August 22 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.
August 23 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

Baby Ariel

2...Next

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 2,632 Member
    I know of nothing that should prevent her from becoming a vampire.

Traits.remove_trait SpecialNPCs_BabyAriel should make Ariel mortal again, but then the game will create a (differently looking) replacement with the same trait.
    You could also try baking a birthday cake, inviting her and aging her that way. (I haven't tried either method myself, because I play with aging off and my mortal teens, too, will stay teens for a long time, so that Ariel being technically unaging makes no difference.)

And I'm weirdly glad that they put in a celeb that I had no chance of knowing beforehand or ever seeing due to my interests (and probably age). Because of that she's just another premade to me.

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 414 Member
    Ironic that they made the Baby Ariel Sim immortal when the real Baby Ariel probably has 2-3 years left of fame....If that. I mean she's what, a tiktok star? Just another thing from the Sims that doesn't age well, like how Sims 3 made the vampires based off Twilight and hell, made a bunch of characters from Twilight as Sims in it, not realizing that Twilight would lose all relevance after another year or so.

Anyways, I used mods to have her get struck by lightning.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 571 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Would have been nice if they relived more iconic celebrities. How about Freddy Mercury, Michael Jackson, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Pete Burns, Amy Winehouse, Prince, David Bowie, Chester Bennington, Charles Bradley, Glenn Frey... just to name a few... :)

that would have been logical .
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 24,119 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't like that this sim has been placed in my game with unexplainable immortality. Is it possible for her to become a vampire? Has anybody tried that in the game? I'm trying to come up with a good reason to not delete her at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Go to Manage Households.

Find Baby Ariel.

Click X in right corner of picture to delete household.

Problem solved.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 15
    I don't like that this sim has been placed in my game with unexplainable immortality. Is it possible for her to become a vampire? Has anybody tried that in the game? I'm trying to come up with a good reason to not delete her at the moment.

Go to Manage Households.

Find Baby Ariel.

Problem solved.

@stilljustme2 Not solved actually. Deleting baby Ariel from your game removes the sim, but another celebrity Sim with the baby Ariel exclusive immortality trait is automatically created. You can not eliminate the Sim with this trait in your game. For whatever reason Maxis programmed the expansion to always keep an immortal celebrity who does not age in the population.

This has already been discussed in this thread. Did you not read before you posted your quick fix?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 475 Member
    I never see her around, but I just remade her into a Honey Boo-Boo/Mama June character and made her really unfriendly. My story for her is that she's a former child pageant star who took her fade into obscurity pretty hard and became a train wreck. Now she's famous for picking fights with strangers in public and eating out of the trash. Granted, this was all before I realized that Baby Ariel was a real person.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 1,857 Member
    I’ve heard of this sim, but never actually seen her. If I did she’d be deleted faster than I can say D-list.
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 15
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Why don't you lock her in a basement and use her as a never ending source of blood for vampires?

I laughed so hard about this! I think you just solved the mystery of "Why EA created the Baby Ariel who is an immortal?" The answer is simple: EA wants your vampire sims to have an infinite snack.

But seriously, I think such trait is designed to make sure that there will always be at least one celebrity in this game, especially when some situations need a celebrity to play a certain role. For example, some random sims will call you, telling you he/she heard the rumor that someone famous showed up somewhere, wondering if you wanted to check it out or not. In this case, the game needs a celebrity to make this happen. Or lot traits that will "draw" celebrities, the game will spawn some random celebrities to fit the needing of having some celebrities on the current lot. If the pre-made ones has been deleted, then it's a highly chance that the game will still create another one to "fill the needs" based on the situations. As far as I knew, I only saw Baby Ariel one time on the award ceremony, she never showed up in other places. I did meet another female teen celebrity who had the same immortal trait as hers in a celebrity-traited lot. But I forgot if this new one appeared after adding Baby Ariel in my household or being deleted.

The only one thing that bugged me was that MCCC would recruit Baby Ariel to join a teen club that I made for NPC to have fun. She took a place but never showed up, I had to summon her to flag her as never club. Otherwise, due to her immorality, it was only a matter of time when she became the leader who never attended the club events. Anyway, just ignore them since those immoral celebrities don't seem to be everywhere like other non-immoral ones.

I was just like most of you guys, didn't like the idea of a sim based on a real person, and I did hate her immortality because of MCCC, she could ruin my game if getting married or having babies! But I found out a way to make a good use of her immortality when managing the household. For example: I will move some townie elder with the NPC job into some pre-made household like Johnny Zest to transfer the money, then move the elder to Baby Ariel whose household isn't in the world. By doing so, Johnny can survive with more money, and that elder can die and be culled.

Another usage of her immortality is that once a sim grows up, I can move he/she out in another household to make it like real thing. I'll explain this with child sim like Alexander Goth. Once aging up to teen, he's able to be independent to live alone, which most of players from Western culture would like to see it happen. The course is similar to the precious one, move Alexander into an elder townie household so that he can have the money, then move that elder to Baby's to keep his/her NPC job and let he/she die and be culled. It doesn't always have to be an elder, as long as he/she keeps the non-playable NPC jobs such as gym-trainer, paparazzi...etc. I figured this out to make it easier to manage the world.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 1,659 Member

Go to Manage Households.

Find Baby Ariel.

Problem solved.

That does not get rid of the actual problem in which the game "requires" a sim with the trait and will just create a new sim. Some of us DO NOT want sims prevented from aging.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 585 Member
    I've seen Baby Ariel in my game but to be honest, I have no idea, in the real world who she is...
    I have never heard of her..