Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paramours in Paradise/Sweethearts in Sulani (A Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge)

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Yes the first link in my signature. It was the first ever SimLit I attempted and I am still working on it as well. I actually just released the chapter featuring poor Collin's rejection this morning.

Just in case this is the website. mcginnislegacy.blogspot.com

Thank you, @TheAemaSimming! I'll pop over and check it out!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Love meeting the girls so far, can't wait to see the rest. I'm lookin forward to them meeting Levi. :smiley:

Thank you. I'm having so much fun. The last two will debut tomorrow, plus little fun extras from their first night!
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Neal you little devil. :joy: I'm OK with this happening if it doesn't work out with Levi, though if seems Neal will have a line of ladies to deal with himself, lol. That's so cute though!

Aww, I love Caroline. I'm very shy too.

Indie is great, I like that she loves animals. :) I wonder if she will critique Kiana's cooking.

@kittymeow He's going to try and hold it in. :tongue: maybe! He was completely enchanted by Kiana.

Caroline is a sweetie and so is Indie. I'd be curious about whether she'd critique Kiana's cooking too.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I love how different all the girls are!

Neal's crush on Kiana was amusing. She's so sweet and full of life. He's planning their dream date when he's supposed to be helping setting her up with Levi.

Poor Caroline. How does she keep just wandering in on these shots! I guess they figure if she's gonna be wandering about they might as well put her to work.

Hortance is a hoot and a half. That was great.

And Indie is just adorable.

@TheYayToast Neal was so flirty around Kiana. And some surprises to come with that! ;) Opps... is that a spoiler? :lol:

Caroline is a dear. I love her so much already. So is Indie.

And Hortance... had me in stitches with her interrupting Neal so much in game and saying all sorts of funny things. She's got fantastic expressions too!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I already commented on the blog posts but I just wanted to say here here how much I’ve enjoyed all the introductory posts so far. You really bring the characters to life!

Forgive me, I don’t really know how this works. I assume that the alternates are contestants who will be enter later after some of the original contestants have been eliminated. Is that right?

Thank you, @MaggieMarley. I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Alternates will make an appearance later in the story for one reason or another. You'll see. ;)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Indie? I don't remember making her love animals...

Edit: Then I remembered her aspiration :D

:D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Just caught up on my reading and the contestants so far for PIP are great. Looking forward to reading more bios :)

Thank you so much!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I forgot to mention about Kiana getting the private accommodation, yay that's awesome! :smiley:
  • Options
    TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited August 2019
    @AdamsEve1231 Yes the first link in my signature. It was the first ever SimLit I attempted and I am still working on it as well. I actually just released the chapter featuring poor Collin's rejection this morning.

Just in case this is the website. mcginnislegacy.blogspot.com

Thank you, @TheAemaSimming! I'll pop over and check it out!

:flushed: The fact that you're going to read it makes me both honored and nervous.... Thanks again for letting Collin be featured in your work!

Also want to second...triple..up agree with everyone else in saying I love the interviews. As always you have a way of breathing life into characters even when they aren't you're own. It's something I've always loved about your work.
  • Options
    Eek! I had no idea how difficult it would be to direct seven guys to introduce themselves to Breanna and participate in a competition. Holy guacomole! I feel like I failed. It took all night and... half were starving and exhausted, and 2 didn't make it to the restroom, plus 1 nearly drowned.

I'm tempted to start over because sheesh! I asked for alternates but I certainly didn't want anyone to drown on the first night. :# I think I'll reset the household and try again perhaps.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Whoops. I hadn't realized you had posted any other interviews except for Oliana's and Caroline's! I'm actually pretty glad Indie was put in an interview with another contestant, I need this thing to get rolling. I'm an inpatient person.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited August 2019
    Eek! I had no idea how difficult it would be to direct seven guys to introduce themselves to Breanna and participate in a competition. Holy guacomole! I feel like I failed. It took all night and... half were starving and exhausted, and 2 didn't make it to the restroom, plus 1 nearly drowned.

I'm tempted to start over because sheesh! I asked for alternates but I certainly didn't want anyone to drown on the first night. :# I think I'll reset the household and try again perhaps.

Oh, no! Looks like the ladies can take better care of themselves than the guys, lol! You could use cheats for their needs at first, just so everyone stays happy and doesn't die or get food ready for them or something. TBH, I think that would be very entertaining to read, though! :D
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited August 2019
    Caroline loved barging into other's one on one interviews. :D

Also, Hortance was captured perfectly in that interview.

Cant wait to see The Bachelor meet all of these ladies.
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 The interview was great and I loved seeing the girl's first night. I love all the midnight munchies!

Oh Caroline, you're doing so well... at being a pest. I think she's just a flirty little thing once she warms up!
    That and a moody Momma... Washing dishes and scolding girls for starting fires. Geesh

That's super crazy. The boys must be super willful to cause you that much trouble! I really wanna know who almost drowned. >.>
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 The interview was great and I loved seeing the girl's first night. I love all the midnight munchies!

Oh Caroline, you're doing so well... at being a pest. I think she's just a flirty little thing once she warms up!
    That and a moody Momma... Washing dishes and scolding girls for starting fires. Geesh

That's super crazy. The boys must be super willful to cause you that much trouble! I really wanna know who almost drowned. >.>

Now I do too... I hope it wasn't Kaha, he's supposed to be a fisherman!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hmm something has just occurred to me. Could you please change Mort’s favourite drink to plasma jane (if it’s not too late)? In his application I just wrote down the favourite drink that the game allocated to him but I feel that, as a vampire, plasma jane is probably more suitable!
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I also forgot to say in regards to Kiana:
    OMG. I guess our host has taken a smitten to her more than we thought and is thinking the bachelor can stand to lose one contestant!!! I think she should go. Cause ya know, love occurs when you least expect it. Including with show hosts.

Though I think Caroline might be disappointed... but she might just be boy crazy.

@nerdfashion I hope not! That'd be embarrassing. Hehe.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Berry Versions Of Caroline And Hunter
    grofield_006.jpg
    grofield_085.jpg

Caroline is a feisty thing in my save. She comes over at all hours.

Hunter is an adult in my save file. His kiddos are all grown up.
    Post edited by TheYayToast on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Aloha followers! It's that time again... a chapter introducing the final contestant of Paramours in Paradise.

Pull up a chair as the heat of the day fades to a tropical twilight while we meet @divanthesimmer's Leilani
    sWSCogf.png
    Leilani declares she will love you more, Levi, than any of the other contestants. Will she succeed in capturing his heart? ;)

...and lots of sublime shenanigans between the ladies...
    YrLokYU.png
    Kiana is locked out by her roomie for starters...

PICUyp2.png
    ...I think Hortance just wanted the blue bed... you could've said so, girl!

S56Yhqb.png
    ...oh sorry! Woman! :D

...plus the first day brings some interesting surprises... including a shocking proposal... which you've all voted on by now, hopefully, but if you haven't, pop over to the blog and help me decide! :smiley:

Also features Oliana Kealoha by @MaggieMarley, Caroline Grofield by @TheYayToast, Kiana Hamilton by @kittymeow, Indie Jones by @nerdfashion, Nakaia Aroha by @Munterbacon, and Hortance Hildenbrand by @VanPelt81
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Whoops. I hadn't realized you had posted any other interviews except for Oliana's and Caroline's! I'm actually pretty glad Indie was put in an interview with another contestant, I need this thing to get rolling. I'm an inpatient person.

@nerdfashion Haha. I'm going to try and keep up but my regular schedule might prohibit that a bit. We'll see. I'm excited to see what happens too! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Caroline loved barging into other's one on one interviews. :D

Also, Hortance was captured perfectly in that interview.

Cant wait to see The Bachelor meet all of these ladies.

@VanPelt81 :p Yes, yes, she did! I'd think she did it on purpose, but I don't think she's that much of a mastermind. I could be wrong. ;)

Oh yay! I'm so glad you liked my interpretation of Hortance! She really is a delightful Sim and so funny.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Oh, no! Looks like the ladies can take better care of themselves than the guys, lol! You could use cheats for their needs at first, just so everyone stays happy and doesn't die or get food ready for them or something. TBH, I think that would be very entertaining to read, though! :D

Well... it was a spectacular failure! I think I learned my lesson and I know how to do things differently for PIP. Lol.

If you really must know...
    Gs0YgXv.png
    ...poor @MaggieMarley's Mort! :( Don't worry. I rescued him just in time by exiting the game without saving and cheating his needs so he got out of the pool. Whew! I suppose it would've been interesting to have ghost Mort as a contestant. :open_mouth:

I think I might chalk it all up to a "Dream" sequence. :#

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Berry Versions Of Caroline And Hunter
    grofield_006.jpg
    grofield_085.jpg

Caroline is a feisty thing in my save. She comes over at all hours.

Hunter is an adult in my save file. His kiddos are all grown up.

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing, @TheYayToast! Aw... snow berry Caroline. That'll be fun. She really is a sweet Sim.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Well... it was a spectacular failure! I think I learned my lesson and I know how to do things differently for PIP. Lol.

If you really must know...
    Gs0YgXv.png
    ...poor @MaggieMarley's Mort! :( Don't worry. I rescued him just in time by exiting the game without saving and cheating his needs so he got out of the pool. Whew! I suppose it would've been interesting to have ghost Mort as a contestant. :open_mouth:

I think I might chalk it all up to a "Dream" sequence. :#

I read this in between sets while working out. I was laughing and my husband was confused. I told him and then we joked about how the promos would go for ghost contestant:
    This spirit has some unfinished business... Winning your heart!
    Death can't stop true love... Does this ghost have what it takes?
    He's come back from the grave... For romance!

The possibilities are endless! Hahaha.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Mort!!! I’m so glad you saved him :D it’s ironic that he of all people almost drowned... He’s death’s son! I’ve actually never had a vampire drown - I didn’t know they could.
  • Options
    I temporarily humanized him so he would sleep in the bed as I don't have a coffin on the estate. I think that's why it happened.

Does anyone know of a mod where vampires sleep in normal beds or... they sleep in what looks like a normal bed, but it's a coffin in disguise?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest