoriety soared to even greater heights. He couldn't wait to share this additional success with Gem. Racing up the stairs, taking two at a time, calling out her name as he went, he received no response. He glanced at his watch to be certain she wasn't still at the restaurant. Maybe you're just asleep?

As he drew near her bedroom door, his attention was curiously drawn to the page lying on the side table below the tote board hung on the wall for announcements and notes. The family, as they began to see themselves, were all constantly coming and going, each one on their own schedules, to the point that sometimes they missed each other altogether. That's when Spock and Brianna hung the tote board.
    As Erik drew near, the overhead lights came on. Sitting atop the page was something shiny. Reaching down, he picked up that flawless 2-carat diamond ring he had given Gem, along with his promise to wed.
    llcp2Ax.jpg
    He remembered that moment so clearly, as if it had only been yesterday. Funny that he thought he needed to give her such a rock, as a bribe. Already, he could see there were cracks in their relationship as early as then.
    o9t8hIX.jpg
    How oddly twisted things could get. Time flew by for him at warp-speed. Yet, the twins were now walking and babbling up a storm.
    ZGRCgNQ.jpg
    zXIrEPb.jpg
    More time had breezed by than he realized, as Erik was constantly caught up into the world of his own making. Tears sprang into his blue eyes as he read the very simple and incredibly short note.
    "I'm sorry." Was all it said, signed by Gem.

Erik wept, withdrew, and finally tried to juice himself into oblivion. His family tried to help, but he was just lost. Lost and hurting beyond any pain he had ever experienced. Finally, one day he awoke from his stupor and began to write a new song. The words simply poured out of him, as if he was exorcizing the pain. This song was likely the best thing he had ever written. Maybe It's Better This Way. He licensed it and the royalties were quite generous.

Erik sought to find Gem. When he spoke to her parents, they curiously had little more than nothing to share with him about her whereabouts. "Gem, who? Who is it you're looking for?" Gavin Woodworth said. Margaret, whom he sensed would have been a fantastic mother-in-law just kept repeating, "I'm sorry." The whole time he stood on their front porch. They wouldn't even let him in. Was Gem inside? Her boss also couldn't explain her sudden absence or just where she had gone. Erik dug into this increasingly mysterious disappearance as far as he could. Even the Private Investigators came back with nothing. In some ways, it was as if Gem never existed. Perhaps, Margaret was sorry because to her Erik seemed deluded. Was he, deluded? Perhaps she was merely a product of his own imaginings, his own yearnings. Maybe. He didn't know, but she seemed real enough. What he knew for certain was that he wanted to write, sing and play his music. And, that he wanted his own family.

More to Come … Thanks for reading. :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    My new guy (Webster Morgan) already has an "awful" reputation. But that will happen when you go to a restaurant and woohoo a man's wife right in front of him, flirt with her afterwards, and then grab the guy's food off the table and eat it while he watches...
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    And so time passed. After nearly ruining his voice by keeping himself constantly juiced, suddenly, Erik looked up from his now customary seat at the bar. Before his eyes was a vision. Blonde, tall, with huge blue eyes. Everything he never knew he wanted. She must be a model, a Supermodel at that, he reasoned to himself.
    Erik realized he had seen her somewhere before, but he couldn't quite put his finger on just when or where. All he knew is he needed to get to know her. Like right now. Delighted when she took the stool right next to him.
    hc7L3E0.jpg
    "Hi, I'm Erik Cantrell," he said, glass in hand. She beamed back at him.
    "Hi, I'm Kayleigh Golden. Oh, you're him. You're that Rock Star Entertainer fella, aren't you? I'm very much into music. I absolutely love your work. And I'm so very sorry to hear about your fiancee."
    6KAJYAo.jpg
    "Thank you. Me, too. What have you heard? I mean, do you know something about her whereabouts?"
    7XXjPvb.jpg
    "Oh, no. I'm sorry. I just meant I heard that she just walked out on you and kept right on going until she was completely out of your life."
    Erik took a sip of his drink. "Vanished. It's like she isn't' even in the world anymore."
    "What about you, Kayleigh?" he asked with a smile. "What's your story? Do you have children?" Erik wasn't sure why he asked that, but at the same time, it was as if he knew the answer. Brianna wasn't the only one in the family with 'second sight'.
    "Just one. A little girl who just turned two. Potty-training is just a disaster," she giggled, nervously.
    "Doesn't your husband help?"
    Kayleigh grew quiet for a moment as she leaned closer to Erik. "No, you see, he walked out on me just after Melodie was born. You see, she's blonde like me and he's got black hair and automatically decided he wasn't her father. He divorced me quick. Left us all alone to fend for ourselves."
    "I'm so very sorry," Erik said, leaning closer to her and placing a hand on hers.
    "Seems we have something in common," She said, taking a sip of her juice. "I didn't do it. I never once stepped out on him. That's not me."
    Erik shook his head. "I never thought so, not for a minute. Thank you for sharing that. I do hope you don't expect me to share more than I have about my own situation. It's just that things have a way of reaching the press. Next thing I know I'm the lead story on a rag magazine. Staring at myself while trying to purchase a bag of groceries. Then I have to endure the whisperings as I walk by."
    "Oh, I guess being famous isn't at all what it's cracked up to be."
    "It has its perks, but it also has its downside. Especially for a Sim who just wants to share his music, but also desires a wife and a family of his own." With that he leaned into her further and kissed her gently on the lips.
    53dvntZ.jpg
    "Hm," Kayleigh said when they pulled apart again. "I understand. I just wanted you to know I'm not the person some see me to be because he chose to abandon us, that's all. Sims can be cruel." Then she smiled that wondrous smile again. Erik felt warmed. "Gee," she said, "I feel as if we've known each other for years. You're so very easy to talk to. But, I have to go. Melodie is at Daycare," She said, getting up again. "But, it's been very nice. I hope I'll see you again."
    Erik whipped out his cell phone. "Let's exchange numbers and that way we'll only be a phone call away."

More to Come … Thanks for reading! :)
    P.S. Yes, once again I created an error in my game. My bad. For all the Gem fans out there, so sorry, she's flat out gone. Gone. Oopsie. So, I made lemonade out of the lemons. :open_mouth:

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @GalacticGal Let’s just call it a plot-twist :)
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited August 2020
    Tilda Mayberry is my Not So Berry challenge mint Sim.
    She was on level 8 on scientist career when I took this screenshot but she got a promotion on the same day and is now on level 9, "mad sctientis". She definitely looks like it. :D
    HNja42c.png
    She's done with everything else required for the challenge but she only needs to get level 10 on her career. She has 7 days until she ages up to an elder, so it's about time to retire.

This is Tilda's teen daughter, Rosie Mayberry. She's doing her little bowling dance. She's supposed to be rose Sim, but since I don't use cc the colors are a bit of a challenge, she's more of a pink than rose, but whatever... close enough. :)
    a3YaCAg.png

Rosie's father is Joaquin LeChien. Tilda and Joaquin weren't married yet, but Joaquin decided to propose on the New Year's Eve.
    6lsx1RH.png
    Tilda said yes. She's been unfaithful, though. She has an affair with Lilith Vatore. Lilith is her co-worker and they've been having fun at the science lab for a long time. I think she will continue the secret affair even after marriage. Tilda is bisexual, but she also has a thing for vampires. ;)

The family had a dinner at the fancy but cosy restaurant to celebrate the proposal and a New Year's Eve.
    frs95VF.png

Tilda and Joaquin have been together for so long they didn't want a big wedding, they decided to elope right at the restaurant. :smiley:
    KDY6D3Y.png
    Rosie looks happy that her parents are finally married.

I spotted an odd couple at the restaurant. Looks like Don Lothario and Eliza Pancakes had a romantic dinner. Poor Bob. Eliza looks like she's in heaven (did they just woohoo or something?). ;)
    LmqBhf9.png
  • Options
    Erik was at work, sitting at the piano, trying to come up with another jingle. He was completely distracted, however, and nothing was coming forth. So, he practiced the scales up once and then down again, bringing his hands abruptly to a stop. Then hitting an obnoxious discord, he got up and took a break. He was no longer drinking. Kayleigh filled his mind, his heart and was busy working her way into his soul. She was all he could think about. He needed to be near her, to see her, to spend significant time with her.
    my6CACh.jpg
    "Hey, Kayleigh, I wasn't sure you would be up. Have you eaten yet? No, let's go to Millie's. They have great breakfast fare. I know you're going to love it."
    "I can't wait to see you, Erik. I had such a great time last night."
    Px62Sci.jpg
    "Yeah, I had fun too. What made the evening great, though, was you."
    EGiOLCW.jpg
    Of course on their way into the café, Erik managed to find the small puddle of water. He slipped.
    gOvtneu.jpg
    "Oh, Erik, are you all right?"
    "Yeah, just bruised my Ego a bit. I'm fine. No, really I am."

Just a couple of days later, the couple decided to give Millie's yet another go.
    This time they actually made it inside. The Host seated them right away.
    "Don't look now, but that guy just keeps hovering. Why?"
    zs2TNYr.jpg
    "Oh, he's just a fan. Excuse me for just a moment."
    dXRu70y.jpg
    "Forgive me for asking, but does this happen a lot?"
    "Yeah, sorry. Hope it doesn't bother you too much."
    vTfxQzz.jpg
    "Truthfully, I was just hoping to be alone with you."
    VcTWMHn.jpg
    "I can fix that."
    "Wait, what are you doing?"
    6pvIRNt.jpg
    "Come with me. It's okay, I'm here so much I practically own the place," Erik said with a wink. Tugging gently on her arm, he took her around the corner and into the small kitchen.
    "You make me feel alive again," Erik said.
    6SyJvsj.jpg
    "You do the same for me. After David left, I thought there was something wrong with me."
    aTEb62u.jpg
    "There's nothing wrong that I can see. He is the big loser in this scenario."
    bc11vY7.jpg

Before too long, Erik found the words just springing from his lips, as if they had a mind of their own.
    "Kayleigh, these past few weeks have meant so much to me. The more I see you, the more I need to see you. I can never get close enough to you. I have come to realize just how much I love you."
    gZzQhvY.jpg
    "Oh, Erik, and I love you, too. After breakfast, let's go to my place."
    P79bgSg.jpg
    Z2lwFwq.jpg

They finished their meal, Erik paid the tab and the two hasten back to Strangerville. Kayleigh led the way into her modest home.
    "Melodie, come here, Baby. There's somebody Mommy wants you to meet."
    "Hi, there. You must be Melodie. I've heard an awful lot about you."
    "Daddy?"
    hjge4v0.jpg
    Erik laughed. "Well, not just yet, but maybe soon. Ah, there's a sweet, sweet girl." Erik had already made up his mind that should he and Kayleigh get married, he would be certain to adopt the little girl. Everybody deserved a father, after all. And he was so ready to be one.
    XvwbpQY.jpg
    "Aww, looks like you've got a friend." Kayleigh smiled.
    "Yeah, I think Melodie and I are going to be good friends. What a little love she is."
    h8AeCsp.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top