Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Only a week to go and I really can’t wait I have a few more things in my save for eco life to do over the weekend and Tuesday when the patch comes out then I’ll just be twiddling my thumbs waiting!
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I need it to arrive now.

I have just learned that if you clone your sim, they have all their skills and everything but not the masses of friends. Hooray.

So, I have a cloned sim who has now moved to Sulani in a brand new build. The problem is that because I have been watching Sims Eco videos on youtube, I keep looking for stuff I know would for in perfectly but it doesn't exist yet.

I neeeeeeeed that massive sliding door.
    :D
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    Fun fact: In the house that I live in irl, we have such large sliding doors to the garden. Fun to see that I can now officially try to build my house in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    I try to manage my impatience and enthusiasm by thinking that we will get the patch since it's closer, wich will be fun to play with too. On the 1st it will be holiday here, no work. Too bad it isn't the 2nd of June or the 5th :'(
    I want to build pink tiny containers!
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I started a new save with two new Sims, and, boy oh boy, am I excited to play EL!! And as @stewby, I have watched many Game Changer vods where they use the new build mode features and assets, so while building my new Sims' home, I became irritated when I couldn't move windows and doors around freely. Or place a ladder. Until I remembered my game needs to be updated before I get to play around with those features. This pack is going to add so much to the game, it will keep me busy for months. The building update alone will have me tearing down every build in every world just so I can create industrial style homes and businesses, and tiny houses made out of shipping containers. I can just imagine Brindleton Bay decked out with shipping container homes and businesses. Seeing as it is modeled after Atlantic seaports, those little shipping container houses are going to look right at home. The two Sims I created for that new save set in Brindleton Bay, are going to be returning to their hometown after being gone for several years only to find it polluted and the economy tanking. I'm thinking about doing a rags to riches challenge because I really enjoy a good challenge, and after watching James Turner's Rags to Riches vods, it looks like a very fun, and new, way to play. My two Sims are in Newcrest right now, honing their handiness, gardening and charisma skills so they'll be up to the challenge of living off-the-grid and starting out with barely anything except the clothes on their backs and some skills. I can hardly wait. :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    Only a week to go and I really can’t wait I have a few more things in my save for eco life to do over the weekend and Tuesday when the patch comes out then I’ll just be twiddling my thumbs waiting!

Yeah I need to hurry a bit too, my sim needs to age into a young adult and meet someone cool she can move to Evergreen with! What I don't yet know is if she will still be studying or not.

Also ever since uni I feel like too many of my sims get degrees. Idk why it's so addictive for me to send them to uni, but I always do xD
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I also want to take this opportunity to say that I am in no means bored by the shear amount of content in the game that all the packs afforded me - I have so much content I haven't even scratched the surface of and so so so many stories to tell.

I'm just excited because this pack seems to be offering different types of gameplay that TS4 hasn't really had yet. Yes some of it was touched on before in IL and CL etc... But this is different somehow. An entire neighborhood that changes based on your choices and also it being changeable after the fact is pretty cool. Can't wait to see all the things we haven't seen in trailers or livestreams yet 😋💚🍃♻️🥰
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm so excited! I can't afford the pack myself, so I have to hope that I win one of the giveaways I entered. The patch is going to be awesome though, it's just the kind of motivation I need to start building.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wonder if this pack is not only eco friendly but rotational play friendly too.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I was so excited to see the money was taken, and if no one needs me at work I'm off on patch day and release day wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee now I have to decide if I'll wake up early on patch day to relax my hair or if I'll do it after I look at the patch :/ decisions decisions...
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yeah I need to hurry a bit too, my sim needs to age into a young adult and meet someone cool she can move to Evergreen with! What I don't yet know is if she will still be studying or not.

Also ever since uni I feel like too many of my sims get degrees. Idk why it's so addictive for me to send them to uni, but I always do xD
    😂 I do the same with my sims and university and then I feel the spouses should have degrees too...so it becomes a cycle 😂
  • Options

😂 I do the same with my sims and university and then I feel the spouses should have degrees too...so it becomes a cycle 😂

Hahah :D I feel you. It's also cool that they let you skip ahead so nicely in the careers and my sims actually get to develop skills they would've never had without uni as I don't like skilling up certain things, like handiness & even robotics can feel slow with all the dazed buffs they get.
  • Options

Alrighty sim has applied to uni, one week left to EL! And this is the first time I had a teen apply so I had no idea they'd actually become tense lol. Here we go for another degree, kinda hoping she'll get into a distinguished degree at Foxbury, but I doubt it!
    3X2VBIv.png
    lB8IyQs.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @SimTrippy your sim is wearing one of my favourite bottom pieces.

Good idea to pass the time at uni, I have a few sims who could do with a degree.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    So many things that I look forward to.

Finally more apartments! Some times I’m just not feeling like landscaping and it is nice to have an option to San Myshuni. Hope we will get more of them.

I am hoping that I can get basegame worlds really polluted, more than a bit of haze anyways. Making worlds feel very different from one save to another makes it feel new and interesting for me.

Ever since I started to heavily fix my game with mods and CC I have developed a more relaxed attitude to release dates. That is the date that MCCC, Roburky and Triplis can even starts looking at stuff. They have their own lives who knows when it works for them to update stuff.

I will just sit here and enjoy videos, chatting on the forum and stuff like that. Will be fun seeing everyone else getting it.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy your sim is wearing one of my favourite bottom pieces.

Good idea to pass the time at uni, I have a few sims who could do with a degree.

Yes love this one too actually, like a lot of the stuff that came with IL and DU. Those packs are probably some of my favorite CAS in the entire game :)
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I am excited!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I'm just excited because this pack seems to be offering different types of gameplay that TS4 hasn't really had yet. Yes some of it was touched on before in IL and CL etc... But this is different somehow. An entire neighborhood that changes based on your choices and also it being changeable after the fact is pretty cool. Can't wait to see all the things we haven't seen in trailers or livestreams yet 😋💚🍃♻️🥰

Same! I am in love with this concept and I am happy there is something fresh and new for this series. The neighbourhood influence just makes it so much sweeter. I love the idea of community gameplay, especially for the environment and wellbeing of the neighbourhood.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Ok guys it's getting real, my preorder has been charged 😯
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    6 Days and Counting!!!!!!
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I have money in my ps4 wallet. I am so ready for this. I keep looking at the countdown clock. :D
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    a week to go. cant wait for this pack to come out
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    a week to go. cant wait for this pack to come out

Even less for the upcoming patch for pc and consoles.
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I'm over the top excited!!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Well I think the update should be in 4 days right I'm super excited for the update it gives me hope that they'll update other parts of the game to that I think really need it and I am looking forward to the new pack but I'm even more excited to find out what else is coming this year I'm hoping they'll say something on June 11th add a thought occurred to me what if they announce the new EP coming this year I mean if there's going to be a second one maybe they'll announce it on the 11th I mean since the ecopack is already going to be out they can't announce it like they did island living so it would be nice to know that they were going to do another expansion pack this year fingers crossed
    more for sim kids and more drama please