Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Considering they have been messing around with story progression in TS4 (per SimGuruJill) but their idea isn't exactly what we were thinking, then I expect TS5 will have some sort of story progression in it. She made the examples of 'story progression' in Strangerville, and IL changing depending on if you take care of the island or if you play through the Strangerville story. Those two things aren't exactly what players mean by 'story progression', lol. I think most here (where I have read their posts and answers and polls etc.) seemed to have meant neighbors getting married, having kids, changing jobs, growing up, moving to a different house etc. But Maxis is looking at story progression as the world changing (per Jill's remarks) and ways we don't think about. EA as a whole is looking at it with that new program/software they are building as the worlds and situations changing over time depending on real world events....

Honestly, that isn't exactly what players of The Sims series had in mind in either answer. So, here we are again at odds with developers by what we meant. It's like two ships that pass in the night and they are thinking Mars and we are thinking Venus. lol And in the end so far it seems their idea of something wins out over a player's idea of a feature.

So, none of us may like TS5 or more of this sort of story progression if they add more indepth sort of changes like that to TS4. Some will, but that isn't exactly what players meant by SP. I have my strong doubts about TS5 now, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Considering they have been messing around with story progression in TS4 (per SimGuruJill) but their idea isn't exactly what we were thinking, then I expect TS5 will have some sort of story progression in it. She made the examples of 'story progression' in Strangerville, and IL changing depending on if you take care of the island or if you play through the Strangerville story. Those two things aren't exactly what players mean by 'story progression', lol. I think most here (where I have read their posts and answers and polls etc.) seemed to have meant neighbors getting married, having kids, changing jobs, growing up, moving to a different house etc. But Maxis is looking at story progression as the world changing (per Jill's remarks) and ways we don't think about. EA as a whole is looking at it with that new program/software they are building as the worlds and situations changing over time depending on real world events....

Honestly, that isn't exactly what players of The Sims series had in mind in either answer. So, here we are again at odds with developers by what we meant. It's like two ships that pass in the night and they are thinking Mars and we are thinking Venus. lol And in the end so far it seems their idea of something wins out over a player's idea of a feature.

So, none of us may like TS5 or more of this sort of story progression if they add more indepth sort of changes like that to TS4. Some will, but that isn't exactly what players meant by SP. I have my strong doubts about TS5 now, too.

All online games though have story progression - the main trouble with them in my book is you have to follow where the sp leads whether you want to or not. They are just glorified RPGs - also games with preset SP. That in my view is not a Sims game. I never used SP in Sims 3 and I don't care for my game playing itself period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

All online games though have story progression - the main trouble with them in my book is you have to follow where the sp leads whether you want to or not. They are just glorified RPGs - also games with preset SP. That in my view is not a Sims game. I never used SP in Sims 3 and I don't care for my game playing itself period.

Well, I don't either. But she says TS4 has story progression (in those 2 packs) and they are looking how to bring more of that to the game. When you and I both know it's not what type of story progression TS3 players want, nor TS2 players. As TS2 players you and I turn it off, and don't want our Sims touched, I agree, even if we move the grown kids to a different house. But TS3 players loved it in TS3. But Maxis idea is not that type of SP but the type that changes the situations in the worlds and the world changes depending on what a Sim or Sims do or what happens out here in the real world each time you come back to the game. If they are going that route full on for TS5, I doubt I will buy that.
  • Options

Well, I don't either. But she says TS4 has story progression (in those 2 packs) and they are looking how to bring more of that to the game. When you and I both know it's not what type of story progression TS3 players want, nor TS2 players. As TS2 players you and I turn it off, and don't want our Sims touched, I agree, even if we move the grown kids to a different house. But TS3 players loved it in TS3. But Maxis idea is not that type of SP but the type that changes the situations in the worlds and the world changes depending on what a Sim or Sims do or what happens out here in the real world each time you come back to the game. If they are going that route full on for TS5, I doubt I will buy that.

Same here. I won't touch it if I cannot be in full control - it needs to be an option like it was in Sims 3 - so I can shut it off for sure.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Story progression isn't the world changing garbage they put out. I don't care about that. We had that in Into the Future and I didn't care for it, nor did I care for it in Strangerville nor do I care for it in Island Living. I'd rather have the ability to make my own worlds, and change them like in TS2/TS3.

Yeah, story progression to me is townies having kids on their own without me having to go into manage worlds and manually make them a kid. It's having them on their own build relationships and see them having their own arguments and cheating on each other. In TS4 there could easily be an option to disable that for "played households" like there is for aging. But anyways...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TS25TS25 Posts: 1 New Member
    I enjoy certain aspects of TS4, admittedly mostly regarding the actual sims, which with CC, I reckon look a lot better and are more interesting than sims from older games.

However when it comes to actual things to DO in TS4, it feels so empty. Each 'world' is so small compared to what I remember playing when I was younger on TS3.

That said, I've played around 300 hours of TS4 over the years and I will admit I've enjoyed it a fair amount, but I think the time has come for them to reboot the franchise with less cartoony graphics, more open worlds and more in-depth gameplay aside from just juggling multiple sims at once.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    I hope whoever is in charge of The Sims franchise learns from the past failures when they develop TS5.

TS3 may have been too ambitious for what the game engine was capable of. But it feels like we’ve taken 10 steps backwards here with TS4. This is the only game in the series in which I have been repeatedly disappointed. For a while I gave up on it completely. If Seasons hadn’t come back, I would not be playing.

Before Island Living, I was more understanding about how things had gone in this series. I saw the POTENTIAL more than the omissions. I thought Strangerville was taking it in a different direction that was less sandboxy, but I wasn’t mad about it, I figured it would be known if that’s not what most Sims players are after, and they’d learn from that. The fact that it’s a choice to follow the story makes it reasonable, I thought.

But when I had played a few days of Island Living, I felt like the Sims team doesn’t know me at all. It’s mostly just eye candy. Is that all they think I care about? We used to get so many new social interactions with each expansion pack, I didn’t wonder if it was enough. That’s why small packs were called “stuff” packs - they didn’t have any new gameplay in them, just stuff. Now we have expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs, and some of the game packs have more to do than the expansions, and some stuff packs like Movie Hangout Stuff has a lot of social stuff mixed in with the stuff, so I don’t know what’s what anymore. We get some worlds for free, but that’s the main feature of Island Living, the world. It’s inconsistent and in the end, I want more gameplay so I will take what I can get, but as a rule now it will be when it’s on sale, because I have learned better. I’m glad I got a lot of TS4 packs on sale.

I look forward to TS5 only if they learn from the past, start the game off with a great foundation with room to grow, and improve the AI which is always too predictable.

If someone swoops in with a competing game, I will 100% buy it, on principle. That could be incredible to see what happens from there.
    I saw a review yesterday and exactly this crossed my mind.

What’s more, it seems to me they completely forgot they are developing a game. I see amazing scenery and an amazing attempt to suggest an open world and amazing animations. But where in all that is the game? “The ‘but Sims 3 looks so ugly, I just can’t play it’ really falls into place for me now. “Solani trumps IP” someone said on Twitter. And to someone proudly posting IP pictures from their game: “I had forgotten how empty Sims 3 worlds are!” (because we may not be allowed to be ‘negative’, apparently that just goes one way) (mind you, in my view the pics looked amazing, it may be less detailed but beautiful nonetheless) It’s not about a game anymore, it’s about painting a picture and stare at it.

P.s. Another thing crossed my mind seeing this review, the part where he shows the festival. Everyone praises the game for sims being so interactive and lively. I see sims standing there doing things, completely ignoring the others. At one point I catch myself wanting to grab one of those fire stick and throw it into the sea already. It reminds me of bumping into Showtime performers in Sims 3. They just stand there and do their act. Or do they. A couple of weeks ago my sim went to a tomb in China and there was this singer guy at the entrance. Lol, very out of place. I sent my sim down and after she had opened some secret stairs, the singer unexpectedly joined her. And stepped into an arrow trap :D Does anything unexpected like that ever happen to NPC’s in Sims 4?

That review was on point honestly. At this point I have no hope for Realm of Magic or the future of TS4 in terms of replayability and depth, it's just not there. I fired up my TS2 again today and it's still a thousand times more fun than TS4.

Same, I played TS3 the whole day, this is thousand times funnier & more interesting than TS4. I'm amazed to see how much features they used to put in just one expansion pack. This is such a good feeling to play TS3 and knowing all the possibilities that it gives to me. The only good thing about TS4 is that it makes me enjoy the previous iterations more.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I hope whoever is in charge of The Sims franchise learns from the past failures when they develop TS5.

TS3 may have been too ambitious for what the game engine was capable of. But it feels like we’ve taken 10 steps backwards here with TS4. This is the only game in the series in which I have been repeatedly disappointed. For a while I gave up on it completely. If Seasons hadn’t come back, I would not be playing.

Before Island Living, I was more understanding about how things had gone in this series. I saw the POTENTIAL more than the omissions. I thought Strangerville was taking it in a different direction that was less sandboxy, but I wasn’t mad about it, I figured it would be known if that’s not what most Sims players are after, and they’d learn from that. The fact that it’s a choice to follow the story makes it reasonable, I thought.

But when I had played a few days of Island Living, I felt like the Sims team doesn’t know me at all. It’s mostly just eye candy. Is that all they think I care about? We used to get so many new social interactions with each expansion pack, I didn’t wonder if it was enough. That’s why small packs were called “stuff” packs - they didn’t have any new gameplay in them, just stuff. Now we have expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs, and some of the game packs have more to do than the expansions, and some stuff packs like Movie Hangout Stuff has a lot of social stuff mixed in with the stuff, so I don’t know what’s what anymore. We get some worlds for free, but that’s the main feature of Island Living, the world. It’s inconsistent and in the end, I want more gameplay so I will take what I can get, but as a rule now it will be when it’s on sale, because I have learned better. I’m glad I got a lot of TS4 packs on sale.

I look forward to TS5 only if they learn from the past, start the game off with a great foundation with room to grow, and improve the AI which is always too predictable.

If someone swoops in with a competing game, I will 100% buy it, on principle. That could be incredible to see what happens from there.

I would never say your last sentence about any game. I don't buy blindly - it would have to be very much like these Sims games to even get a second look from me for sure. (that is if I was looking for a new life simulation game).
    If it wasn’t very much like The Sims games, I would not consider it a competitor.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    What I liked about Sims 2 and Sims 3 is that we didn't have Game Changers. What is the point of showing off all the features and items when I can/want do that myself? It defeats the purpose of going in blindly and not knowing what to expect. It is what made TS2 and TS3 so exciting. I loved the walkthroughs that they used to do for TS2 and TS3 and that we were able to form our opinions based off what they shared. I like how they didn't share everything about the game because it allows players to explore themselves. What is the point of sharing everything? It makes the game feel so predictable and the excitement of pack dies down.

TS4 is supposed to be T for Teen, but it feels like P for pre-school. TS4 tries too hard to emulate real life that the heart and soul of the Sims is lost. Sims is a life simulator. It doesn't have to be real. The silliness and wackiness of the Sims is lost in TS4. It is too predictable. There is something wrong when previous iterations feel more complete when they had less packs to go off of.

TS1:
    7 Expansion Packs

TS2:
    8 Expansion Packs
    10 Stuff Packs

TS3:
    11 Expansion Packs
    9 Stuff Packs

TS4:
    7 Expansion Packs
    7 Game Packs
    14 Stuff Packs

28 packs later and TS4 still doesn't feel complete? With Sims 5, I hope they get rid of Stuff Packs all-together and stick with Expansion and Game Packs. Expansion and Game Packs already provide enough stuff. Also, peeved that this iteration has the least amount of occult Sims.

I want them to get rid stuff and game packs. I feel like they made these "game packs" to get more money out sims 4 players. To me they seem like nothing but a chunk of gameplay that that's being ripped away or withheld from the expansions. They could easily implement these things into the expansion. I know they can cause if the game can hold 14 stuff packs at this point, then I know it could held more in the expansions. To me expansions are game packs so I don't see the need to buy 3 different packs for this game.
    Exactly, agree completely. Focus on a complete, enjoyable, in depth basegame with all the tools in there to enjoy yourself. Fleshed out sims, fleshed out life stages, a social system that is based on true psychology and human behaviour in a funny way. And a building mode that just has it all. Everything we loved in the other games. A create a style system, terrain tools and the amazing tools Sims 4 brought to the table. And tools we haven’t seen yet (less square based). And then like 2 EP’s a year with actual additions. Not just some ways to canalize existing gameplay or features that could perfectly well be in that basegame, like weather and pets.

I realize that will be an expensive basegame, but I paid €60 for a joke of a basegame in 2014 and that was the réal waste. And if you add up what Sims 3 and 4 cost in total (don’t know about the other versions), that’s far from cheap as well. And Sims 4 is still counting.

I also think such a game would be much more stable. The reason both Sims 3 and 4 aren’t is because they become a shaky tower.

ETA: I’d like to wholeheartedly confirm what you all say about SP on this page. It’s funny how even rotational players who don’t like that kind of thing seem to understand that better than the creators of the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Well, and I'm probably one of few who don't want story progression in The Sims 4. Like it the way it is. Time goes on for all sims whether you're home or on holiday. That's good for me. And this is enough.
    I absolutely hated when I moved out my grown up kids in The Sims 3 to find out two weeks later that they have 5 kids with 3 different sims. Sorry, this kind of story progression doesn't speak to me.

It is just so disapointing that sims in The Sims 4 don't seem to have any brain or memories.
    I remember that my sim in The Sims 2 cried even few weeks after her husband's death. Same with kids when their parents got divorced. In completely doesn't exist in The Sims 4. It's like only now and that's it.

What to say. I still remember when Graham Nardone said that we could pretend that our sims are sad when someone died. ..
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

What’s more, it seems to me they completely forgot they are developing a game. I see amazing scenery and an amazing attempt to suggest an open world and amazing animations. But where in all that is the game? “The ‘but Sims 3 looks so ugly, I just can’t play it’ really falls into place for me now. “Solani trumps IP” someone said on Twitter. And to someone proudly posting IP pictures from their game: “I had forgotten how empty Sims 3 worlds are!” (because we may not be allowed to be ‘negative’, apparently that just goes one way) (mind you, in my view the pics looked amazing, it may be less detailed but beautiful nonetheless) It’s not about a game anymore, it’s about painting a picture and stare at it.

P.s. Another thing crossed my mind seeing this review, the part where he shows the festival. Everyone praises the game for sims being so interactive and lively. I see sims standing there doing things, completely ignoring the others. At one point I catch myself wanting to grab one of those fire stick and throw it into the sea already. It reminds me of bumping into Showtime performers in Sims 3. They just stand there and do their act. Or do they. A couple of weeks ago my sim went to a tomb in China and there was this singer guy at the entrance. Lol, very out of place. I sent my sim down and after she had opened some secret stairs, the singer unexpectedly joined her. And stepped into an arrow trap :D Does anything unexpected like that ever happen to NPC’s in Sims 4?

That review was on point honestly. At this point I have no hope for Realm of Magic or the future of TS4 in terms of replayability and depth, it's just not there. I fired up my TS2 again today and it's still a thousand times more fun than TS4.

Same, I played TS3 the whole day, this is thousand times funnier & more interesting than TS4. I'm amazed to see how much features they used to put in just one expansion pack. This is such a good feeling to play TS3 and knowing all the possibilities that it gives to me. The only good thing about TS4 is that it makes me enjoy the previous iterations more.

I was talking to a friend about shallow features in Sims 4 expansions today and we started talking about how much better 3 was in terms of actual content, but it really hit me when I brought up World Adventures. THAT was an expansion pack. Three new worlds, all sorts of places to explore in each, countless opportunities and the adventures themselves, huge new collections - relics, fish, metals, gems, insects, plants - and actual additions to existing things from the base game. For instance, if your Sim was an author, I recall one opportunity where their books would end up banned in China, so you had the chance to go there and rectify things, or if you were a painter you could get commissions from Sims in other countries. Then there was ridiculous stuff like your boss if you were in the business career asking you to get an authentic relic for his office, or your boss in the military career asking for fine nectar from France to add to their cabinet. Vacation homes, which in some cases (like the old winery in France) came with their own secrets to find, the nectar making skill itself which required a lot of attention to detail if you wanted to make the best quality bottles in terms of ingredients and age, new lifetime wishes, new lifetime rewards... The little details with foreign Sims, like how Chinese Sims would use chopsticks when eating certain meals and greet you with a bow, or how French Sims would greet you with a kiss on the cheek, little bits of depth like that that added flavour to the worlds...

That and having a three thousand year old mummy named Simhotep living in your attic is pretty fun.

Compare that to Island Living's content and it's utterly staggering how pitiful things are nowadays.

Yeah, so much things to do in TS3, I guess I have still 50% of the game to discover while I surely discovered 90% TS4 has to offer.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member

I would be surprised if you could find a single person that wanted Sims 3 story progression, that was not supplied by Nrass or Awesome mod. Unless you want the town to yourself after only 1 generation instead of 3, you would have already disabled the SP option. Yes i know the option was added later. Sims 3 story progression stopped working properly when they stopped the single parents and they never fixed it. The only thing Sims 3 story progression does is emigrate families out of town, at one point the patches said it would no longer be family and friends but its not true.

I would not look forward to seeing story progression re added to the game but it is already, and has been since Get Together. I have already been wanting off switch's that are not likely to ever come. Everything we have no basic control over, is story progression.

Sims 4 has grown on me but with each pack i have a less control of my game which is a concern. I wish these story elements where activated rather than active from get go, could be useful features if they where a choice, rather than required to enjoy that world. Which can be very repetitive if you have several saves. For me at least those only affect Strangeville as i do not own Island Living, due to my dislike of mermaids caused by Sims 3. A bug to this day they never fixed which means they spread like wildfire .

Sims 4 engine seems far worse than previous generations it seems so limited and apparently very difficult to work with. Let alone from my perspective having played Sims 2 and 3, the Sims are very dull and boring.

Considering EAs paid micro transaction stance, i am not holding out for a Sims 5 that i would enjoy or buy, as i will never buy a game that has online features again.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I was talking to a friend about shallow features in Sims 4 expansions today and we started talking about how much better 3 was in terms of actual content, but it really hit me when I brought up World Adventures. THAT was an expansion pack. Three new worlds, all sorts of places to explore in each, countless opportunities and the adventures themselves, huge new collections - relics, fish, metals, gems, insects, plants - and actual additions to existing things from the base game. For instance, if your Sim was an author, I recall one opportunity where their books would end up banned in China, so you had the chance to go there and rectify things, or if you were a painter you could get commissions from Sims in other countries. Then there was ridiculous stuff like your boss if you were in the business career asking you to get an authentic relic for his office, or your boss in the military career asking for fine nectar from France to add to their cabinet. Vacation homes, which in some cases (like the old winery in France) came with their own secrets to find, the nectar making skill itself which required a lot of attention to detail if you wanted to make the best quality bottles in terms of ingredients and age, new lifetime wishes, new lifetime rewards... The little details with foreign Sims, like how Chinese Sims would use chopsticks when eating certain meals and greet you with a bow, or how French Sims would greet you with a kiss on the cheek, little bits of depth like that that added flavour to the worlds...

That and having a three thousand year old mummy named Simhotep living in your attic is pretty fun.

Compare that to Island Living's content and it's utterly staggering how pitiful things are nowadays.

Sim Guru Grant was in charge of making that EP (WA) - he said it was his favorite ep he ever worked on. Which says a lot as he even worked on Sims 2 as well and that one had some good eps too.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Plainevil wrote: »

I would be surprised if you could find a single person that wanted Sims 3 story progression, that was not supplied by Nrass or Awesome mod. Unless you want the town to yourself after only 1 generation instead of 3, you would have already disabled the SP option. Yes i know the option was added later. Sims 3 story progression stopped working properly when they stopped the single parents and they never fixed it. The only thing Sims 3 story progression does is emigrate families out of town, at one point the patches said it would no longer be family and friends but its not true.

I would not look forward to seeing story progression re added to the game but it is already, and has been since Get Together. I have already been wanting off switch's that are not likely to ever come. Everything we have no basic control over, is story progression.

Sims 4 has grown on me but with each pack i have a less control of my game which is a concern. I wish these story elements where activated rather than active from get go, could be useful features if they where a choice, rather than required to enjoy that world. Which can be very repetitive if you have several saves. For me at least those only affect Strangeville as i do not own Island Living, due to my dislike of mermaids caused by Sims 3. A bug to this day they never fixed which means they spread like wildfire .

Sims 4 engine seems far worse than previous generations it seems so limited and apparently very difficult to work with. Let alone from my perspective having played Sims 2 and 3, the Sims are very dull and boring.

Considering EAs paid micro transaction stance, i am not holding out for a Sims 5 that i would enjoy or buy, as i will never buy a game that has online features again.

For me story progression is what i would really love. I think in sims 4 we don't have any story progression from what i can tell so i'm not sure what you mean by ' I would not look forward to seeing story progression re added to the game but it is already, and has been since Get Together' All i can see is that the townies always just change to new ones after dying.
    Even tho i disliked many things in sims 3 but story progression was one of the best features, and the thing i miss the most. It was always fun to see when my sims moved out when she was old enought to see how her sisters got married and had babies and what name they got. Even tho the names wasn't on my language and sometimes weird for me, it was still fun! The world looked alive and it was so fun to see how they grow and continue their legacy.
    I hope they would add it in sims 4 and you could just turn it off and on.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Honestly back then I didn't realize how amazing WA was as an EP. It added a lot of new skills to the game, three gorgeous worlds to explore, vacations, tons of tombs to explore (to this day I haven't been able to even do all of them how crazy is that?), new NPC's, new collectables, new objects like the nectar machine, the snake enchanting basket, etc, mummies and the mummy curse, traps, local songs you could learn and so on. It kind of bothers me how I side lined this EP back then.... unknowing of the content it had. Boy was I clueless.....ahaha

Yes, that EP was huge. Compared to TS4's content......I think it's just really sad what we have come to call an EP nowadays or the sims team anyways.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Well, and I'm probably one of few who don't want story progression in The Sims 4. Like it the way it is. Time goes on for all sims whether you're home or on holiday. That's good for me. And this is enough.
    I absolutely hated when I moved out my grown up kids in The Sims 3 to find out two weeks later that they have 5 kids with 3 different sims. Sorry, this kind of story progression doesn't speak to me.

It is just so disapointing that sims in The Sims 4 don't seem to have any brain or memories.
    I remember that my sim in The Sims 2 cried even few weeks after her husband's death. Same with kids when their parents got divorced. In completely doesn't exist in The Sims 4. It's like only now and that's it.

What to say. I still remember when Graham Nardone said that we could pretend that our sims are sad when someone died. ..
    One word GIF.

on-off-toggle.gif
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member

Sim Guru Grant was in charge of making that EP (WA) - he said it was his favorite ep he ever worked on. Which says a lot as he even worked on Sims 2 as well and that one had some good eps too.

ETA:

I respectfully disagree.

I love twitter.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

ETA:

I respectfully disagree.

Honestly the only improvement to come out of JA in regards to WA is the archaeology skill. The experience of tomb raiding and puzzles is far better in WA, by a mile away.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member

Sims 2 has so many actions tied to events - like you mentioned the reactions - what I love is bringing them back from the dead and if your sims can't pay enough to resurrect their loved ones - they come back as zombies.

Sims 4, in my opinion, cannot touch Sims 2 in terms of gameplay.

Even going on vacations in Sims 2, the sims have secret lots, can invite Bigfoot to live with them, dig up secret maps, etc.

And, all of these actions are woven throughout ALL of the neighborhoods.

It's all the little things that are now missing that show how much - I want to say "heart and soul" - they used to put into the games.

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

Wow, that is a very honest review. I thought I had seen it, but he’s made a few videos on Island Living, more tutorials. The review is fair and admirable. I’m relieved someone this reputable is speaking up. Hurray for Carl. Of course he documents all the features in these games, if anyone would notice they have slimmed down, it’s him.

I agree, his point about nothing happening in the game unless the player makes it happen, it’s so true. But also, things happen that don’t make sense. My sim Natasha went to one of these events and I accidentally chose Flirty Introduction with the blonde chic Leila. Oops. I canceled it out immediately, but she kept on doing it. Oh well. Well, the next day Leila came by with extra food and her wife Oliana was with her. Oliana and Leila started flirting at the table. My sim Natasha freaked out!! But shouldn’t she know they are married, since the spouses are listed there in the relationship panel? She BARELY had a romantic interest in Leila. Awkward.

• Options
    edited July 2019

Wow, that is a very honest review. I thought I had seen it, but he’s made a few videos on Island Living, more tutorials. The review is fair and admirable. I’m relieved someone this reputable is speaking up. Hurray for Carl. Of course he documents all the features in these games, if anyone would notice they have slimmed down, it’s him.

I agree, his point about nothing happening in the game unless the player makes it happen, it’s so true. But also, things happen that don’t make sense. My sim Natasha went to one of these events and I accidentally chose Flirty Introduction with the blonde chic Leila. Oops. I canceled it out immediately, but she kept on doing it. Oh well. Well, the next day Leila came by with extra food and her wife Oliana was with her. Oliana and Leila started flirting at the table. My sim Natasha freaked out!! But shouldn’t she know they are married, since the spouses are listed there in the relationship panel? She BARELY had a romantic interest in Leila. Awkward.
    I really like how he expresses himself so objectively, respectfully and above anything factually. That makes this a very strong review, regardless how you feel about the pack or Sims 4. This is the first time that I had the feeling I as a player can benefit from a gamechanger. The first time I feel someone does that title justice. That a gamechanger is speaking on my behalf instead of their own or EA’s. I truely hope they listen to and learn from what he has to say there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    I will try my best in English...
    I do not waiting for TS5, because I do not believe, that it will be better game... seriously, look at TS4, how many people bought it. We are nothing here, there are millions of clients, who loves TS4, and couple of fans from forum matters nothing.
    I do not want to be right, but I see TS5 like more cartoonish, more colorful, cute, easy game for children. No adult content (and I mean here more romantic interactions for example), because of angry parents, no deeper relationships between Sims and families (like public reaction for treason, like in TS2, where the sister of my Sim boyfriend was angry, when she saw my Sim flirting with other man), because it's to complicated, no fears, no longer sadnesses because of Sims death in family, because it's to difficult for players and could be annoying. I'm afraid, that this is a direction for The Sims - more cartoon, more "click and let's see what happens", more pretty (like mermaids) but boring (like mermaids) stuff.
    I'm huge disappointed with Island Living and I do not waiting for Farm, because I think, that will bring nothing interesting for the whole game. Another "clicker" and repetitive interactions with cute animals, playable in village area only. That's why I'm "team University", because that could bring more traits slots for example, like in TS2...
    I'm afraid, that they will "cut the costs" and TS5 will be prettier, but less complicated game with empty, boring, "all the same" Sims, always happy, always friendly with their cute animals with pet clothes (because pet clothes are cute too). :(
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top