Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big Announcement Coming Dec 16th Maxis Monthly

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    sparklili wrote: »
    Anyone else watch the stream and wonder if that was a clue about the new pack next year? he said 'pack beep' beep=cars? ;)
    He also said motors instead of voters.
    A motorized dragon egg-warmer that beeps when the egg is ready to hatch.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    I can‘t lie, I‘m a bit disappointed. I don‘t care about The Sims Mobile, I don‘t care about Knitting Stuff and I don‘t care about consoles so there was nothing for me in the livestream. I don‘t have to be the center of attention all the time though so I‘m fine with it. I‘m happy for console players. They get packs later, they don‘t have a gallery, they can‘t have CC and mods and I‘ve never heard them complain or being rude when PC players got stuff. They deserve nice things too.

Not saying console players don't deserve to be rewarded for their efforts, but it's simply that this wasn't handled well at all. If the developers mentioned it was a console announcement i would of been more happier for console users that they got something, i'm just a bit irked that it wasn't a bit more specific as to which audience was the target, instead it was called on pc and console players alike with a general announcement and now this.

I do hope the developers can learn from this, it isn't a negative for the sake of it, but if future announcements are handled better off the back of this one? then something good came out of it.

It wasn‘t a console only announcement though. In fact only one of the three announcements was console exclusive. If they said „for console players“ PC players wouldn‘t have tuned in and then later complained that they missed out on the Knitting Stuff concept, also it would have ruined the surprise moment for console players.

I know that most people who complain don‘t mean harm to console players but want to give EA constructive criticism. It still creates a negative vibe though and takes away some joy from a large part of the community that has been neglected since day one. I’m reading through some comments on YouTube, Twitter and this forum and rarely do I see console players simply celebrating the news. They always feel the need to defend their happiness (can’t play on PC because they’re disabled, etc.) as if they did something wrong.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I can‘t lie, I‘m a bit disappointed. I don‘t care about The Sims Mobile, I don‘t care about Knitting Stuff and I don‘t care about consoles so there was nothing for me in the livestream. I don‘t have to be the center of attention all the time though so I‘m fine with it. I‘m happy for console players. They get packs later, they don‘t have a gallery, they can‘t have CC and mods and I‘ve never heard them complain or being rude when PC players got stuff. They deserve nice things too.

Not saying console players don't deserve to be rewarded for their efforts, but it's simply that this wasn't handled well at all. If the developers mentioned it was a console announcement i would of been more happier for console users that they got something, i'm just a bit irked that it wasn't a bit more specific as to which audience was the target, instead it was called on pc and console players alike with a general announcement and now this.

I do hope the developers can learn from this, it isn't a negative for the sake of it, but if future announcements are handled better off the back of this one? then something good came out of it.

It wasn‘t a console only announcement though. In fact only one of the three announcements was console exclusive. If they said „for console players“ PC players wouldn‘t have tuned in and then later complained that they missed out on the Knitting Stuff concept, also it would have ruined the surprise moment for console players.

I know that most people who complain don‘t mean harm to console players but want to give EA constructive criticism. It still creates a negative vibe though and takes away some joy from a large part of the community that has been neglected since day one. I’m reading through some comments on YouTube, Twitter and this forum and rarely do I see console players simply celebrating the news. They always feel the need to defend their happiness (can’t play on PC because they’re disabled, etc.) as if they did something wrong.

Yet the biggest part of the announcement was the console gallery, that is the biggest 1/3 of the pie that is the case here.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

If they specified the announcement was for console players, everyone would have figured out what the announcement was for, making an announcement useless.

None the less this is big news to many players. Console players are just as much a priority to the devs as PC players, some of y'all seem to not notice that.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Why am I not surprised?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2019
    Sometimes I wonder why I even come here. Why cant we all just be happy for eachother and get along.🙄 everything has to be picked apart and complained about. Life is not over yet, imagine all the packs and content coming next year. Some even thinks there were hints about cars which is fun!🤗 can't we just see the glass as half full instead of empty all the time?

Plus I don't think they specified it was for console because we are all one community and will now be sharing the gallery.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I was hoping it would be a new feature, but it's great for the console players. :)

And because it's cross-platform, I wonder how usernames for different platforms will show up. It'll probably have to specify if the user is on PS or XBox in the UI because there might be different users with the same username across platforms 🤔

They’ll probably ask you to sign into your Origin account to access the gallery.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I think they came with big hints to winter pack and farming pack too.
    edited December 2019
    It’s a bit egocentric of the pc/mac players to complain. Afterall you always get the content before us console players anyways.

The gallery is a HUGE deal for us console players!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I've never built a lot from scratch and have no desire to build so I'm especially glad we'll soon have lots of new creators and builds to select from on the Gallery. 😊

I totally understand that the team didn't want to spoil the surprise for console players.

Tell us more about these....hints...🤫
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I've never built a lot from scratch and have no desire to build so I'm especially glad we'll soon have lots of new creators and builds to select from on the Gallery. 😊

I totally understand that the team didn't want to spoil the surprise for console players.

Same! I'm glad to have access to more creative builds because I tend to not really like the default ones and I can't build very well myself. I spend lots of time on the Gallery and look forward to finding more treasures. :)

Also, I think it's nice they're building a bridge between console and PC.
    #Team Occult
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm very happy that Console is getting the Gallery. As someone with very, very limited building skills, I'll enjoy having more options for nice builds to place in my game. Kinda like SimGuruNinja...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    If they specified the announcement was for console players, everyone would have figured out what the announcement was for, making an announcement useless.

Well, to be honest, I don't understand why this needed a live stream. They could've just announced 'gallery coming soon to consoles' and 'new stuff for mobile' and that's it - because there will be another announcement for the voting anyway.

They should do live streams for *really* big things where they have some actual gameplay to show (such as the stairs update).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.

Farming hints:The rooster they both comment on. Why comment on excactly that item if it's not because farming is coming soon?
    Winter vacation hints: Why talking about personal things to do over christmas holidays?

Idk but I really do have the feeling that those packs are coming soon.

Farming hints:The rooster they both comment on. Why comment on excactly that item if it's not because farming is coming soon?
    Winter vacation hints: Why talking about personal things to do over christmas holidays?

Thanks! I love hints! And I love how they integrate them into the game.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I knew the "big announcement" wouldn't be worth their hype. I'm glad I didn't anticipate anything.

Yep as always. It became a trend.
    Lu4ERme.gif

Do not hope they'll learn haha. They never learn, it's a fact.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited December 2019
    Sometimes I wonder why I even come here. Why cant we all just be happy for eachother and get along.🙄 everything has to be picked apart and complained about. Life is not over yet, imagine all the packs and content coming next year. Some even thinks there were hints about cars which is fun!🤗 can't we just see the glass as half full instead of empty all the time?

Plus I don't think they specified it was for console because we are all one community and will now be sharing the gallery.

We never said we are not happy for console players, many said they are but we are PC players. I'm tired of seeing people wanting to act like we live in a bisounours (don't know how it's called in English) world where everybody has to say positive things. No, nowadays, it's the norm to have bad *and* good opinions. It's not more the 17th Century.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member

Wiii - as in maybe finally Winter Vacation!! ^^
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Lol. They never fail to disappoint. ^^

Ha, ha , ha, I knew it and that is why I never bother to speculate anymore
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They really should have said "and our last big announcement for 2019 for console players" PC players have had the gallery since 2014 this announcement changes nothing unlike a PC feature that eventually goes to consoles why hype a group of people that are getting nothing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    sparklili wrote: »
    Anyone else watch the stream and wonder if that was a clue about the new pack next year? he said 'pack beep' beep=cars? ;)
    He also said motors instead of voters.
    A motorized dragon egg-warmer that beeps when the egg is ready to hatch.

That would be fun.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If they don't announce paid DLC in Maxis Monthly what is the point of having it? I don't get it. I thought MM was to talk about upcoming content but if they said no it's not, then why have it? I'm not interested in other players (no offense) but what content I might want and new announcements about content, nothing else.

Frost said a while back over on Twitter that they only host a Maxis 'Monthly' now when there is free stuff to show (in game).

That's also why they aren't monthly anymore. :/

Then they should rebrand the title. Wonder what a good name would be to call whatever it is they do now? I thought MM was where Lyndsay announced all those packs we would be getting in 2019. Must have imagined it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.