Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Ariel

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I know of nothing that should prevent her from becoming a vampire.

Traits.remove_trait SpecialNPCs_BabyAriel should make Ariel mortal again, but then the game will create a (differently looking) replacement with the same trait.
    You could also try baking a birthday cake, inviting her and aging her that way. (I haven't tried either method myself, because I play with aging off and my mortal teens, too, will stay teens for a long time, so that Ariel being technically unaging makes no difference.)

And I'm weirdly glad that they put in a celeb that I had no chance of knowing beforehand or ever seeing due to my interests (and probably age). Because of that she's just another premade to me.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Ironic that they made the Baby Ariel Sim immortal when the real Baby Ariel probably has 2-3 years left of fame....If that. I mean she's what, a tiktok star? Just another thing from the Sims that doesn't age well, like how Sims 3 made the vampires based off Twilight and hell, made a bunch of characters from Twilight as Sims in it, not realizing that Twilight would lose all relevance after another year or so.

Anyways, I used mods to have her get struck by lightning.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Would have been nice if they relived more iconic celebrities. How about Freddy Mercury, Michael Jackson, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Pete Burns, Amy Winehouse, Prince, David Bowie, Chester Bennington, Charles Bradley, Glenn Frey... just to name a few... :)

that would have been logical .
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't like that this sim has been placed in my game with unexplainable immortality. Is it possible for her to become a vampire? Has anybody tried that in the game? I'm trying to come up with a good reason to not delete her at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Go to Manage Households.

Find Baby Ariel.

Click X in right corner of picture to delete household.

Problem solved.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't like that this sim has been placed in my game with unexplainable immortality. Is it possible for her to become a vampire? Has anybody tried that in the game? I'm trying to come up with a good reason to not delete her at the moment.

Go to Manage Households.

Find Baby Ariel.

Problem solved.

@stilljustme2 Not solved actually. Deleting baby Ariel from your game removes the sim, but another celebrity Sim with the baby Ariel exclusive immortality trait is automatically created. You can not eliminate the Sim with this trait in your game. For whatever reason Maxis programmed the expansion to always keep an immortal celebrity who does not age in the population.

This has already been discussed in this thread. Did you not read before you posted your quick fix?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I never see her around, but I just remade her into a Honey Boo-Boo/Mama June character and made her really unfriendly. My story for her is that she's a former child pageant star who took her fade into obscurity pretty hard and became a train wreck. Now she's famous for picking fights with strangers in public and eating out of the trash. Granted, this was all before I realized that Baby Ariel was a real person.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I’ve heard of this sim, but never actually seen her. If I did she’d be deleted faster than I can say D-list.
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Why don't you lock her in a basement and use her as a never ending source of blood for vampires?

I laughed so hard about this! I think you just solved the mystery of "Why EA created the Baby Ariel who is an immortal?" The answer is simple: EA wants your vampire sims to have an infinite snack.

But seriously, I think such trait is designed to make sure that there will always be at least one celebrity in this game, especially when some situations need a celebrity to play a certain role. For example, some random sims will call you, telling you he/she heard the rumor that someone famous showed up somewhere, wondering if you wanted to check it out or not. In this case, the game needs a celebrity to make this happen. Or lot traits that will "draw" celebrities, the game will spawn some random celebrities to fit the needing of having some celebrities on the current lot. If the pre-made ones has been deleted, then it's a highly chance that the game will still create another one to "fill the needs" based on the situations. As far as I knew, I only saw Baby Ariel one time on the award ceremony, she never showed up in other places. I did meet another female teen celebrity who had the same immortal trait as hers in a celebrity-traited lot. But I forgot if this new one appeared after adding Baby Ariel in my household or being deleted.

The only one thing that bugged me was that MCCC would recruit Baby Ariel to join a teen club that I made for NPC to have fun. She took a place but never showed up, I had to summon her to flag her as never club. Otherwise, due to her immorality, it was only a matter of time when she became the leader who never attended the club events. Anyway, just ignore them since those immoral celebrities don't seem to be everywhere like other non-immoral ones.

I was just like most of you guys, didn't like the idea of a sim based on a real person, and I did hate her immortality because of MCCC, she could ruin my game if getting married or having babies! But I found out a way to make a good use of her immortality when managing the household. For example: I will move some townie elder with the NPC job into some pre-made household like Johnny Zest to transfer the money, then move the elder to Baby Ariel whose household isn't in the world. By doing so, Johnny can survive with more money, and that elder can die and be culled.

Another usage of her immortality is that once a sim grows up, I can move he/she out in another household to make it like real thing. I'll explain this with child sim like Alexander Goth. Once aging up to teen, he's able to be independent to live alone, which most of players from Western culture would like to see it happen. The course is similar to the precious one, move Alexander into an elder townie household so that he can have the money, then move that elder to Baby's to keep his/her NPC job and let he/she die and be culled. It doesn't always have to be an elder, as long as he/she keeps the non-playable NPC jobs such as gym-trainer, paparazzi...etc. I figured this out to make it easier to manage the world.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

Go to Manage Households.

Find Baby Ariel.

Problem solved.

That does not get rid of the actual problem in which the game "requires" a sim with the trait and will just create a new sim. Some of us DO NOT want sims prevented from aging.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I've seen Baby Ariel in my game but to be honest, I have no idea, in the real world who she is...
    I have never heard of her..
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Why add a total non-entity to the game? Just bizarre.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Interesting reading those comments from last year about Baby Ariel. i wonder if there is a way to harness that trait to one of my sims so the game recognises it does need to put another such character in the game?

Maybe i can put it on Sandra Matthews or Abigail Jones, or maybe Tobias Lancaster. I also wonder if it can be replicated on other sims to give them all immortality? :tongue:

---

Clearly someone on the sims team must of enjoyed Ariel Martin's work to try put her likeness in the game.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    i deleted her the minute she was added to my game. I don't like sims based off actual people in my game.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I recently changed her name slightly, gave her a makeover, and turned her into a mermaid. I figured if she was going to be around, why not make her into a character I love?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I delete her. If we mark another sim as immortal ourselves, does that prevent the game from generating a new immortal with the Baby Ariel trait?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I recently changed her name slightly, gave her a makeover, and turned her into a mermaid. I figured if she was going to be around, why not make her into a character I love?

That's actually awesome. I never thought about that.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Interesting reading those comments from last year about Baby Ariel. i wonder if there is a way to harness that trait to one of my sims so the game recognises it does need to put another such character in the game?

Maybe i can put it on Sandra Matthews or Abigail Jones, or maybe Tobias Lancaster. I also wonder if it can be replicated on other sims to give them all immortality? :tongue:

---

Clearly someone on the sims team must of enjoyed Ariel Martin's work to try put her likeness in the game.

Oh. I didn't think of this possibility. I thought it was some kind of business deal. My assumption was that baby Ariel as an unknown 'celebrity' bought her way into the game because she believes the only people playing this game are her target group. With of course some sort of clause to make sure players can't just kill her like regular sims.

Luckily I have rarely seen her in my game.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Hoverael wrote: »

---

Oh. I didn't think of this possibility. I thought it was some kind of business deal. My assumption was that baby Ariel as an unknown 'celebrity' bought her way into the game because she believes the only people playing this game are her target group. With of course some sort of clause to make sure players can't just kill her like regular sims.

Luckily I have rarely seen her in my game.

On researching TS3 yesterday i learned that Katy Perry had some involvement in TS3. With a second coincidence around Ariel Martin on TS4, it seems unlikely to be a simple business arrangement which is why i was thinking it may have been a strong interest in these artists work and then bring them into the game, albeit in a closeted fashion.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Can't you age her up manually?

I was not aware of this. I changed her looks and name etc in CAS when I got the game and reallized she was a RL celebrity I never had heard of. My version of her is still a superstar, but with another story. She probably kept her no-aging trait though, but I did age her manually like I do with all my sims. Now you got me worry that she will stay elderly forever... I normally don't kill off elders, but well, if sje passes 100 years will reconsider.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I'm pretty sure she's been deleted in my current save but perhaps next time I make a new save I'll edit and rename the sim in CAS fulleditmode to make her more relevant to me and my game and see how she gets on.

@Mariefoxprice83 I renamed her after Venessa's best friend Tasha. She's mentioned here: https://www.ea.com/en-us/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/meet-venessa-part-one
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    That's a real person? Why have it there, and why the immortal? Pure delete bait. Assuming I care enough to bother.

Maybe the real one is inmortal
    B)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I arrested her and it broke my game.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Ah, Baby Ariel. I thought she was a homeless teen orphan. I was going to find a family to take her in as a care-dependent and give her a home, a new name, siblings... until I read online that she is actually an immortal teen celebrity and I was like, meh, live in the lot bin then.

I really like @lisamwitt idea of turning her into a mermaid Ariel though. That's awesome. I think I will try this. I've never actually seen her in the game though. Does she hang out at a specific lot?

• WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think it'd turn her into Thin White Duke or Ziggie Stardust era Bowie, IMO, or perhaps Lou Reed or Bela Lugosi.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top