Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paramours in Paradise/Sweethearts in Sulani (A Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge)

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I feel like it would be easier to read in parts if it got to be too long - however, I'm really impatient so probably would want to see everyone's first contact immediately in one chapter :D

afai1261 wrote: »
    Oh my poor klepto child... I hope that won't come back to bite him in the butt :D

The traits you added fit him perfectly.

I already said this on WP but I'm so happy he got the bachelor suite!

I may or may not be starting a Runaway Teen challenge write-up for Griffin... so uh when that's up you can link to it if you want

@afai1261
    I'm glad you were happy with the trait additions. I'd love to promote your stories, so let me know when it's up. I've already had loads of fun with the klepto trait. :D

Awesome! It may be a while before it's up because I'm a little busy with university stuff right now but I'll be sure to let you know when it's ready :smiley:
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @afai1261 With Griffin, I'm up to 1834 words, not including points. I could do 2 at a time to break posts up.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Um cheese and crackers! That's a full system you have going on there! I'm really impressed, I had no idea how you were going to pick. :hushed:

I am super impatient, but I can also deal with waiting... so I guess whatever works better for you is my pick. Haha. Yeah, I just said nothing at all.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't care how you do the Meet the Bachelorette, I'm pretty impatient when at the same time I love suspense
    funny-gifs20.gif

@VanPelt81
    So I left Hortance alone in the Sweethearts in Sulani save and she up and married Gavin Richards on the 3rd day. :D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @VanPelt81
    So I left Hortance alone in the Sweethearts in Sulani save and she up and married Gavin Richards on the 3rd day. :D

@AdamsEve1231
    Huh, that's random. That's the same sim that in my previous save where I left Caroline up to her own devices... she had a one night stand with and subsequently a child with from that encounter.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited August 2019
    @divanthesimmer, @MaggieMarley, @TheYayToast, @afai1261, @nerdfashion, @Munterbacon, @VanPelt81, @TheAemaSimming, @SoulGal, @Xantheanmar
    BTW, I planned to break up the Meet the Bachelorette into multiple parts, but I'm wondering. Would you all prefer each guy's initial contact to be all in one chapter or would it be easier to read in parts?

Here's what I did in game:
    • cheated and reset all the relationships in the household once I moved the guys in
    • if they had the opportunity to do a flirty introduction, I'd choose that
    • each guy had 5 interactions and 1 could be romantic
    • To add some randomness, I would click on Breanna after the introduction and the first option on the left would be the option I'd select for an interaction (OR if they rolled a whim regarding Breanna, I'd initiate that)
    • After 4 interactions, if they did not naturally select a "romance" action, I'd pick flirt for them
    • Then I'd switch to Breanna and see what things she was thinking (a.k.a. whims and moodlets) and interact in the way that made the most sense for her personality.
    • Finally, I'd give each guy one more final interaction, and then wait for the next guy to show up.

During that waiting time, sometimes, the guys would get extra autonomous interactions in (and Breanna too). That was fun to watch. Sometimes they'd initiate things on their own and I'd let it happen.

I selected this process because the first time I tried introducing the guys, it was complete and utter chaos and someone nearly drowned *cough cough* Mort... :# and we had needs failures and running off and not interacting with Breanna at all. Ugh! Boys! You're making it difficult for me. :D

As for dialogue, it's based on their personality, interpretation of their expressions and actions in game, moodlets, whims, turn ons/turn offs, and star signs.

I also have a points system for the encounters with Breanna:
    +1 for a positive interaction, or a well-received romantic, funny, or mischievous interaction
    -1 for a negative interaction or rejected romantic interaction, mean interaction, awkward encounter, or a mischievous interaction that didn't work

These points will be compiled and added to Breanna's overall impression points at the end of each day. Certain encounters and interactions will also receive bonus points (i.e. a one-on-one date will receive 1 extra point, instead of points for each different encounter during the date so as not to give an enormous edge to one particular person). A negative date or a sweeping romantic gesture may generate or subtract additional points. Competitors arriving late will also have an opportunity to "make up" points so they are relatively level with the other candidates. Competitions will add points also for participation and for success, but depends on the scenario.

I'll also allow the community to vote for their favorite guy at the end of each post and these points will also factor into the competition. I take detailed notes and snap screenshots to help me remember what happens during the game so as to be as fair as possible. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

And I won't retag everyone who is already listed above. You know who you are, but I will tag all the additional submitters:
    @kittymeow, @Valpre1983
    FYI, the ladies will have a similar points system.

Wow...neat points system you have there! It doesn't really matter if the guys meeting Breanna is in one post or several posts to me. If it's long, it can be broken up and if it's short, one post works too. Maybe you could do two at a time if you have the time.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited August 2019
    Either way works for me. Whichever one is easiest with you playing.

Andy's character was captured well in that chapter.

Also, It seemed like Andy was inadvertently making a great wing-man for Neal if Neal was hooking up with any of the random sims there (after filming of course). They all were looking his way throughout the interview.
    @VanPelt81

That is hilarious
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 wow I’m impressed! You have such a thorough system. Personally I am living for this and I want as much as you can give me as fast as possible :D soooo if you’re able to do all the guys in one chapter I’d love that. But honestly I’m going to love whatever you write.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 - Great work on the story. Whichever way works for you as far as the Meet & Greet with Breanna. Having lots of fun reading this. :)
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I am of the mind that whatever works best for you. If it feels too much when its all written out, split it up. We will all wait... maybe a bit impatiently but... that's our problem. :smile:

Based on what you've said about the way the first meeting went, I am excited to see.
    I'm hearing impatience and suspense, folks! Haha. Well. I think I might split it up and give people a chance to vote on 2-3 contestants at a time. I'm already loving all your submissions so it's going to be so hard to choose. :#

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    VanPelt81 wrote: »

Also, It seemed like Andy was inadvertently making a great wing-man for Neal if Neal was hooking up with any of the random sims there (after filming of course). They all were looking his way throughout the interview.
    @VanPelt81

That is hilarious

@VanPelt81 Andy is a great wing man. And I think he'll be a great friend. Already Neal has texted to hang out multiple times. I'm glad I captured Andy well. I did have to tweak a few outfits because of problems in CAS, and he came up with a few of his own too because I saw him randomly walking around in something new. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @VanPelt81

@AdamsEve1231
    Huh, that's random. That's the same sim that in my previous save where I left Caroline up to her own devices... she had a one night stand with and subsequently a child with from that encounter.

Haha... Gavin is a player!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

@VanPelt81

That is hilarious

@VanPelt81 Andy is a great wing man. And I think he'll be a great friend. Already Neal has texted to hang out multiple times. I'm glad I captured Andy well. I did have to tweak a few outfits because of problems in CAS, and he came up with a few of his own too because I saw him randomly walking around in something new. :)

Hopefully Andy didn't have any urges to dress like any of the sims in this thread...

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851180/townie-fashion-police/p1

@VanPelt81

That is hilarious

Hopefully Andy didn't have any urges to dress like any of the sims in this thread...

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851180/townie-fashion-police/p1

Haha. That's a great thread. I see fashion blunders all the time, especially with my CC. Like kitten whiskers or colored skin or angel wings. Actually first day on the beach with the ladies I noticed three townies in swim trunks and black angel wings. :D I'll have to see if I can find the screenshot. I named the pizza gal Kitty actually because of the kitten whiskers. Lol.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    In case you haven't caught up yet, yesterday we met @divanthesimmer's amorous Afu... the last of the bachelors to arrive...
    LCxh503.png
    This fun-loving Aquarius already has quite the reputation as the island bad boy. ...will he give the other guys a run for their money?

gGaR5ZJ.png
    ...and today we meet the guys and hear their thoughts while they hang out and wait to meet Breanna. Will they get along? What do they think of each other? Who do they think stands a chance?
    Day 1, Pt. 1: Healthy Competition

Let us know who your favorites are, and what you think of the guys if you haven't already. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Enjoyed the most recent chapter.
    Andy is… well, Andy

Good description of Andy from one of the other Bachelors.
    @AdamsEve1231 oh gosh. I dig all the competitors... I would say Hunter all the way, but it’s Hunter. As far as a good match for Breanna, I’d say maybe Kaha or Griffin (he’s so sweet she could see past his thieving tendencies). I love Mort, but his esoteric background might not match her well... I might root for him anyhow too.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I like how they're all so cocky, and Kaha is just "I'm so happy to be here"
    funny-gifs20.gif

Enjoyed the most recent chapter.
    Andy is… well, Andy

Good description of Andy from one of the other Bachelors.

Haha, yep, that was Hunter. So far, no one seems concerned about him, but watch out world! Andy's a contender! :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 oh gosh. I dig all the competitors... I would say Hunter all the way, but it’s Hunter. As far as a good match for Breanna, I’d say maybe Kaha or Griffin (he’s so sweet she could see past his thieving tendencies). I love Mort, but his esoteric background might not match her well... I might root for him anyhow too.

It's okay to root for your own. :) We'll see who Breanna ends up clicking with during the competition.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2019
    I like how they're all so cocky, and Kaha is just "I'm so happy to be here"

Yep. He's blithely unaware.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2019
    Welcome back. Today two bachelor candidates meet the bachelorette, Miss Breanna Gaines.
    A0DUT6P.png
    V47Iq9n.png
    ...will tongues get tied or is someone in an early lead to tie the knot?

Find out today on Hunter and Kaha Meet Breanna! Let us know who you think has the best chances.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 If this were a tournament and only one competitor can move forward to round 2...

Then I’d give it to Kaha. Haha. Hunter is too Hunter for his own good. That and an outfit that looks right at home in Del Sol looks weird on the beaches of Sulani.