May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers :)

ren_sibal123ren_sibal123 Posts: 86 Member
Toddlers are looks nice/cuter in sims 4. Unlike sims 3 toddlers(still crawling, act like baby) sims 4 toddlers was looks preschooler or 3-4(or maybe 5) yrs old child, also can talk like child did also can talk(simlish), walk, eat adult foods(cakes, yogurt parfait, vegetarian mac and cheese), and more interactions(cry when sad, run, etc)

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,504 Member
    I agree. I think Sims 4 toddlers are the best. In Sims 2 they were horribly annoying and in Sims 3 they looked like little old men, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I agree. I think Sims 4 toddlers are the best. In Sims 2 they were horribly annoying and in Sims 3 they looked like little old men, lol.

Tnx :)
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I have very little love for children IRL, but toddlers in Sims 4 are awesome. One of my favorite pastimes is to help other families with kids.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,706 Member
    Agreed! I love TS4 toddlers, and the best I think is that they develop through their life stage, by communicating better, walking faster etc. I'm often sad to age them up after only 5 simdays.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    I have very little love for children IRL, but toddlers in Sims 4 are awesome. One of my favorite pastimes is to help other families with kids.

Since we are same. I still lovechildren in real life. I help them for the future and study. Especially the poor children. I live in philippines also. But today i play sims while waiting to end the Community Quarantine of coronavirus 19.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I disagree... I would like toddlers to be younger, I don't like how independent they are in TS4. I want them to start out crawling because it was so cute that you could teach them to walk. I also want them to sleep in cribs rather than beds because it's sooo much cuter and makes it feel more like they're dependent on their parents. Except for those things, I like TS4 toddlers.

Oh, and I want them to drink from bottles instead of sippy cups, like in TS2 and 3. Again... I don't like that they're older and more independent. In TS4 it seems like they aged everyone up. Toddlers, children, teens... are all older. Teens are basically young adults who go to high schools, kids are like 10-12 instead of the 8-9 in TS2 and 3. Toddlers are like 3-4 instead of 2-3. I don't like it. I just... don't. I'll never like it, and it bugs me each time I play with my families (because I'm a family player) that the toddlers are so independent. There's only so much play-pretend I can have with myself by giving them cribs and locking the movement skill so they don't start running or climbing stairs...

I have a CC crib for toddlers but obviously it doesn't have animations and doesn't actually work... It's just a normal bed that has bars that they can just move through. Still, it provides some consolation for the fact that we don't have cribs...
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,575 Member
    Sims 4 toddlers are definitely the best of the series. And they are SOOOO darn cute! I especially love playing with them in the little paddling pool and helping them to use the slide, those were great additions.

If only EA would overhaul the demon babies and make them an enjoyable feature, learning to sit and crawl and weaning them onto solid food. Babies are currently so boring!
  • Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    I find it super funny how toddlers get angry when they eat yogurt parfaits. Who knew sugar rushes could rile someone up!
  • Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    @elanorbreton , looking at the bright side, at least babies are a lot less work! 🙂
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Toddlers are amazing in 4. I love the 'play' interaction and i love that they're a bit independent. I wish only that we could teach them to walk. I miss that too much.
    I also wish that babies get more interesting. Im playing in short lifespan now with only 1,5 days as a baby and i age my babies right when they're born anyway cause it's 1,5 days of no interest at all to me.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Toddlers in TS4 are definitely the best. They're one of my favourite life stages now, while I hated them in Sims 2.
    Ever since I played a 7 toddler challenge, I love having toddlers in my household. They're just so adorable!

And I agree, that the play interaction is super cute.
    3287a858fa67e2c458b75a872d7d284a9fb0e36d.jpg

A few more adorable toddler pictures from my legacy family:
    021a0adaedf95f145eeaad9102dadae1876a0f15.jpg
    f745ca5040e24b876482c9e12b8b95b6cbbc68be.jpg
    28984980ba142ba80f8dc70bd90f914432027847.jpg
    7f9bb545e39d6ec7132715b6401cc3d31b8ab505.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Toddlers in TS4 are definitely the best. They're one of my favourite life stages now, while I hated them in Sims 2.
    Ever since I played a 7 toddler challenge, I love having toddlers in my household. They're just so adorable!

And I agree, that the play interaction is super cute.
    3287a858fa67e2c458b75a872d7d284a9fb0e36d.jpg

A few more adorable toddler pictures from my legacy family:
    021a0adaedf95f145eeaad9102dadae1876a0f15.jpg
    f745ca5040e24b876482c9e12b8b95b6cbbc68be.jpg
    28984980ba142ba80f8dc70bd90f914432027847.jpg
    7f9bb545e39d6ec7132715b6401cc3d31b8ab505.jpg

So cute
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Sims 4 toddlers are definitely the best of the series. And they are SOOOO darn cute! I especially love playing with them in the little paddling pool and helping them to use the slide, those were great additions.

If only EA would overhaul the demon babies and make them an enjoyable feature, learning to sit and crawl and weaning them onto solid food. Babies are currently so boring!

I so agree with this, I would love free time babies. They replace how toddlers were
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,950 Member
    I agree with that. I really like toddlers in The Sims 4. I couldn't even imagine the game without them, even though it was before the update for Vampires game pack came out and I was also playing the game back then (I still have footage to a baby growing into a child straight away). It was worth the wait.
    Plus I like how they develop in that life stage. At first, they use their diapers, babble, walk clumsily etc, but as they play and learn, they use their potty, actually talk simlish, run around etc. Plus they have even more interactions with children than before. And instead of just hugging pets, they can now pet them and imidate them. Plus they can now use stairs.
  • Options
    SimThoughts96SimThoughts96 Posts: 16 Member
    Even though I hate the toddler voices, I'm disappointed that they don't have phases, and I'm disappointed that I can't make toddlers squabble with siblings, they're my favorite age group and are infinitely better than they were in earlier games.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    We'll close this thread out here. It's a bit of an oldie. If you'd like to pop open a fresh thread to discuss Toddlers in TS4 today, please go for it. :)
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top