Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

1727374757678...Next

Comments

• Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,381 Member
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MonaSolstraale Sorry! I didn't see it but Skeilah posted the right one :) I'll change it anway.

@Skeilah Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Here is another new chapter! Second last chapter in this whole challenge! :love:

G9.D5: RED!
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

So I started the threads for the new challenge. Here are all the links:

casting thread

main thread

Tagging everyone I can find who's been part in this one at some point :p

@TheYayToast @Skeilah @MonaSolstraale @MaggieMarley @afai1261 @TwinkiesLA @lilypadmeulin @pammiechick @doggers123 @VanPelt81 @RL @Irishsong @Karababy52 @Emusimmer32 @DCJ504

Sorry if I forgot someone!
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I'm really sorry for not commenting earlier but I've not been active on the forums lately! So happy to see a number of chapters from you on returning though <3

Day 1
    Ayyyy nice to see you using my idea of solo convos instead of solo dates! I found it worked well for me.

Ohhh Jude, I'd forgotten how beautiful she is (if I do say so myself)

Whimsy is beautiful - love the red skin/silver hair combo.

And Marina is super stunning too. I think she'll be my favourite after Jude.

Lovely to see Melissa again!

Switching on autonomy and just leaving them has worked well for me but you do have to be patient and wait quite a bit because sims in TS4 are kinda dumb and antisocial :D They do have a bad habit of doing other stuff though so I make sure that I delete all potential distractions (basically anything that could raise fun need) and lock all the doors. You sometimes have to leave them for quite a while though. I usually have autonomy on from whenever they finish their scheduled activity (solo convo, challenge etc) to midnight.

LOVE Mycroft and Marina showering in the rain together!

Ooof I'm so glad that Jude got a rose, for a moment there I was worried!

Oh no, Marina's gone already :'( I'd better find another second favourite to route for.

Ahahaha terrified Star is hilarious. Maybe she'll be my new second favourite. Or Whimsy, she's super cute too.

Day 2
    Luna managing to hit herself in the face with a ball :D

Aw no, I had high hopes for Jude... But omg I love your song reference!

Wowza Cheyenne getting flirty already?

LOL Cheyenne getting flashed by Jude... And then by Mycroft too??

Yeah, that's why I keep the doors locked :p

Whimsy looks adorable in that hat. Ok she is for sure my second favourite now after Jude.

Ohhhh Mycroft actually is talking to Jude of his own free will, I love that!

Ok but Mycroft just randomly being naked all the time is a whole mood and I'm here for it.

Oh are you doing a rose ceremony every day, then? I'm looking for ways to make my next bachelor/ette challenge shorter so I may steal this idea, plus having fewer contestants of course (I definitely took on too many last time!)

YAY Jude is still in! Somewhat surprising given that (if I recall correctly), I gave her some pretty negative traits...

Day 3
    You know, I sometimes forget that you can build sandsculptures outside of Sulani.

Microsoft is the best nickname :D

Uh oh Melissa reading Microsoft Mycroft's mind - I think that subtracts relationship points doesn't it?

Jude's face when she's speaking about world domination is hilarious, she looks so crafty. I'm surprised she's not been mean to Mycroft yet.

I love that screenshot of Star with her hands on her hips. She looks very formidable and poor Mycroft just looks baffled.

Mycroft complaining about wearing pink is so funny. I bet he'd prefer to just be nekked...

Cheyenne is going home? Wow, I actually wasn't expecting that given that she got the solo convo after the ball challenge!

I am definitely interested in following another legacy-bachelor challenge by you, how exciting! I noticed that you put up a casting thread. I'm not sure that I have time to make/enter a sim right now and I also haven't updated my game in such a long time so I can't go online until I've updated my mods etc and patched my game which would make it hard for me to enter a sim :( but even if I don't enter anyone for the first gen I will follow along.

Day 4
    Ah the good old painting challenge!

Ah Jude why did you have to fail so bad?

I like that you gave everyone time with Mycroft, though.

And Star is gone :( so sad, but I'm glad to see that Melissa is still in the game!

Day 5
    Can't believe Jude is in the final 3, given her traits! Proud of her.

So weird that you couldn't have them interact in the hot spring. My sims are always able to talk in it. Maybe a glitch?

Also: I hate when the hot tub gets dirty when sims go in it. I think it happens if they haven't showered before going in.

Aww Mycroft tickling Melissa is adorable.

OMG Jude and Mycroft snuggling <3

Oh, Jude is in the final 2, this is a surprise! Honestly thought she was going home there.

Bwahahaha Jude wanting to woohoo with Mycroft...

I'll be happy whoever wins because obviously I love Jude as she's my sim but I also really like Melissa since I'm kind of attached to her, having played with her until the very end of Rowan's bachelor challenge. It would be nice for her to end up being part of a legacy after all!

Now I can't wait for the finale.
  • Options
    And here's the finale! Of the whole legacy! :love:

G9.D6: FINALE!
  • Options
    And here's the finale! Of the whole legacy! :love:

G9.D6: FINALE!

OMG I timed my return to the forum perfectly! I thought I was gonna have to wait for the finale but nope, it's here already and I'm so excited! Ok off to read it now...
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley No problem at all! I've read that you're busy. I vanished for almost a year, so I'm the last one to complain ^^
    The solo convos are so much less work. I will still do dates again but also solo convos.

That's the problem: I'm not patient. Or maybe I just use up all my patience at work :D

Haha, you won't believe how relaxed I am reading your bachelorette lately. No nerve wrecking rose ceremonies :p

Haha poor Cheyenne needs therapy after this challenge :#

Mycroft used to be a sane sim (as far as I can remember) but as soon as he moved in the bachelor house he went nuts -.- Yes, he's erratic but still :D

Doing a rose ceremony every day is faster but it's really hard to get the relationships up in that time. That's why I always plopped them down for hours and made them all talk, like for 6 hours :D

I should've called him Microsoft more often!

Mycroft wants to be nekked all the time :D

The solo convo with Cheyenne might have been not so well ... I was shocked too to see her go tho!

I will have the casting open for a very long time as I'll go on holiday on Friday :) (And if you want to enter a sim, just go vanilla for a short time. I played vanilla the last couple weeks and it was actually refreshing! There's this new option with the story in the worlds!)

Haha, yeah the painting the bachelor challenge I stole from you :p

They all sat too far away from each other so I guess that's why they couldn't talk? At least when I wanted to have them talk there were these footprints next to the options...

Melissa is a lovely sim! And I love her alien eyes so much! :love: Jude is awesome too, of course!

I posted the finale while you posted here :D

• Options
    Finale comments
    Haha the finale of Nemmie's bachelorette also took place in autumn (in Sulani) - not good timing.

That townie kid staring up at Mycroft and Melissa cracks me up.

Oh dear why is Melissa being mean to Mycroft? Not a good idea if she wants to win!

They still get a first kiss though, that's a good sign!

That bird in the sea is adorable. I didn't know they could go in the ocean!

Jude just randomly in her undies... LOL. She is hot tho

Jude and Mycroft holding hands is adorable, I love them together.

Aaaahhh the final rose ceremony already.

OMG Jude won????!!!!!!! I honestly thought that she was going to be the first sim out of this challenge given that she is evil, hot headed, and... I forget her third trait but I'm pretty sure it's also a negative one. And yet she surprises me by winning? Wow, so proud of her! Also, it's so cool that one of my sims won the first gen bachelor challenge and the final gen's bachelor challenge.

I agree, Jude does look stunning there.

Edmund is handsome, I love his purple eyes. I think he takes after Jude.

Sad that the legacy is over but congrats on finishing! Amazing final score too!
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    I did actually start doing rose ceremonies in my bachelorette from day 13 onwards - well actually they aren't technically rose ceremonies because Nemmie isn't giving the contestants roses but still.

I think I'll follow your lead and do a rose ceremony every day next bachelor/ette... Or I may just do a really super speedy bachelor/ette which only lasts two days or something. Good point about it being hard to build the relationships in that time though...

To be honest my only mod is MCCC so it shouldn't be difficult for me to update my mods... I'm just lazy.

Oh right yeah that's probably why they couldn't talk to each other then!

I already read the finale
    Eeek! Can't believe who won!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @MaggieMarley Awesome timing B)
    As far as I remember the dream dates were usually in autumn or even winter. Bad bad timing lol

That little girl was the worst townie I've ever come across o.O

I think Microsoft didn't really mind Melissa's tantrum. It was all directed at the kid anyway.

What kind of bird are they? Kiwis? What bird that loooks like this can swim? :sweat_smile:

Well, at least she wasn't neeked like some other person in this challenge ^^

Mycroft seems to like hateful sims :D But for whatever reason, Jude has never even once been evil/mean towards him. I guess they've got
    hidden chemistry :)

OH, the family is on the gallery, btw. I uploaded them like weeks ago. @afai1261 can confirm... I spoilered the finale with it :#

Thank you! :) I'll miss some of the legacy sims (not all :D ). But there'll be a new one soon. Well, if I get enough sims in the casting.
    With so many contestants that you need two houses you can't have rose ceremonies from the start. As soon as they all live together it's easier to do.

How do you want to do it in 2 days only? :o I'm curious lol (note pad ready to steal an idea once again)

You can play with MCCC when it isn't uploaded. You just get this error message every 30 minutes :D It still works smoothly tho. As you can read between the lines, I'm just as lazy :joy:

For the new legacy I plopped down the old bachelor mansion. Better stuff around there ^^

Congrats again :)
  • Options
    @Queenarella
    I'm actually not sure what kind of bird it's meant to be!

It's actually so cute that Jude was never mean to Mycroft! When I entered her with all of those negative traits, it was honestly just a kind of experiment to see just how quickly she'd be eliminated :D

I didn't realise they were on the gallery! I've not played online in months because I didn't want to deal with having to update my game so I didn't see them on the family - glad that I didn't get the finale spoilered for me as it was a nice surprise to see Jude win!
    I'm not sure how I'd do it in 2 days... I'd probably just have them talk for ages and turn up the flirtiness with love lamps etc. But I don't have a clear plan. If I try it next gen you can see how it goes lol
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley
    Just birds then ^^

When you expect something in the game, the complete opposite happens. Always.

I uploaded them right after finishing the playing part so I could delete that huge save. Seconds later afai commented on them ._. So sorry!

I'll take notes :P
  • Options
    @Queenarella you deleted your whole legacy save? :o did you keep a backup of it somewhere? I could never bring myself to permanently get rid of a game that I had put some much time and effort into! I still have my BOTU save and my 100 baby save even though I know I will probably never come back to them haha.
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley Yes, I deleted it for eternity :sweat_smile: No backup, only the sims on the gallery. I feel like a big save slows down my whole game? Might be complete nonsense but I always delete saves when I stop playing them.
  • Options
    @Queenarella you may well be right there about saves slowing down the game. You've just reminded me that I have to clear out my saves because I have way too many right now (I have a bad habit of doing 'save as' often in case I have to roll back a save due to bugs or glitches and then ending up with hundreds of saves lol)
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley It's just a guess that many saves slow down the game tho. Only yesterday I deleted a ton of saves that I played around for fun and which I don't use anymore ^^ The sims are on my gallery anyway.
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    @Queenarella Congrats on finishing the legacy <3
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I haven't been in a bachelor challenge in a while! I'll try and make a sim for it later tonight. Thanks for inviting me!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    @TwinkiesLA Thank you! <3

@Irishsong Thank you! Wren is really lovely! :)
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Just wanted to pop in to tell you a million billion congratulations on completing the challenge! It was such a joy to read! So freaking hilarious! I loved it so much and look forward to your new challenge!~
  • Options