Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• Options
    FishyNamorFishyNamor Posts: 28 Member
    I just wanna know if i need get together to make sororities, like Clubs
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Barbie430 wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Feels like "Discover University" is actually "Discover Robotics". I appreciate that the robots had energy and care put into them, but they would have been a great addition to a future pack. Instead, they're taking up time and budget in an education pack.

What makes this so different from City Living? Your sims live in penthouse units, and every once in a while there's a "festival" outside - only instead of spicy food or love tea, it's a painting/debate/robot/spirit festival. Anything that actually has to do with the educational component of education is a rabbithole.

I sort of expected the robot lab and the debate room from the first trailer to be actual lots, but those set-ups were completely fake. All extracurricular activities will autonomously take place outside. Of course! Why wouldn't you want a bot festival during a thunderstorm or to go figure painting in the snow? Who needs classrooms when there's an enormous quad that can feel super empty?

Hold on hold on hold on...

The engineering lab and the debate room they spent so much time on in the first trailer...aren’t actual lots in game???

They have a debate space in the “commons” building where the cafeteria was in the beginning of the stream, and that was Britechester. So maybe the Foxbury commons building has the robotics lab. In any case, the robotics bench is draggable from inventory. (Not saying the trailer didn’t have lies though)
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Barbie430 wrote: »
    Hold on hold on hold on...

The engineering lab and the debate room they spent so much time on in the first trailer...aren’t actual lots in game???

No. Based on the stream, each university has four lots. 2 dorms, 1 commons, and 1 residential. The commons seem to generally contain some chairs, computers, food, etc. One of the commons we saw - can't remember which school - had maybe two robot stations where you can work on robotics.

But there is no actual robotics lab that will function like the one we saw in the trailer. Nor the debate room. You'll probably see sims using the robot stations in the commons in the background while your sim eats or whatever, but you'll never see a lab that functions like a lab.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Melmack wrote: »
    CAF84 wrote: »
    Melmack wrote: »
    The piercings look horrible, and I dont think I saw any 'masculine' looking tattoos. Just a bunch of flowers.

Really weirdly big flowers too! Why does everything have to be so big?

I think its to match the huge bright yellow barbells sticking out of the middle of their forehead.

😂😂😂 Best laugh I had for tonight (my time)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    They said that sims will age normally in Uni. That would suck if you sent an Elder sim, because they would just die in the middle of a semester. :(

I guess I'll have to actually turn aging off when my Sims are enrolled lol.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Love roommates, like robots, meh about the rest.

Camkat wrote: »

To be fair, they work on the game and aren't really "television" personalities, but yeah... they were boring. They didn't seem excited about their game at all.

The one in the middle was great imo.
    That's SimGuruAzure - she worked on Sims mobile and I think she worked on Sims 2, if I'm not mistaken. Either way she seems to really know what she's talking about - I wish they'd make her boss of all the packs.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    They said that sims will age normally in Uni. That would suck if you sent an Elder sim, because they would just die in the middle of a semester. :(

I guess I'll have to actually turn aging off when my Sims are enrolled lol.
    you could turn aging on Long I guess too.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2019
    I turned the stream off after 10 minutes.

I honestly didn't see anything in this pack to get excited about, not to mention the overall mood of the gurus came across as uninspiring and lackluster. All except SimGuruAzure, that is. She remained positive and upbeat throughout, but even her enthusiasm about the robots weren't enough to hold my interest. If I do decide to get this pack, it will be during a sale, because there is no way I'm paying 40 bucks for it.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Honestly, it was the most boring live stream ever and that for a pack I always loved the most. I genuinely feel bad for these 3 Guru's in the live stream, cause it got very cringe when it was kind of obvious that they ran out of content to show off as they kept going back to the household to play with bots. How was this a university pack again?
    I am aware of the little trick that says: it is just a stream and there is more to come to upcoming days. Well, I think we had about enough of these empty promises. Till now the EP already looked like it was just trying to hide all the missing features and the stream kind of confirmed this feeling for me. If there was real good content, we would know it from the day is was announced. Just like we knew with previous (or other) games. Good marketing does not hold back on starting the hype real high and exceeds this every time something new is anounced. Now that is a great game to me, but this is nowhere to be found with any Sims 4 releases.. especially the last ones.

More on the stream:

They focused so much on robots just like they did with mermaids in IL and as if the community only contains people who get entertained over these type of hypes. I'm sorry, but no.. It is just another childlike thing to me that The sims does not need to turn back to why it was good in the first place.

Then the answering of these non-existent questions that nobody asks for. Really? Is it really prior to answer if weather is working in the uni world? Come on, this is again another insult on our intelligence. I can not deal with game anymore.

Most questions I have seen on the forum or in the chat today about a full explanation on aging, education system, degree effect have not even been answered. The worst part was that one of the Guru's even said 'oh yeah, we have gone through that'. Im sorry, but no you haven't. Almost as if that was a way out or something. And if that was really their definitions of showing it off, then it is a hell of a lacking feature. In any way, it is not a good sign to me.

Did I hear it wrong or did one of them say that they did not include bunk beds, cause of the... 'statistics' again?? Are they living under a rock? This excuse is sooo old. The same one as 'we did not make new traits, because we wanted to focus fully on lot traits.. which are not really a complete new thing'. This is just beyond ridiculous to me.

This is a great thread so far and a perfect place to express how we feel. I am certain to continue this type of thread for every new upcoming pack ;) A safe place to 'complain' without being silenced.

And I thank you for making this thread <3.
    I may get this pack with my survey money , I did this with ROM, didn't have to spend a dime and got it for free...but I would NEVER spend 40 bucks on this.
  • Options
    Shae wrote: »

I honestly didn't see anything in this pack to get excited about, not to mention the overall mood of the gurus came across as uninspiring and lackluster. All except SimGuruAzure, that is. She remained positive and upbeat throughout, but even her enthusiasm about the robots weren't enough to hold my interest. If I do decide to get this pack, it will be during a sale, because there is no way I'm paying 40 bucks for it.
    Her enthusiasm about the robots really excited me about the pack for a second there. She was really detailed in telling how they worked and seemed really proud of it, so she probably worked on them specifically, and that's why they're so detailed and well thought out. I really like her A LOT.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Aine wrote: »

Her enthusiasm about the robots really excited me about the pack for a second there. She was really detailed in telling how they worked and seemed really proud of it, so she probably worked on them specifically, and that's why they're so detailed and well thought out. I really like her A LOT.

She was the only guru I liked today...she seems real sweet.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    This pack is so disrespectful to the point where it’s comical. I really do believe they think most of their fan base are a bunch of idiots that will buy anything with the name Sims.
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member

So do I.

Had they allowed her to take the lead in this stream, many of us would probably feel more positively about this pack. I really appreciate the time and effort she put into developing the robots, although they've never been the central focus of my gameplay in prior iterations of The Sims . However, that could change after seeing how much thought was put into making them.

Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    FishyNamor wrote: »
    I just wanna know if i need get together to make sororities, like Clubs
    They have completely ignored the greek system, so yes. Unfortunately, there aren't even lots big enough in the world to have a proper size sorority/fraternity house. I wonder if I can bulldoze any of the dorms or if they all have shells like apartment lofts.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited November 2019

She was the only guru I liked today...she seems real sweet.

Yes! Too bad she wasn‘t the keyboard holder.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Oh I forgot, I left the stream for 20 minutes... did they ever say anything more about the secret society? Are there any benefits to that at least?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2019
    I slowed down the scroll through of build/buy and it looked really disappointing. Any enthusiasm I'd managed to build up was kind of killed by this live stream. I do like you can go to university from anywhere though, that's pretty cool. Robots are not at all what I was wanting(I do want them just not like this) and really wished they had not been included. Two items I really wanted were bunk beds and pool tables, but no. Bunk beds are not common enough worldwide apparently and yet they said about elective classes they hadn't realized they were virtually unknown outside the US. Luckily there is a stuff pack and game pack I can use to bundle this.
    Also wish someone else did the live stream, that one seems to always be unpopular because she always make it so boring and doesn't seem like she knows what she is doing. They answered questions multiple times that have been answered previously in news and trailers like they didn't want to talk about anything new.
    Post edited by Rae357 on
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Oh I forgot, I left the stream for 20 minutes... did they ever say anything more about the secret society? Are there any benefits to that at least?

I think the benefit is that if you don't join, you feel immensely superior for not being part of a "secret" society that meets up within view of a busy main street.
  • Options
    poplopfloppoplopflop Posts: 6 New Member
    Rabbitholes? For classes AND graduation. The Sims 3 had an excuse for them...open world. What's the excuse for them now?
  • Options
    Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2019
    I can’t believe they literally brought back rabbitholes from TS3 and didn’t incite a riot 😆

Also, rabbitholes...in a closed world game...in a closed world game they said wouldn’t have rabbitholes...what?
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I have a feeling the new death is when a Servo breaks down into scrap from being neglected out in the elements. Otherwise they would have said there were 2 new deaths, wouldn’t they?
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

I think the benefit is that if you don't join, you feel immensely superior for not being part of a "secret" society that meets up within view of a busy main street.

I shouldn't be laughing at this... :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79