Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    SO much rabbit holing going on, it's kinda weird. Pretty much all my predictions for the pack came true. The bots are well done though - but I think that's because it seems SimGuruAzure was in charge of them, and she knows what she's doing. Doesn't seem to be much reward for getting a university degree, except some 'boosts' in the careers. NO new traits or anything trait related. So miffed. Would it KILL them to add more trait slots? :s
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited November 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    SO much rabbit holing going on, it's kinda weird. Pretty much all my predictions for the pack came true. The bots are well done though - but I think that's because it seems SimGuruAzure was in charge of them, and she knows what she's doing. Doesn't seem to be much reward for getting a university degree, except some 'boosts' in the careers. NO new traits or anything trait related. So miffed. Would it KILL them to add more trait slots? :s

They claimed the no new traits was because they focused on lot traits to give them "more of a university feel". 2 new lot traits. *facepalm*

I was hoping even if they didn't add traits, that they would give us an extra slot to add one after graduation. A job boost doesn't seem like much of a perk for the weeks wasted at university to get that degree. My sims get promoted to that level in the same time anyways just from working from home?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I signed up on Twitch just to ask about whims and they didn’t answer. They had whims off, and their faces were in the spot where whims would have appeared, maybe that was on purpose.

I don’t know, I was jotting down great things and also some bad. I need some time to think it over and see what’s in the update vs the pack.

Really disappointed there are no new traits and only 1 new aspiration. No one reacted to the mascots fighting which was awkward. I like that a lot of objects are draggable into the personal inventory, there’s swimmable water in town, the robots look fun, and we may be able to place our own elevators now, it seems. What they did add was thoughtfully done. I gotta think about it more.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    I'm beginning to buy into conspiracy theories that they have pulled a large number of gurus/game engineers (and money) from Sims 4 packs to put them into developing Sims 5, so they just don't have the manpower to build fully fleshed out packs (well, as fully fleshed out as they ever were with sims 4) anymore. I can only hope this is the case - as I may have to abandon sims 4 and see what 5 brings, not holding my breath though. I hope it's not that they've just realised people will buy anything, so they just put in a lot less effort now to increase profit margins.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »

They claimed the no new traits was because they focused on lot traits to give them "more of a university feel". 2 new lot traits. *facepalm*

I was hoping even if they didn't add traits, that they would give us an extra slot to add one after graduation. A job boost doesn't seem like much of a perk for the weeks wasted at university to get that degree. My sims get promoted to that level in the same time anyways just from working from home?

:( shame, then why does anyone want to PAY 40$ FOR this!?
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    The piercings look horrible, and I dont think I saw any 'masculine' looking tattoos. Just a bunch of flowers.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited November 2019
    My sims get promoted to that level in the same time anyways just from working from home?

I'm laughing because if I don't laugh then I'll cry.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    Melmack wrote: »
    The piercings look horrible, and I dont think I saw any 'masculine' looking tattoos. Just a bunch of flowers.

Really weirdly big flowers too! Why does everything have to be so big?
    I also noticed that several times during the stream, the sims dropped what they had told them told them to do and did other things instead so I see that issue wasn't fixed. She also struggled a bit to get that bike to work for that sim so that's not a promising sign either.
    I also noticed that several times during the stream, the sims dropped what they had told them told them to do and did other things instead so I see that issue wasn't fixed. She also struggled a bit to get that bike to work for that sim so that's not a promising sign either.

would it kill them to work out all these annoying bugs and glitches and get a better stable game.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    CAF84 wrote: »

Really weirdly big flowers too! Why does everything have to be so big?

I think its to match the huge bright yellow barbells sticking out of the middle of their forehead.

Yes, there were a few times where they stopped and uttered something along the lines of "that's not going to go well" or "that won't work" - suggesting they know there are quite a few buggy animations or situations where animations won't work. Whether or not those things can be ironed out is almost inevitable, it's more that you shouldn't telegraph this during a live-stream. If they don't have faith in it, then why should we?
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Love roommates, like robots, meh about the rest.

To be fair, they work on the game and aren't really "television" personalities, but yeah... they were boring. They didn't seem excited about their game at all.

The one in the middle was great imo.

logion wrote: »
    The gameplay trailer and this livestream looked like two different games.

Machinima can make every game look awesome. ;)

• LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member

Just as I said before, too chunky and no variety. Just balls, pffft
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

Love roommates, like robots, meh about the rest.

To be fair, they work on the game and aren't really "television" personalities, but yeah... they were boring. They didn't seem excited about their game at all.

The one in the middle was great imo.

I say they but I really meant the other two. I really actually liked the middle one and kinda wished they let her lead it and control the mouse.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member

One of the lot traits gives you cheaper drinks. It’s pretty much recycled happy hour.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member

As always...
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Feels like "Discover University" is actually "Discover Robotics". I appreciate that the robots had energy and care put into them, but they would have been a great addition to a future pack. Instead, they're taking up time and budget in an education pack.

What makes this so different from City Living? Your sims live in penthouse units, and every once in a while there's a "festival" outside - only instead of spicy food or love tea, it's a painting/debate/robot/spirit festival. Anything that actually has to do with the educational component of education is a rabbithole.

I sort of expected the robot lab and the debate room from the first trailer to be actual lots, but those set-ups were completely fake. All extracurricular activities will autonomously take place outside. Of course! Why wouldn't you want a bot festival during a thunderstorm or to go figure painting in the snow? Who needs classrooms when there's an enormous quad that can feel super empty?

Hold on hold on hold on...

The engineering lab and the debate room they spent so much time on in the first trailer...aren’t actual lots in game???
    Feels like "Discover University" is actually "Discover Robotics". I appreciate that the robots had energy and care put into them, but they would have been a great addition to a future pack. Instead, they're taking up time and budget in an education pack.

What makes this so different from City Living? Your sims live in penthouse units, and every once in a while there's a "festival" outside - only instead of spicy food or love tea, it's a painting/debate/robot/spirit festival. Anything that actually has to do with the educational component of education is a rabbithole.

I sort of expected the robot lab and the debate room from the first trailer to be actual lots, but those set-ups were completely fake. All extracurricular activities will autonomously take place outside. Of course! Why wouldn't you want a bot festival during a thunderstorm or to go figure painting in the snow? Who needs classrooms when there's an enormous quad that can feel super empty?

The robots is the one thing I actually like about this pack but I gotta agree with you. They maybe belonged somewhere else. While I would love to have robots in my game, I'm not paying $40 for them. They do look like they're done really well though. Best robots of the series yet (or so they seem). Shame they're in this pack that I won't be purchasing for quite awhile, if ever. :(
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

As always...

This game is SO much a brain dead person on life support that will never get better and needs the plug pulled ...but the developers are being stubborn and keeping it alive...

Omg I just thought how perfect that describes this 4th installment.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Feels like "Discover University" is actually "Discover Robotics".

I'm starting to think robots were included primarily to flesh out the pack, because without them it has very, very little going for it.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif