Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big Announcement Coming Dec 16th Maxis Monthly

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited December 2019
    I think it will be holiday decoration. Or they‘ll add open water to the other worlds. Or they‘ll add a color wheel. Or they‘ll add new features for build mode.

They might be announcing the gallery and or mods for consoles as well. SimGuruDuke is hosting and he use to be over consoles. Ninja is hosting as well.

Congratulation you're right !
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited December 2019
    So disapointed. That’s not what I call a big announcement. It’s really cool for console players but won’t change anything for other players.

Give us cars already!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    somehow i thought they would actually have something to announce, instead they had nothing.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I can't believe the behavior of the community. YOU might not be impressed by the announcement, but that doesn't mean this isn't HUGE for console players. Good Lord. "It isn't what I wanted so it sucks!"
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I can't believe the behavior of the community. YOU might not be impressed by the announcement, but that doesn't mean this isn't HUGE for console players. Good Lord. "It isn't what I wanted so it plum!"

To be fair, they made it sound like it was something bigger than that...can't blame us for thinking it was something totally different....

Yeah, they should've specified that the announcement was for console players so everyone else wouldn't have gotten their hopes up for something big.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited December 2019
    I can't believe the behavior of the community. YOU might not be impressed by the announcement, but that doesn't mean this isn't HUGE for console players. Good Lord. "It isn't what I wanted so it plum!"
    I can't really blame people. This is huge for console players, but most of us here are PC players. It mostly doesn't affect us, since A) there a less established console community with notable builders, B) console builds will usually be a month behind the curb because they get content later than us, and C) Even though we will be introduced to a lot of great builds, houses and rooms aren't new content or gameplay.

No one is saying that the Gallery update shouldn't happen, or that console players or the devs should feel bad for it. It's just that people are disappointed and were hoping for something more meaningful to them. The devs had a week to clarify that this was a big announcement for console players, they could have tempered this reaction.

Also, opening galleries up to players means that they can do cross-promotion. Like, maybe certain content can be unlocked in other games if they download a related item from a different platform. Like, PC gamers get dragon eggs, and if a console player downloads a room with a dragon egg in it, they can unlock it in their game.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Winter events for FreePlay and Mobile are cool. I wish the PC game had something similar. Even a repeat of The Positivity Challenge would have been nice.

Console players will get access to the Gallery which many players have wanted.

Sad to see some players rudely calling other players rude or entitled because they express their opinion.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    No one said it isn’t great for console players, I’m glad they get to use the Gallery too, it’s just that it’s disapointing to others because they made it sound like it was something big for all players.

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    Winter events for FreePlay and Mobile are cool. I wish the PC game had something similar. Even a repeat of The Positivity Challenge would have been nice.

Sad to see some players rudely calling other players rude or entitled because they express their opinion.

Sadly that's the norm around here if any of us have any type of criticism....

• Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Not trying to be rude, but I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up for it.

Though to be honest connecting multiple gaming platforms together is something I feel is a great idea and I also feel it would be something that would have quite abit of use. Imagine the sweet builds console players might have and the ability to transfer sims and houses to other gaming platforms rather than painstaking creating them again and just failing to get them right. I know that pain well
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think this is great news! My sister plays console and so do many others. We always wanted this.
    I think the problem is that everytime they say an announcement is coming people fly over the moon and start fantasizing and dreaming up these high expectations.

I'm never disappointed because I never dream up anything. I think to myself whatever they bring I'll take it. 😆 the most I do is read other peoples speculations.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Monaveil wrote: »

I'm so happy for the Console players, that is wonderful !
    Finally this injustice will be repaired.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I am sooo happy about this and I'm not even a console player! I use the gallery soooo much and have been feeling bad for the console players for ages now haha!!!

Plus apparently it's interchangeable? Like they can see PC creations and we can see theirs? So yay for the future discovery of some new great builders to follow :)
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Then PC players should of gotten something alongside this console gallery. It doesn't affect me as a PC user, so in effect there was no announcement at all. It has nothing to with behaviour, there literally was no announcement for PC users at all and made to seem like there was something to it.

This should of been handled a lot better from EA's side, and it wasn't. There is no issue between you, me or anyone else and that should be recognised. So i do forgive you for thinking other users are the problem when it wasn't at all. :smile:
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited December 2019
    I knew the "big announcement" wouldn't be worth their hype. I'm glad I didn't anticipate anything.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Of course I'd rather it be something for PC players, but we are only one part of the playing community. I'm happy for Console players though, that's really huge and great news for them.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    sparklilisparklili Posts: 29 Member
    great for console players though I can certainly understand frustration or dissapointment from PC players. I never get my hopes up anymore but would have been nice to have something from a builder perspective (like the matching window swatch update to the door update we had a while back maybe..) . Anyone else watch the stream and wonder if that was a clue about the new pack next year? he said 'pack beep' beep=cars? ;)
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I can‘t lie, I‘m a bit disappointed. I don‘t care about The Sims Mobile, I don‘t care about Knitting Stuff and I don‘t care about consoles so there was nothing for me in the livestream. I don‘t have to be the center of attention all the time though so I‘m fine with it. I‘m happy for console players. They get packs later, they don‘t have a gallery, they can‘t have CC and mods and I‘ve never heard them complain or being rude when PC players got stuff. They deserve nice things too.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    sparklili wrote: »
    great for console players though I can certainly understand frustration or dissapointment from PC players. I never get my hopes up anymore but would have been nice to have something from a builder perspective (like the matching window swatch update to the door update we had a while back maybe..) . Anyone else watch the stream and wonder if that was a clue about the new pack next year? he said 'pack beep' beep=cars? ;)

He also said motors instead of voters.

• Options
    I can‘t lie, I‘m a bit disappointed. I don‘t care about The Sims Mobile, I don‘t care about Knitting Stuff and I don‘t care about consoles so there was nothing for me in the livestream. I don‘t have to be the center of attention all the time though so I‘m fine with it. I‘m happy for console players. They get packs later, they don‘t have a gallery, they can‘t have CC and mods and I‘ve never heard them complain or being rude when PC players got stuff. They deserve nice things too.

Not saying console players don't deserve to be rewarded for their efforts, but it's simply that this wasn't handled well at all. If the developers mentioned it was a console announcement i would of been more happier for console users that they got something, i'm just a bit irked that it wasn't a bit more specific as to which audience was the target, instead it was called on pc and console players alike with a general announcement and now this.

I do hope the developers can learn from this, it isn't a negative for the sake of it, but if future announcements are handled better off the back of this one? then something good came out of it.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The way I see it, if you use the gallery, then you *are* getting stuff, if indirectly. Because console builders will be able to share their builds and families too. They're not just going to be using PC builds.

It may not be as big or important to PC users, but it's not nothing. And while I'm not as up to date on my computer tech as once I was, I'm pretty sure that it being cross platform isn't that simple of a feature for them to implement, even if it's not as shiny as cars or open world.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    What hurts me the most is this BIG announcement announced a 2014 feature ... nothing new. A kind of "Clickbait".

And it sounds like this :
    "Good news you purchased a partial game, 2 years later we decide to give you the missing parts, we are so generous."

Imagine a Ford Big announcement : "Your car will get wheels soon."
    Sure you will be happy but you paid for this "feature".
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I was hoping it would be a new feature, but it's great for the console players. :)

And because it's cross-platform, I wonder how usernames for different platforms will show up. It'll probably have to specify if the user is on PS or XBox in the UI because there might be different users with the same username across platforms 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?