Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Ariel

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    elliendre wrote: »
    Ah, Baby Ariel. I thought she was a homeless teen orphan. I was going to find a family to take her in as a care-dependent and give her a home, a new name, siblings... until I read online that she is actually an immortal teen celebrity and I was like, meh, live in the lot bin then.

I really like @lisamwitt idea of turning her into a mermaid Ariel though. That's awesome. I think I will try this. I've never actually seen her in the game though. Does she hang out at a specific lot?

I think your best chance at spotting her is near the celebrity walk in Del Sol Valley. That’s the only place I can recall spotting her outside the Sim bin with any regularity. Once in awhile at Orchid A Go Go. I actually don’t recall spotting her outside of DSV.
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    The whole immortality thing is wild to hear, in my opinion.

I am curious though as to how this will bode in the future when it comes to celebrities, companies, and the sims. If I remember correctly Millie Bobby Brown and Kieran Shipka both did some advertisements for the Sims.

Both are young actresses who are currently in really popular Netflix shows. I’d be curious if this means a Netflix collaboration (Simflix) or something will be integrated in-game (especially due to that cheeky thread Sims was attached to on Twitter) and if/when they make additions to Realm of Magic- like that survey potentially offered, if they’d make a sim with Shipka’s likeness and the Baby Ariel immortality feature to be included as an NPC- given her role as Sabrina Spellman on Netflix’s ’Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.’

I mean, The Sims Account on Twitter did a likeness of the character- Joe Goldberg from Netflix’s ‘You’ the other day for a meme. Stranger Things have happened, lol.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I think your best chance at spotting her is near the celebrity walk in Del Sol Valley. That’s the only place I can recall spotting her outside the Sim bin with any regularity. Once in awhile at Orchid A Go Go. I actually don’t recall spotting her outside of DSV.

Thanks! I rarely go there because no celebrities will even let my Sims introduce themselves. Not even one. Not even like a low level commercial extra. They just won't talk to my sims. :disappointed:
    I’d be curious if this means a Netflix collaboration (Simflix) or something will be integrated in-game (especially due to that cheeky thread Sims was attached to on Twitter)

I would love a Simflix! I recommended a Netflix collab in the survey. I really want my Sims to watch Netflix. :smiley:

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I did not know she was immortal.. that sounds.. geez.. kind of lame.
    Will probably delete as well. This whole baby Ariel in The Sims thing has always been unattractive to me anyway. I have no clue who that person is and I don't intend to either.
  • Options
    [quote="elliendre;c-17380575"]

I would love a Simflix! I recommended a Netflix collab in the survey. I really want my Sims to watch Netflix. :smiley:

[/quote]

Me too! One of my favorite holidays in season was TV premiere. I think if they included it, it would be cool to have sims talk about what they’re watching with others (and whether they liked various aspects of it like Movie Hangout) and binge with their family/friends.

I also think it would be cool if they added more acting scenarios in Get Famous because of it, as well as ‘Chance Opportunities.’ Like your Sim gets cast for a Simflix show or movie. Depending on how well it’s received, a Sim with a level 2 in celebrity can shoot up to a household name, if it’s really popular. If they do poorly in their acting, they can become a meme. Or they cannot be noticed at all.

Or a sim who’s a worldwide celebrity can score a deal with Simflix for a lot of simoleons, which can lead to a documentary opportunity- where a crew will follow and film your sim and can ask them to do certain tasks for the camera, ask family and friend sims for interviews, etc. Kinda like what Taylor Swift is doing with Miss Americana. I can also see simmers parodying ‘What We Do In the Shadows’ with their vampire sims.

Or the Sim, if documentary crew is too meh, they can do a first look deal with Simflix for a lot of simeoleons and a more consistent acting contract if they do a tv show, so your actor can have consistent work. Your Actor sim can negotiate their contract, whether they’re a guest, reoccurring, or main star and have certain clauses (like this sim won’t drink juice, won’t do woohoo scenes, will only work with x director) or they can buy out of it, asked to be killed off, etc.

If they work with Simflix their agency and other sims will reach out and talk about their work. It would give the acting career a lot of depth!
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    @AteezinWonderland Ahh those are all amazing ideas I want all of them! It would be nice to earn money on the computer writing a review or criticism of the movies and shows.
  • Options
    [quote="elliendre;c-17380739"]@AteezinWonderland Ahh those are all amazing ideas I want all of them! It would be nice to earn money on the computer writing a review or criticism of the movies and shows. [/quote]

Thank you!

I really like the idea of reviewing, especially since the game not only has freelance (which many freelancers get review copies of stuff before release), but critics and journalists- who would benefit greatly from more content.

I would love to make a pretentious critic sim who feeds off of the collective rage of their targeted show’s fan base. I think that would be hilarious.

After that, the only thing they’d need is to make a bunch of film majors who talk about their favorite movies... while completely not grasping what their favorite movies were actually about... (...... Fight Club.)
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Learned a plum lot in this thread. Baby Ariel is a real person?!?!?! WHAT?!?! Do I even want to look her up or will I be disappointed?

Also, I kinda liked BA before I learned she was real and I just hadn't heard of her (which is weird for me not to know a famous person). What really bothers me are the other immortal sims in my game. Ugh! So many teens that never age!
    Simming for twenty years...
  • Options
    @AteezinWonderland Yes, those sound good! I'd love a Sim who gets angry after watching a premiere or movie and storms around the house and can then rant online or give a scathing review, that would be hilarious. Or a Sim who get in an angry debate with another fan. I saw a chat option like that come up at Geek Con and it made me laugh.

According to Time Magazine, Baby Ariel is one of the most influential people on the internet. She is famous from TikTok. I've never even heard of that before. I guess I live under a rock huh

• Options
    [quote="CharmedSlayer6;c-17380764"]Learned a plum lot in this thread. Baby Ariel is a real person?!?!?! WHAT?!?! Do I even want to look her up or will I be disappointed?

Also, I kinda liked BA before I learned she was real and I just hadn't heard of her (which is weird for me not to know a famous person). What really bothers me are the other immortal sims in my game. Ugh! So many teens that never age![/quote]

I googled her, and she seems okay! She is going to be in a Disney TV movie soon, called Zombies 2. I know many people don’t like the direction the sims is going with celebrity endorsements, and Baby Ariel’s is certainly one of the weirdest given that she operates as a normal teen sim, but has a strange immortality trait to her. However, I think it’s a pretty great idea. I just think they should do more with it.

I’m totally selfish and a huge fan of a K-Pop group (take a look at my username to see which group LOL) and I would love to see EA collaborate with a popular K-Pop group (or two- maybe a male and female group) for a game pack or an expansion pack. Katy Perry’s Candy aesthetic was too out of place for the sims 3’s look overall, but I don’t think that infamy should shut any endorsement opportunity with a company or a celebrity. Especially since the style and aesthetics of a lot of Kpop groups are absolutely stunning and I’d love to have both the looks and music in my game. Totally a selfish want, but a want nevertheless.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    You can make her into a normal sim by having her as your active sim, enable testingcheats and then by writing:
    traits.remove_trait trait_SpecialNPCs_BabyAriel
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Options
    [quote="elliendre;c-17380774"]@elliendre

According to Time Magazine, Baby Ariel is one of the most influential people on the internet. She is famous from TikTok. I've never even heard of that before. I guess I live under a rock huh

[/quote]

I’m supposed to know all of the hip and current stuff, and I didn’t know who she was until I saw her name and her song, “Gucci On My Body” in the music list and put two and two together. XD

Honestly, as someone who was on top of what was what on Vine back in the day, I can’t put my emotional energy into keeping track of Musical.ly and Tiktok. I can barely keep track of some of my favorite celebrities as is!
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    The whole immortality thing is wild to hear, in my opinion.

I am curious though as to how this will bode in the future when it comes to celebrities, companies, and the sims. If I remember correctly Millie Bobby Brown and Kieran Shipka both did some advertisements for the Sims.

Both are young actresses who are currently in really popular Netflix shows. I’d be curious if this means a Netflix collaboration (Simflix) or something will be integrated in-game (especially due to that cheeky thread Sims was attached to on Twitter) and if/when they make additions to Realm of Magic- like that survey potentially offered, if they’d make a sim with Shipka’s likeness and the Baby Ariel immortality feature to be included as an NPC- given her role as Sabrina Spellman on Netflix’s ’Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.’

I mean, The Sims Account on Twitter did a likeness of the character- Joe Goldberg from Netflix’s ‘You’ the other day for a meme. Stranger Things have happened, lol.

I see what you did there. Lol.
    I do have Millie in my game. I didn't participate in the challenge that she was apparently part of though (Friend of the world?) , I missed it, I just downloaded her from the gallery.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    [quote="lisamwitt;c-17380896"]

I see what you did there. Lol.
    I do have Millie in my game. I didn't participate in the challenge that she was apparently part of though (Friend of the world?) , I missed it, I just downloaded her from the gallery.
    [/quote]

I missed it too! I was surprised to see her in the gallery!

I do unapologetically want them to try and get Shipka a Sim in-game solely for the reason that I absolutely love her hair now in terms of cut and color, and I want them to see how limiting the blonde choices are and give us the option for that bone white icy blonde she has. It’s so shamelessly evil to want them to struggle with it, but *insert shrug here* lol XD
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I hate to show just how out of the loop I am, but WHO is she influencing? And is she still a thing, or has her 15 minutes of fame run out?
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited January 2020
    I hate to show just how out of the loop I am, but WHO is she influencing? And is she still a thing, or has her 15 minutes of fame run out?

Nothing really interesting the last year or so from Ariel Martin.

In the UK we have "one hit wonders", those are artists who contributed to one song that made them famous but from there on sank into obscurity without a trace. often these one hit songs turn into cult classics. We had a lot of them in the 80's and 90's.

If Ariel is one of these? EA should do a better job of figuring out which artist is really the best to bring on. An established artist with a good record would be more useful to building bridges with potential customers.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I've never even noticed her before. I did notice some other sims either seem to live forever or re-spawn though.
  • Options
    Hoverael wrote: »

In the UK we have "one hit wonders", those are artists who contributed to one song that made them famous but from there on sank into obscurity without a trace. often these one hit songs turn into cult classics. We had a lot of them in the 80's and 90's.

If Ariel is one of these? EA should do a better job of figuring out which artist is really the best to bring on. An established artist with a good record would be more useful to building bridges with potential customers.

A Sia Sim would be fun.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited January 2020
    I always delete her... (I have no idea who the actual Baby Ariel is)
  • Options
    @lisamwitt A Sia Sim would be amazing! She’s one of my favourite singers.

• Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member

I do unapologetically want them to try and get Shipka a Sim in-game solely for the reason that I absolutely love her hair now in terms of cut and color, and I want them to see how limiting the blonde choices are and give us the option for that bone white icy blonde she has. It’s so shamelessly evil to want them to struggle with it, but *insert shrug here* lol XD

Oooh I have a Sabrina hair/headband CC (at work or else I'd look it up) that is GORGEOUS and available for all ages (even toddlers). If you aren't afraid of CC I would grab it. It's one of my absolute favorite pieces of CC.

Speaking of, your earlier post about Kpop groups... I have a lot of Kpop-fashion in my game and it goes really, really well with what Maxis has already created.
  • Options
    Elliandre wrote: »

Mine too. She'd have nice outfits and fun wigs in the game. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Oooh I have a Sabrina hair/headband CC (at work or else I'd look it up) that is GORGEOUS and available for all ages (even toddlers). If you aren't afraid of CC I would grab it. It's one of my absolute favorite pieces of CC.

Speaking of, your earlier post about Kpop groups... I have a lot of Kpop-fashion in my game and it goes really, really well with what Maxis has already created.

That’s awesome!!! I really like the aesthetic of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Unfortunately, I’m on console, so I can’t reap the benefits of custom content and mods. 🙃

But yessss, I’m dying for official Kpop Sims content, especially since there are many Kpop groups that have had fantastic fashion moments (my Sims Forums namesake being one of them... just saying, EA.)

There seems to be a lot of overlap with the Kpop fandom and The Sims fan base, so I’m really surprised that EA hasn’t worked out an EA Brand Ambassadorships with groups. especially if they did a music, dancing, and, overall, performance expansion or game pack. So many Kpop group members are incredibly versatile in rapping, dancing, and singing- it would be soooooo cool!

I could totally see BLACKPINK ushering in a new era of beautiful Create-a-Sim makeup looks (it’s so lacking, right now!) and doing sponsored video content for The Sims. Or Stray Kids and Ateez doing Sims 4 challenges during Kcon LA (Ateez’s Mingi and Yeosang would be an absolute ab busting laugh riot!) I mean Gita Jackson from Kotaku wrote an article about how quickly fans of BTS get their looks on their Sims Tumblrs super fast. Pls EA, ;-;.
    Post edited by AteezinWonderland on
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

Mine too. She'd have nice outfits and fun wigs in the game. :smiley:

That one long hairstyle in the game that's half white and half black always reminds me of Sia when I see it :)
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Hoverael wrote: »

A Sia Sim would be fun.

Sia Furler, there you go! :)
    Even though i don't know of her until just now, she's been around since the 90's and has a good record. She'll do very easily so as one that could be put into the game. Like Katy Perry who is also plugged into the scene as well, having these established artists is what EA should be looking for to pull in more potential customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top