Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big Announcement Coming Dec 16th Maxis Monthly

Comments

• mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I hope it is The Sims 5..

First, TS4 still has some more years ahead so.....no. Secondly, they wouldn't announce something that big on a Maxis Monthly. They'd announce it at E3 or EA Play or something.

Makes me sad to think they will be spending more years developing TS4. They never spent that long on the other games... because they all had way more content by this point. But yeah, you're right. :(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited December 2019
    Just they will explain their plan for the last quarter (FY20 Q4) and the 20th anniversary of the franchise.

It has been 9 months since Andrew Wilson promised to the investors a lot of content drops for TS4.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I may be the only person who hopes this but I hope it's body hair to be introduced in the next patch in January!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

First, TS4 still has some more years ahead so.....no. Secondly, they wouldn't announce something that big on a Maxis Monthly. They'd announce it at E3 or EA Play or something.

Makes me sad to think they will be spending more years developing TS4. They never spent that long on the other games... because they all had way more content by this point. But yeah, you're right. :(

My theory is that they didn't start work on TS5 right away unlike the previous games (development on TS2 and TS3 began shortly after the release of their predecessor.) It might be because of TS4's disastrous launch, but then it started to pick up and they decided to do TS5 anyway. So now they're stalling by extending TS4's lifespan
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited December 2019
    After Anthem and other disappointing games, EA is not hurry to decrease their revenue with another half-baked basegame when TS4 revenue is still growing.

The Sims franchise is a big source of revenue followed by Apex Legends, FIFA and Star Wars games.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    It won't be more Xmas content as they've said that the December patch was the final one for this year.

It may not even be for Sims 4.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    A couple of CAS T-shirts with logos on them!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

After what I have been witnessing away from The Sims recently I say that anything is possible :smile:

I don't think we will hear anything about TS5 until some point next year though. I think it would be hints and teasers to start with before a full blown announcement
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited December 2019
    I really think it might be cars though, because :

- They added a Transportation category to Buy mode, yet there are like maybe 4 objects In it, it seems odd to add a whole category for so few objects unless you plan to add other objects to it.

- Speaking of, Transportation wasn’t a thing In TS4 before. The basegame has no means of transportation yet they added a Transportation category....

- I noticed the neighborhoods seem to be more open, my sims still can’t change lots without loading screens but they can move more easily inside the neighborhoods.

- If you look at the new worlds, all lots seem to be connected to a road/street.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

- They added a Transportation category to Buy mode, yet there are like maybe 4 objects In it, it seems odd to add a whole category for so few objects unless you plan to add other objects to it.

- Speaking of, Transportation wasn’t a thing In TS4 before. The basegame has no means of transportation yet they added a Transportation category....

- I noticed the neighborhoods seem to be more open, my sims still can’t change lots without loading screens but they can move more easily inside the neighborhoods.

- If you look at the new worlds, all lots seem to be connected to a road/street.

god i really hope its cars
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Cars would enhance my immersion in the game so much....who knows. Bicycles were amazingly done though. It's still weird to me how children did not get them in DU, the animation would be the same but for the child skeleton on a smaller bike, and toddlers could have tricycles. But adding garages and cars would be major for builders too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SillyHvoeSillyHvoe Posts: 4 New Member
    I want cars to be in the game! I'd like them in the base-game pleaseeee EA. The point is that cars would be really useless as you will only be able to see your Sims drive them for like 3 seconds before a loading screen pops up, unlike The Sims 3 where we had an open world and could see our Sims drive their cars all around town.
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    Am I the only one who isn't particularly thrilled about getting cars? :open_mouth:

There will still be loading screens. Some lots would be unreachable by car [ex: that small island in the Get Together world]. I'm not really sure how it'd work, unless your Sim just gets into the car and it disappears.

What we *really* need are improvements to the AI/personality system. I can guarantee you, cars will get old fast because the Sims driving them will be no different, more or less. This goes for every other piece of content they release. It's why TS4 tends to "get old fast". You need to make the stuff using the content interesting, immersive. Or else the content itself will be just as stale.

I'm not really a familial player so I may be biased. Most of my Sims are fantasy-esque, and wouldn't drive cars. :wink:

One thing does not exclude another. I fully agree with an idea of ​​improvement in artificial intelligence. But one of the things that has made The Sims 4 extremely boring is the many limitations and very little immersion into reality.
    An idea of ​​Sim teleporting everywhere in every situation bothers me SO MUCH.

Sim go to work: Teleport
    Sim will visit a friend in the same city: Teleport
    Sim go to school: Teleport
    Sim will use a elevator: Teleport.
    Sim are invited to a date: Instant Teleport!

In the sims 2 for example, the world was not open, but in many other ways compensated for this limitation. There were so many great animations for every kind of thing and so much interaction with objects, that the loading screens became acceptable.
    With current technology, such limited gameplay and such lack of whimsy in The Sims 4 is unacceptable.
    Even if your gameplay is not focused on the daily life of sims, please understand and support other simmers who want this kind of content back.
    Producers have the ability to give you a much richer gameplay if the community asks for it ;)
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Tahabata wrote: »
    Am I the only one who isn't particularly thrilled about getting cars? :open_mouth:

There will still be loading screens. Some lots would be unreachable by car [ex: that small island in the Get Together world]. I'm not really sure how it'd work, unless your Sim just gets into the car and it disappears.

What we *really* need are improvements to the AI/personality system. I can guarantee you, cars will get old fast because the Sims driving them will be no different, more or less. This goes for every other piece of content they release. It's why TS4 tends to "get old fast". You need to make the stuff using the content interesting, immersive. Or else the content itself will be just as stale.

I'm not really a familial player so I may be biased. Most of my Sims are fantasy-esque, and wouldn't drive cars. :wink:

One thing does not exclude another. I fully agree with an idea of ​​improvement in artificial intelligence. But one of the things that has made The Sims 4 extremely boring is the many limitations and very little immersion into reality.

In the sims 2 for example, the world was not open, but in many other ways compensated for this limitation. There were so many great animations for every kind of thing and so much interaction with objects, that the loading screens became acceptable.
    With current technology, such limited gameplay and such lack of whimsy in The Sims 4 is unacceptable.
    Even if your gameplay is not focused on the daily life of sims, please understand and support other simmers who want this kind of content back.
    Producers have the ability to give you a much richer gameplay if the community asks for it ;)

Of course! I completely support cars! I agree with you, immersion makes a big difference. I think cars would do a lot to enhance this for a lot of players. I think it's a little silly that we teleport to transport everywhere. :/

I guess I'm just a little extra-bitter about the personality system. Woe is me, but I've got Sims living in Pleasantview to make up for it. :p
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    A couple of CAS T-shirts with logos on them!

The horror!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sims4 on PC has been taken care of for the year since the latest patch was released before the MM stream. I doubt there will be another patch for us before mid January. And this is an announcement they're talking about, which usually means news about something being released in the month of the announcement. I'd like to take a break from updates and patches for a bit, and not have to deal with the mess that almost always comes afterward. EA, Sony and Microsoft have been discussing the possibility of adding the ability to mod the console versions of Sims4 for months. It's something the console players have been asking for since it was released. Sims Freeplay and Sims Mobile are getting updates, we'll be clued in on when another round of voting for the community stuff pack will happen, then they leave everything up in the air by saying they have one last big announcement for 2019. Yet we have no idea which version of Sims4 they're talking about so I am not at all hopeful this announcement pertains to the PC version. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, just trying to not get caught up in another round of hype the gurus are so fond of creating without saying anything of much importance. Whenever the word ' big ' is attached to a teaser on Twitter I shrug it off as clickbait. Just a way to build hype, stir the pot of speculation, then disappoint us. Enjoy the holiday season ahead of us, and let's all hope the new year brings us better content for our games. :)
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

If it warrants a trailer, it must be really huge. I don't think even terrain tools had a trailer.

The last free update that I can remember having one was toddlers. Do you think the announcement is somewhere along that scope? I can see cars/transportation or CAW being trailer-worthy updates.

Sims 4 gallery for consoles.
    edited December 2019
    Deleted.

It could also be more locations for sims to swim.
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Yep, probably gallery for console players.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Return of SimGuruCopeland and the Store !

I hope a store NEVER makes a return! It was sooo overpriced and awful.

TS3 had both stuff packs and the store. But why rage about it? No one is forcing you to buy from it. Having a Sims store is a win-win situation. It's there for the people who want it and the people who don't can just ignore it. Besides, there are a variety of ways to get stuff there at much discounted prices. None of the things I've bought there were purchased full price.

It's not a win win when they put functional objects behind pricey sets. The piecemeal way they sold stuff made one have to spend much more for equal amount you'd get in an average stuff pack. The stuff packs that include functional objects for only 10 bucks versus Sims 3's 20 dollar stuff packs are far better.

Then why do people who have TS4 keep complaining that the game still feels imcomplete, empty and still missing so many things? Even after buying all the junk for it?

TS3 was just the opposite! It gave players so many options! You can get any or all of the things for the game but you didn't have to buy all of them to make it meaty or complete. Many TS3 players do have everything that is sold for it - the EPs, the SPs and everything from the store - they had 10 years to do that. But you must realize that this isn't a requirement, right? Plenty of other TS3 players don't have all of it, but rather have a combination of some EPs, SPs and some or no store items. They just buy whatever they want for their playing style and it is enough for them. But one thing none of them will ever say is that it doesn't feel complete or there aren't enough things to do in it.

Also like I've said, a lot of the store items can be bought at a discount. Also, there are so many great fan made cc and mods for TS3 that it is quite okay if one can't get everything at the Sims 3 Store.

And since you don't care for that stuff, why should you care if other people buy from the Sims 3 Store?
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    Tahabata wrote: »

Of course! I completely support cars! I agree with you, immersion makes a big difference. I think cars would do a lot to enhance this for a lot of players. I think it's a little silly that we teleport to transport everywhere. :/

I guess I'm just a little extra-bitter about the personality system. Woe is me, but I've got Sims living in Pleasantview to make up for it. :p

Yeah... totally ;/

This explains why many players spend most of their time in CAS or build mode, but get tired of gameplay fast.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • DezzyFoxDezzyFox Posts: 13 New Member
    The way the game is set up, we'd only see cars parked, and the sims getting into them and driving off. That doesn't add much to the game.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Something trailer-worthy, something trailer-worthy...
    I'm thinking cars is a big possibility (while I don't see how it'd work, I'm sure y'all have more of an idea), but what about a colour wheel?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€