Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of you still wish that EA was still making new content for this game?

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    No, because this game has enough official content as it is, and it would be hard for EA to improve it, even if they wanted to.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No....but I do wish they would still be releasing bug fixes for it and improving stability and performance.

I wouldn't let them unclog my toilet let alone "fix" anything.

Every time they've "fixed" something in the past, they've broken about a dozen other things in doing so. My particular beef - they broke the beautiful in-game lighting in a WA patch ( or earlier one, I can't remember exactly ) to introduce that idiotic bloom lighting that virtually no one likes, and they never fixed it because it was assumed it was "too hard" which is their excuse for everything.

Now, instead of lovely garden lighting spilling onto the road in a realistic fashion, or lighting on the ground floor exterior also illuminating the second floor, you have lighting that doesn't go beyond the lot boundry and dark upper stories with well light first floors. It looks ridiculous.
    I accept the fact that TS3 is a VERY complicated game, and things will break, but when you just either can't be bothered or simply can't fix something and revert to calling it a "feature" ... no. They're not fit to "fix" anything at all. I hope they just stay far away from TS3.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    No....but I do wish they would still be releasing bug fixes for it and improving stability and performance.

Every time they've "fixed" something in the past, they've broken about a dozen other things in doing so. My particular beef - they broke the beautiful in-game lighting in a WA patch ( or earlier one, I can't remember exactly ) to introduce that plum bloom lighting that virtually no one likes, and they never fixed it because it was assumed it was "too hard" which is their excuse for everything.

Now, instead of lovely garden lighting spilling onto the road in a realistic fashion, or lighting on the ground floor exterior also illuminating the second floor, you have lighting that doesn't go beyond the lot boundry and dark upper stories with well light first floors. It looks ridiculous.
    I accept the fact that TS3 is a VERY complicated game, and things will break, but when you just either can't be bothered or simply can't fix something and revert to calling it a "feature" ... no. They're not fit to "fix" anything at all. I hope they just stay far away from TS3.

Wow I didn't know about that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    No, because this game has enough official content as it is, and it would be hard for EA to improve it, even if they wanted to.
    @Pary I am sure most of us could do without more unintentional "features" in our game! :confounded::D
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Wow I didn't know about that.

Yes, there is a thread about it here - https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/195697/lights-not-spreading-off-the-edge-of-the-lot
    back in 2010
    There were others, but they're probably lost to the ravages of time and I don't want to go looking for them. To be honest, it's one of the main things that just depresses me about TS3. Most other problems can be solved with modding ,but not this one.

@Mikezumi I agree ... I'd hate for them to start their cycle of EA Ruination again. I couldn't bear it. My game runs beautifully and so do many others who take care of it and learn to baby it along. I can't imagine what damage EA would do if they started fiddling again.

Not to mention, if they did so, many mods would require updating again, and so many creators either no longer play or have switched over to that absolute abomination that is TS4
    *choke*
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    @Pary The thought of not being able to use mods I have come to rely on because the modders have moved on just doesn't bear thinking about!
  • Options
    Of course my objection is my own. If others want more then who am I to say they can't have it. I just know that my game will remain exactly as it is!
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Mikizumi - :D The perfect sentiment!
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    No, the game would get too big, if they had kept on making new content for it for the past five years. It could use some improvement, but it wouldn't be practical for them to add any more.
    @SuzyCue72 Origin does not even live on my PC and I actually intend to keep it that way!

In fact until you mentioned it's existence.

I see it like Windows 10: Trouble.

@king_of_simcity7 - Look below...
    csdGvpY.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited October 2019
    Pary wrote: »
    Every time they've "fixed" something in the past, they've broken about a dozen other things in doing so. My particular beef - they broke the beautiful in-game lighting in a WA patch ( or earlier one, I can't remember exactly ) to introduce that plum bloom lighting that virtually no one likes, and they never fixed it because it was assumed it was "too hard" which is their excuse for everything.

I totally agree and it bothers me too. I hate that invisible line on each lot as it breaks the realism, especially since I tend to play on small lots. On the rare times that I have had to reinstall the game I always play around with the base game a bit just to admire the lighting. It seems that they didn't care enough to try and fix it and I don't remember any of the gurus or developers mentioning it again :unamused:
  • Options
    I've taken to placing outdoor lights far away from the lot edge now, and I use a custom setting of about 0.3 to 0.5 depending on the position, to achieve a soft light that still lights the path or wherever I put it, but doesn't extend in a too far radius, simply because I absolutely loathe the invisible lot light seam. It looks SO stupid, and really ruins to look of the area both in lot and map view.

Once you get many houses brightly lit outside, and you go into map view, the town looks like some hideous neon checkerboard, I hate it.
    After 9 years, this still really infuriates me.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    I like Sims 3 just the way it is. :)
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    With what we have officially (Worlds, clothing, objects, Traits etc from EP's, SP's and Store) and the Mods and CC players create and use, if EA creates more official content for The Sims 3 all that will be made unplayable or broken; The Mods and CC would be unfixed (I rely on Mods for routing/cleanup and Story Progression) as some of the Mods and CC creators have either quit the series or moved on to The Sims 4; my sisters said they have to reinstall their Mods every time The Sims 4 have a new Game Pack/EP/SP, and even they said they miss playing The Sims 3. I have installed on The Sims 3 the following: Ten out of eleven EP's, Two Stuff Packs, Mods, a bit of CC and a bit of Store content and my game is quite stable (Once the Mods kick in when I reload the game runs smoothly; so far I have only had two crashes in over two years of playing; one when I was in Edit Town in Moonlight Falls trying to put a Karaoke in the town and the second when playing as The Molyneux Family shortly after Ajax got his license, both times because I played an in-game week. I had saved before the game crashed.) I clean my caches between each play session. One of my long-term goals is to own nearly everything that have been made official in The Sims 3 (So far the only EP I'm missing is Island Paradise. I have two out of the currently avaliable eight Stuff Packs and so far I have 0.1% of the Store), and I am discovering something new everytime I play (Recently I placed two planter bowls on the flat roof of the studio in the Molyneux Family and got a Sim to plant into them; I wanted the roof of the studio to double as a platform.) I don't want EA to go back to The Sims 3 as much as I love this game (The EP's and SP's as well as the Store we can get for The Sims 3 is enough; I still haven't fully explored all the EP's and SP's I have. As much as I would like a Farming EP for The Sims 3, I'm satsified with what we have in Base Game, EP's, SP's and Store to be able to create a farming family. I managed to create a Wild West family using the Pets EP and Movie Stuff SP.) The Sims 3 had five years to cement a legacy, and it succeeded with what was avaliable in terms of tech at the time. A Sims game with Open World was ambitious, and in that aspect the Sims 3 mostly succeeded (Isla Paradiso was a strike against it). That's why I don't want EA to return to The Sims 3, and this is from someone who played since The Sims 2
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    Yes. I'm a long time Sims 3 player, and there's just so much that they didn't add to this great game, that I just wished they would have added, and I don't like to use mods, or CC
    I personally am not a fan of mods...so I use only EA content, so I would have loved more add-ons. There is so much that I haven't bought from the store, so I am glad that the store stuff is still available for purchase (for now). I only play TS3 and TS2 Complete Collection, and if I had the original TS1 on my computer, I would definitely play that. I only purchased a few things for TS4, but quickly got bored with it. Maybe someday if money permits, I may continue on with TS4...until then, I am playing with TS3 and will purchase for that.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I'm not voting because I think they shouldn't work on more expansion packs, but I wish they would still create things for the store. I would invest on more store items if they did.
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    I can´t vote, because my answer is not provided.

I don´t want the developers to touch this game anymore when it comes to EPs and SPs, because I don´t have any trust in them to be able to develop content for Sims 3 without breaking the game completely (hey, they can´t even develop their current game correct, so why should they be able to even understand the more complex one???).

But I would like to get new Store content!
    There still are some modders around who would be able to fix whatever went wrong with the new content. And there would be a lot of problems, because I doubt that the developer team could make something without problems. Nearly every Premium content from the store had errors, so new content would have even more mistakes!
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    No, because it could break things, including mods that I use that would need to be updated and the creators of them might not be around anymore.

I hope for a Sims 5 that is similar to Sims 3 but better and 64 bits. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    The only thing I want to see is a proper official giant fix for a great majority of the issues that still linger (I'm aware of NRAAS and some mods but still) and a 64 bit version
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2023
    No, the game would get too big, if they had kept on making new content for it for the past five years. It could use some improvement, but it wouldn't be practical for them to add any more.
    DELETED
    Post edited by carvernosam on
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Yes. I'm a long time Sims 3 player, and there's just so much that they didn't add to this great game, that I just wished they would have added, and I don't like to use mods, or CC
    There is so much more content that would've been awesome for the game, but of course, since the game is over, I've lived well with what I have. :D

Back when new store content was being made, I would have loved to see more premium content like a sewing machine. I would have even settled with a sewing machine as a decor piece, but it is what it is.I think that may have been number one on my list of premium items, but I wouldn't sneeze at more clothing for elders, children and men and longer hairstyles for women.

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited October 2019
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    davina1221 wrote: »

Wouldn't a farm EP be a bit Redundant after Pets through? We got horses in Pets, and you can already make a pretty good farm, even without store content. The only thing missing is a tractor that you can ride around the lot and use to harvest the crops. That would be pretty hard for EA to pull off, even if everyone demanded it. They couldn't even add door opening animations to cars in the Sims 3. I guess that farm workers would be something they could have added, but don't they already have gardener NPCs that you can hire in the game? I imagine that they function kind of similar to way farm workers would work, which again, would kind of make a farming EP a bit redundant.

There are animals, crops, farm machinery, ect not in the game. I live on a farm and have never considered a horse as a farm animal. If there was a old time plow, then sure, but yaks would be better. I see farm animals as animals you can get products from and make things, sell the materials, or in the case of the chicken, eat the eggs. With a new farm animal system, they won't be in the household count or stuck to buildings. Free roaming with fences. Electric fences, shoddy stick fences, ECT. Antiques. Farmer's market. I would like a real farm, not animals stuck in boxes. I bought the farmer's set when it came out and own the whole store. I'm wanting a real farm experience in the game.
    igazor wrote: »
    We already have a tractor that sims ride and it tends and harvests crops, it's part of the Grandpa's Grove store set. It's pretty clear that a farming EP was in the plans at some point and got scrapped. Many of the store sets we got in late 2013-14 in the last runs of premium releases had to do with crops, farming, and food. Though they work together fine, they are a bit disjointed and a popular theory is that they were going to be part of an EP that never materialized.

Same can be said about a carnival type of EP with the merry go round, roller coaster, gondola likely having originally been planned to be connected somehow. A Tunnel of Love would have been nice, didn't we have one way back in TS1 or is my memory playing tricks on me after all these years?

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    @SuzyCue72 Origin does not even live on my PC and I actually intend to keep it that way!

In fact until you mentioned it's existence.

I see it like Windows 10: Trouble.

Probably not bad. My Origin account is messed up. It was for months earlier in the year and I finally had an Origin person help me take stuff out of the folders and it finally worked. I bought Strangerville on sale and the Island Living and after they downloaded, it stopped working again. Can't even get Sims4 to pull up offline, because it is connected to Origin. My Origin games don't show or nothing. I had to play Sims3 with the internet unplugged because the main menu still comes on where I canPush the play button. Went on today. Tried getting in and erasing the stuff in the Origin file, but logs couldn't be erased because it says it is running. Task manager doesn't show it; not playing in the tray; and I keep hitting exit and sign out, but it won't let me do either. Guy from Origin told me to keep the steps down like he knew it would happen again, but I didn't expect it to happen a week later when I was hardly playing and didn't load Origin.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    I have to disagree just a little bit. My sims' farms produce crops in great quantities (the tractor we do have counts as farm equipment), honey, eggs, milk/soy milk. There is also a product that horses produce (edit: besides fertilizer I mean) that can have great value -- more horses. Or at least those with pedigree value can be sold by way of the NRaas Consigner mod, not sure if that can be done in quite such a rigorous way without it.

And yes, even as a city dweller I know that crop farms and horse stables are not the same things. But many of us tend to equate them with each other in our minds because they both have animals and require huge amounts of land to work with compared to the average suburban residential lots and those of densely populated urban areas. While acres of crops are out of the question where I live IRL, I wish I could raise horses. But the neighbors will tend to complain as I would need to bring them up and down stairs by way of the elevator in my building. :/
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    And yes, even as a city dweller I know that crop farms and horse stables are not the same things. But many of us tend to equate them with each other in our minds because they both have animals and require huge amounts of land to work with compared to the average suburban residential lots and those of densely populated urban areas. While acres of crops are out of the question where I live IRL, I wish I could raise horses. But the neighbors will tend to complain as I would need to bring them up and down stairs by way of the elevator in my building. :/

Neighbors...? Oh, you mean Jerry, Kramer and Newman? Don't worry, they're too busy with their own antics to even notice.

Neigh... bors... ? Interesting... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    No, not that neighborhood. This one. Only again, more concentrated and urban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL3xSctTB5c
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    giulliagiullia Posts: 25 Member
    Yes. I hate the Sims 4, and I wish EA kept making expansions / stuff packs / store content for the Sims 3 instead, because its a much better game
    I actually don’t hate Sims 4... but I think Sims 3 is much better, and I would love new content.
    The Goldsmith Legacy
    - A Sims 3 Legacy Challenge.

6.jpg?w=1024